Infertility
Options

Low AMH Level

Re: Low AMH Level

• Options
    Thank you @andreamm31 & @lucyb1954, happy but still so nervous.  I can't even bring myself to join any of the other forums and sharing.  Hope you both are doing well and congrats on 26 weeks @lucyb1954; time is sure flying for you.
  • Options
    Such great news from you ladies! So happy to hear of all the great Beta's and Ultrasounds. Gives me hope for this round!! I just had my 3rd lining check for my modified natural cycle and my lead follicle is now "mature" at 18.2 and lining at just over 9, so I think they will likely have me trigger with the HCG tonight which means transfer would be next Thursday (17th). So excited! I will be putting in two PGS tested embryos. both hatching, BC boy and a BB girl. Those are both the last of my day 5 embryos. Praying at least one sticks this time and gives me a healthy Baby!! 

Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter Great news! Lining sounds good, wishing you all the best on Dec 17!
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter that's awesome! Wishing you all the best for your transfer! I know it's the last of your day 5s, but all my blasts were day 6s and now pregnant so I'm confident your day 6s are in good shape too. 

@andreamm31 you are too sweet -- your cheerful words really worked on me. I was able to let go a little bit. I know my boyfriend is still a deer in headlights with one kid so I need to give him some time. But it is hard with IF, you know, you just want SOMETHING to be your choice! It's such an out of control situation that I just get frustrated. Thank you <3

@Imajin99 I'm sure you are still a total bundle of nerves! When's your next appointment? How are you feeling? Sending hugs!

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying holidays (or just wintertime!). I failed my second gestational diabetes test so will be visiting maternal fetal medicine folks to help get it under control. I was kind of surprised that I failed the second one too...Been exercising a lot more and eating more protein and less sugar...Oh well. Another thing out of my control! But I'll tackle it -- I do have a feeling that I will probs need medication because I eat pretty healthily and if that plus exercise isn't helping...At least I have calmed down about it. It's not my fault, I just need to do what I can to manage it. 
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter
    FX for you on Dec 17!!!! I'm surprised they were willing to transfer two tested -- is it because of your history?
    @Imajin99
    You have no idea how delighted I am for you!!!! FX that the next ultrasound goes just as smoothly and you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!!
    @lucyb1954
    My husband never wanted to have kids (he says he's not a kid person) but knew that I wanted them bottom-line, deal-breaker and he wanted to marry me so that was something he was willing to take on. Once our daughter was born, he completely changed his tune and is an awesome daddy. Did your SO have any kids previously, I can't remember? I can understand the age thing, but I wouldn't worry -- he'll fall in love with your little one and I'm sure you'll start talking about having another in due time! Sucks about the GD, but I'm sure you'll figure out how to manage it and soon enough it will just be another blip on the road to your little one.

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @mbradfo2 Thank you!
    @lucyb1954 Next ultrasound is this Friday. and then I graduate from clinic.  Have no idea of an OBGYN and I have to give them a name thsi week.  I have had some friends give suggestions but the one I was hoping for is taking limited new patients and the other Dr won't see you until you are almost 20 weeks.  
    Can anyone give me an insight when OBGYNs will see you after you graduate from the clinic? I will be asking my RE if he will see me one more time after the New Year. Hope he says yes.
  • Options
    @Imajin99 My OB saw me at 10 weeks. Usually my clinic discharges at 8-9 weeks, but they covered me until I went to the OB. I'm sorry the one you were hoping for isn't working out. I love mine and I think it's important to find one who is both on top of it and you like. Mine let me come in for extra ultrasounds because she knew I had been through a lot with IF, which was reassuring and super nice! I hope you can find someone who works for you <3

@mbradfo2 thank you, that offers me hope! My SO was on the fence about kids for a long time (even though I was CRYSTAL clear that kids were a no-compromise situation for me) but when we got my fertility tested and got the bad news, he was fully on board. And I really think he'll be an awesome dad...he has so much empathy for all things smaller than him, whether animals or people. I learned that you can get the baby to kick or move if you show a bright light on your belly and he hasn't been able to feel her kick yet...I suggested that we do that so he can feel her kick, and he was like "No, that's so mean!" lol :) I think he's really just a deer in headlights right now, plus we have been dealing with IF for so long it didn't ever feel like we would ACTUALLY get here. 
  • Options
    **TW**
    Just had quite a bit of bleeding this evening spoke with ER line and said I just have to wait and see as it is not accompanied by cramping but it is heavy bleeding for last two hours.  Hoping they can get me in for the ultrasound tomorrow or Tuesday.  I am so upset and do not feel reassured at all :(

• Options
    @Imajin99
    -creepy internet hugs to you- Bleeding, even alot, happens in perfectly fine pregnancies -- SCH is a major cause and seems to be more common in IVF pregnancies. Hope they can get you in soon for peace of mind.

@lucyb1954
    It wasn't until after my baby shower that my husband started to really 'get' that he was going to be responsible for a little human. He had never held a baby before or anything, let alone take care of one. And yeah, the IF plays into that -- it took us 6 years and losses to get to our take-home baby, so I think he had just pushed it into the back of his mind. One boon for him was that I had a c-section so he was responsible for most of baby's care as I recovered. The man who said 'I'M NEVER GOING TO CHANGE A DIAPER' changed diapers, became an excellent swaddler (I used to ask him to do the swaddles at night since he was so good at making them perfect) and spent hours researching the best bottles and warmers He even had an exact science to making each bottle - a specific time for it to sit in the warmer, a specific ratio of formula to cereal...He's a tech guy, so I think that explains part of that lol. But I think most first time daddies are very unsure...and then that little girl wraps him around his finger and makes him forget all of that. And DD is a total daddy's girl lol. 

Daddy/daughter love
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Options
    @Imajin99 Thinking of you.  Are you able to get in for an ultrasound today?
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    Thinking of you @Imajin99 and hoping all is well
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    Thinking of you @lmajin99
  • Options
    Omg I’m just catching up on posts @Imajin99 I’m so so relieved and happy that the bleeding was not serious and baby is okay! You must’ve been absolutely terrified, I’m so sorry! ❤️❤️❤️ I have heard that the suppositories can irritate the cervix and it does seem like bleeding is way common among my IVF friends. Still terrifying but relatively common. 

@mbradfo2 awww look at your adorable DD and DH! I’m pretty certain this little one will also be a daddy’s girl...my boyfriend is also, like a lot of men, terrified of infants, won’t hold them, etc.  he will be terrified when she arrives but he’ll have to adapt cuz at some point I’ll need a shower or nap!

• Options
    @Imajin99 oh my goodness lady, how terrifying!!!! I’m so glad everything is ok! I had some bleeding too and was out on pelvic rest and it really freaked me out!   Glad it’s just likely irritation.  I had the worst time finding an OBGYN. Everyone I got a recommendation for wasn’t covered by my insurance or wouldn’t see me till I was like 20 weeks, it was nuts! I spent so much time calling offices, it was so stressful.  I ended up spending hours one night reading through ZocDoc reviews and finally found one accepting new patients that was covered by my Insurance.  And that doctor ended up to be fantastic.  He saw me for ultrasounds every other week until about 20 weeks and would let me come in for a reassurance scan whenever I wanted. It was really helpful for my anxiety.  He pushed me really hard to be induced on my due date (due to it being an IVF baby and me being 39) which I was NOT happy about but turned out to be very critical considering my placenta was already failing and her vitas were all weird when we got to the hospital.   So I’m sure you will find someone great even if it can’t be through personal recommendation.  Good luck!!!!! I know how stressful that is.

@mbradfo2  those  pictures!!!!!! Melting my heart!!

@lucyb1954  oh lady, what a bummer. I’m sorry, but your attitude is fantastic. It’s true, you just gotta roll with the punches.  I hope you have a good meeting with the MFM, I’m sure you will be able to tackle this thing with their help.  

@ladyp0tter good luck lady!! I’m all about the natural cycles:)!! 
    Me: Hashimoto Autoimune Disease
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    DOR - AMH  .27 High FSH (don't even know how high)
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 1 -3 made it do day 5!    2 5AA 1 6BB  PGS results =  all abnormal :(
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 5 - Canceled -  looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 6 - 3 mature, 2 fertalized 1 made it to day 5 and sent for PGS

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    FET#2 - PGS normal boy - BFN
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
    1st transfer - chemical pregnancy
    2nd transfer - success, May 17 2020 due date!
  • Options
    @lmajin99 my heart sank when I read your post. Im sooooo happy to hear that baby is ok.  How freaking scary.  After everything you have been through,  this must have been so emotionally exhausting to live through this moment.  But happy you and baby are ok.  Prayers that this is the last hiccup!!

AFM. Its been like over 2 weeks and both my clinics cannot get their shit together to get my medical records transferred back to San Diego and the 2 embryologists cannot connect to get my embryos coordinated to ship.  Im getting super annoyed as I can't book an appt with my RE here until she has everything from Utah.  I really want to pay for my next cycle this year for tax purposes since we are like almost $40k deep this year.  And be able to start immediately when the new year starts. Plus I'm on birth control from Utah docs and I don't know if my RE wants me to continue with that or not so I want my consultation to find out what she wants me to do before next cycle.   

Also, San Diego Covid numbers are INSANE!!! San Diego hospitals had like 180 covids just before Thanksgiving and now we have 1073!! My hospital system (4 hospitals, but one is super tiny) has the brunt of the cases with 373. We don't have enough beds or staff and our ICUs are over capacity and into overflow beds.   Its so scary.   Im working an extra shift a week to help for the next 4 weeks....we all are.  So maybe it's a good thing my transfer isn't till mid to late January.  I've never seen anything like this....these patients are so crazy sick and they are in ICU FOREVER.... its just really sad.   So I hope and pray you all are staying safe,  socially distance, and wear your masks!! Love you ladies!!

39 years old   DH 41.  Sperm looks great.  We live in San Diego  
    Me:  ****TW loss mentioned***
    MTHFR Homozygous 677TT (dx 2016)
    hypothyroid
    8/2018           Off birth control
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/8/2019        Saw fertility doctor, AFC 5, labs drawn
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    4/18/2019      9 week ultrasound  MM , stopped growing at 6 weeks, no HB.  D&C 
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
                         1st of 3 Egg retrievals planned tentatively for July
    6/29/2019     started Antagonist Protocol 
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    12/20/2019    ERA - pre-receptive.  Needed 24 hours more of progesterone
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    4/20/2020.  BFP trying on our own! 
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @mbradfo2 - Thank you! Yes, I believe she agreed to two because of my history. Likely because one of the embryos is BC too (my last boy). I am guessing she doesn't think that one will stick. I am so nervous about it though, I would love for both to stick, but even just one would make my heart melt!! I am scared that the BC will not work, but I have seen others who had that grade and it worked for them, and MAYBE, just MAYBE....the BB will help kind of nudge it along as it's sister to both hop in and implant. I an only be so lucky! 

I have had a couple sessions of acupuncture, and I am getting a nice relaxing swedish massage tomorrow. Thursday my transfer is at 2:30 so I scheduled my acupuncture for 1:30 and 4pm. Hoping that it helps settle them in this time. EEEEE...only two more days!!! This time in 48hrs I will be PUPO!!!!

@imajin99 - so glad to see all is ok with you!! I understand that fear since I had bleeding with my twins for 16 weeks!! I never felt comfortable until it finally went away! 
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter Good luck, friend! Excited for your transfer, I'm glad you're getting in some good relaxation time pre-transfer, I think that has got to be helpful, esp this time of year when things can get so stressful!

@Imajin99 hey lady! How's the bleeding? You hanging in there okay?

@hopefuljj My regular OB has mentioned a couple of times that she wants to induce me a week before my due date because I'm also 39. The MFM folks said they would be comfortable going up until my due date and I can't decide what to do! I guess I don't have to decide now, but I am a nervous nellie so I might go a week early even though it would be nice to wait and see if it happens naturally. 
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter Thank you so much, that is always reassuring to hear and I have read that as well.  Good luck with your transfer!
    @mbradfo2 Lovely pictures, thank you for sharing :)
    @lucyb1954 I am doing well, have a bit of spotting still and it does make me slightly nervous. I have started just inserting the suppositories' rather than using the applicator and that has seems to help a bit. Have they helped by giving you a food plan to follow for the GD?
    @andreamm31 Thank you.  I understand the frustration of delays, why can't they just get it together.  Scary with the numbers getting higher and higher.  Hoping that next few months we will start seeing the decrease as the vaccinations increase
    @hopefuljj Thank you sweet friend and appreciate the advice on the OBGYN, I am going to contact the one my friend recommended one more time and see if they will accept me and if not at the same location they do have another OBGYN that has good reviews and a nurse at my clinic recommended.  Are you excited for the first holiday season with your lil one?
  • Options
    @andreamm31
    Ugh, covid >.<  Everyone down here in south Florida acts like everything is totally normal (minus we wear masks now) and talk about hosting parties for the holidays/etc and going out to restaurants. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to get the vaccine in a few months. FX.

@Imajin99
    I'm so delighted everything looks great! I had bleeding in my first tri as well and they could never find a cause. It seems to be common in IVF pregnancies. 

AFM, looking like another late period this month since I should have started spotting at least by now. I think all of this is going to make my RE really push the BC to keep things regular. We were supposed to start the following cycle (after this upcoming one) and it looks like it might end up getting pushed into late Jan/early Feb if I don't get my period soon. Arghhhh.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @Imajin99 I was actually never given applicators with my suppositories but I have heard the suppositories can cause irritation so maybe I never got the irritation because I didn't have an applicator! If the bleeding is dying down, that sounds very promising but I'm sure any bleeding has got to be terrifying. 

@mbradfo2 Ugh, sorry about the late period. That was a total constant with me during OE IVF and it was so incredibly frustrating. 

@andreamm31 how was your biopsy today? Feeling okay?
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter
    I think they are still in the very early stages of hatching -- you can see some cell herniation and pushing through the "shell"  (that faint circle around the cells). 

Here's a diagram of the different stages of development -- yours look like the "Beginning to hatch" phase.

AFM
    Still no sign of AF. But some good news (for me, at least!) -- I had my first appointment with my new psychiatrist on saturday and she is completely on board with trying new things (my old one just kept adding on more and more meds rather than exploring newer options) and if things go as planned, I'll be on just one pill a day! And it's safe in pregnancy so no worries there about having to stop taking it. She is actually going through her own IF journey right now and said she could really relate to the feelings I had and still do have (IF never really goes 'away' even if you have a baby). So I feel like I finally have someone who is going to be able to sort out my messy stewpot of emotions and get me back to my pre-IF self as much as possible. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    Imajin99Imajin99 member
    edited December 2020
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well leading up to the holidays. I am looking forward to 10 days off and just sleeping as I am always exhausted.  Had my 3rd ultrasound  today:

Everything looks good.  This was technically my last ultrasound  and graduation  from the clinic but since the RE knows there is a gap until I am seen by the OBGYN he agreed to do an ultrasound in a few weeks when I come in for the NIPT test.  Super happy to hear about that.  Baby was jumping around a lot so RE said it was a bit harder to measure as baby was squished up.  Measuring at 8 weeks 3 days so about 1 day behind but no concern.  The BPM was 176 and was so loud and clear.  My hubby was Facetiming and made a video.  We are thinking of telling our immediate family in next few days.  Still have a bit of spotting but RE said not concerned.  I am almost going to be done my medications next week as well.  

• Options
    @lmajin99     what fabulous news.  I cant believe you are almost 9 weeks!! time flies!!  That is so wonderful that your RE will see you for one more ultrasound for peace of mind.  I forgot, did you PGS test your embryos?  I wonder, is it ok to do an NIPT if you did do PGS testing? Will they show anything different that what PGS tests for?  

@mbradfo2.Im sorry about your period not cooperating.  So annoying when we cant get things done in the time Frame we create based on what works best for us.  Why doesn't the universe and our bodies just listen to what we want !  grrrr.  Im glad you found the right medicationI think that is such a great thing for you to have a good support system and a good plan on how to balance things out.  Kudos to you to recognizing when you need help.  I also see a therapist and I don't even know where I would be if it wasn't for having that impartial person who can help on this journey in a healthy way and recognize when I might need some extra help getting back to me.  

@ladyp0tter Just want to shout out and let you know I love ya girl!  I get your updates every day anyways....hehehehe. I just keep thinking what if my 3 kids (my dream) gets to hang out with your 3 kids that will be half siblings!  LOLOLOL.  
    (I jokingly said today that maybe one of her embryos would split and she ends up with Triplets!! haha.)

@lucyb1954 My biopsy was pretty darn painful I gotta admit.  But the ERA was worse.  And the balloon in my uterus after my uterine artery rupture was THE WORST.  So all in all, not bad! haha. She had to do 3 passes because my lining was so thin from birth control.  But I got the call Monday that it was totally normal, no infection!! woohooo!  

Now that I know my endometrial biopsy was normal,  I am pretty much convinced I was just not quite receptive because my progesterone was too low. My ERA was done with 5 days of 200mg vaginal progesterone at night and 1.5ml of PIO in the morning and I still need 24 hours extra.  Dr Dorais had me do 1ml progesterone a day for the 6 days.  So I really think I was way underdosed based on what my ERA was saying I needed. I have my consult with my RE who did my ERA and previous IVF on Dec 30th.  Both clinics kinda dropped the ball and they couldn't organize in time to get my embryos out here last week, so now I think it will be more like beginning of January.  Im hoping my doc is ok with coming off my birth control like Jan 2nd and have a baseline on 4th or 5th and get started before my embryos even get here.  I really hope she doesnt make me wait till they physically arrive. I cant imagine them being delayed much longer than the first week of January.   

Wishing all of you ladies a safe and Happy Holidays!! Sending you all lots of love! 

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @andreamm31
    It can be so frustrating trying to coordinate between all of these different doctors and clinics, esp. when they have their own ideas about things, Your take on stuff sounds about right, imo.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    I haven't been commenting on the board for awhile although I have been lurking and silently cheering for you all.  Things have been rough with my last embryo transfer failure. After three months of Lupron Depot and being told by my RE that I had less than a 5% chance of failure transferring two PGS normal embryos,  I was just kind of down in the dumps for awhile thinking that my chance at having another baby was over and done. I also ran out of PGS tested embryos but was lucky enough to have 6 untested donor embryos to use.  

@andreamm31 Jack up that progesterone!!!!
    ***TW***
    Just had an embryo transfer of three untested donor embryos last Friday. I did not do an ERA or biopsy this time but my RE decided to add an extra day of progesterone, up my dose of IM Progesterone in oil from 1-2 ml daily and add Crinone suppositories AM and PM. We also changed my estrogen from oral to IM twice weekly.  3 days past transfer, I started getting positive HPTs. Yesterday I went for a beta at 5dp5dt and it was 38 with my estrogen and progesterone within normal limits but progesterone still on the low side. I cannot even imagine how low my progesterone would have been on my previous dose of 1 ml IM daily. Obviously I know that it is SUPER early and that anything could happen and that this is FAR from a sure thing, I am 100 percent convinced that my failure of 8 PGS normal embryos was due to low progesterone and maybe not even due to endo/adeno as we thought. 
    I'm hoping my story can help you!!!  

Also Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to you all.  2020 has sucked for me personally but it looks like 2021 may have some hope.  Thank you to you all for your support. 
    TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @radmom27. thank you so much for sharing your story.  My numbers on labs were ok, but I think there is a difference with how receptive I was. I think I need higher progesterone numbers too.  Hopefully this is your time girl!

@mbradfo2 thanks for the reassurance!

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    Hope everyone had a fun and safe Christmas.
    @andreamm31 We actually didn't have the PGS testing hence why we want to complete the NIPT.  Hoping your embies arrive early January and you can have the transfer quickly.
    @radmom27 Congrats, when is the next beta?
  • Options
    @andreamm31
    @radmom27
    I'm not an RE, but I don't think you can really overdo it on the progesterone. I don't have progesterone issues typically; my RE just had me on  2 ml PIO daily (evening injection) and my first progesterone level at 12 dpt was around 42 ng/ml. I stayed on PIO full 12 weeks as well; I know many RE's drop it at 10 weeks. A cursory look at studies doesn't suggest any negative side effects of having too much progesterone (while having too little has obvious negative outcomes). 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    Hi everyone! I've been meaning to write and say hi to folks, as I know it can be a challenging time of year with IF. 
    This last week has been busy but also just kind of pukey so I haven't been up to doing much. 

@radmom27 WOOT!!! Excited to see you back here, I've been thinking about you and I'm so happy to hear your update. Great that you are tracking the progesterone numbers so closely -- it's such a key thing and I think a lot of miscarriages happen due to low progesterone. 

@andreamm31 GAH. So sorry that you are experiencing so much frustration. However, I think it's an excellent idea to follow your ERA protocol to the T for your next transfer and keep tracking your progesterone closely. As @mbradfo2 mentions, I think there is no downside to more progesterone (whelp, except for the constipation!). I really hope that 2021 can get off on the right foot for you. 2020 was dumpster fire in all ways -- you've been through a ton this year. Kudos to getting through it! Seriously, sometimes success is just putting one foot in front of the other. 

@mbradfo2 I'm glad to hear you found a psychiatrist that you feel safe, comfortable, and good about! I am also juggling antidepressants and pregnancy. Generally speaking, it's far better if mama is happy and stable during pregnancy, as depression can lead to low birth weight and other ill effects during pregnancy. 

@Imajin99 hiyeeee!!! So glad you get some time off, friend! When is your NIPT? I know that must be nerve wracking to come up on, along with general pregnancy nerves. I'm thinking of you <3<3<3

@JamieH2000 Thinking of you too, friend -- you've also been through a lot this year, and just sending you some hugs. 

@c-town18 how you feeling, girl???

I hope everyone had a lovely and safe holiday!

AFM
    Whelp, the gestational diabetes strikes again! I am good at controlling my daily glucose numbers (ahem, I did take Christmas off) but my fasting numbers (the ones I take when I first wake up) are too high. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about those numbers except take some insulin at night. The nurse was all worried and was like, are you okay with needles? And I was all GIRL YOU HAVE NO IDEA I GOT THIS!!! I have a more in depth growth scan on January 7th to see how big baby girl is getting. Depending on the GD and other factors, I will be induced somewhere between 37-39 weeks. Hoping to make it to 39 and keep her cooking! My sister delivered both her babies early, but she also had pre-eclampsia, so I'm hoping that I can just keep going as long as possible. 
  • Options
    @lmajin99 Next beta is tomorrow. I'm so so nervous.
    @lucyb1954 Ugh GD...when is your due date?  Do you have to take insulin every night? 

TTC since August 2014 
    Me: 41, Him: 43 

DX: Unexplained secondary infertility 

History:
    Multiple months of Clomid/Femara
    End of March 2015: BFP with Femara! Saw heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. M/C at 11 weeks
    Multiple more months of Femara
    IUI #1 with Femara and Follistem 75 units: BFN
    IUI #2 with Follistem 150 units: BFN
    Dec 2015: 1st IVF. 10 eggs retrieved with 8 eggs fertilized.  5 day transfer of two embryos with 2 frozen embies. BFN
    January 2016: FET #1 2 embryos: BFN
    March 2016: 2nd IVF cycle. 4 eggs retrieved with 2 fertilized. Quick two day transfer of both embryos: BFN
    April/May 2016 IVF #3. 11 eggs retrieved. 10 mature.  7 fertilized.  2 5AA blasts transferred 5/11/2016 BFN
    September 2016 IVF #4: 17 follicles growing, premature ovulation through Cetrotide. Retrieval cancelled. 
    April 2017 IVF #5: 9 follicles growing, 6 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of three blasts. BFN
    June 2017: IVF #6: 2 follicles growing, 5 eggs retrieved with 5 fertilized. Transfer of 5 3-day embryos. Chemical pregnancy. BFN
    Nov/Dec 2017: Donor egg cycle. 33 eggs retrieved, 26 mature. 26 fertilized. 
  • Options
    @lucyb1954 Thanks for the update and checking in; sent you a PM.
    @radmom27 Good-luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts :)
  • Options
    @lucyb1954. I can totally picture you saying that to the girl!  hahaha. Im sorry you still are having so much trouble...but like you said, not much more you can do.  I think upping your Lantus is probably the best step.  Hopefully baby stays nice and safe and cozy until 39 weeks.  

@radmom27 how did your beta go?

AFM
    I finally spoke with my RE doctor here in San Diego today.  I feel so much better!  First off, UFC has gotten all of the necessary documentation to my doctor today!  So they are getting closer to being able to get my embryos shipped.  Hopefully beginning of next week.  My RE wants me to do a few more tests that Ive already done just to make sure nothing has changed.  Like my ANA and TSH labs.  She decided even despite what these labs will show, that she wants me to do lovenox injections starting on the day after transfer till week 6.  Then I will also start prednisolone (steroid) for 2 weeks then go into my cycle with estrogen, continuing on with steroids until week 12.  I told her how my histamine is just so out of control.  Im constantly allergic and have exaggerated reactions all the time.  Im already on Pepcid and need to take allergy meds fairly regular, but she doesn't want me to be on the allergy meds every single day if I don't need to be. And then the steroid.  So basically its the histamine protocol.  I am happy she agreed immediately that this could be the culprit and she said back in the day, everyone got steroids during their transfers.  But they don't do that anymore, but she finds it helps some people.  She definetly only wants to transfer one embryo after the year I had.  So if my embryos come in next week and we start my prednisolone on that day, I will be ready to go beginning of February for a transfer.  Feeling better with the plan and secretly happy I have a few extra weeks before transfer.  I want to make sure I take good care of my mental, emotional, and physical health before this transfer after the past few weeks of pure chaos at work.  Im currently working 4 shifts a week for 4 weeks, which is 50 hours a week.  Im in my 3rd week.  So now I have time after Im done working all this overtime to rest up and take better care of myself.  

Happy New Years ladies.  Wishing us all a much better 2021!

hypothyroid
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    2/2020          CP
    History in Spoiler
  • Options
    @andreamm31 That sounds like a good plan and glad to see the Dr supports it.  Wow that is a really busy schedule at work and you are on your feet all day!  That is good that you will have a bit of a break before you cycle in February.  I am sure the month will go by quickly for you.  Wishing you a happy New Year!

Wishing all the ladies in this forum a happy new year and an amazing 2021! Thanks for all the continued support.
  • Options
    ladyp0tter Thanks for sharing the update, I have been thinking of you and so happy to hear the good news. Sticky vibes to you and happy new year :)
  • Options
    that's really great @ladyp0tter I have been thinking good thoughts for you; and sounds you're on a great path!

Happy new year to all of you ladies -- may 2021 give us what we are hoping for.
  • Options
    Congratulations @ladyp0tter

Wishing all of you a very happy New Year! ❤️
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @ladyp0tter
    -FX for you and your little one!!! Such a great way to end the year of dumpster fires!

AFM
    My sister and her girls left on Tuesday and I'm still upset over it. DH is looking for equivalent or promotion positions in the area and we've decided that once he gets one, we'll move up there, rent an apt, sell our house down here (showing it after we've already moved) and then build a new house just outside of the burbs with plenty of space for all of us. Our starter home, even with the renovations and addition, is starting to feel like a super tight squeeze. Praying that it works out for us and we're spending next Christmas in another state!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2