June 2015 Moms

DH/SO rants and raves 7/20-7/26

124»

Re: DH/SO rants and raves 7/20-7/26

• Funnily enough it's the other way round with us. DH wakes up with every little noise LO makes - it's why we had to move him to the nursery when DH went back to work. Whereas I'm more able to sleep through the small noises.
  • DH is at his dad's helping with house remodel while our house is a mess... Why can't he just say no when asked?? I'm supposed to be catching up from my week on duty 24/7
  • Loading the player...
  • rrcameron21rrcameron21 member
    edited August 2015
  • @mellymar I'd be so excited if I was you!!!! At least this night is looking up for you ;)
  • JessHeppellJessHeppell member
    edited August 2015
    last night DH came home angry and upset that i dont do "anything" around the apartment. (which yesterday i had worked on doing some dishes BEFORE i had gotten myself food)
    this morning i had to basically ask him to take the baby for a bit so i could get stuff together so i could go hang out at my parents/sister's place. then while he was dealing with LO he commented saying "he sure is fussy today" meanwhile earlier was actually only 1/3 of how fussy he usually is. then when he calmed down he said "see? it isnt so hard" he also commented when LO was about to sleep saying "look babe i calmed him down" and got angry when i said he usually gets like that after a while.

after getting ready and im about to leave with him LO starts making noises. DH says "oh buddy, go easy on her. she doesnt have as much patience as other people" that honestly hurt. if i wasnt about to leave i would have walked away and started crying. apparently he didnt mean for it to come out like that.. but with how he was last night and before that.. i feel like he did mean it.

ETA: not sure if he is being an ass because he is horny and im not doing anything for him in that regard. (like sorry i had a baby 26 days ago, i cant take my bra off without getting milk everywhere and just feel generally like shit about myself.)
  • @JessHeppell the taking your bra off and getting milk everywhere doesn't seem to get better. Squirted DH from across the room when he tried to get intimate and laughed myself into a coughing fit. No sex here.

Half rave? DH keeps asking to hold LO our just straight up taking him from me during the day. It's really sweet that he wants to spend time with him but when he takes him he follows it with, "Now you can clean/paint/unpack". Can I nap? Can that be an option...
  • I feel like I never have to write a rant, but here is my first one. My husband and I usually trade off who does the dream feed right before bed and the middle of the night feed. I always take the 7am feed since he usually has left before she wakes up. Today he has to wake up at 3am for work, so I'm doing all the feedings before bed, the middle of the night, and the morning feeds.

LO starts crying at 2:30 for food. I wake up and start getting the bottle ready. I come upstairs and DH is standing over her crib trying to soothe her. As soon as I get there he says good night again. Why can't you just give her this bottle? You're going to be up in a half hour anyway. It's not like you're going to get any rest before you have to get up again. But nope, he is asleep for the next half hour while I give her her bottle.

Oh, and he's probably just going to wake her again while he's getting ready so I'll have to get up again soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• gc8luve said:

It makes me really sad that he portrays himself to others as this wonderful, thoughtful, considerate being.... Where is this mythical unicorn of DH of mine? Cause i sure don't see it!

Don't get me wrong SO can be a fantastic dad, but ever now and then I have to think your not as great as you make yourself out to be. I think this is what upsets me the most as well.

You don't see all us mommas bragging about how good we are!!!