June 2015 Moms
Options

DH/SO rants and raves 7/20-7/26

It's that time for a new thread. What have they done that is just super? What have they done to piss you off?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH/SO rants and raves 7/20-7/26

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank god DH has five children. He knows exactly what to do and is so hands on. Bad thing is...he thinks he knows it all. Pfft.
  • Options
    DH is driving me crazy these last few days. Maybe I got spoiled with him taking a baby shift so I could sleep some and being really supportive and just all around nice... I don't know. This week has been the total opposite side. I feel so drained because it's just been me with LO. DH leaves us at home to go run some errand all day, comes home, watch LO long enough for me to pee, and goes to sleep. I don't think I've ever felt so tired, emotionally and physically.
  • Options
    So DH had a rough day at work & came home upset. I made his favorite dinner & (frozen) apple pie & ice cream (didn't want y'all to think I was some fancy-smancy cooking lady). While it was finishing, I asked if he wanted to hold LO while she was awake (I always have to ask). He does, but plays on his phone. He says he doesn't know what to do with her this young. So later I ask him to change her & do night routine (their thing) while I shower. She is screaming when I get out & I feel bad cause that can't help this situation. I take her and feed her. He then takes her back to snuggle. She spits up & gets upset, so I take her again. Come to find out she's hungry again, so I'm in the bed feeding her. He come in to go to bed & brings me my things & props a pillow up for me (which was sweet).
    I know most men feel strange at the point with a baby so young, but I feel bad when I know how to comfort her & get the smiles & interactions from being home all day & he doesn't bc he doesn't take the time.
    Anyone have any advice for breaching this subject or should I just let it be? I know when she can interact more he'll be great & more involved, so I'm not worried he'll end up being detached.
  • Options
    DH had been great but now he is just pissing me off!

LO got his 2 month shots yesterday and had been fussy and had a slightly elevated temperature. He is doing better but we were going to take turns staying up too monitor him.He preferred that I hold LO all night because I am "so good at comforting him" when he had mentioned earlier that he would do shifts with me. It was his flipping idea! Then he was disappointed when I wouldn't stay in the bedroom holding him because I felt I would be able to stay awake more easily in a chair and did not feel safe in the bed if I did fall asleep. And DH is sleeping in there anyway so it's not like we are going to talk or do anything! He also knew that I was going to run into work in the morning to check on a student. He mentioned last night that he didn't want me going in. Dude, it's an hour, maybe 2, totally manageable. And I need to get this done so it is not hanging over my head when I return from maternity leave. He's getting to the point where he can't handle when LO is fussy and passes him off to me when he isn't happy. As an educator he should know that he will never be able to comfort little one if he keeps passing him off every time he is fussy. He needs to figure out what he can do to comfort him because I can't stay home all the time and he also needs to form a relationship with LO where he is there in the bad and good times.

I think I may sit down with him tomorrow after I am properly caffeinated and when I can get LO settled in for a nap to have a heart to heart or come to Jesus chat.

He is a good dad and a good husband and I know he loves us, but tonight I am totally pissed at him.
  • Options
    kkdb14kkdb14 member
    Literally every time I ask boyfriend to do something with LO he says no because he's just sooo tired from being at work all day. Sometimes he doesn't even want to hold her, and he sees her maybe 2 days a week. I'm at my wits end. He acts all involved and lovey when we aren't around, but as soon as he's available to help he refuses. I don't even know what to do at this point. I feel like a single parent and I feel so hurt and angry. This is not fair in any way, shape, or form. He comes off all involved to everyone else but it is such bullshit. He needs to man up, and every time I tell him so he flips out and threatens to break up because "he's helping by making the money". What money?? He's not bought one thing with his own money for her since LO was born 8.5 weeks ago. We don't live together, and he's not supporting me in any way. He's making the money, sure, but not for me or LO, but for himself and his bills. I really don't know what to do and it's stressing me out so badly. I just want the man I knew back..
  • Options
    I'm sorry @kkdb14. That sounds like a tough situation :(
  • Options
    kkdb14kkdb14 member
    @carajeanp37 I've done that already. He wussed out around 2:30 and had his mom take care of her until 3 when she fell asleep until 8:30. It helped for maybe a week.
  • Options
    Here's my rant

Our older DD goes to camp 3 days a week. 99% I take her to and from camp due to DH work schedule. LO hates the car ride. When DD is back there it isn't terrible because she will give LO her pacifier back. But one direction of the ride it's just LO in the back so she screams for 20 min every ride. Today 5 minutes after I leave to get DD DH texts me that he's home. I was pissed. He never bothered to tell me he was on his way so we could plan for him to keep LO or get DD so that niether her nor I were subjected to the 20 min of screaming. I swear he did it on purpose.
  • Options
    areseearesee member
    LO has been really fussy from around 11pm to 1am, and DH has been awesome about taking that shift so I can get some sleep. In return, I basically let him off the hook for the rest of the night (he'll help with the diaper change then go right back to bed while I do the feedings). This has been working great for the last few nights, until last night.

We both said we hoped LO was tired enough to just go down after the 11pm feeding. Next thing I know, DH is asleep in bed at 11:15, leaving me alone to finish the feeding and try to get LO to sleep. I was fuming. LO didn't go down until 12:30.

Also, DH is able to sleep through LO's restless grunts and farts and I'm not, so now I'm up for the day and DH is still sleeping. Ugh. I love the man, but at this point I hate when he gets a real amount of sleep.
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member

So DH had a rough day at work & came home upset. I made his favorite dinner & (frozen) apple pie & ice cream (didn't want y'all to think I was some fancy-smancy cooking lady). While it was finishing, I asked if he wanted to hold LO while she was awake (I always have to ask). He does, but plays on his phone. He says he doesn't know what to do with her this young. So later I ask him to change her & do night routine (their thing) while I shower. She is screaming when I get out & I feel bad cause that can't help this situation. I take her and feed her. He then takes her back to snuggle. She spits up & gets upset, so I take her again. Come to find out she's hungry again, so I'm in the bed feeding her. He come in to go to bed & brings me my things & props a pillow up for me (which was sweet).
    I know most men feel strange at the point with a baby so young, but I feel bad when I know how to comfort her & get the smiles & interactions from being home all day & he doesn't bc he doesn't take the time.
    Anyone have any advice for breaching this subject or should I just let it be? I know when she can interact more he'll be great & more involved, so I'm not worried he'll end up being detached.

Does he change diapers? At about 5-6 weeks, our LO suddenly flipped from hating to loving diaper changes - suddenly becoming all smily and cooey for DH. Made life better/more connected for both of them.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    @mindaa - yeah, but at night it's usually awake when he's home for about 10 min then nap. After she wakes up, he changes her & they do their night time thing, but if she's really hungry - she's hangry & diapers aren't happy like normal.
    BUT Saturday we planned a family day, so he can see her happy "day time" self & he's staying home with her while I work on my classroom in 2 weeks, so that'll help {I think}.
  • Options
    rrcameron21rrcameron21 member
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    @rrcameron21 Write it on his forehead. No time to be subtle, girl!
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited July 2015
    Rant: DH is "tired". I get it. He works all day. I GET IT.

But he's also not sleeping at night. I am still handling all the night shifts, and even though he CAN sleep, he's not due to anxiety or something. Last night, Friday, I took the 10 pm feeding/bed prep shift. He offered to take the next shift but then said he could not fall asleep due to the anxiety of knowing that he'd be getting up "soon".

I tried to tell him that that's a stupid reason to not sleep. She's sleeping 5 hours sometimes at night so he could probably get a few hours in. I tried to nicely tell him to grow a pair and go the eff to bed.

Cut to this morning. He was up with her at 3 am (hey, 5 hours, like I said!). Meanwhile I took the 7 am and 10 am shifts because he was asleep. But he claims he 'didn't sleep at all". I call bull. Yeah maybe it wasn't great sleep, but you were asleep, dude. I know this because I stared at you at both 7 and 10 am, hoping you'd get up to take care of LO. Nope.

And now LO wants to be in happy awake mode, which is awesome, but I would like if he could take this shift please so I can eat some damn breakfast. I poked him and passive aggressively said we were going out to a farmers market "because Evelyn wants to be awake". I think he's annoyed that we aren't waiting for him. But holy crap it's noon, sorry I can't just sit around with a bored infant all day.

I haven't followed through on that threat though - Bumpin' with a cup of coffee in my hand while LO stares into space in her swing. I feel guilty, I'll pick her back up in 2 minutes...

/rant.
  • Options
    kkdb14 said:

Literally every time I ask boyfriend to do something with LO he says no because he's just sooo tired from being at work all day. Sometimes he doesn't even want to hold her, and he sees her maybe 2 days a week. I'm at my wits end. He acts all involved and lovey when we aren't around, but as soon as he's available to help he refuses. I don't even know what to do at this point. I feel like a single parent and I feel so hurt and angry. This is not fair in any way, shape, or form. He comes off all involved to everyone else but it is such bullshit. He needs to man up, and every time I tell him so he flips out and threatens to break up because "he's helping by making the money". What money?? He's not bought one thing with his own money for her since LO was born 8.5 weeks ago. We don't live together, and he's not supporting me in any way. He's making the money, sure, but not for me or LO, but for himself and his bills. I really don't know what to do and it's stressing me out so badly. I just want the man I knew back..

This sounded exactly if I had written it myself. I am in the same exact situation, except we live together. I pay the small bills and he covers the mortgage. He says I shouldn't be mad he is working more than 15 hours a day because he is making money, well we don't share money so I don't care. He hasn't done anything with us as a family (we have 4 kids) since the new baby was born. He completely changed after this baby, not sure what happened to him but I'm sick of having the conversation about it and nothing changing. He did two nights shifts the first week and not one since. It's just me and the kids now. I'm completely alone. Sorry youre in your situation. I hope you get it worked out!