November 2015 Moms
Options

How we announced our pregnancy!

Re: How we announced our pregnancy!

• Options
    ks24119ks24119 member
    here is how we are announcing next week at 14 weeks :)
  • Options
    ks24119ks24119 member
    opps here it is :) computer issues 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    htilsonhtilson member
  • Options
    @Kmichell24 I'm due the same day.You found out you are having a girl already?
  • Options
    ks24119ks24119 member
    @livhamid yes, genetic testing because of previous losses 
  • Options
    @htilson, that is great! You all are creative. And I'm jelly you get to have your baby on Oahu. Thats were I had my DD. What a wonderful place for a child to enjoy

BabyGaga

• Options
    Not sure how we'll announce. It's sort of a sticky situation. This is our rainbow baby. We lost our 2 month daughter at the end of December and I got pregnant in February. So it's hard for me to decide on when we should announce and how. Loving the different ideas tho!! Anyone else in a similar situation or was at one point? We have a 2 year old and we're thinking of involving him somehow too.
    My DH and I are expecting our first child! A boy.. we're thrilled :)http://www.thebump.com/profiles/kestes946/settings/avatar/index# BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @YummeeCookee.. That's a really special way of announcing. We will prob be waiting until at least 20 weeks till we announce to other friends. All of our family and close friends know. My 2 month old passed away due to prematurity and a rare genetic syndrome so we could prob do something similar to that. Thanks for the idea!
    My DH and I are expecting our first child! A boy.. we're thrilled :)http://www.thebump.com/profiles/kestes946/settings/avatar/index# BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    htilsonhtilson member
  • Options
    snurbansnurban member
    None of our families know, since we live 1000 miles away from them, we are announcing next weekend when my family comes to visit. This is the picture we are sending out. Can't wait to let go of this secret :)
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin can we make this a sticky?
  • Options
    kmkrushi said:

@BumpAdmin can we make this a sticky?

Agreed, @bumpadmin! Pretty please. :)
  • Options
    I'm so lost I'm 14wks 2days and still haven't announced the pregnancy.(yes hubby knows) One I don't know how and two I'm afraid to. Any advice? No this isn't my 1st.... and thinking about announcing baby is stressing me out... PLEASE HELP.
  • Options
    @bossmomma You don't HAVE to announce it - if you want to certainly go for it! But you don't have to. I have a good friend who did a cute announcement for her first and then just kind of told people as she saw them with her second. Someone in her family put a video on facebook of her finding out the sex of the baby, but everyone already knew about the pregnancy by then.

BUT if you WANT to do one, there are a lot of really cute ideas on here!

@hnbruck Yours made me tear up too!! So sweet! Thank you to both you and your husband for your service and sacrifice. I'll pray that he is able to be there for the birth!
  • Options
    My husband and I are both hunters so we will be announcing in a few weeks with this pictutre with baby hunting/camping boots!
  • Options
    I love all of these! So cute!
  • Options
    bossmomma said:

I'm so lost I'm 14wks 2days and still haven't announced the pregnancy.(yes hubby knows) One I don't know how and two I'm afraid to. Any advice? No this isn't my 1st.... and thinking about announcing baby is stressing me out... PLEASE HELP.

Announce to the people you are okay sharing your personal life with, good or bad. :) It's a very private thing and it's a-okay to not announce it online. I'll be calling my closest relatives and texting distant relatives/friends in two weeks after I receive my genetic test results.

With that said now that you're 14 weeks the odds are your baby will be born healthy so don't worry and enjoy your pregnancy. <3 

• Options
    On Easter!  It was a little early, but the best time for everyone to be together, and I couldn't wait until Mother's Day.  :)
    V.jpg 1.4M
  • Options
    OMGosh @htilson that was wayyyyyyyy to stinking cute! Love it! I cried a little.....lol
  • Options
    Just started telling family at 12 weeks ... But will post this to facebook soon. We are off to Disney in a few weeks so a Disney theme seemed fitting.
  • Options
    We are planning to announce via social media when it gets closer to finding out boy/girl :) we will say something like "Cast your vote, baby #1 due November" I think it's fun to get others involved :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone think it's cliché to announce on mothers day?
  • Options

Anyone think it's cliché to announce on mothers day?

Me! When the MD announcement thread was up I posted this and pretty much everyone disagreed. But yes. I think it's the equivalent of proposing on Valentine's Day.
  • Options

Our first doesn't know what to think..grumpy face =))

I love how beautiful the background is and how irritated he looks. The two go together nicely. ;)
  • Options
    kmd91kmd91 member
    Going with the simple shoes picture. I'll be sharing this weekend after my NT scan and I get to see the little one.