May 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC 2/19

Re: FFFC 2/19

• Options
    AliciaD39 said:
    @missnc77 I'm so sorry. It does sound overwhelming, and you need to give yourself credit for being a rockstar. Since he comes back tomorrow, could you take Sunday to just relax and maybe treat yourself to something that would help you feel calm? Even just locking yourself in your bedroom taking a nap. 

Look at your schedule today and see what you can push off to next week. Be kind to yourself, you are doing so much!
    Ditto this.  You're doing awesome.  Keep up the good work :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been out of commission all week sick. This is my first day back in the office (or at school) and I have gotten 2 things done. 2.
  • Options
    So today I played up/milked my smell aversion issue. We had a get together in the break room and someone brought a casserole. It did smell, I could of handled it, but I pretended it smelled so bad that I stepped out outside the room and hung out. I really didn't want to make small talk and stare at my co workers for 30 mins.
  • Options
    babyfmama said:
    piggybacking on @EErin86's: it creeps me out when parents and kids kiss on the lips. maybe just how I was raised but I never kissed my parents on the lips and I don't plan to kiss my son on the lips either. flame away!
    This. My IL's kiss my nephews on the lips and it freaks me out. I grew up where you did not kiss on the lips. At all. I've never kissed my parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc. on the lips. I was talking to DH last night about this and told him that it is a firm line for me and I will need him to tell his parents that they will not kiss our children on the lips. My nephew actually grabbed my face one time to kiss me on the lips (and I love this little guy dearly), but I had to tell him to kiss me on my cheek.

My FFFC is that my BFF texted me an hour ago to see what I was doing this weekend. She lives two and a half hours away but since she asked, I have a feeling she's in town and wants to hang. I don't have the heart/balls to tell her that I have no interest in doing diddly this weekend except for sleeping and being lazy. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I am SO looking forward to a slow wake up tomorrow, propping my pillow up in bed, and just mindlessly surfing the internet while watching Saturday morning TV for a couple of hours. I need to find a way to be content with doing nothing because I think the third trimester is going to throw me for a loop.
  • Options
    H0neyC0mbH0neyC0mb member
    edited February 2016
    I've become a lurker and I dislike it.

Edit: my  gif wouldn't work :(

• Options
    tgortney said:

I wish I could post this in every common thread on this forum!
    Ha, I love this! Especially #1, I think I'm going to starting using that in real life :)
  • Options
    My confession is that I will compulsively be checking MyHealth Portal online for results from my 1 hr glucose test this morning.  It would be nice to see it today rather than Monday!

and I want those dark chocolate covered peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. I can smell them....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    @Jenly17 I agree!! I saw some pictures and the name of the person posting was not familiar to me at all! What's up with that? 

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    I, too, keep checking our registries. (We have two because target didn't have some stuff we want so we went to babies r us.) 

My other "confession" is that I love my pregnant body. That's right ladies, I love it! I was so scared before I got pregnant that I'd hate the way I'd look and I'd have a hard time dealing with gaining weight (okay, still have a hard time with the weight gain..) but I love it. I think I look adorable with a bump and I love the way the touched ,after its shirts make it look so cute. :) I hope I continue to feel this way throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

my last confession is I've been really bad about keeping up with everyone and everything on here this week. Sorry guys. I've been off work becaus dive had leave I had to use and I guess I get on here way more frequently when I am working. Sorry guys!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options

I ordered an Imo's house salad with house dressing and a large diet coke. (I know you already know I went to Panera from my earlier FFFC but lets not judge). I got back and my house salad had ranch and my diet was reg dr pepper. I called them and complained.

I hate putting that negative energy out there, but I tried to be nice and they credited my number with a free salad and soda. So. I feel good....

I just cant stop eating. I don't feel too guilty, but I have GOT to cut down on eating out. My choices aren't awful, but my bank account is all go to the grocery store.

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options

I ordered an Imo's house salad with house dressing and a large diet coke. (I know you already know I went to Panera from my earlier FFFC but lets not judge). I got back and my house salad had ranch and my diet was reg dr pepper. I called them and complained.

I hate putting that negative energy out there, but I tried to be nice and they credited my number with a free salad and soda. So. I feel good....

I just cant stop eating. I don't feel too guilty, but I have GOT to cut down on eating out. My choices aren't awful, but my bank account is all go to the grocery store.

SAME HERE. I just looked at my checking account and 90% of the charges are food. YIKES!
  • Options
    I'm a real POS at work today.  Next week will be better.
  • Options

We ordered dinner last night and I got a salad. They forgot the chicken and the cheese. All I got was some apple and grape on wilted, watery lettuce. I called to complain, was told I'll get a credit and placed on hold. Instead they hung up on me. I didn't even try to call back, we just won't order from then again. Sometimes though, negative energy or not, they need to know they screwed up big time.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Mine is that I have fired waaaay to many cleaning ladies. I think I'm getting a reputation in town but damn, so many cut obvious corners and I don't consider their services all that cheap. The latest firing came after they informed me they would be charging me $35 extra per week to mop my floors because they can't use water on them. They are hardwood floors that cannot be cleaned with water and I told them that months ago when they started. I have special cleaner and a special mop that I provide to them and it's only downstairs. In my opinion it's actually easier than the water mopping process but what do I know. I probably sound like a brat but with being pregnant and being a SAHM to my 2yo, I love having some help with the house. 

First world problem? Jk-- that's a service you pay for, so it should get done correctly. I'm actually in the process of pricing companies to do a spring cleaning before this one gets here. Does 250-350 range sound normal?? They do *everything*. But I'm pretty clueless. 
  • Options
    1. All I've eaten today is four bowls of Lucky Charms.
    2. @nerdymama15 Don't even get me started on the Jelly Beans. Out of control. Only good thing is that I went to a baby shower a couple weeks ago where they had the game where you guess how many jelly beans are in a container. I guessed almost exactly right because I've been spending so much time with jelly beans lately, so I won a fancy candle as a prize!
    3. I smell bad! I have never had BO in my life, never worn deodorant or anything, and usually only take a real shower every other day or every third day. But about a month ago, it got bad. For a while I thought it was just because I really needed to do laundry, but now at the end of the day, in freshly washed clothes, it's terrible. I'm showering every day, but really would do 2x/day if I wasn't so lazy and that didn't seem wasteful. Yuck.
  • Options
    kami09 said:
    Mine is that I have fired waaaay to many cleaning ladies. I think I'm getting a reputation in town but damn, so many cut obvious corners and I don't consider their services all that cheap. The latest firing came after they informed me they would be charging me $35 extra per week to mop my floors because they can't use water on them. They are hardwood floors that cannot be cleaned with water and I told them that months ago when they started. I have special cleaner and a special mop that I provide to them and it's only downstairs. In my opinion it's actually easier than the water mopping process but what do I know. I probably sound like a brat but with being pregnant and being a SAHM to my 2yo, I love having some help with the house. 

First world problem? Jk-- that's a service you pay for, so it should get done correctly. I'm actually in the process of pricing companies to do a spring cleaning before this one gets here. Does 250-350 range sound normal?? They do *everything*. But I'm pretty clueless. 
    Definitely a first world problem!! 

They always charge more for a one-time cleaning I've found. It definitely depends on the size of the house but I've paid around $275-$300 for a one-timer in the past (mine is around 2800 sq. ft.). I don't know that I would go over $300 unless it's a pretty large house. $300 or less got me everything including baseboards, inside and out of all cabinets, inside and out of appliances, inside of windows plus all the regular stuff. That's for Dallas suburban area though so I'm sure prices could vary based on location. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Pascal86 said:
    3. I smell bad! I have never had BO in my life, never worn deodorant or anything, and usually only take a real shower every other day or every third day. But about a month ago, it got bad. For a while I thought it was just because I really needed to do laundry, but now at the end of the day, in freshly washed clothes, it's terrible. I'm showering every day, but really would do 2x/day if I wasn't so lazy and that didn't seem wasteful. Yuck.
    Me too! What the heck? I don't like wearing deodorant, but I have to right now. I feel like a sweaty mess. I keep asking my husband if I stink, and he swears it's just my super powerful pregnancy nose... but I don't know.
  • Options
    @Pascal86 your diet sounds like my diet. Cereal for the win!
  • Options
    jenbkc said:
    Pascal86 said:
    Me too! What the heck? I don't like wearing deodorant, but I have to right now. I feel like a sweaty mess. I keep asking my husband if I stink, and he swears it's just my super powerful pregnancy nose... but I don't know.
    @jenbkc we should start a club in KC. No matter if it's 30 or 70 degrees (gah, it's gorgeous here today), I'm sweating like a pig. I've started carrying deodorant with me since it's gotten so bad.
  • Options
    mrstmoose said:
    jenbkc said:
    Pascal86 said:
    @jenbkc we should start a club in KC. No matter if it's 30 or 70 degrees (gah, it's gorgeous here today), I'm sweating like a pig. I've started carrying deodorant with me since it's gotten so bad.
    Maybe it is because of the raised body temperature - I've always hovered around 97.0, so maybe this increased temperature is making me stinky. And after @jenbkc 's comment I'm also hoping it's just my sensitive nose too. I've never worn deodorant and the idea of it weirds me out for some reason, so I'm leaving it on my husband to just let me know if things ever smell too terrible. Or maybe I'll just smell bad for a few months :frowning: 
  • Options
    @mrstmoose a sweaty moms club!
  • Options
    vinerie said:
    I posted a serious one earlier (Update: My meeting with my graduate student went fine; I confessed I was nervous about confronting her). 

New, updated FFFC: 
    To force myself to work uninterrupted and without distractions, I go to online-stopwatch.com and set it to a certain time and tell myself I can take a break after the alarm goes off. 

Today, I told myself if I can do 3 solid hours of writing time this afternoon, not only can I have a little break, I could buy a new pair of art-deco style earrings on etsy. 

Wish me luck!!! 
    I wrote down this website, and am going to really try to replicate on Monday. Thanks for the motivation :)
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    edited February 2016
    1)  I, too, don't like being kissed on the lips by anyone but DH.  My family and DH's mom's side of the family are fine, but DH's aunts on his dad's side of the family... always uncomfortable.  The first time they did it was at our wedding, and I went up to DH and asked him WTF was going on!

2)  I am struggling with complaining when I get charged for things incorrectly.  It's always less than a $5 amount total, so I try to let it go, but internally I am grumbling about being overcharged $0.40 per apple or being upcharged when I get apple juice with my Mighty Kids Meal.

3)  I buy Mighty Kids Meals for myself.
    Anniversary

• Options
    1. I impulse bought a vintage pillbox hat the other day and now I feel like an IDIOT because I cannot get this thing to stay on my stupid head. It's got little combs attached but they just pull right through my hair and then the hat falls off.

I always get defeated by hats -- if it's anything more complicated or stylish than a ski cap, forget it -- so I really should have seen that one coming, but nope, optimism tricked me yet again.

2. Entering the third trimester apparently seems to have brought back all those old "why did I ever do this" and "why did I think it was a good idea to have a baby" doubts and second-guesses. Yay. Good timing, brain. Very helpful to dig that crap out of the old skull attic right about now.

3. I don't want to go to the birthing class I signed up for tomorrow. I'm not sure whether this is because I'm lazy (probably) or don't want to get up early in the morning (also probably) or don't want to walk an extra mile and a half farther than I thought it was going to be (also also probably) but man, the inertia is hitting me hard right now.
  • Options
    I haven't gotten off the couch since 2:00. So going on 6 hours. Oh well..

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @Merciel I felt so tired at the class I went to last weekend. Watching all the partners/husbands walk in and out of the room to go get coffee refills from the cafeteria made me so jealous. Must be nice to drink unlimited amounts of coffee. 
  • Options
    Oh, 4)  I am sulky because I won't get to have a cute baby shower.  My mom is hosting / planning, and it is definitely heading in a no decorations / sloppy joe direction.
    Anniversary

• Options
    ahaa

I actually do drink unlimited coffee (well, "unlimited" in the sense that I limit myself to the 3-4 cups that Emily Oster gave herself, which seems an eminently reasonable decision to me and is the maximum that I ever want anyway). Caffeine is the one big traditional no-no that I don't really worry about; I just don't think the evidence is there, and beyond that, past a certain point, I feel like my life is still my life.

I guess maybe that's another confession: whenever I read about moms making significant sacrifices for the baby (much bigger things than coffee), I'm struck with this combination of awe for their self-sacrifice and, at the same time, a tickly little feeling of being secretly grateful that I, within certain boundaries, am a completely selfish horrible person.

My life is my life, kid or no kid. I am never going to be one of those moms who would sacrifice everything for their child. And I can't even feel that bad about it.
  • Options
    Merciel said:
    ahaa

I actually do drink unlimited coffee (well, "unlimited" in the sense that I limit myself to the 3-4 cups that Emily Oster gave herself, which seems an eminently reasonable decision to me and is the maximum that I ever want anyway). Caffeine is the one big traditional no-no that I don't really worry about; I just don't think the evidence is there, and beyond that, past a certain point, I feel like my life is still my life.

I guess maybe that's another confession: whenever I read about moms making significant sacrifices for the baby (much bigger things than coffee), I'm struck with this combination of awe for their self-sacrifice and, at the same time, a tickly little feeling of being secretly grateful that I, within certain boundaries, am a completely selfish horrible person.

My life is my life, kid or no kid. I am never going to be one of those moms who would sacrifice everything for their child. And I can't even feel that bad about it.
    @merciel I think get the spirit of what you're saying, but in my limited experience with a 2 year old, having a kid is as much about learning to sacrifice as it is anything else.  There's nothing that beats the selfishness out of you more effectively.  And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

As far as pregnancy eating and general habits, though, I'm with you on the lenient side.  I keep my caffeine under 200mg/day, but besides that I don't stress about all of the heavily debated "does" and "don'ts".  I also don't think you have to completely lose your identity just because you become a mom.