April 2014 Moms

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• Good luck, indeed, @smushi!

And, @OliveOyl2014‌ , I EBF, but mine came back 2 months pp (whoopee), and they were really regular. But then LO started waking more at night again and they have been longer on occasion--34 or 35 days instead of the more typical 28. Not sure what to make of it, but that's my experience for what it's worth.
  • I am such a happy girl! MASH is now on netflix!!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Loading the player...
  • smushi said:

@oliveoyl2014  Mine came back at 6 months and have been regular since then.  I believe if you are BF'ing they would not be regular if the baby were waking more often to eat at night.

Are you concerned about anything?  Have you chatted with your Gyn?
    I wasn't able to BF for more than a week. I'm not concerned so much as just frustrated every month when it's late. I talked to my Gyn when my cycles were 32 days, and she said that's still in the normal range. But now I'm at 38 days and nothing. I'll call if it doesn't show up by Monday. Thanks!

• Thanks for the well wishes ladies. No more exorcist puke sessions (knock on wood!) at least. It turned out not so bad - I just lowered my expectations for the day. And it was soooo cold, so it was kind of good to have an excuse not to go out!
  • @OliveOyl2014‌ m'y periods are still not regular and I've been back on the pill since October. They keep arriving on the third week of pills instead of the fourth. I actually had two mini periods this month. I'm having my thyroid tested, but I'm pretty sure it's just my wonky post partum body.
  • LO is finally having a good night of sleep and the darn neighbor's car alarm has been going off every few minutes since 5am. Thankfully he is still sleeping, but I sure am awake. :(
  • We have noisy neighbors too. It's the music in their car. They are really nice though. But at midnight, I really don't want to hear their bass. I feel like such a grumpy old lady. But wake my baby and I will hurt you.

• twohunts said:

We have noisy neighbors too. It's the music in their car. They are really nice though. But at midnight, I really don't want to hear their bass. I feel like such a grumpy old lady. But wake my baby and I will hurt you.

We have a teenager who drives down our street multiple times a day with his music blaring. And he speeds too. There has been times he has gone probably 60mph down our street. Plus he doesn't even live on it. So annoying.
  • I hate how dead this board is on Saturdays! It just makes me feel even crappier about being stuck at work while everyone else is spending time with their families!

• I hate how dead this board is on Saturdays! It just makes me feel even crappier about being stuck at work while everyone else is spending time with their families!

Hang in there! I'm sorry you are stuck at work... Hope the day flies by!
  • My baby girl is still sick. She had an ear infection two weeks ago. We finished the round of antibiotics this last Sunday. Tuesday through Thursday she had a fever so we took her back to the doctor. It ended up just being a virus. Now she's developed a rash on her head, neck, and torso. I'm hoping it's just a result of the virus and not an allergy to something.
  • @AnnH74‌ oh no! It's so hard when babies aren't feeling well. I hope she feels better soon!
  • @AnnH74‌ --I hope your LO is on the mend soon and that you determine the cause of the rash...

We are unexpectedly on the road--DH's step-dad passed away last night and we found out this afternoon that the visitation is tomorrow afternoon and the funeral is Monday. Decided to scramble and get on the road tonight so that tomorrow is less hectic. LO is not pleased.
  • @Sporty1216‌ sorry for the loss, I hope the travel and services go ok with LO

@AnnH74‌ I hope you LO gets well soon. Keep us posted on her rash.

Don't feel crappy you are stuck at work. I feel envious of you when I read about how you and your H have scheduled your work and life so your LO doesn't have to go to daycare.
  • AnnH74 said:
    My baby girl is still sick. She had an ear infection two weeks ago. We finished the round of antibiotics this last Sunday. Tuesday through Thursday she had a fever so we took her back to the doctor. It ended up just being a virus. Now she's developed a rash on her head, neck, and torso. I'm hoping it's just a result of the virus and not an allergy to something.
    So sorry :( We're going through the same thing.  Ear infection last week, got antibiotics, and now that he's finished up the meds, he's got green mucus and awful congestion and fever.  He's thrown up 7 times in the last 24 hours...  Hope your little lady gets better soon!  J gets a rash on his body when he's got a quick allergy.  He's got it right now because I stupidly had a bowl of ice cream this afternoon...
  • @Sporty1216‌ , aw crap! That sucks, I'm sorry <3
    @AnnH74‌ , that sounds awful, just one thing after another! Hope LO is better soon!

• Just decided to jump in here.
    @AnnH74‌ - hopefully you figure out the cause of the rash soon and your LO feels better. Being sick is no fun :/
    @Sporty1216‌ - thoughts and prayers for you and your DH's family during this time. Also hopefully your LO travels well and will sleep while you're on the road.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, @Sporty1216‌
  • So over all the Valentines posts all over FB. I always wonder if things are as happy in paradise as people make it seem. There was an overly mushy one on my newsfeed from a girl that I know has been cheating on her husband.
  • @Sporty1216‌ - I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Thanks for the sympathy and support, all. I don't think the emotion of the loss has hit me yet since I've been focused on DH and the logistics of the trip. A little afraid that it'll hit hard this afternoon.

We made it through the 7 hour drive with only a few screaming spells. LO woke up to see everyone when we got here but settled down and slept well. Here's hoping he's s real champ through the services today and tomorrow.
  • @Sporty1216‌ I'm sorry for your loss.
  • So over all the Valentines posts all over FB. I always wonder if things are as happy in paradise as people make it seem. There was an overly mushy one on my newsfeed from a girl that I know has been cheating on her husband.

Most of the time I think people are just trying to convince themselves. I admit though...almost every day I want to shout from the rooftops about my awesome husband...but I limit myself to 3x a year lol.

• BADASBKRCKBADASBKRCK member
    edited February 2015
    Lol...congrats! How did you explain it to DH?
    (Edited because DD pushed reply before I finished

• Implantation bleed? Haha, congrats!
  • Lol...congrats! How did you explain it to DH?
    (Edited because DD pushed reply before I finished

I fessed up lol. He didn't care. I think he was too shocked.
  • Emyawl said:

Implantation bleed? Haha, congrats!

Good idea! I didn't think of that!
  • Wow!! Congratulations @OliveOyl2014‌
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks all! It hasn't sunk it quite yet.
  • I had been letting my son play with tampons this week. Whatever works. Lol
  • Water bottle with stuff in it.  Boom.  Entertainment on the fly.
  • smushi said:

Water bottle with stuff in it.  Boom.  Entertainment on the fly.

Clever!

• smushi said:

Water bottle with stuff in it.  Boom.  Entertainment on the fly.

I filled a bottle with rice and small items like buttons and gems. She loves shaking it and seeing what pokes through the rice!