July 2016 Moms
Options

Names!

Re: Names!

• Options
    We have picked out our names!! If it is a boy their name will be Nathaniel Wolfe(family name). If it is a girl their name will be Elise Aurora.
  • Options
    Am I the only one was hasn't even started? I tend to wait until I know of its a boy or girl.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Croscrew said:

Am I the only one was hasn't even started? I tend to wait until I know of its a boy or girl.

We start a list for both boy/girl. We don't narrow down much until we know the sex though.
  • Options
    We are thinking of
    G- Emerie Vaelia
    B- William Edrik
    We like different names
  • Options
    Welp... Having a boy so it's Martin the sixth
  • Options
    Thank you @SparkySunshine for bringing back the thread because I'm bored and names are always fun to talk about!! I already posted earlier and no real discussion on names since then. I have a feeling it's a girl and I was thinking about middle names and would love opinions. I was going to use Carol for my mom's mom that died right after my parents got married and I know it would mean alot to my mom however I was also thinking of maybe doing a nod to Peter who was my mom's cousin and passed almost 3 years ago. I was VERY close with Peter (have one of my biggest tattoos as a memorial for him) so was thinking a feminine version but can't really think of anything except Petra? Anyone have any ideas for different forms of the name Peter? Either way I feel like it would mean alot to my mom. Sorry for the rambles...I'm super overtired but can't sleep lol

• Options
    Boy: Scott _____ P (after his late brother)

Girl: Carter Ava P

It was crazy too - we were able to agree almost as soon as I brought up the girls name ☺️ Its the little wins in life
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Would you use a first name-middle name combo that is a playboy models first-last name?
  • Options
    Eva Diane or Declan James. Was actually a pretty short decision process for us.
  • Options
    Boy names we like are Lucas, Leo, or Jacob for now
    Girl names are Ella or Collette for now

We're not 100% sure on any of them, but I do love this thread for ideas.
  • Options
    This is so fun :)
    For a girl we want Josefina Lee (Lee is a family name) and for a boy we want Peter Wesley (after my late father)
  • Options
    I have a very amusing gif but I no longer know how to post them, so  :p instead.
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 totally agree with you, girl. Let's be respectful of the name choices.
  • Options
    For a girl my husband and I like Lucia Rose, and for a boy we like Ezra Flynn.
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 I agree, I'm all about opinions on most subjects but names are hard, unless someone wants opinions, then it's fine. My MIL wanted to know what names we had been thinking about and I didn't want to tell her because it's something I want my husband and I to decide together and without the weighing of everyone else's opinions. Some might find that selfish and think you should consider family in this decision, I respectfully disagree.
  • Options
    afrazer521afrazer521 member
    edited December 2015
    So my husband agrees on Killian with me (I feel like it sounds cute with ds, Finn and Killian) but as soon as he said he likes it and it's an option he told me he wouldn't be able to say it so I asked him to just say it and he did it all painfully slow like kill-eeeee-unnnn. Men. How can you agree to a name you aren't comfortable saying? Lol

• Options
    Boy: Preston Theodore
    Girl: Caroline Corneila
  • Options
    We talked about names once and will revisit after a/s. I keep a list for now adding names as they strike me.

One side story that may be helpful to someone: with my first, we talked about several names right after bfp. DH shot down my favorite one. Then once we knew it was a girl many months later, he brought the name up as if it was his idea. I was like, yes, I do think we should name our baby that! So now is the time to plant the seeds of names you love, and try not to make a fight out of it. Just let it go and try again later, it might work!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Options

@jlgriff11 I agree, I'm all about opinions on most subjects but names are hard, unless someone wants opinions, then it's fine. My MIL wanted to know what names we had been thinking about and I didn't want to tell her because it's something I want my husband and I to decide together and without the weighing of everyone else's opinions. Some might find that selfish and think you should consider family in this decision, I respectfully disagree.

I agree with you on not involving family. If I tried to appease my in laws, I would have a son named Jim Bob (James Robert). Just no.

@matryoshkadoll This worked for me with DD and our potential boy name. DH initially didn't like them at all, then decided they were the only names he actually did like.
  • Options
    FluffleSproutFluffleSprout member
    edited December 2015

We talked about names once and will revisit after a/s. I keep a list for now adding names as they strike me.

One side story that may be helpful to someone: with my first, we talked about several names right after bfp. DH shot down my favorite one. Then once we knew it was a girl many months later, he brought the name up as if it was his idea. I was like, yes, I do think we should name our baby that! So now is the time to plant the seeds of names you love, and try not to make a fight out of it. Just let it go and try again later, it might work!

Exact same story. I just casually mentioned DD's name a few times and then 3 months later he liked it.

• Options
    For a girl we like Penelope Seydell (middle name after one of my great-aunts, pronounced like "suh-dell")

However, my due date is the 4th of July, and if she's born on that day we'll name her Liberty. Probably with a nickname of "Libby".

For a boy we like Timothy Elliott :-)
  • Options
    I've posted our name choices already, but we decided on more and I just love the whole name thing! ;)

Girls:
    Katherine (Kate) Harper (Catherine is my mom's middle name)
    Caroline Avery (we just both agreed on these names and liked the combo)

Boys:
    Thomas Poet IV (hubby's a third, although I wish we could break the tradition)
    Benjamin Everett (I've loved the name Ben since high school)
  • Options
    See, I disagree. Family is one thing, but if you want honest opinions, this is the place. Would you like to name your kid, get all settled and then when you introduce 'Jr', every one cringes? I have seen it happen.

There is a huge difference between 'wow, that name suck. Are you dumb?' And 'umm, have you real thought that name through?', 'how do you even say THAT' and what not.
    Like some people think they are being all cute and clever, but there are so many studies that show that 'cutesty', 'unique ' and 'spelled different ' names actually hurt the child in life.

I have fallen in love with some great names, and not so good ones. I was grateful for some one to point out to obvious issues with them, that I did not see.
  • Options
    If someone wants opinions they should either state that, or start a new thread like @DominiqueU suggested! I, personally, do not want anyone's opinion on the names I chose haha. I chose them because they are special to me and it would honestly hurt if someone said something negative about them.
  • Options
    Loved the name Daveaney (dave-annie) but the DH says ABSOLUTELY NOT! LOL
    That was the name of the granddaughter in The Notebook. Was different and unique.
    If it were up to my husband, he would be naming our kids one of the Yankee players specifically the '96 team......Mariano, Jeter, Jorge, Tino, Torre, Cecil, etc.....

So far though I love:

Girl: Darien, Diem, Brielle, Reagan, Evelyn, Francesca

Boy: "Landon Thomas",
    Braxton
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Boy names are so difficult. It's upsetting to see so many boy names now being tried to use as girl names. When you don't want your child to be 1 of 4 In a class, it sucks to now think a girl may share the name too. Carter? Darien? Aiden? Aren't there enough girl names to go around? Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So I think we have come to an agreement on a boy name. It is very similar to our girl name which is Finley. We like Finn for a boy. I like just straight up Finn but DH likes Finnegan and calling him Finn.
  • Options
    Actually I went to high school with a girl named Darien (class of 1999) and never knew it was a "boy" name until my DH mentioned a current high-school football star with his former high-school. So Darien can be both boy or girl.
    I got names for boys saved but for some reason I tend to come up with more girls.
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jodi1980 said:
    Actually I went to high school with a girl named Darien (class of 1999) and never knew it was a "boy" name until my DH mentioned a current high-school football star with his former high-school. So Darien can be both boy or girl. I got names for boys saved but for some reason I tend to come up with more girls.
    No. Actually it's not both a girl and boy name. Look at the SSA name listing of Darien. It's all male. I also had a best friend I high school named Ryan, doesn't make the name unisex. 
  • Options
    @CarrieandRoy I have a friend naming her son Caden. I think she said it's Irish. Although I do believe it's becoming more popular. Connor is always cute!!
  • Options

Boy names are so difficult. It's upsetting to see so many boy names now being tried to use as girl names. When you don't want your child to be 1 of 4 In a class, it sucks to now think a girl may share the name too. Carter? Darien? Aiden? Aren't there enough girl names to go around? Ugh.

I'm sorry I just don't get this. I understand not wanting your kid to share their name with too many kids in their class, but why is it somehow worse that your son share a name with a girl?

• Options

I'm sorry I just don't get this. I understand not wanting your kid to share their name with too many kids in their class, but why is it somehow worse that your son share a name with a girl?

I don't think she is trying to say it's worse just that it makes it more likely that your child with share a name when people are making more names unisex
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I don't think she is trying to say it's worse just that it makes it more likely that your child with share a name when people are making more names unisex
    Exactly. And I hate the "I love unisex names!" excuse, because no you don't. Until names like Ava, Ellie, and Madelyn start getting used for boys, you just want to assign masculine names to girls. (General you, not any you in this conversation).