Infertility
Options

Low AMH Level

Re: Low AMH Level

• Options
    @lucyb1954 good that you have a protocol and decision. 10 twice a day for Lupron is quite typical. I didn’t ovulate through even 10 once a day - but we are all differènt! They need to keep monitoring you closely with scans and blood work already from after 2-3 days of stims.

As for the reduced chance of success, I suggest you ask her to qualify her statement. In general in the whole population the more rounds you do the less chance of success as those people with a high chance tend to get success in earlier rounds so you’re just left with the difficult cases after 3-4 rounds. So from a statistics point of view it’s not the number of rounds that reduces success but the cohort of patients you are left with. 
    But yes if your AMH is dropping, your AFC is dropping and your FSH is rising then you have less chance to respond to the meds and thus a lower chance of success. 
    Also every woman as they get older has a lower chance due to the % of your remaining eggs which are capable to make a healthy baby reduce. 
    On the other hand, for those of us without many eggs each time then in order to find the eg 1 out of 10 average that can make a normal baby might be egg number 1, number 2, number 10, 20 or 100 - which is actually why in DOR cases you see the highest chance of success with multiple banking rounds back to back to get as many eggs as possible to increase the chance of there being a normal one in there!
    I guess your RE just chose her words poorly or doesn’t understand statistics very well :-) 
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options

@lucyb1954 Looks like a good plan! I am surprised they said that you get less chance as when I had asked my RE said it does not make a difference to our egg reserve.

@emmasemm Glad things are going well, keep an eye on that blood pressure!  Thanks for the well wishes.  I feel a lot more relaxed this cycle because I have my plan B and doing this cycle until we figure out and get all our counselling appointments out of the way before DE.

@31magnolia Glad all is sorted out and you are ready to start your next cycle. As per the question on the lose does stims I had done letrozle day 3-7 and then added in 2 vials of Menopur. That cycle for me did not go so well as I didn't stimulate even one follicle.  This time around -not sure if it is really considered low dose cycle but I am not at max dose.  They started me straight with Menopur on day 3 with 3 vials a dose - which is half the max in Canada.  They introduced Orgalutron a few days ago.

AFM: As mentioned above I am doing a medium dose of Menopur cycle and am in cycle day 13 and started the Menopur on day 3.  This by far has been a better cycle.  I have three follicles and they are all growing however one is a tad bigger than the other and in the ultrasound it appears a bit more hazy and could be a cyst...should they not be able to be definite? I go in for a scan and bloodwork tomorrow and I guess then we will decided to proceed with IVF or IUI. This cycle was set up as an IUI but we can convert that over.  Will keep you all posted.

Happy almost Friday!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Imajin99 glad this cycle is going well for you! That's wonderful. I'm just hoping to get similar if not better results as I did with my IUI, which had similar dosing. We added omnitrope this time, 1/2 vial for 8 days. I'm ready to start! Just waiting for my cycle. 

@lucyb1954 those were very poor choice of words by your doctor. Try not to let them get you down. (hugs)

• Options
    Thank you @Imajin99 @emmasemm and @31magnolia. The doctor made it sound like the more rounds I do, the less chance that my body will respond. It did last time, unfortunately I just got that one large follie and the others couldn’t catch up. But the stats explanation makes sense. I suppose I also figured egg reserves go down every time so that would impact success. Any way your responses were all very helpful thanks for the ❤️  You ladies save my sanity!

@Imajin99 I’m really glad this cycle is going better. Having a plan B can do a lot to lighten the stress load. I’m rooting for you! Did your scan and E2 levels indicate whether that was a cyst or not?

@31magnolia oh man I know that feeling of waiting for my cycle! Anyway hope it arrives soon. Did you end up doing estrogen priming?
  • Options
    @lucyb1954 I called my doctor and she said she doesn't do the estrogen priming when using Letrozole. She said letrozole will act the same as estrogen.
  • Options
    @lucyb1954 So RE things it is a cyst because of the gray.  Decided to do the IUI over IVF, I need to save for the donor egg. My Estrogen is the highest its ever been so lets see.  I hope we made the right decision, it is so hard to say as we said okay if 3 or more will do the IVF and now it looks like just 2.
  • Options
    @Imajin99 (hugs) I’m finding out that you hardly ever know what’s the right decision. You just make  the best decision with the info at hand and hope for the best. Good luck! FX for you. 
  • Options
    @Imajin99 - Yup, what 31magnolia said.... you are making the best decision with the information you have right now, and that's all you can do here.  Sounds like a totally reasonable decision you made for what it's worth.  
  • Options
    @31magnolia & @c-town18 Thank-you, I have been second guessing myself all day.  IUI procedure went well.  Will hope for the best.  Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Options

@emmasemm being able to feel the baby must be amazing and reassuring! I hope the sinus infection has past! 

@31magnolia saving 5k and the  unlimited transfer contract sounds like a good deal! 

@lucyb1954 I’m sorry your appointment left you feeling kinda sad.  I can remember how those felt when they changed from feeling hopeful to just sorta sad:( i think your Dr. made a poor choice in words. I agree with what Emmasemm said about the statistics of success, honestly you never know and some cases just require more tries. 

@imajin99 I’m glad that having a plan B is making you feel more relaxed:)  I am crossing all the things that this IUI brings you your babe.  I’ve certainly seen it happen before!

AFM Just finished my busy season at work so glad that is in the past! I’m 13 weeks today.  Still feels totally wild. And still feel unsure about it all.  Which I could fast forward to feeling movement but I have already spent too many years wishing away time so I’ll curb that feeling. 

Me: Hashimoto Autoimune Disease
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    DOR - AMH  .27 High FSH (don't even know how high)
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 1 -3 made it do day 5!    2 5AA 1 6BB  PGS results =  all abnormal :(
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 5 - Canceled -  looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty
    IVF 6 - 3 mature, 2 fertalized 1 made it to day 5 and sent for PGS

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    FET#2 - PGS normal boy - BFN
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
    1st transfer - chemical pregnancy
    2nd transfer - success, May 17 2020 due date!
  • Options
    I got the OK to begin stims today. So I finally get to start. Seems like this time my left ovary is the one with all the follicles. Last time around it pretty much played dead until the end. 

@lucyb1954 - how are you doing?
  • Options
    Hiyeee @31magnolia thanks for checking in,  that’s so exciting you get to start stims! I’m pulling for you. It sounds like you have a good protocol outlined. Keep us posted 😀

I have to skip a cycle. My RE and I decided we didn’t want to run up against the deadline of the lab closing and feel that pressure for retrieval. It sucks to be benched but maybe it will be good for my body to chill. I’ll restart acupuncture next cycle but I just needed a break from all the things. Also I was in San Diego last week for a conference and a couple days of vacation and for some reason the app wasn’t letting me in so I’ve been out of the loop with everyone!

@Imajin99 best of everything in the TWW! I’m thinking about you ❤️ It’s always a tough wait for me, I’m with you in spirit. 

@hopefuljj it’s always fantastic to hear you chime in, when I don’t see people check in for a couple of days I get worried ❤️❤️❤️

@emmasemm how you feeling??? How’s your blood pressure? 

• Options
    Well dang! In the course of some regular testing I discovered I am borderline prediabetic with borderline high cholesterol! Surprise to me as I’m pretty active and eat pretty healthy with a normal BMI. Does anyone else have these issues? I wonder how they are impacting any fertility. Boo!
  • Options
    @lucyb1954 - dang! If it’s not one thing it’s the other! Maybe you’re not getting enough good fat? 
    AFM, I don’t know what it is, but this cycle feels very different for me. I feel like I’m going through the motions and am not expecting a lot. Not sure why I feel that way, unless that’s my subconscious trying to protect me. Today is stim day 5 for me, so first day of follistim. I have my first monitoring appointment tomorrow. Baseline showed 8 follicles (6 left and 2 right) all under 10mm. Last IVF cycle I only had 1 on the left and all the rest were on the right! 
  • Options
    @Imajin99 @lucyb1954 @emmasemm @hopefuljj and everyone else, I need some advise. So today was my first monitoring appointment and I already have one follicle at 22. The next closest ones are 12 and 11. The doctor said I could go forward with the ER or do an IUI or TI. And I just really don’t know what to do. Any thoughts are appreciated. 
  • Options
    @31magnolia which cycle day are you on? Sounds like the priming didn’t work if you’re still early... 
    Did they do a day 2/3 US? Was there already lead follicle then?
    Have they done a blood test today? Is the follicle definitely functional? Ie your estrogen level should have risen
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    @emmasemm I'm on CD8 (Day 6 of stims). We didn't do priming. I only did the letrozole starting on CD3. There was no lead follicle, on the day 3. Well they did see something, but they said it wasn't a follicle, it was a follicle that released an egg but hadn't shrunk or disappeared. I can't really remember and I'm sure I'm not stating it correctly. But all other follicles were under 10mm on CD3. I don't have my E2 numbers, they aren't yet posted on the site. But I'm assuming that it's functional. 
  • Options
    @31magnolia well either it will come back not functional again (either a cyst or a “bruise” from the corpus luteum from last month... or if you have endo an endometrioma...) if you’re estrogen levels are super low, or it will come back functional now and they misjudged at your baseline and actually should have not attempted ivf this cycle... 
    Did they test your estrogen at your baseline? If not, they really need to in future!

If it’s functional then depending on the cost difference I would go for TI or an IUI for just one dominant follicle. 

If it’s not functional you could keep on Stimming, but it might limit your response this cycle still a bit (takes and space and resources from that ovary) and you might end up abandoning anyhow. So personally I would stop in that case, test to see when you ovulate and then start priming before the next round to reduce the chance of a cyst or lead follicles. 

Sorry it was not the monitoring appointment you were hoping for.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F

• Options
    @emmasemm - thanks. I'll see what they come back with. 
  • Options
    @31magnolia upvote what @emmasemm said. I would convert to TI/IUI if it’s a true mature follicle because you know you can have a cycle where you get more evenly distributed follicle sizes (not that there are any guarantees). I did estrogen priming with my failed mini IVF so it seems like that could be your next further step. Did you do estrogen priming with your regular IVF cycle? I can’t remember. Your last cycle it was more even though. 

I’m so sorry. This is totally my last cycle and it sucks ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    Hi @31magnolia how you doing? Thinking about you ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    Thanks @emmasemm and @lucyb1954 - I went over my labs and all my previous IUIs and I think my body just over responded to the 7.5mg of Letrozole. Even my last IUI had follicle sizes 22, 20 and 17 the morning of day 10. This current cycle was 20 (I mistakenly thought it was 22), 12, 11. This cycle I started letrozole on CD3, but really I started my period 3 days before then. The thing is my clinic states that if your period starts after 11am, then CD1 is the next day and I started mine at 2pm. I'm wondering if that also messed me up, starting letrozole on what was truly CD4. 
    My estrogen level yesterday was at 69, which I believe is normal for only one follicle on letrozole. It matches my previous IUI cycles. The IUI with three mature follicles, my E2 was around 175. 
  • Options
    So I decided to go forward with the retrieval. There’s no guarantee that if I converted this cycle and started over that I would get more than one egg. We will freeze whatever comes from this cycle and do another cycle in January. @lucyb1954 we’ll be cycle buddies!
  • Options
    @31magnolia I’m sorry this cycle hasn’t turned out like you hoped but it sounds like you have a good plan in place and I’ll be happy to have a cycle buddy! I don’t know much about letrozole but it’s interesting that you respond so suddenly to it. Did you do HGH this cycle too? I’m thinking about asking my RE if I can do a longer priming with it, about a month. I don’t know if it will help but I’ve seen some good results with it online. @emmasemm do you know much about the longer priming with HGH? anyway @31magnolia ❤️ to you. 

And always thinking about the rest of you ladies! @hopefuljj @Imajin99 and @emmasemm Hope all of you are doing well ❤️

• Options
    @lucyb1954 - I did do HGH this cycle But just three times during stims. I’m also going to ask about priming longer with it. I’ve seen articles with it starting 6 weeks prior to stims and I think it was .33 a week. 
  • Options
    So I got two mature eggs!!! YAY!! I'm so happy right now. Just praying that they both fertilize and continue to grow, but I'm extremely happy. Thanks for the positive thoughts! :)
  • Options
    @31magnolia woottttt!!! Fantastic! Sending good vibes for them to fertilize and grow strong!
  • Options
    @31magnolia!!!  Ahh!! I missed all the action! Congrats on 2 mature!!! Hoping they fertilize and grow grow grow!   
    I’m sorry I missed it all, I’m heading out of town for my best friend of 35 years (since we were 3!) wedding and things have been crazy getting ready to go and dealing with some work stuff that came up!

@lucyb1954 I’m very sorry about the recent medical news:-/. What the heck????  Have you discussed with a doctor yet if there are any recommendations!??  Ugh, medical stuff is so stressful! I’m very sorry:(
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 
    IVF 2 - stimmed for 19 days. insanity. Had 5 follicles that looked mature but only 2 contained mature eggs the others were empty.  Nothing made it to day 5
    IVF 3 - added in HGH - 4 mature follicles (had some empties again) 3 made it to day 5/6 for PGS (held for testing with next retrieval
    IVF 4 - Upped my dosage for the first time - Canceled 11 days into sims - looked like 1 follicle and we were afraid it was empty

Sent in IVF round 3 and 6 (4 embryos) for PGS testing and got 2 normal embryos!!!  1Boy and 1Girl. Took a little over a year to get those two embryos so demanded all sorts of test prior to attempting transfer. Did EFT, ERA and NK Cells testing.

FET#1 - Intralipid drips, Prednisone, and did a depot lupron shot before starting the FET protocol
    Chemical pregnancy
    Natural pregnancy - cycle following the FET2????   Miscarriage at 8 weeks.  viability scan had shown an enlarged yolk sac so I had been warned that it was likely not chromosonally normal :(

DEIVF cycle - picked a donor who is willing to be open! Her cycle resulted in in 4 PGS Normal embryos
  • Options
    Thinking of u girls and sending some positive vibes your way! I’m sorry for the girls who haven’t had the best cycles, the process is frustrating but u will get there!!

@31magnolia very promising! Sending extra miracle grown ur way!!

@lucyb1954 I’m so sorry! Just cause u may have a lower chance doesn’t mean you don’t have a chance, hang in there!

@hopefuljj how r u feeling? Sounds like you have a very exciting weekend ahead! Have a wonderful time! I’m sure you’ll be extra exhausted!!

@Imajin99 sending extra baby dust ur way! Hope ur tww is going well! 

@emmasemm <3<3<3
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• Options
    Awww hiyeee @Hopeful_mom and @hopefuljj good to see y’all back! Glad you’re doing well @hopefuljj give us an update when you get back, I wanna know when your lil bean starts kicking!

Thank you all for the good wishes, we’re going to try one more time before calling it quits on OE. But I have the holidays off which is sort of frustrating as I just want to get started and kind of nice just to let my body do whatever the eff it wants and not worry if my hormones are doing what they should be or not. 

@31magnolia 😊😊😊 I’m so excited for you! Sending those lil embryos strong vibes❤️
  • Options
    31magnolia OMG YES keep us posted!  

lucyb1954  Ugh, yup the delays over the holidays are rough.  I hope you can stay busy and the time goes quickly for you. 
  • Options
    @31magnolia yay for both fertilizing!!!  That’s fantastic!  Hope the good news keeps rolling in!
    @lucyb1954 I hope you enjoy the holidays! It’s so hard when you are torn between a well needed brake from forcing your body to do things but also just want to keep things moving! I know the feeling so so well.  

AFM I think that maaaaaaaybe every once in a while I feel something that could be baby girl but I don’t actually know. during my 12 week ultrasound she was flipping from side to side and kicking and punching so I know she’s active.  I have an appointment Friday with my doctor but I also decided I need to go in for a scan tomorrow cuz I’m feeling a lot of anxiety. My doctor was happy to accommodate.  I told my dad, he was beyond thrilled...I’m feeling really nervous about telling DH’s family. But he wants to so I guess it’s happening on Thanksgiving.  I’ll be close to 16 weeks.  So hoping the scan tomorrow shows things are ok and still progressing.  I just got back from my best friend of 35 years wedding:) I was the maid of honor.  The best mans wife has a due date one day past mine. It was so weird to see a normal pregnant person like talking about it publicly and stuff and just acting normal, while I’m over her still trying to hide it from everyone cuz I still think it might go bad.  Infertility..what a thing it is. 
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• Options
    Just a quick update, baby girl is looking good! I do have a complete placenta previa at the moment.  Ooof.  But I’m not going to complain. Hoping it migrates and if it doesn’t...well one step at a time I guess:)
    Homozygous MTHFR Cr677
    2 iui's to start - BFN 

Chemical pregnancy

• Options
    Yayyyy so glad to hear it. And very happy your doc is good about letting you come in for scans. PTSD is so real in this journey!
  • Options
    Thanks @c-town18 @hopefuljj @lucyb1954 @Hopeful_mom
    AFM, so one of the embryos stopped at a 2 cell. But I did get the call this morning that my other embryo is still growing slowly. Today is day 5, and it's at the morula stage. My last IVF my one and only embryo was also at the morula stage and we did a fresh transfer with it anyway. This time we're going to let it go to blast (FX) and then freeze. So now I'm waiting for a call on Thanksgiving. I will say for the next IVF, if I have more than two embryos, I'm going to fresh transfer one on Day 3 and then let the others grow to blast. But if I have only have two embryos total, I'm probably going to fresh transfer one on day 3 and freeze the other on day 3. This waiting until day 5/blast is for the birds. It's so freaking stressful. 

@hopefuljj how exciting! Not the placenta part but everything else. :)

@lucyb1954 - did you ask your RE about the HGH priming?
  • Options
    @mum1love - hi! I don't have any tips. I honestly had never heard of ovarian rejuvenation before. I had to google it. Very interesting!
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving for those in the U.S.! @31magnolia I hope you get a good report today! I’m sorry the other one didn’t make it but hopefully this one is a strong bugger 😀

I haven’t talked to my RE yet about the long dose HGH priming, I have an appointment with her next Thursday I think. I’ll let  you know what she says. 

@mum1love I’m sorry I don’t know anything about ovarian rejuvenation. My RE wouldn’t do it I’m sure until it had a clinical basis. Welcome to the group though! 
  • Options
    @hopefuljj so glad babe is doing well!!! Did I miss the pink post  :):# so exciting! Ur lil niece must be so excited!!! So happy for u!!

@31magnolia a day 3 transfer is a good plan, some embryos just grow better inside! 

Happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate!!!
    History of TTC in spoiler box
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained Infertility - but I am 40...Low AMH .30
    7 - IUI (50mg-150mg Clomid) Feb - August 2016 all BFN 
    IVF#1 August 2016 (Antagonist protocol 4/5 eggs) Cancelled cycle :( RE thought I would get at least 10.
    IVF#2 Sept 2016 (microdose luporn pro - disappearing follies, ONLY ONE, convert to IUI) BFN
    IVF#3 November 2016 (4 ER, 3 F,  3DT)-BFP  with TWINS // MC both at almost 10wks  :'( 
    IVF#4 March 2017 //EPP  (10 ER (1 wonky so 9 ER) 7F, 3B (5AB, (2)5BB) PGS tested- ALL abnormal  :'( 
    IVF#5 April 2017 // EPP (7 ER, 7F yes! 6B) 2/5 day 4/6 day - 2 PGS normal! yes!! :)
    IVF#6 May 2017 // Antagonist didn't have time for Estrogen Priming...(4 ER, 3 F, 3B) (5AB, (2) 5BB) 2 PGS normal, yes!! :)
    IVF#7 June 2017 // EPP praying this is it and then on to an FET!

• Options
    Thanks everyone. My one didn’t make it to blast.  Definitely going with the day 3 plan next time. I meet with my RE Tuesday, hopefully she doesn’t have any objections to it. I’m also looking to get details from the embryology report. 

@lucyb1954 looks like we’ll definitely be cycle buddies in January.  :)