June 2015 Moms

Feeding your LO...tips, concerns, complaints, and accomplishments! 8/3-8/9

12345679»

Re: Feeding your LO...tips, concerns, complaints, and accomplishments! 8/3-8/9

• jesshrou said:

So several weeks ago my LO was having reflux symptoms very soon after I started enfamil vitamin D drops. After a week I took him in to the ped and he was started on Zantac and stopped the vit d drops. His symptoms improved within a couple days so I stopped the Zantac without problems. Yesterday I gave him 1 dose of vitamin D and all those symptoms came back within hours! Something to think about for these babies with all these reflux symptoms if you happen to be giving enfamil vit D drops.

Our LO definitely spits up much more after taking these. If I try them within 2hrs of a feed, he will usually end up spitting up what looks like eeeeverything he ate. We haven't been giving them often because of this. Pedi is ok with it. We may try putting it in his bottle once he is taking them more regularly (at daycare)
  • AlyLynn07 said:

jesshrou said:

So several weeks ago my LO was having reflux symptoms very soon after I started enfamil vitamin D drops. After a week I took him in to the ped and he was started on Zantac and stopped the vit d drops. His symptoms improved within a couple days so I stopped the Zantac without problems. Yesterday I gave him 1 dose of vitamin D and all those symptoms came back within hours! Something to think about for these babies with all these reflux symptoms if you happen to be giving enfamil vit D drops.

Our LO definitely spits up much more after taking these. If I try them within 2hrs of a feed, he will usually end up spitting up what looks like eeeeverything he ate. We haven't been giving them often because of this. Pedi is ok with it. We may try putting it in his bottle once he is taking them more regularly (at daycare)
    I got a three month supply of dissolvable pills in Germany that I'm still using. In the beginning I wondered if it was linked to his spitting up but that passed quickly. I'm not sure if the pills are available here (they're tiny and you put it into baby's cheek and it dissolves within the first few sucks - super easy and LO doesn't seemed too bothered)...
    Anyway, good to know re: the drops, so I'll have the heads up for when his pills run out. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • The drops cause extreme fussiness, crying after every feed with frantic rooting and wanting to nurse non stop for mine and tons of spit up. hate that I tried them again but now I know.
  • We are using bio Gaia probiotics drops with vit d at the recommendation of our ped. We've had good results. Maybe, for those having trouble with other vit d drops, ask your ped about these. I've also tag that probiotics can help the acid reflux
  • Sorry to post in this old thread, but I wanted to give my recommendation on vitamin d drops. I bought the zarbee's natural vitamin d drops, and they actually have a pleasant taste. They are all natural and have coconut oil in addition to the vitamin d. LO actually enjoys taking them daily.
  • Sjeff0816 said:

We've been struggling to get LO to take a bottle for weeks and I've posted about it here before. I know others are having the same problem. I just bought a MAM trainer Sippy cup. It comes with the soft Sippy spout and a faster flow nipple. So far, LO really likes the spout. I think it's because it's so different from the nipple. It's more fun for her and it's not just another bottle being shoved at her. She also likes to "hold" it (she's 10 weeks and sort of lightly grips it with her hands). Just thought I'd pass along for other desperate, bottle-pushing mamas to try! :)>-

I have this problem also. Yesterday though he took 3 ounces from a tommee tippee bottle! I am hoping he does it again today. Fingers crossed. I will definitely keep this in mind if we are still having problems! Thanks for the tip!
  • @AlwaysSunny1012. I also have this problem and been trying to work with her in the next two weeks before going back to work. Did you give her the bottle or did you have your husband or

@/Sjeff0816 Yahoo!! How have you worked up to this? Did you fed the bottles?

Thanks in advance!! Glad I am not alone!
  • @AMNDCHR2 We're still working up to a full bottle. For now, I'm just offering her a little milk while she's in her swing or bouncer. I just sort of let her chew the spout, and then tip it up occasionally to get a drink. She puts her hands on it and tries to bring it to her mouth. It's a slow process, but we do it a couple times a day to get her used to it. Worth trying :)
  • I had my mom do it. She sat in the same place on the couch I typically nurse him (however she had also tried this before and he just flat out refused). Hoping it is not a fluke!
  • @hoodoll82 those are really interesting and helpful numbers, especially the weight divided by two in a single feeding one. I haven't had my LO weighed except the old, weigh myself, weigh myself with him, take the difference method, and my scale cost me $10, BUT it suggests his weight is between 12 and 13lbs, so the 5-6 oz in a feeding is just about what he would take! I feel better about that part. 

He is already on the rice cereal formula, but maybe there is a different kind that would fill him up a little better. Thanks again for the info, super helpful!

Also, I tried to do a slow flow nipple to see if that was causing him to eat more (he just went up to the 1m+ aventi nipple) and it wasnt. He has started to spit up a bit more, so I am def. looking forward to the docs on Friday!