May 2016 Moms
Options

**The Everything Random Thread for May 2016**

Re: **The Everything Random Thread for May 2016**

• Options
    I'm watching the price is right and of course it's the Mothers Day edition, all expecting moms! Which is cool, but how the heck some of these women can still jump up and down when the win or get selected is beyond me!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TXmamatobe Jo Malone makes amazing diffusers in the same scents as their candles. They're expensive but they last a really long time. I feel you on the soot, we can't keep our windows open for very long otherwise there's soot on all of the ledges. It's so gross. 
  • Options
    I'm watching the price is right and of course it's the Mothers Day edition, all expecting moms! Which is cool, but how the heck some of these women can still jump up and down when the win or get selected is beyond me!!
    It's probably an adrenaline rush! I might be the same way if I won a new car or a trip!
  • Options
    swflJDswflJD member
    I just ordered the cutest matching outfits from Gymboree for LO and my niece who is about to turn 6 months old. (BTW, they're having a huge sale right now!)  My sister and BIL are planning to fly in about a week or two after LO is born, and I can't wait to get some adorable pictures of the two new cousins together!  :)
  • Options
    @swflJD my sister is coming to town next week with my nephews and we have matching college football outfits for the three of them to wear from the college we both graduated from :) I think those pics are the cutest
  • Options
    @txmamatobe Wow. Do you think those scentsy wax burner thingies might be doing the same/similar damage? It's not on an open flame, just a really warm bulb melting them...I also use incense a lot, which is something I should probably back off from, too. 

I think I'll be looking into this essential oil thing...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    @dsmith211 congrats!!!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @txmamatobe Wow. Do you think those scentsy wax burner thingies might be doing the same/similar damage? It's not on an open flame, just a really warm bulb melting them...I also use incense a lot, which is something I should probably back off from, too. 

I think I'll be looking into this essential oil thing...
    I'm not sure about the wax burners. I got my cool air diffuser from Amazon and I really like it so far - I think I'll get a few more to put throughout the house. I've always had oils on hand but never tried diffusing them until recently. I like the idea because I can change the scents any time I want with just a few drops of oil. Like right now I have orange and peppermint which I was skeptical of but it smells fantastic. Sometimes I mix a few together that I swear smells like the Anthropologie store and at night I usually have something with lavendar included. 

It won't be as permeating as a candle but if you're in the room where the diffuser is, you will definitely smell it. 

Oh and something I learned recently is that lavendar oil can help remove splinters. I had a terrible one that I tried everything to remove and nothing worked (tweezers, baking soda paste, warm water, vinegar...). I read that a few drops of lavendar oil would work quickly and within 15 minutes the splinter had worked itself out. Good to know for kiddos. I'm definitely not a believer that oils can heal anything but I've been surprised by how many things they do work for. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Love DH but he's driving me crazy. We have an appointment in just a few minutes and are discussing when next week they'll induce me. He had class all morning so I get to the parking garage and try calling him with no luck. Finally get in touch with him and he was just walking To his car. He swears I told him he had to leave by 12:40 when I really said be here by 12:40. So now my appointment is supposed to start in one minute and I'm still in the garage waiting for him. Fingers crossed the doctor is running late today 
  • Options
    swflJDswflJD member
    @swflJD my sister is coming to town next week with my nephews and we have matching college football outfits for the three of them to wear from the college we both graduated from :) I think those pics are the cutest
    That will be so cute!  My sister ended up getting a job in the same town as our college alma mater, so she still lives there. DH and I are planning to go to go up there for homecoming this fall, and I can't wait to dress our LO up in all the college gear for it!  I live near the beach, and when my sister comes here in a few weeks it will be my niece's first beach trip.  Even though I'm sure LO and I won't be up to actually going the beach at that point, I'm hoping to make it across town one evening for some baby beach pics while they're in town.
  • Options
    VS2016VS2016 member
    Anyone else watching the special pregnancy episode of Ellen today?  Love her!!

• Options
    All 3 of my kids are sick. I'm currently washing all the sheets and blankets and stuffed animals. DS1 has this issue of throwing up in like 20 different spots and not telling me about it so I've been playing "search for the vomit" today.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    @thismakes4 you poor thing! Hope your kiddos feel better soon.
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    So... how important is a snug changing pad to changing table fit?  'Cause I just found out the length on the changing pad we got is about right for the table size, but the pad is about 3 inches too narrow - table is ~19" w., pad is 16".   I also kind of get the feeling that 16" wide is the standard size so I'm guessing most changing pad covers wouldn't fit a larger pad either.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So baby is head down but face up. I've been doing the exercises all day to encourage him to turn around...hopefully he does before Sunday's induction. I've read labor can be much longer if he's face up :/
  • Options
    Aquinna82 said:
    So baby is head down but face up. I've been doing the exercises all day to encourage him to turn around...hopefully he does before Sunday's induction. I've read labor can be much longer if he's face up :/
    My doctor said that the baby can actually turn face down during labor (I think the contractions help turn them?) so not to worry too much about that. 
  • Options
    @yogahh I remember that with my first one! That's why I feel for all the FTM out there. It was seriously the longest wait of my life with DS1. Good luck with your induction! 
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    MsIan said:
    Maybe we should start a thread on "ways to pass the time" before LO gets here. I know a lot of you are already on maternity leave, have your nursery ready, due at the end of the month, overdue, or here's a big one: you're a FTM. Some ladies are getting pretty antsy so instead of coaxing your body into labor, perhaps you can read a book, go out with your friends, go to the theaters, (if you're a STM+) doing something fun with your other children, binge watch netflix, or maybe you're like me and the nursery is NOT ready... whatever works for you. That way people can share what they are doing other than eating endless amounts of pineapple, which is something I'm about to do only because I LOVE pineapple. Seeing all of you post about your pineapple endeavors is making me really crave it.

Edit: Words
    Love this idea, especially because I seriously am just sitting around, eating pineapple and spicy food, obsessing, and checking The Bump like they're paying me to do it.
    Well if you or anyone wants to start it go on ahead!
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    babyfmama said:
    Aquinna82 said:
    My doctor said that the baby can actually turn face down during labor (I think the contractions help turn them?) so not to worry too much about that. 
    Thanks!! I actually read last night that only 5-10% stay sunny side up during active labor so that made me feel better.

Guys, I'm dreading my induction tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow @Aquinna82 !!! 
  • Options
    VS2016VS2016 member
    @Aquinna82 who knows maybe you will go into labor tonight!  If not, good luck tomorrow!!! 
  • Options
    Jenly17Jenly17 member
    Best of luck, @Aquinna82!  
  • Options
    VS2016 said:
    @Aquinna82 who knows maybe you will go into labor tonight!  If not, good luck tomorrow!!! 
    That would be great!!!
  • Options
    best of luck @Aquinna82!!
  • Options
    Aquinna82  good luck to you!!  how exciting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
  • Options
    Good luck @Aquinna82 and all the other ladies having their babies this week! 
  • Options
    @Aquinna82 Good luck!!!
  • Options
    FYI Target's weekly ad is dedicated to baby stuff apparently. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    Good luck @khochanadel! I hope they get to go home tomorrow!! FX.
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    I feel guilty because I'm sad on Mother's Day, but this waiting and not knowing is killing me.