July 2016 Moms
Options

January Randoms

Re: January Randoms

• Options
    @Taymiller Whether this is the front or back of your house it's looks freaking amazing! Or if it is a friends house please tell them their outside looks amazing.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    @Taymiller And his shoes!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha @BeachTigress it is the outside mall in Portland. My backyard is nice but not that cool :)

@LinzerBinzer - bil works at the Nike employee store so Murph gets awesome kicks.
  • Options
    @Taymiller I would have so claimed that as my backyard. Lol.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    Natinat6 said:

@pandaferh I used to get them chronically. As in 4-5 times a year. I can say without any doubt that this was the most miserable one ever. I would highly recommend just biting the bullet and getting the prescription. It was basically 14 days even with the meds. I just don't think your body can fight the way it does when you're not pregnant. I guess I should qualify that with my body couldn't hang.

The meds they have me are the same ones they give you when you're pregnant with a UTI. Cephalexin and is a category B. So I think actually a lower risk than Sudafed.

Go with God, my friend

Augmentin is also used for sinus infection and class B... It really may be the better option.
  • Options
    pandamonium20pandamonium20 member
    edited January 2016
    So I have a dr appointment in two weeks, is this something I want to try to call in about tomorrow or bite the bullet and wait til my appointment? I feel like rushing in might be silly because it might not be as bad as I think it is. I have an irrational fear that I just have a low pain tolerance and don't know it. And a serious mistrust of doctors from years of Tricare.
  • Options
    @DobbysSock I would see your daughter asking to go there as a positive sign, as well as the fact she is acting totally normal. Good luck meeting with the childcare providers! Hopefully you really connect with one of them and it helps to further releave the anxiety/guilt
  • Options
    @Puddles03 One of my friend's had a daughter born in the sack. Apparently it's really rare and something about making you eligible for being the Dalai Lama. 

• Options
    @Puddles03 I believe my doctor said they would break it before because they are worried about the cord coming out before baby which can be dangerous. I'm not sure how precisely I'm remembering that, but I think a lot of OBs don't allow it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pandaferh said:

So I have a dr appointment in two weeks, is this something I want to try to call in about tomorrow or bite the bullet and wait til my appointment? I feel like rushing in might be silly because it might not be as bad as I think it is. I have an irrational fear that I just have a low pain tolerance and don't know it. And a serious mistrust of doctors from years of Tricare.

This isn't always indicative of a sinus infection, but when you blow your nose, is it clear or is it yellow/green mucus?
  • Options
    You guys... we got a total of 30 inches of snow near my house in NYC... I didn't have to shovel one bit!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    quartz02 said:

Looks like we're going to be 1/2 Team Green for baby #2. DH doesn't want to find out... So I'm going to find out and he'll stay in the dark. He said finding out when DD was born was the best moment of his life. Awww!

I really wanted to know with our first but chose to remain Team Green as a compromise. The deal was that we'd find out for any future kids. I don't mind if he's in he dark as long as I can find out. I think this will be really neat, and a real test for me to keep silent! 2/23 is our anatomy scan. I'm considering just remaining Team Green again so I don't slip up. Has anyone done anything like this before? We do have gender neutral newborn stuff since we were Team Green with our first.

Yup! DH knew with our last and I didn't. It was great. He did all the shopping. And I just got to be surprised.
  • Options
    @pandaferh I knew without a doubt it couldn't wait. I went to urgent care 45 min away.

For me, my sinus infection tell is this- when you lean over, does your face/head hurt?
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 it's just starting to turn greenish, so I think that means infection is starting to settle in?
    @Natinat6 yep. But it gets better temporarily (though not completely) when I take meds, so at this point it doesn't feel like an emergency to me
    I feel like a petulant child refusing to go to the doctor because they might get a shot. I'm just not good at adulting in that way.
  • Options
    pandaferh said:
    @PinkLady2015 it's just starting to turn greenish, so I think that means infection is starting to settle in? @Natinat6 yep. But it gets better temporarily (though not completely) when I take meds, so at this point it doesn't feel like an emergency to me I feel like a petulant child refusing to go to the doctor because they might get a shot. I'm just not good at adulting in that way.
    booo, it does sound like a sinus infection (most likely). If it were me, I'd be calling for an rx... the meds are just treating the symptoms and not the actual infection... its not a HUGE deal in second trimester to have a fever (it can be a tad worrisome in the first few weeks/first tri of neural tube development) but you really don't want it getting that far. The antibiotics will take a days to kick in so I'd bite the bullet now. 
  • Options
    That is awesome @DobbysSock! What a relief!!!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Thanks @elenabrent (lol) and @whataboutscience I just honestly had no idea.

@DobbysSock I think that's a good sign your daughter is asking to go back but I am glad you have some good options as to where to take her!
  • Options
    Ds has been suddenly deciding 430 am is his new wake up time. Wtf terrible timing little man! Good thing you are so cute!

@PinkLady2015 I watch hgtv all the time and am always wondering who these ppl are and how the hell they have so much money! I esp hate the house hunters beach ones. Like really you need to purchase a beach home in the Caribbean when your visiting 2 weeks a year? Dicks...
  • Options
    Just finally catching up on this thread... got intimidated by close to 200 new posts.

My water broke on my basement floor (I was organizing tupperware in a sudden bout of nesting), so I was able to grab a towel from the laundry basket next to me and waddle back upstairs. I had been walking around dilated at a 3 for a week; however, my contractions (that I noticed anyway) did not start until immediately after my water broke. I had my son 5 hours later. Pretty nervous this time around that I'm going to have an even shorter amount of time to get to the hospital and pop this LO out. Also nervous about my water breaking at work - with DS, I took 2 weeks prior to my due date off. Since switching jobs, I plan to work up until the day I have this kiddo. I guess maybe I'll bring a towel with me to work the last week or two! It is actually reassuring to hear that this labor might not be the same - just in terms of possibly buying time to get to the hospital. Everything else about my last labor was pretty much best case scenario, and I'm hoping for a repeat!

@quartz02 I think if I were you, I'd have to stay Team Green also. I'm a horrible liar, and I am almost positive I'd slip up and call the baby a "he" or a "she" in front of DH.
  • Options

I have all of the jimmy johns I'm a happy pregnant lady

I got my Jimmy Johns fix last week. Had to drive like 30 mins completely out of the way to do it. So worth it!!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @chanfa Everyone's different and it's good to know what works for you. My step MIL heard I wanted no epi last pregnancy and thought I was crazy telling me about how she was constantly vomiting the time she couldn't get one. I went without and wasn't nauseous at all. My thinking is millions of women have done it and the pain goes away when you are holding your beautiful baby, so keep your giant needle away from my spine. Haha! You have to do what works best for you and baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    hey, more power to the women who can do it @whataboutscience !!! 

I just know I can't do it because I am really really afraid of the pain. I get menstrual cramps every month that are pretty bad (can't walk etc) and I can't deal with that. I am afraid of it hurting way more than that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me if your NT scan was vaginal or abdominal? I don't remember how they did it last time. Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, hope that's okay!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 Thanks!

@quartz02 We are team green too. Last time I offered to let DH find out and keep it to himself. He thought it would be too hard to keep the secret so we both waited. I'd be nervous to let anyone know for risk of ruining the surprise. Our u/s tech doesn't put it in our file so the OB never even knows and they don't have to worry about slipping.
    Pregnancy Ticker