May 2016 Moms

What is one thing that you are doing even though your not suppose to do it now that your pregnant?

skiingstarkskiingstark member
edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
What is one thing that you are doing even though your not suppose to do it now that your pregnant?

I am curious to see what people just cannot give up.

Me for example, I still eat cold sandwiches, it is my lunch at school. The risk for listeria I feel is higher on my vegs and fruit then on my turkey slices. I am not giving it up, it is to easy to pack and I have no microwave but I have a frig in my classroom.

So how are you cheating?

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks

Re: What is one thing that you are doing even though your not suppose to do it now that your pregnant?

• Last week DH and I went out for sushi. For the most part I did good and only had vegetable or cooked rolls, but I ate two pieces of his tuna roll too. I'm eager to talk with my Dr. in 2 weeks. I'm hoping he's supportive of at least a once a month sushi binge. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm generally more laid back this time around. Second kid and all that. The only current thing I can think of is that I'm totally planning on changing the litter box myself later today as DH just plain won't have time with his work schedule and we have company coming tomorrow.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I've had sushi twice. Of course... now, I can't even say the word sushi without gagging.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Slightly runny egg yolks on a medium burger. Oh, man, it was delicious!

Oh, and definitely the heavy lifting! Both a toddler at home and giant boxes of supplies at work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still using my ProActiv face wash and toner once daily, and the treatment lotion only a few times a week. I used it my entire pregnancy last time because my doctor said anything over the counter with benzoyl peroxide around a 2.5-5% concentration is safe to use.....so I plan to keep using it this time around as well. I've tried a variety of products over the years, including tea tree oil which made things 10X worse, but this is the only thing that works for me, and prevents the painfully large cystic acne on my face.
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• I'm generally more laid back this time around. Second kid and all that. The only current thing I can think of is that I'm totally planning on changing the litter box myself later today as DH just plain won't have time with his work schedule and we have company coming tomorrow.
    I've been changing the litterbox about every other day. My cats are both indoor cats, so I think I should be OK. I will ask my doctor about it when I go on October 2nd but I'm not too worried about it. My hands don't touch the litter or the poop and I always wash my hands afterwards.
  • CUtiger09 said:
    I'm generally more laid back this time around. Second kid and all that. The only current thing I can think of is that I'm totally planning on changing the litter box myself later today as DH just plain won't have time with his work schedule and we have company coming tomorrow.
    I've been changing the litterbox about every other day. My cats are both indoor cats, so I think I should be OK. I will ask my doctor about it when I go on October 2nd but I'm not too worried about it. My hands don't touch the litter or the poop and I always wash my hands afterwards.

One of my cats does go outside. I'll just wear gloves. I'm honestly not very concerned about it at all and it needs to get done. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• As long as you heat up soft cheese and deli meet you should be fine. I cook spinach with feta until the fetta melts away. Hotdogs are cooked in boiling tomato and onion stew. Ham fried up with onion and peppers to add to potato bake or pasta. As long as it is heated enough to zap the bacteria you are safe. When I get to craving biltong I will have hubby make a biltong pot. This is true South African food if it sounds odd. Pizza with feta is cool too. Maybe vegetarian or cooked fish sushi. I swear there are ways around it.
  • - picking up my 25lb kid
    - I ate cold lunch meat last week, but I don't plan on making it a regular thing.
    - I also sipped a tiny bit of sangria when my MIL asked if I wanted to try hers.
  • I pick up my 3 year old still and drink diet coke. 
    After 3 losses,our rainbow baby is finally here! DD May 2012, #2 May 2016
  • I'm taking warm baths. I had always read that you shouldn't take a bath because it'll "cook the baby" but it's the only thing that calms my achy body in the evening. It's such a treat too cuz I don't usually take baths because of my sensitive skin!
  • CUtiger09 said:
    I'm generally more laid back this time around. Second kid and all that. The only current thing I can think of is that I'm totally planning on changing the litter box myself later today as DH just plain won't have time with his work schedule and we have company coming tomorrow.

One of my cats does go outside. I'll just wear gloves. I'm honestly not very concerned about it at all and it needs to get done. :)
    I might get some gloves just to be on the safe side, but if I had to depend on my husband to do it, it would never get done. He is working on some house projects and honestly, it takes me like 10 seconds to clean out the litterbox so I might as well just do it.
  • kbrands7 said:

Lifting over 25 lbs I guess? I'm not going to stop picking up my toddler unless I absolutely have to for some reason.

Same here!! I feel guilty to not hold her when she is begging me! I know these days of holding her will eventually end!
  • rachelw849rachelw849 member
    edited September 2015
    I change the cat litter all the Time DH isnt home enough to do it. I just wear gloves.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I don't think this is something I'm "not supposed" to do, although some people might categorize it as such. But I drink a cup of coffee every morning. I cut back from 12 ounces of coffee to 8 ounces. I miss those extra four ounces, though. (I once used to drink about 24 ounces of coffee and managed to get down to half that. I'm kind of an anxious person, so limiting the caffeine is probably good for me.)

On the lifting--are we not supposed to lift? I weight lift way more than 25 pounds! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• @mcvgal @vinerie The way my OB explained it was that, if you must lift, lift carefully with good breathing and with your legs. Strained lifting can temporarily deprive the baby of blood oxygen. We're also more vulnerable to sprains and other injuries while pregnant because of progesterone and relaxin.
  • NOLA520 said:

I had slightly dippy eggs one morning, only because I thought the yolk was cooked through and I was in much too much of a hurry to throw them back in the pan when I realized they weren't. 

They were DELICIOUS. 
    Runny yolks are chuck full of essential vitamins! Don't stop eating them!
  • I've definitely been lifting my >25 lb DS and had some runny eggs a week ago. I'll be even less strict 2nd and 3rd trimesters, including an occasional glass of wine.

• oandmplus1oandmplus1 member
    edited September 2015
    mcvgal said:
    I feel so silly, because I had no idea you weren't supposed to lift over 25 lbs. I assumed it was like exercise, if you were doing it before you can continue doing it.
    My previous pregnancy my OB told me that usually moms with Toddlers still lift their kids. She said it was like exercise, if it is something your body is used to, it shouldn't be a big deal.  I plan to lift my two and four year olds still.
  • It's more so a mask everyone should be wearing. It's the stuff you breath in that isn't good. But both for sure. Gloves and a mask. My last pregnancy, my DH did it bc he just knew I couldn't. But once I wore both bc I had to.
  • I'm currently drinking a diet coke. I haven't been able to keep anything down, so a little caffeine is the least of my worries right now. 
  • mcvgal said:
    I feel so silly, because I had no idea you weren't supposed to lift over 25 lbs. I assumed it was like exercise, if you were doing it before you can continue doing it.
    My previous pregnancy my OB told me that usually moms with Toddlers still lift their kids. She said it was like exercise, if it is something your body is used to, it shouldn't be a big deal.  I plan to lift my two and four year olds still.

That's what I vaguely remembered too. I still plan to lift my 1 and almost 4 year old as well.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Hot baths / hot showers won't hurt the baby. Its a precaution because it could dehydrate the mother. You just need to know your limits and get out well before you feel overheated.
  • I have a few turkey sandwiches and some iced passion tea from starbucks (heard this was a no-no because on the licorice root and hibiscus).