May 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 2/19

13»

Re: FFFC 2/19

• Options

So this is Clean Clothes Mountain...all washed and dried and piled high on my bed. But if you think I have the energy to fold it and put it away, you are sorely mistaken. MH is working late tonight so I am just shoving myself under this gargantuan heap of laundry and snuggling in like a cat. And, yes, I am wearing Christmas socks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Flame away, I probably would...but I'm so glad I don't have in-laws. I'm sure MH's parents were great people (both deceased) but after the in-law issues I had with my first marriage, I'm glad I'm done. And I'm glad I didn't have kids with husband #1 because he and his whole family turned into a hot mess after we got married. My parents are great, supportive but not overbearing. I consider myself very lucky and my heart goes out to everyone who has parent/in-law issues. 
  • Options
    js8812 said:
    I just got a smoothie from Starbucks and it reminded me of this confession... I rarely tip baristas.  Sorry.  I just don't understand.  I wouldn't tip someone at McDonalds.
    Do you tip bartenders? I would put these two in the same category. They are crafting your drink from "scratch" whereas McDonalds and other fast food is just an assembly line and throwing the same thing together every time. I will admit I may be biased because I worked at a Starbucks when I was younger. Also, places like McDonalds CANNOT accept tips anyway.
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    I haven't gotten off the couch since 2:00. So going on 6 hours. Oh well..
    Wait..not even a bathroom break?! Tell me your secrets!
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    edited February 2016
    evalynn24 said:
    js8812 said:
    I just got a smoothie from Starbucks and it reminded me of this confession... I rarely tip baristas.  Sorry.  I just don't understand.  I wouldn't tip someone at McDonalds.
    Do you tip bartenders? I would put these two in the same category. They are crafting your drink from "scratch" whereas McDonalds and other fast food is just an assembly line and throwing the same thing together every time. I will admit I may be biased because I worked at a Starbucks when I was younger. Also, places like McDonalds CANNOT accept tips anyway.
    Correct me if I am wrong- but bartenders make like $3.00 an hour which is why tipping is common. Baristas make atleast min wage correct?  And at Starbucks, I believe they even get health care coverage at part time (or atleast used to. Who knows how obummercare screwed that up). At min wage, they are on the same pay scale as a McDonald's worker which is why tipping is ridiculous. Obviously tip as you see fit, but there are reasons why tipping some service providers is customary.

folamij said:
    yogahh said:
    I haven't gotten off the couch since 2:00. So going on 6 hours. Oh well..
    Wait..not even a bathroom break?! Tell me your secrets!
    Well yes took some bathroom breaks. As well as some walk to the kitchen for food breaks!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    js8812js8812 member
    edited February 2016
    evalynn24 said:
    js8812 said:
    Good point. I do tip bartenders. Maybe it's because if I am in a bar setting, I want to be served promptly on my next drink order?  Selfish agenda, I know. 

The reason why McDonald's can accept tips is because of the company policy, not the nature of the work involved.  I wonder if subway, Dairy Queen, etc. don't allow tips?  They are making those orders as well. 

ETA-- great point by @yogahh

Also, coffee makes me feel good, but not as good as whatever the bartender is serving me! ;)
  • Options
    js8812 said:
    evalynn24 said:
    js8812 said:
    Good point. I do tip bartenders. Maybe it's because if I am in a bar setting, I want to be served promptly on my next drink order?  Selfish agenda, I know. 

The reason why McDonald's can accept tips is because of the company policy, not the nature of the work involved.  I wonder if subway, Dairy Queen, etc. don't allow tips?  They are making those orders as well. 

Also, coffee makes me feel good, but not as good as whatever the bartender is serving me! ;)
    People who work at Dairy Queen can receive tips. I've seen tip jars on the counters there before. Of course, I see the most t Starbucks too and I don't usually tip either. I don't feel like it's necessary unless they've been super helpful or I ordered something ridiculous. 

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    js8812 said:
    evalynn24 said:
    js8812 said:

I worked at Starbucks for 5 years up until my medical issues started making it so I couldn't work, and I can say that I wish they didn't allow tips. Yes, I started at minimum wage and even after 5 years and their "regular" raises I was making a whopping 60 cents above minimum wage, but I was getting taxed for $1.50 in tips automatically and I wasn't making near that in tips. Starbucks has the most ridiculous tip out policy where the tips are added for the week and divided by number of hours worked. I always worked the mornings (work rush) and I made the same tips as people who worked night shift and got to shove their faces with croissants all afternoon/night long. So in the end, my minimum wage was really more like a dollar under minimum wage due to the $1.50 tax on "tips" that I wasn't making. I made on average 50 cents an hour in tips per week and that was being at the busiest Starbucks in Ventura county. So, all that said, Starbucks shouldn't allow tipping anyway and should just pay hourly cause they're really just screwing their baristas out of money in the end. Carry on not tipping ladies, maybe they'll learn their lesson! For what it's worth, I'm a semi regular customer at Starbucks now and I don't tip
    unless I make someone jump through hoops to help me, which is maybe like....close to never ;)
  • Options

Also, to those feeling inadequate about potentially not having a natural birth, don't. Seriously don't! I'll be calling on my way to the hospital to ask them to get the meds ready for me and I don't feel bad about it at all! I had an epidural from the beginning last time as well and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my continuously widening ass.  :p

So true! If I hadn't been a c-section last time, I would have tried to go natural...but seriously, epidurals are amazing!!  i will be having a repeat c-section and an epidural again!

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    Pascal86 said:
    1. All I've eaten today is four bowls of Lucky Charms.
    2. @nerdymama15 Don't even get me started on the Jelly Beans. Out of control. Only good thing is that I went to a baby shower a couple weeks ago where they had the game where you guess how many jelly beans are in a container. I guessed almost exactly right because I've been spending so much time with jelly beans lately, so I won a fancy candle as a prize!
    3. I smell bad! I have never had BO in my life, never worn deodorant or anything, and usually only take a real shower every other day or every third day. But about a month ago, it got bad. For a while I thought it was just because I really needed to do laundry, but now at the end of the day, in freshly washed clothes, it's terrible. I'm showering every day, but really would do 2x/day if I wasn't so lazy and that didn't seem wasteful. Yuck.
    I was hoping you won the jelly beans!!

last pregnancy, my BO was way worse than this pregnancy, and it did go away at some point.  Isn't pregnancy weird!?

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    ncm0328 said:
    js8812 said:
    evalynn24 said:
    js8812 said:

I worked at Starbucks for 5 years up until my medical issues started making it so I couldn't work, and I can say that I wish they didn't allow tips. Yes, I started at minimum wage and even after 5 years and their "regular" raises I was making a whopping 60 cents above minimum wage, but I was getting taxed for $1.50 in tips automatically and I wasn't making near that in tips. Starbucks has the most ridiculous tip out policy where the tips are added for the week and divided by number of hours worked. I always worked the mornings (work rush) and I made the same tips as people who worked night shift and got to shove their faces with croissants all afternoon/night long. So in the end, my minimum wage was really more like a dollar under minimum wage due to the $1.50 tax on "tips" that I wasn't making. I made on average 50 cents an hour in tips per week and that was being at the busiest Starbucks in Ventura county. So, all that said, Starbucks shouldn't allow tipping anyway and should just pay hourly cause they're really just screwing their baristas out of money in the end. Carry on not tipping ladies, maybe they'll learn their lesson! For what it's worth, I'm a semi regular customer at Starbucks now and I don't tip
    unless I make someone jump through hoops to help me, which is maybe like....close to never ;)
    Wow, I had no idea Starbucks did that! I rarely tip at Starbucks (If I'm paying cash, I might leave my change as a tip, but its more out of laziness...) and now I feel bad! I worked as a barista at a small coffee shop in high school and I rarely got tips, so I just assumed that was the norm. I feel like I should tip now but I also feel like that policy is stupid and I shouldn't tip, in protest. 
  • Options
    @JennyS86 I have so many jelly beans right now I don't know what I would do with more. And that's saying something. They actually tried to send me home with them and I had to assure them that they would be better off staying where they were.
  • Options
    Jparke2 said:
    ncm0328 said:
    js8812 said:
    evalynn24 said:
    js8812 said:

Wow, I had no idea Starbucks did that! I rarely tip at Starbucks (If I'm paying cash, I might leave my change as a tip, but its more out of laziness...) and now I feel bad! I worked as a barista at a small coffee shop in high school and I rarely got tips, so I just assumed that was the norm. I feel like I should tip now but I also feel like that policy is stupid and I shouldn't tip, in protest. 
    When I worked at Starbucks we only accepted cash tips so we split them at the end of each person's shift. It never hit payroll in any way so maybe it's different in other states or maybe it's just changed since I worked there almost 10 years ago. My SIL is a bartender and she makes more than minimum plus she gets tips so that's not really a good comparison. I'm sure some get less because of what the owners have decided to pay.

Anyway, I don't care who you tip or don't, I was just trying to say why I would tip one and maybe not the other. :)
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker