July 2016 Moms
Options

Names!

I did a search for this, but I didn't see anything, so either I did it wrong or it's not a thing yet.

Let's ignore the fact that everyone wants you to "not get ahead of yourself" before you're solidly into the second trimester- and instead admit that we've already thought about a name or two.

Do you have a list? A name passed down through ten generations? Has it even occurred to you yet that you'll have to name your baby? Details!

We're pretty set already- since we were trying we've talked about it zillion times: But of course, subject to change.

Mollie Marie Lucille G.
Grayson Michael G.

Re: Names!

• Options
    I think we settled on Anna Grace for a girls name last night!  My mom is Ann and DH's is Anne, so Anna is a nod to both of them while avoiding the fact that they spell it differently LOL.  Grace is just a name I've loved since I was a little kid.  Also on our list is Molly and Shannon.

Boys are SO much harder for us for some reason.  Partially because I work with kids, the majority being boys, so I have a lot of associations with a lot of names.  We both like Mason, but don't love how it sounds with our last name.  Other than that...nothing.  Hoping to get some good ideas :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    I really love Nameberry.com

They are updating now, or were, but they have great lists and you can make your own lists too. 

Adam, my husband, has a hard time liking any of the boys names I prefer, Grayson is the only one we've both agreed on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you're ok with this post, the only mention of names was on a symptoms post. 

I feel like we're 90% on a girls name and I have a feeling DH is letting me have more of a say in this. Boy's name....whole different ball game, I really like Irish/Scottish/Gaelic names, since our last name is Fitzgerald. He's making his own list and I told him to stay away from any top lists in the past 10 years because I want something different. I don't want my kids to be one of six Toms or something like that.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MrsRo731MrsRo731 member
    edited November 2015
    I thought we had a boys name picked out but after talking with DH the other day we decided it's a little too 'fadey' for us - so back to the drawing board! 

Most likely we'll pick a couple out beforehand and the day LO arrives decide officially; that's what we did with DD.
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Options
    We picked out our baby names 6 years ago! Just now having a baby :)
  • Options
    Our #1 girl name is Margaret (no idea on middle name). We chose it several years ago and forbade our siblings from using it when they had kids!

Boys: #1 is Jacob (but DH's cousin is Jacob and he hasn't had a son yet, so I'm not sure if we're allowed to use that...our last name is the same as his). #2 is Lucas. Both of those names are super popular in 2015.

DH and I have strange names so I'm looking forward to having kids names that I don't have to spell for people. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I like Alice for a girl and Peter for a boy. No idea on middle names and DH and I go back and forth on this all the time. Name talk is a fun pastime in our house.
  • Options
    juliagulia38juliagulia38 member
    edited November 2015
    DS is Mason Coulter and DD is Morgan Mae. We didn't plan on them both starting with an "M" and didn't want a third. I don't like any m names so this baby might have a different letter. DH doesn't want to talk about baby names until we know what it is.
  • Options
    This is such a fun thread!! We have a boys name from when I was pregnant with DD. It's Garrett Lane. Don't know if we'll stick with that if it's a boy.

We don't have a girl's name, but I really like Emmalee. Our DD's name is Kaylee...so it kinda goes :-). I have no idea on a middle name though. With our last name it needs to be a one syllable name though.
  • Options
    DS is Mason Coulter and DD is Morgan Mae. We didn't plan on them both starting with an "M" and didn't want a third. I don't like any m names so this baby might have a different letter. DH doesn't want to talk about baby names until we know what it is.
    Tell him not to be such a Grinch! I kid... but not really.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options

ok, this is a good time to get opinions on the girls name DH likes....

We both like the name Amelia, and I want to use the MN Irene after my Grandmother, but he wants to spell Amelia with an E.

Is Emelia a real spelling of the name or is he just a special snowflake that likes youneek spellings?

Boy names we haven't even come close to figuring out.  I have a list, but DH doesn't like any of them.

Emilia is the way you typically spell it with an E. I believe this is the Italian way to go about it. It is how we would use the name. It's one of my favorites.
  • Options
    Natinat6 said:

ok, this is a good time to get opinions on the girls name DH likes....

We both like the name Amelia, and I want to use the MN Irene after my Grandmother, but he wants to spell Amelia with an E.

Is Emelia a real spelling of the name or is he just a special snowflake that likes youneek spellings?

Boy names we haven't even come close to figuring out.  I have a list, but DH doesn't like any of them.

Emilia is the way you typically spell it with an E. I believe this is the Italian way to go about it. It is how we would use the name. It's one of my favorites.
    I love both names, but personally I would pronounce them both slightly differently. Amelia is more, uh-melia, and Emilia being, eh-melia.
  • Options
    Girl: Finley
    Boy: no clue!! Our sons name is Murphy and I love that name and we never considered any other names for him so we are just going to hope for a girl.
  • Options
    We are thinking Margaret A for a girl. Margaret is a family name. We like Mack for a nickname (our last name starts with a k.) and sh like Rayland for a boy. I'm not sold.
  • Options
    We've settled on Barbara Louise and Everett David. All are family names and we feel pretty great about it. Now in the case of twins/second kids of the same sex we're totally not on the same page.

• Options
    lunanova9lunanova9 member
    edited November 2015
    I like so many names but DH vetoes almost all of them right away. For boys he has already vetoed, Silas, and August which are my absolute favs (I'm still pushing for August though, I'm not ready to give up that one yet lol). I also like Julian, Roman, Elliot, Atlas, all of which he has said no to :( Girls I like, Remy, Ariadne, Rowen, the only one DH hasn't vetoed of those is Ariadne, but we both aren't sold on that one yet. It took us a really long time to name DS so I don't doubt this time around it will be the same way. I like to have a name before we go into delivery, just because I'd be too stressed to try and name a baby afterwards.  Edit: changed has to hasn't
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We chose our girl name several months before TTC, and the boy name we are jumping back and forth between 2 but like 80% in favor of one!

Middle name for girl was influenced by FIL saying he had an affinity for French girl names (which I have always thought were beautiful).
    And DH and I are both a decent amount Irish so we chose the boy name off of that - still cant think of a middle for him but fingers are crossed its a girl since we are quite attached to the name :)

G: Hayley Aveline

B: Kian ___?____  (KEY-IN) ... not (KY-AN)

Brody - Runner Up

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    juliagulia38juliagulia38 member
    edited November 2015

Tell him not to be such a Grinch! I kid... but not really.

-----------------------------
    For real! He is being a grinch. This baby was not planned and we really didn't want anymore so he is kinda in a bad mood. He'll come around but I try not to talk about the baby much in front of him.
  • Options
    Emelia is a real spelling! :smile: my husband is shooting for Amelia Ann for a girl, but I'm just not sold. Our boy name from our pregnancy with DD was Easton Boone, so we're keeping it. DD's name is Blakeley, so we won't something that goes with it without sounding matchy.
    I love Celtic names, but hubs says no. Our name ends in 'er' so that knocks out all first names ending with an 'ER'. We struggled so much with girl names the first time around and then ended up having a girl. Hopefully it's easier this time around as we're going team green on this one.
  • Options
    I am like many of you, where my Hubby just says no, but has no suggestions. I'm wanting Claire Lilli Anne w.
    Nathaniel Lewis Ross w.
  • Options
    We like Whitney Emmeline or Naomi Emmeline for a girl, William or Martin for a boy (not sure on boy middle names yet). 

Other names we still have on our list are:

Lilah
    Vanessa
    Violet 
    Eve
    Clementine

Sterling
    Frederick
    Miles
    Carl
    Franklin
  • Options
    Fun topic! Okay so we are so not 100% decided on anything really but, we both agree on Luke for a boy. For a girl, I like a few names, such as Reece, Carrie and even Drew for a girl. Still a work in progress! :smile:
  • Options
    We've chosen ours already, except the boys middle name :)
    Girl: Delilah Rose Duran
    Boy: Angelo Duran
  • Options
    We had a really hard time coming up with a name we both agreed on for ds! His name is Weston David, so if another boy comes along it will be really hard to find something since most names I liked were already shot down with ds.
    For girlsi like:
    Lucy, Violet, Scarlett, Aria and Layla
  • Options
    Boy: Gabriel Alexander
    Girl: Lillian Lourose
  • Options
    My son's name is Colt James and it's the best one for boys in my opinion! This one will be more difficult if it's a boy. We are thinking Everett Frank. Those are both of our dad's middle names. If it's a girl, Ivy Lynn!
  • Options
    We've chosen both names before even conceiving!
    Girl: Katherine Harper
    Boy: Thomas Poet IV
  • Options

We've chosen both names before even conceiving!
    Girl: Katherine Harper
    Boy: Thomas Poet IV

I LOVE Harper. I'm sure DH wouldn't. lol he hates all the names I like.
  • Options
    All these food animations are so darn funny!

Well For a Girl I like Ariella and Clarisse and for a Boy I like the names Ethan (also considering Phillip since that is my Hubby's name)
    and also like Cayden.
  • Options
    sboston06 said:

Our #1 girl name is Margaret (no idea on middle name). We chose it several years ago and forbade our siblings from using it when they had kids!

Boys: #1 is Jacob (but DH's cousin is Jacob and he hasn't had a son yet, so I'm not sure if we're allowed to use that...our last name is the same as his). #2 is Lucas. Both of those names are super popular in 2015.

DH and I have strange names so I'm looking forward to having kids names that I don't have to spell for people. 
    I recommend Margaret Anne. ;) Do you plan to use a nickname? I was always Maggie, though my mom wanted to call me Marnie. My coworker just goes by Margaret.
  • Options
    DH and I both have M names and our last name begins with M, so he wants our children to have M names as well. Also, we are super Irish and he's a little bit Scottish, so we like traditional Irish names.

Girls:
    Maeve Eileen (Eileen for my mom)
    Megan Kathleen (Kathleen for his mom)

Boys:
    Mark Rowan (for my uncle who passed away, Rowan is my maiden name)
    Mason (MN TBD)
  • Options
    @marowan - Absolutely would use Maggie as a nickname. I do like the name Margaret too so I feel like it's the perfect name because either one is great. DH's grandmother was named Ann so it would definitely be a fitting middle name!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I'm a teacher so it makes it extra hard for me haha.
    I like the name Jack for a boy and Audrey for a girl.