June 2015 Moms

Daytime sucks!

1235»

Re: Daytime sucks!

• I just had to hold LO through my entire yearly Ob Appointment because she was crying. That was fun during my pap.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I just had to hold LO through my entire yearly Ob Appointment because she was crying. That was fun during my pap.

I had to rock the stroller next to me during my pap! That's kind of hilarious that you had to hold her. I'm sorry!
  • Loading the player...
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited September 2015
    Just a today sucks in general.... Today, the 15th of September, is the 1st anniversary of Fun's death. I miss her a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited September 2015
    @mellymar so sorry girl. Sending you hugs. A picture of our pitt bull who passed away a year ago in June popped up on my fb feed yesterday as one of those "share your memories" things. Broke my heart. I know how you feel. Wishing you an easy day.
  • its only 9am and today already sucks. after telling my sister LO sleeps pretty well at night with a couple feeds at 12 and then 4, he decides to wake up every hour. im exhausted, my boobs feel empty so i dont even know how much he is getting i just know he is nursing for longer than normal. im just so grouchy today and regular LO things are super frustrating.

• Just cried at my lactation group. And cried all the way home. LO won't eat, screams, won't nap. I didn't think it was possible but my clogged duct that resolved from this weekend is back, just as the one at 9 o'clock is resolving. This ones deep, right under the are areola which makes it nearly impossible to resolve. Just spending the day in tears.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • So sorry @dancegurl1118 :( I've had those days as well! Hopefully you found support at the lactation group. I applaud you for getting yourself and LO up and out the door to attend with having so much already going on. I also read your post earlier in the thread asking about the crib, there is 'bumpers', that probably shouldn't even be called bumpers, because it's a style of breathable fabric, looking more like netting that wraps around the bottom of a crib. I think it's more for preventing little fingers and toes from pushing through the bars rather than providing a cushion as bumpers typically do. I'll see if I can find it again online and share the link if I do.
    Also, It will be in my T&P's that you and your LO are feeling better soon! Hopefully a long relaxing bath and a good night sleep are in the near future.
  • So sorry @dancegurl1118 . I agree kudos to making it to the group. Crying is a great way to release the tension
  • I'm sorry guys @mellymar and @dancegurl1118 hoping for a lift in your moods ! Internet hugs
  • @mellymar and @dancegurl1118 I'm sorry too!

I've been hobbling around in my boot and wheeling LO around in the stroller to get from point A to B. If it's only a few steps I'll carry him. My father in law (DH's step dad) came over. It was a nice gesture but pointless because he's clueless about babies. DH is an only child and was 3 when his step dad entered the picture. I just told him he could go on home. He did and now I want to cry. I'm now a SAHM. LO and I used to get out everyday...even if it was just to a park or to walk the mall. I'm so worried I'm going to be so isolated now since I fractured my driving foot. Trying to be positive but this sucks!
  • @amccoy129 ugh I'm so sorry about your foot. Having a baby is already pretty isolating but literally not being able to walk much sounds so tough. Hang in there!!
  • mellymar said:

@slr1229 yup. I've been increasing frequency of feedings too.

And - to top it off - DH just informed me that our beverage fridge (the one that holds our craft beer supply) has just died. By some creative rearrangement in our kitchen fridge we were able to move most of our beer into that fridge, but the beer fridge was *actually the better fridge*. Now I'm going to have to call someone to fix it. We have a home warranty thing that covers appliances in the house so I should only have to pay $75, but all the same...ugh

amccoy129 said:

@mellymar and @dancegurl1118 I'm sorry too!

I've been hobbling around in my boot and wheeling LO around in the stroller to get from point A to B. If it's only a few steps I'll carry him. My father in law (DH's step dad) came over. It was a nice gesture but pointless because he's clueless about babies. DH is an only child and was 3 when his step dad entered the picture. I just told him he could go on home. He did and now I want to cry. I'm now a SAHM. LO and I used to get out everyday...even if it was just to a park or to walk the mall. I'm so worried I'm going to be so isolated now since I fractured my driving foot. Trying to be positive but this sucks!

Keep talking to people, see if you can arrange some visits, maybe even consider taking a cab or something every now and then, just to get out. Don't let yourself get too down, or if you do, make sure you tell DH and keep an eye on it. It's a stressful time!

Maybe you can do the "one productive thing, one relaxing thing, one fun thing" each day around the house, til you're healed? Something to keep you going?

Anyway, just sending you big hugs. I'm so sorry you're in this situation, but am so glad it's fairly temporary.
  • @amccoy129 I am so sorry you are going through this. I am thinking super good thoughts for you and a hoping you have a speedy recovery.
  • So after my super crappy morning, we went to breakfast, which at least was tasty. But then we got home and reality set in, stuff needed to be done. So I used my only large stretch of 'free' time to go grocery shopping and when I came back ended up putting away all the groceries by myself (DH sat on the couch and played Xbox). By the time the grocery stuff was all done it was almost time to feed LO again. So I fed LO and while that was going on, decided that I was going to have a positive SOMETHING this day, damnit. And I had a eureka moment - I could grab my suit and go swimming, and then afterwards USE THE JACUZZI!!! The fabled jacuzzi that had been banished by my OB during pregnancy. I could lean back in that hot water and soak, let the jets massage my back and shoulders, help relax my almost chronic headache away. With joy and purpose I left LO with DH and a bottle and drove off.

Only to arrive and find that the entire swimming area had closed 45 minutes prior (and a whole 4 hours early), because of a swim meet.

I turned tail and went home and cried.
  • mellymar said:

So after my super crappy morning, we went to breakfast, which at least was tasty. But then we got home and reality set in, stuff needed to be done. So I used my only large stretch of 'free' time to go grocery shopping and when I came back ended up putting away all the groceries by myself (DH sat on the couch and played Xbox). By the time the grocery stuff was all done it was almost time to feed LO again. So I fed LO and while that was going on, decided that I was going to have a positive SOMETHING this day, damnit. And I had a eureka moment - I could grab my suit and go swimming, and then afterwards USE THE JACUZZI!!! The fabled jacuzzi that had been banished by my OB during pregnancy. I could lean back in that hot water and soak, let the jets massage my back and shoulders, help relax my almost chronic headache away. With joy and purpose I left LO with DH and a bottle and drove off.

Only to arrive and find that the entire swimming area had closed 45 minutes prior (and a whole 4 hours early), because of a swim meet.

I turned tail and went home and cried.

Noooooo!!! Omg SUCKS!!!
  • I would've gone NUTS and cried and probably yelled irrationally at the front desk staff.

I wanted to but the pool area being closed was the last straw. I was broken. You can't fight fate, and it was/is my fate to have a shitty day today. There is nothing to do but wait for tomorrow, now
  • @mellymar hope today is better

@amccoy129 I almost went crazy when mine was messed up, I stayed with my parents and couldn't stand having to rely on them so much. I made my mom let me peel potatoes while I sat in the recliner.
  • This girl is all jacked up today. I've never heard her scream like this. Snacking, won't sleep...gahhhhhh Maybe she's trying to make my return to work easier.
  • Did anyone's kiddos sleep a lot during the day close to 12 weeks? Past two days she's skipped a feeding because she's been asleep. I won't wake a sleeping baby...
  • slr1229 said:

Did anyone's kiddos sleep a lot during the day close to 12 weeks? Past two days she's skipped a feeding because she's been asleep. I won't wake a sleeping baby...

I don't remember at what age, but mine has done this on at least two occasions. Other ladies have reported something similar, and it's usually chalked up to a growth spurt.
  • slr1229 said:

Did anyone's kiddos sleep a lot during the day close to 12 weeks? Past two days she's skipped a feeding because she's been asleep. I won't wake a sleeping baby...

He does this sometimes. He slept past a normal eating routine time last week by almost 2 hours. I can't really determine what's going on when this happens, especially since he has started making some changes to his routine the past 2 or so weeks (longer awake times, shorter naps with an occasional really long one thrown in to keep me guessing, crankier before naps...). I don't worry when this happens as long as he seems normal otherwise. Also, both of ours just finished that leap, must be exhausting having your brain grow and learn all that new stuff
  • @mellymar For sure. I don't mind it during the day, just pray it doesn't mess up night time- I hate bedtime!
  • Day 2 of leap 4...that is all :((
  • @KarasTwin DH thinks it's ridiculous that I'm being so dramatic, but I hate it! It's driving me nuts! Luckily it doesn't hurt to walk in the boot and I can walk with LO safely, but I can't stand for a long period of time at all.
  • Just cried at my lactation group. And cried all the way home. LO won't eat, screams, won't nap. I didn't think it was possible but my clogged duct that resolved from this weekend is back, just as the one at 9 o'clock is resolving. This ones deep, right under the are areola which makes it nearly impossible to resolve. Just spending the day in tears.

@dancegurl1118 I tried all of your suggestions regarding clogged ducts and I truly think they helped but I also googled and came across many posters doing gravity feeding/pumping.

Though awkward I tried gravity pumping and immediately started to see results with the clog - have you tried this?

Also the other thing I found was a "bleb" white blockage covering the opening in the nipple. I sterilized a needle and broke the bleb (as per what others had done) and was able to drain away the rest.

Hoping maybe there are things you haven't heard of and will work since your advice helped me!