May 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 2/19

I'm sitting here (6am) trying to stay awake after drinking my glucose drink and I have an FFFC for once, so let's do this! 

Re: FFFC 2/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    PYLWhammyPYLWhammy member
    edited February 2016
    @Charissadeats so jealous! I'll admit I do that sometimes when I'm working from home.

@js8812 Obviously everyone's families/circumstances are different, so I try not to judge individuals, but overall it rubs me the wrong way too. Maybe it's because my family members are all really far away, but I just can't wait to have them visit and ooh and ahh and spoil the little one :smile:.

@Aquinna82 please don't feel inadequate! There are lots of us in your shoes! Theoretically, I was interested in natural birth but once I actually got knocked up I thought NO WAY lol! You are still fully experiencing pregnancy and birth, and the end result - the most important thing - is still the same :smile:
  • Options
    @Aquinna82  It seems like more people that I know choose a medicated birth.  I think you are in the majority!  Don't feel inadequate.  Maybe those who are going drug-free are just more vocal about it?

I will give drug-free a go, but won't be down on myself whatsoever if I change my mind.
  • Options
    I really dislike getting/giving kisses to children, even my nieces. And they have essentially been trained to give everyone a hug and kiss when saying goodbye. I got the stink eye from my niece once when she was 3 and I tried to duck out with just a hug. I love both of them to pieces, but would really prefer to skip the kisses, at least the ones on the lips!
  • Options
    I spent the first hour of my work day figuring out which breast pump I'm getting and from where vs. actually working. Got confirmation from my insurance company covers it 100% and I can just order it whenever, don't need a doctors note or prescription. Found that one of the suppliers has the one I actually want to get so I call that a pretty successful morning (I was able to check something off my obnoxiously long list so it counts right? :wink: )
  • Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited February 2016
    EErin86 said:
    I really dislike getting/giving kisses to children, even my nieces. And they have essentially been trained to give everyone a hug and kiss when saying goodbye. I got the stink eye from my niece once when she was 3 and I tried to duck out with just a hug. I love both of them to pieces, but would really prefer to skip the kisses, at least the ones on the lips!
    I'm like this with other people's kids; DS is very affectionate though, and I love kisses from him. He hugs family and friends pretty readily, but is more reserved with kisses for them which is just fine.

edited to fix pregnancy-brain wording
  • Options
    piggybacking on @EErin86's: it creeps me out when parents and kids kiss on the lips. maybe just how I was raised but I never kissed my parents on the lips and I don't plan to kiss my son on the lips either. flame away!
  • Options
    @Aquinna82 Please don't for even one second feel inadequate. Med-free isn't for everyone, including me. I knew from even before getting pregnant the first time that I would say yes to every possible pain management aid that was offered, simply because I was already scared enough, I didn't want to add pain on a scale I wasn't sure I could handle to the mix. And I can tell you, I've never ever regretted my choice. I didn't see why it had to be painful but I knew it wouldn't be painless. 

I'm not going to lie to you, even with the epidural you feel pain, but no where on the level I experienced pre-epidural (dialated 6/7 before I got it, but would have gotten it sooner had I been at the hospital earlier).

This is just one of many things people will differ on, and epidural or med-free doesn't make you better or worse. I think the strongest and smartest decision is always to do what your gut tells you is best for you, and it sounds like you know exactly what you want. If anyone tries to make you feel inadequate just know that you're listening to your instincts and this is just the first of many times you'll rely on them as a mom!
  • Options
    @Aquinna82 I understand what you're saying and I might even be a little envious.
    If I'm 100% honest I must confess that a big reason I'd like to have a natural birth is out of competition. Not against those who choose to use pain meds but in silent competition with my MIL and a friend of mine. It's dumb I know but my MIL brags all the time about how she was able to have two children without pain meds and I know she'll hang it over my head so I feel like I have something to prove. Same with a super granola friend of mine. She had a natural birth, breast fed, and made her own baby food. There's defenitely a part of me that feels like if she can do it, I can do it. 
    I really need to shake this mommy wars pressure. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    @Charla1224 my dad's gf has told me so many times about how she "pushed out two nine-pounders med free!" My reaction is: good for you, not for me. I'm taking the pain meds and not going to feel bad about it. If she tells me post-birth again about her experience I'm going to tell her I think she's nuts and shut it down.
  • Options
    EErin86 said:
    Want to know what's worse than kissing children? Kissing your 95 year old grandfather on the lips. Both of my grandparents still go straight for the lips and try as a might to turn my head, they never miss.
    I also don't like being kissed by kids - they're so germy, and it grosses me out. But, it makes me even more uncomfortable when adults try to kiss me. MH comes from a huge old-school Italian family where it's the norm to kiss everyone when greeting them or telling them goodbye. I'm very sensitive about my personal space, so it was an adjustment when we first started dating. MH has this uncle that always goes for the lips, and MH didn't warn me the first time. I was ready to kill him! Now, I give the half hug and step back quickly. They may think I'm rude, but I'm okay with that if it means they keep their lips to themselves! 
  • Options
    I can't stop peeking at my registry to see who is getting me what. I know I shouldn't but I have no self control.

eta: I am such a brat... I should have said "to see who is getting us what" but apparently it's all about me :blush: 
    I checked that shit every couple hours with my first!! No worries

(Don't know how I got stuck in this box)
  • Options
    Is it weird to participate in conversations but not in HBDB?  Because I scurred of putting my picture on the internets  :(
    I'm in your boat but because TB mobile  won't let me upload pics, and I have yet to take a bump picture  ;)
  • Options
    I can't stop peeking at my registry to see who is getting me what. I know I shouldn't but I have no self control.

eta: I am such a brat... I should have said "to see who is getting us what" but apparently it's all about me :blush: 
    The more people who ask for my registry info the more often I find myself doing this. You're not alone. :wink: 
  • Options
    dsmith211 said:

The more people who ask for my registry info the more often I find myself doing this. You're not alone. :wink: 
    Not one person has asked for my registry yet. My friends suck. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I have had two naps (on company time) so far today. 
    You are my hero
  • Options

HA this so so me, I am a constant peeker too. I also call it "my" registry sometimes then I am like ooppps i should say "ours".
  • Options
    nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited February 2016
    I am addicted to jellybeans.  More specifically the sweet tart jelly beans are my Easter crack.  Technically I'm not supposed to have them right now, but I've already been through a bag and a half.  I want to buy a bunch of them and keep them for after the baby is born so I don't have to miss out.  But I'm afraid that they won't make it that long.  My jelly bean addiction is that serious.

I accidentally canceled my Nerd Block subscription too late and will be getting the February block when all I really wanted was the January block (which was disappointing to say the least).  I peeked at an unboxing on YouTube and I'm actually excited about the February block more than the one I had intentionally signed up for in January.  I only signed up for the January block b/c it was Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.   Then I was going to cancel.  February's is DeadPool and Batman. 

Let's see what else.  I have not taken any pictures of my bump yet.  I have not participated in HDBD with a picture.  I have low self esteem in regards to my body image and I don't like looking in the mirror much less sharing a picture of what I see in the mirror.  Plus I"m not coordinated enough to take the picture myself.  My FB friends and family keep asking me why I have not posted any pictures of my bump........

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    I had 3 bowls of fruity pebbles for dinner last night, and got into a fight with my husband because he told me I couldn't complain that I was eating too much sugar.

Uhhh - yes I can. This is only the second time the entire pregnancy I felt like I legitimately NEEDED a food (dramatic, I know, but that was the feeling) so I can complain about it later if I want. We didn't talk the rest of the time. Woke up today, and we are fine, but I still want fruity pebbles.
  • Options
    Count me in with the "I post regularly but don't do HDBD" crew! I haven't taken one pic of my bump, and don't plan to- though I'm sure my mom will insist when I see her next month. I feel huge and gross, why would I want that documented? :tongue: 
  • Options
    @missnc77 That would be a lot for anyone, especially someone about 6 months pregnant! No wonder you're so exhausted! Since your husband is coming home tomorrow, maybe the two of you can plan to order in and curl up with Netflix and do nothing all weekend. It sounds like you could use the break!

@LadySamLady I'm also guilty of stalking my registry (I say "my" also because MH wasn't much help putting it together!). Our first shower is out of state this weekend, so people have been shipping the larger gifts to our house, and our nursery closet is overflowing now. But, I'm still excited to peek and see what other smaller items we'll be getting at the shower. The past few days, there's something new every time I log on. I feel like a little kid who found mom and dad's "Santa" stash early! 
  • Options
    I have the very strong urge to smack one of my coworkers. I think the only reason I don't is bc he's sick and I don't want the germs. He literally just said I feel like I'm getting the flu while I was in the break room waiting to get some water from the cooler. Then what does he do? Gets water from the water cooler. I shook my head and walked away. Now I get to go buy some water and worry that this guy has touched a bunch of other stuff. Seriously... Why do people feel the need to come in when sick?
  • Options
    I would give so many more "love its" if this dumb app would keep me signed in :|
  • Options
    EErin86 said:
    I would give so many more "love its" if this dumb app would keep me signed in :|
    This! It happens so frequently too. Annoying.