April 2014 Moms
Options

RTT 2.0

Re: RTT 2.0

• Options
    @him84 Goodness that's a lot going on, poor buddy!  What kind of yogurt helped him?  Do you know what was causing the diarrhea?

LO got his bottom two at 6 months, then at the beginning of January his lateral incisors broke through.  He looked like a vampire for a month, and then at the beginning of this week his first front tooth broke through.  So we've got 5 teeth and are anticipating #6 within the next week.  Snaggle tooth city here!
  • Options
    Full fat greek yogurt, stuffed with probiotics.

He had a fever and the diarrhea came with, but his gut never reset itself afterwards is what the pedi said.  Just needed a little help!

Anyone have any neat ideas for a birthday gift for DH from LO?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hlm184 said:

Full fat greek yogurt, stuffed with probiotics.

He had a fever and the diarrhea came with, but his gut never reset itself afterwards is what the pedi said.  Just needed a little help!

Thanks, I was about to ask what yogurt helped! We've hit day 7 of diarrhea. The doctor just thinks it's the stomach flu that hit our house. So. Much. Laundry.

For Father's Day, LO got DH a photo mug. Cheesy, I know, but DH loves it!
  • Options
    Good tip re: the yogurt.  LO is on antibiotics right now, and so I wanted to find something to repopulate his gut with the good stuff!

Also, it cracks me up/terrifies me that the tickers from A14 all say folks are 84 (or so) weeks pregnant.  Come on out baby, indeed! ;)
  • Options
    Lol at the tickers! 84 weeks pregnant sounds like hell! I don't even know if I have a ticker, I tried once on the computer and failed at adding one. I bump mobile all the time so I don't see tickers.
  • Options
    hlm184 said:

Im thinking of having someone do a drawing of my girls for his office.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    I weaned LO to formula about 10 days ago. I haven't pumped in about a week. I started getting uncomfortably engorged yesterday, and I am extremely uncomfortable now. Do I pump to relieve the pain, or is it going to prolong my need to keep pumping?
  • Options
    JWest07 said:

I weaned LO to formula about 10 days ago. I haven't pumped in about a week. I started getting uncomfortably engorged yesterday, and I am extremely uncomfortable now. Do I pump to relieve the pain, or is it going to prolong my need to keep pumping?

I'm still pumping but when I stop I plan to do it gradually, not cold turkey. If I was extremely uncomfortable I would pump just a little to relieve the discomfort. I'd also wear tight sports bras, ice packs help, and avoid letting the warm water in the shower fall directly on them.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Anyone having trouble finding a link to A14?  I can't find the birth month boards links on the bump anymore...
  • Options
    I made the mistake of bragging about how DD sleeps through the night and now the karma gods are out to get me!

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Options
    I didn't quit cold turkey. For the first couple days I pumped every 12 hours, than 24, then 36. I've gone days without engorgement, I'm not sure where this came from.
  • Options
    JWest07 said:

I didn't quit cold turkey. For the first couple days I pumped every 12 hours, than 24, then 36. I've gone days without engorgement, I'm not sure where this came from.

That's pretty much what I did too.its been a month since I last pumped. Its weird though, when I squeeze my nipples I still get a little milk. Wonder how long before that goes away?

• Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    JWest07 said:

That's strange... Hope you the discomfort goes away soon!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    smushi said:

Anyone having trouble finding a link to A14?  I can't find the birth month boards links on the bump anymore...

My app goes directly to
    a14 but I can't find the other pages I frequent (multiples and IFVets) without going to a desktop. :/

**new RE**

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    I can access A14 easily on mobile. Haven't tried on desktop.

Spent the morning exploring a nearby area we may want to move to. We have a small two-bedroom house that is almost 100 years old. Hoping to move before LO is in kindergarten. Tough to consider having two kiddos (hopefully!) in our current space, but the more we look, the more we think we may want to end up building or up our budget. Which means we need more equity in our current home for a good down payment. Ugh. Gotta try to figure out a limbo for a while. Hard not to daydream a lot. But definitely following the build your own home thread!

Wow. That was super random. Fitting for the RTT, I guess!
  • Options
    @Sporty1216‌ I've been thinking about moving in the next five years, too. Our house right now is perfect for us and LO, and possibly another LO, but having pre-teens/teenagers here is just not going to work here unless we put a serious addition onto the house and do something to make the crawl space under the kitchen useable for storage. Our house is 130 years old and I'm so in love with it, I will be so sad to move! We've been crunching numbers so we have an idea of how to work our finances the next couple of years.
  • Options
    I also plan to move in the next five years. Different reasons though, right now we live in the ghetto. It will be fine for the next few years but I will not allow my baby girl to go to a city school. We plan to finally buy a house in my old hometown.

• Options
    Amazing how much kiddos change everything and how quickly! I've lived in and loved my house for 10 years....but now all I see are the things that make it a tricky place to raise a family (although, of course, people did it for generations, I'm sure)! Glad to know I'm not alone in this. Now I need to tattoo "patience, grasshopper" on myself as a reminder that we don't have to have everything figured out today!
  • Options
    We are house shopping right now. We've been in our current one 12 years and we bought a t a good time so we have equity. We put a deposit on a lot a few streets over and hope to build our forever home there. We like the area, but don't love our house. Just waiting for the dang builder to communicate with us. They do great work but so far their communication has been slow and I'm anxious to get started!

**new RE**

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    honeyzoo said:
    @hlm184 we did a shutterfly travel mug.  He loves it!
    Thanks!  I ordered a magnet off of shutterfly, but it might not be here in time.  Oh well, he can get an IOU for that.  The big present is here, at least!

• Options
    Shoveling the driveway for the 6th time this week. If I don't wind up with the sexiest arms and shoulders ever then I am totally going to stab a b****.

• Options
    I didn't watch the Grammys. DH and I watched 22 Jump Street instead. Channing Tatum. Yes.
  • Options
    I watched part of the Grammy's. You didn't miss much. The theme was "let's put this new artist with this old artist and make them do a crappy duet!"
  • Options
    It's my daughter's 3rd birthday today. Time flies...
  • Options
    Just shoveled this morning and there is already 4 inches covering the porch and driveway. *grumble*. I USED to love snow.

• Options
    I would love to see some snow...
  • Options
    80 degrees in February is a sin.
  • Options
    I'd post a picture for you if I wasn't on my phone! From last week to this week we have gotten over 2 feet.

• Options
    I live in the New Orleans area. I've seen snow maybe 4 times in my life. And It wasn't the fluffy pretty stuff I always imagined...
  • Options
    I heart lurking on the TTGP board so hard.  No matter how much the bump tries, it can't get rid of stupidity (which will always draw those regular posters back).  Especially when it was obvious that tb was having their 'people' post...
  • Options
    smushi said:

I heart lurking on the TTGP board so hard.  No matter how much the bump tries, it can't get rid of stupidity (which will always draw those regular posters back).  Especially when it was obvious that tb was having their 'people' post...

It is pretty funny....
  • Options
    80 degees?!? I cannot imagine. It was -22 here this morning (not accounting for the wind chill factor). I have things o admit, 80 would be too much for February.

Yeah @rrachelle813‌ you only get the fluffy stuff when the yemps are cold enough. I imagine it looked more like slush falling from the sky in New Orleans.
  • Options
    Exactly. It's like mud/slush. And when it does happen, the entire city shuts down. We have no idea how to drive on icy roads.
  • Options
    smushi said:

I would love to see some snow...

Ugh! I love it, but I've had enough now. Boston is buried!
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Options
    Wah. I want snow, too. Today it rained some at least.

**new RE**

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    Woah! Back from vacation and TB has morphed into something totally different. I don't like the new look.  :-q
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Super pissed at my friend. I invited some girlfriends over to do some scrapbooking, and she posted in FB about how she's got all these wedding crafts for us to do and how excited she is about it. No, it's my house and my event and we will be scrapbooking our own things because that's why I invited everyone over! The ladies on the Knot would eat her alive with all her bridezilla antics.
  • Options

Super pissed at my friend. I invited some girlfriends over to do some scrapbooking, and she posted in FB about how she's got all these wedding crafts for us to do and how excited she is about it. No, it's my house and my event and we will be scrapbooking our own things because that's why I invited everyone over! The ladies on the Knot would eat her alive with all her bridezilla antics.

The worst! Stand strong! I hope the rest of you can scrapbook and she can do her own wedding crafts--or, better yet, host her own craft night if she really needs the help.... Boo to bridezillas.
  • Options

The worst! Stand strong! I hope the rest of you can scrapbook and she can do her own wedding crafts--or, better yet, host her own craft night if she really needs the help.... Boo to bridezillas.
    Thanks! I pretty much said to her that I hoped she was joking and that she's welcome to bring whatever she wants to work on, but I will be scrapbooking. Haven't gotten a response yet.