October 2014 Moms

Friday Randos

Imma post a ton to try to take down the top poster this week. I will be annoying. Sorrynotsorry.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Friday Randos

• Also, am I the only one that still has weaky pizza in my sig?

• Loading the player...
  • @sweetadeline31‌ I'm glad your day back was better than expected!
  • SPurp13 said:

Also, am I the only one that still has weaky pizza in my sig?

I do!

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• alfibet said:

Today we have to drive to lake havasu. Az to visit my dad for the weekend. It's like a 4 hour drive and I'm worried about the baby since she hates her car seat. It's also long stretch of highway without exits and only 1 lane each way. I'm worried about needing to feed her. Any tips for those of you who went on road trips? I know @windwithfingers‌ has survived a couple. It's the hot air balloon festival though, so I'm hoping shell enjoy the colors a little.

We took a 5.5 hour road trip over the holidays with DD. DD has been fighting the car seat lately, too, so I sat in the back with her with some toys and was able to keep giving her the paci. She actually fell asleep for most of the car ride there and back.

As far as feeding her, since she slept so much it wasn't a big deal, but I did bring my pump and pumped a couple of times in the car since she wasn't waking up hungry.

I would just check out a road map and make sure you can find places to safely pull off the road to feed your baby or change the diaper. If there is a long stretch that has no place to stop (not even a side road to pull off on) then maybe plan to stop right before that stretch and check your LOs diaper and feed them. Just give yourself extra time, because when we travelled with dd it would take her 10-15 minutes to really wake up and want to eat.

Overall, it took us about 2-3 stops and an extra hour to travel with DD.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sweetsurprise2014‌ lots of baby snuggles!

@sabby2 Happy birthday and hope you feel better!!

@sweetadeline31‌ not wrong at all dd was definitely a donkey last night I take back what I said yesterday about potential unicorn status. So. Tired.

Hope she naps later. I'm looking forward to tonight, a gf is coming over for pizza & wine!!

January Snow Fail

• alfibet said:

Today we have to drive to lake havasu. Az to visit my dad for the weekend. It's like a 4 hour drive and I'm worried about the baby since she hates her car seat. It's also long stretch of highway without exits and only 1 lane each way. I'm worried about needing to feed her. Any tips for those of you who went on road trips? I know windwithfingers‌ has survived a couple. It's the hot air balloon festival though, so I'm hoping shell enjoy the colors a little.

Definitely give yourself extra time. My mom and I did a 12.5 hr drive with dd and it took 15 hours. I sat in the back with her. When we stopped I'd feed her and then pass her to the front seat and my mom would change her diaper while I put myself back together. Each stop took about 30 minutes. Good luck.
    January Snow Fail

• Happy birthday @sabby2‌ !!!

I had a dream that DH said it was a mistake to marry me, and when I woke, DH was gone. I thought it was legit and called his cell, and turns out he just went to work early. I needed a hug and he wasn't there to hug me, so I snuggled the baby.
  • Purp, it is Friday. Didn't you have a confession to share?
    I fucking forgot it. I shared two other lame ones, though.
  • FamousEa said:
    Also, am I the only one that still has weaky pizza in my sig?

I thought our bumpie awards had it too?
    It does, that is true, but I needed a separate pizza.
  • alfibet said:
    Soooo I got trashed and had pre-marriage type sex last night, lingerie and all. It's the first time I've really enjoyed sex since before I got pregnant. It was a great night and I feel so close with my h again right now. Im happy :) Today we have to drive to lake havasu. Az to visit my dad for the weekend. It's like a 4 hour drive and I'm worried about the baby since she hates her car seat. It's also long stretch of highway without exits and only 1 lane each way. I'm worried about needing to feed her. Any tips for those of you who went on road trips? I know @windwithfingers‌ has survived a couple. It's the hot air balloon festival though, so I'm hoping shell enjoy the colors a little.
    @alfibet DS hates his carseat too. He also hates the paci, so I always am anxious before a road trip. However, he's done a 10-hour and a 6-hour and all has been well. Basically I try to leave when I know he'll be tired (morning, after he's been awake a few hours). I'll feed him, load him into the seat, and go. He always fusses a little before he falls asleep, but he'll usually take a paci after awhile. Then I just sort of stroke his head and hold the paci in his mouth while saying "shhhhhh" and he falls asleep. As long as the car is moving, he'll stay asleep for 3-4 hours. When we went to Arkansas, there was a stretch of winding, one-lane roads that we couldn't pull over on and he was screaming, so I used a bottle while we were driving. I know that's like a motherhood cardinal sin, but it couldn't be avoided and it was truly a last resort. That was in early November and it was the only time I ever had to do that.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • SPurp13 said:

DD was conceived one year ago, today. :D

Ew, I think A was, too, I just looked it up. And she's 3 months old today.

Being on Fertility Friend was nice, like an old friend...FFFC.

Ew? :/

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• On my way to pedi office with two sick LO in tow. Drew had a fever of 101.2 at 5am. Fx it's nothing major! Catch up with you all later!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • ANGnJON said:
    On my way to pedi office with two sick LO in tow. Drew had a fever of 101.2 at 5am. Fx it's nothing major! Catch up with you all later!
    Update us later! I hope he's ok!
  • SPurp13 said:
    I'm closing in on Stebnie. What do I post? Just a million cat gifs?
    Give us all the cat gifs 

View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"