November 2015 Moms

Baby milestones-Updates

Our son lost his umbilical cord last night! Just in time for Daddy's birthday. He says he'll keep it in his wallet and show it off to everyone he meets. Lol

How are your little ones doing?

Re: Baby milestones-Updates

• Our little girls umbilical cord fell off last night too, and she is only 6 days old!

It makes me a little sad, I don't want her to grow up to fast. Lol
    rubirubi89codieoconnTiff1stEllsmac
  • DD's fell off at 5d. I was so glad...they gross me out a little!! It wasn't as bad being my child but I never could stand looking at them on other people's kids!
    rubirubi89phyllisneflerfairestblairjsf1986
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow 5 and 6 days? Our son is 10 days old! And thats because we kept putting alcohol on it!
  • My son's fell off when he was 2 weeks old. I was so squeamish about lol dirty diapers are no problem but the umbilical cord was something else haha
    oorl11052015
  • My sons fell of at 8d..
  • My sons fell out on day 5 too, which i was thankful for because it was a pain not to catch! We never put anything on it to encourage it to fall off, just good old air
    Ceridwen77fairestblairCook3133jsf1986
  • My daughters pulled off at 6d but it wasn't ready, it bleed and seeped. Pedi did something with a qtip to seal it but it still seeped.
  • DS's fell off on day 11. We did nothing to it and let it come off on its own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    rubirubi89jpierre91fairestblair
  • Our son lost his umbilical cord last night! Just in time for Daddy's birthday. He says he'll keep it in his wallet and show it off to everyone he meets. Lol

How are your little ones doing?

Your husband is weird and gross!

Wow 5 and 6 days? Our son is 10 days old! And thats because we kept putting alcohol on it!

And just no to the above!
    Fun? Yes! Weird and gross? No!

You can meme the shit out of me if it makes you feel better, but I still stand by my statement :)
    Your statement was just rude and uncalled for but if it makes YOU feel better to talk like that, go nuts!
    taykerslakeMercyC1130RaisingJulian
  • Wow I didn't know you were keeping close tabs on the topics I've chosen to talk about. Perhaps you'd like to hear about my mucus plug? Im sure I can even throw a picture or two in there for ya to keep you interested.
    lyankowiMercyC1130jesshock22RaisingJulian
  • edited November 2015
    Removed for TOU violation
    Just an old 'bad apple' with no home to call her own,lurking in the shadows :-)
  • Can I bring this thread back to baby updates? I need a place to celebrate DD milestone.
    At 3 weeks old DD is back to her birth weight ! She lost 12% of her birth weight so we are very excited. She is also doing great BF so we are done supplementing.

Congratulations!
    MargaretC5oorl11052015rebeccalynn27BowWowBowie
  • Can I bring this thread back to baby updates? I need a place to celebrate DD milestone.
    At 3 weeks old DD is back to her birth weight ! She lost 12% of her birth weight so we are very excited. She is also doing great BF so we are done supplementing.

Congrats! That is such a good feeling!!
    MargaretC5oorl11052015

Great update!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MargaretC5
  • edited November 2015
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
  • Uhh I didn't report you... So There's that. Quit ruining the thread for everyone else.
  • Uhh I didn't report you... So There's that. Quit ruining the thread for everyone else.

I didn't say you did report me, I just said I reported you too. If I thought it was you, I would've called you out :)
  • My LO's cord fell off today at exactly two weeks old. I pulled it out of his sleeper when I was changing him...and the dog ate it...

I feel like this will probably happen at my house...
    Oh my God :open_mouth:
    oorl11052015
  • Hey strawberry, go back to where u came from and leave us alone.

Anyways, my LO is doing great! Her UC fell off at 7 days and we didn't put anything on it. She's just the sweetest thing in the world! And she's actually starting to realize there is a world around her and not just sleeping all the time. Lol
    sadyy131MargaretC5Cook3133RaisingJulian
  • oorl11052015oorl11052015 member
    edited November 2015

Before this thread gets shut down...
    I just put my almost 2 week old in a 3m outfit and he's not swimming in it.
    I might cry.

My DS was in newborn up until Nov. 14th.. I was bitching about not wanting to go get too many newborn outfits and ended up needing more because I only had 6.. I took some that I had received to get the next size up and it totally bit me in the butt.. Thankfully my mom went out (I gave her my debit card even though I don't think she used it to buy the clothes) and bought a few more for me.. I was so mad at myself for not keeping more NB size clothes.. He was in them for 2 and a half weeks!!

Edit because I forgot words..
    MercyC1130
  • My LO's cord fell off today at exactly two weeks old. I pulled it out of his sleeper when I was changing him...and the dog ate it...

I feel like this will probably happen at my house...
    My dogs tried.. i love my dogs but sometimes they can be gross!!
  • Before this thread gets shut down...
    I might cry.

My DS was in newborn up until Nov. 14th.. I was bitching about not wanting to go get too many newborn outfits and ended up needing more because I only had 6.. I took some that I had received to get the next size up and it totally bit me in the butt.. Thankfully my mom went out (I gave her my debit card even though I don't think she used it to buy the clothes) and bought a few more for me.. I was so mad at myself for not keeping more NB size clothes.. He was in them for 2 and a half weeks!!

DH and I are doing laundry all the time because we don't have enough NB clothing. I had told him to keep tags on all the NB stuff because I was sure we wouldn't need it. Definitely wrong
    oorl11052015JamieA322coffeymg
  • rachswi said:

Before this thread gets shut down...
    I might cry.

DH and I are doing laundry all the time because we don't have enough NB clothing. I had told him to keep tags on all the NB stuff because I was sure we wouldn't need it. Definitely wrong
    This is my problem! My older daughter wasn't in newborn too long but Cora is very little at 5lbs 9oz at last check (born at 5lbs 12oz). I need to get to the mall and get a few more newborn outfits. The NB outfits are swimming on her so 0-3 months aren't going to work for a while!
    oorl11052015rachswi
  • DD was 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches at birth and her newborn clothes are still big on her (10 days later). The length is perfect though. We only have about 6 nb outfits as well so it has been quite annoying and I hope she can move up a size soon.
    oorl11052015
  • Thomas was weighed today at 11 days and is already back up to his birthweight after loosing only 6oz last week
    MargaretC5MercyC1130