October 2014 Moms

Randomness of Thursday

Re: Randomness of Thursday

• FamousEa said:
    WORST night ever and it wasn't even because I was up with a baby. Worked last night and it was total cray cray in the ER! There are some things you just can't unsee.
    This is so true. When I worked at an ER there were such horrific things...Such as someone using a cosmetic wedge as a tampon and then forgetting about it. For a few weeks.
    OMG. I'm oddly fascinated with weird ER stories. Tell me all the stories!

An ex that I dated used to be an EMT. He said a girl had an apple up her vag. WHUUUUUT.
    My sister was an ER nurse and said they have extracted interesting things from peoples assholes... Razor handles, a lightbulb...
    Things in butts is what I always hear about. Lol I also have a friend who's a high risk nurse in labor and delivery. So many punches to hand out to some of the bitches that come through there all fucked up on drugs.
    I feel like there should be HARSH penalties for people who hurt, abuse or endanger children. We don't take this shit seriously enough. I mean HARSH. I was just thinking about this for some reason. Probably because there is something awful on the news everyday about terrible things happening to children all the time. Makes me so sad :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image
  • Loading the player...
  • SPurp13 said:

ajh1230 said:

WORST night ever and it wasn't even because I was up with a baby. Worked last night and it was total cray cray in the ER! There are some things you just can't unsee.

This is so true. When I worked at an ER there were such horrific things...Such as someone using a cosmetic wedge as a tampon and then forgetting about it. For a few weeks.

An ex that I dated used to be an EMT. He said a girl had an apple up her vag. WHUUUUUT.

Like a whole apple? Ow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Also, for the non-squeamish, here are 20 xrays of things radiologists have found in butts (and other body parts). https://heavy.com/entertainment/2013/03/the-20-craziest-x-ray-images/
    Oooh, this is my cup of tea.
  • SPurp13 said:
    Maybe this is an UO, but it pisses me off that that idiot goes to the same place as people having heart attacks, strokes, etc..

You know, people who aren't there due to their own stupidity. 
    This is a (probably) really offensive thing for me to be pissed off about, but I get pissed when people go to the ER. For a cold. Because they don't have health insurance.

Thanks. I do not go to the doctor when I have a cold, but I will pay for you to go to the ER for it. No problem.
    Haha! I feel the same way - but I think its because I have a cousin - slightly younger than me who is a total hypochondriac, there is ALWAYS something wrong with her.  She gets a cold and runs to the ER and is on government assistance so she doesn't pay anything (nor does she work, or do anything) so she isn't footing a bill. That shit pisses me off. Emergency room is for EMERGENCIES not because you have the sniffles 

View Full Size Image
  • Also, for the non-squeamish, here are 20 xrays of things radiologists have found in butts (and other body parts).

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2013/03/the-20-craziest-x-ray-images/

NopeNopeNopeNopeNope. Not going there.
  • WORST night ever and it wasn't even because I was up with a baby. Worked last night and it was total cray cray in the ER! There are some things you just can't unsee.
    Maybe this is an UO, but it pisses me off that that idiot goes to the same place as people having heart attacks, strokes, etc..

You know, people who aren't there due to their own stupidity. 
    Not an UO. Another thing people do that piss me off is abuse their medicaid, like calling an ambulance for a stubbed toe (really happened). **my issue isn't about people on medicaid. Just the abuse of resources.**
    I work part time in the ER as well.  I can't even explain how annoyed I get at what people come in for.  We have had someone call an ambulance because they threw up one time after they took a sip of rotten milk.  We also had someone come in by ambulance because they had a sunburn.     :-O

We have so many people come in just for pregnancy tests!  So many people abuse the system
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @SPurp13, I was reading something from yesterday's thread and saw this again.  I died AGAIN.  This might be my new go-to when I need a good laugh.

It seemed appropriate at the time.
  • MrsTinMKE said:
    FamousEa said:

My sister was an ER nurse and said they have extracted interesting things from peoples assholes... Razor handles, a lightbulb...
    Things in butts is what I always hear about. Lol I also have a friend who's a high risk nurse in labor and delivery. So many punches to hand out to some of the bitches that come through there all fucked up on drugs.
    I feel like there should be HARSH penalties for people who hurt, abuse or endanger children. We don't take this shit seriously enough. I mean HARSH. I was just thinking about this for some reason. Probably because there is something awful on the news everyday about terrible things happening to children all the time. Makes me so sad :(
    Possible trigger

Yeah these bitches come in and you can smell the meth on them and you know they're all messed up. Unless they currently have their children taken away or when they test the baby it's positive for drugs they can't legally take their baby from them. And when they test the baby it doesn't come up positive very often. People suck.
  • MrsTinMKE said:
    MrsTinMKE said:
    FamousEa said:

Possible trigger

Yeah these bitches come in and you can smell the meth on them and you know they're all messed up. Unless they currently have their children taken away or when they test the baby it's positive for drugs they can't legally take their baby from them. And when they test the baby it doesn't come up positive very often. People suck.
    You have got to be kidding me.... If you are pregnant and test positive for that stuff... Hell if you aren't pregnant and test positive for that stuff you should have your kids taken away! 
    That's exactly my thought. It's disgusting.
  • MrsTinMKE said:
    FamousEa said:

Possible trigger

Oh, but they call my doctor because they don't want to send my baby home with ME, because I didn't give her a bottle. I get it.
  • SPurp13 said:
    MrsTinMKE said:
    FamousEa said:

Possible trigger

Oh, but they call my doctor because they don't want to send my baby home with ME, because I didn't give her a bottle. I get it.
    No. Shit. The system makes a lot of damn sense doesn't it

• MrsTinMKE said:

MrsTinMKE said:

FamousEa said:

SPurp13 said:

ajh1230 said:

Possible trigger

You have got to be kidding me.... If you are pregnant and test positive for that stuff... Hell if you aren't pregnant and test positive for that stuff you should have your kids taken away! 

DHs cousin just adopted a beautiful baby girl who was born with spina bifida, and going through heroin withdrawal. I just don't get people. I love my little guy so much I couldn't imagine doing anything to harm him.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• MrsTinMKE said:
    MrsTinMKE said:
    FamousEa said:

Possible trigger

DHs cousin just adopted a beautiful baby girl who was born with spina bifida, and going through heroin withdrawal. I just don't get people. I love my little guy so much I couldn't imagine doing anything to harm him.
    Oh God. I feel the same way, you look at these babies and think how the hell could anyone want to harm them.  I should stop now, I am getting all ragey and emotional. 

View Full Size Image
  • Holy quote trees.
    hehe sorry :)

View Full Size Image
  • (snip)
    This.  I don't know how people hurt children.  I mean, I worried that my one cup of coffee a day was too much caffeine for baby.  I wonder if some people worry about anything.  Think about the drug-addicted, binge-drinking moms out there that have colicky babies.  Breaks my heart to think what those kids go through on a daily basis.
    Right? I mean...and I was concerned about taking a hot bath...
  • @ANGnJON They are so adorable!!
    O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

• DD has round 2 of shots today. I'm dreading it. She was so sad the last time, her chunky legs just hurt. Night was really rough for her but at least I'm comfortable with the Tylenol this time.
  • This..just no.  My mom's name is Jill.
    @carriedaway19 I have very similar feelings that you have being that it's hard to juggle everything. It's like you just figure it out then BACK TO WORK FOR YOU! As far as the sex thing I make myself when I don't feel in the mood and realize that I also miss the connection. Or I do other things for DH. Sometimes I'm just plain exhausted and he can go do it with "Jill" in the shower (jerk it, your hand spells Jill if you hold it up Lol)

:-&
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Target has a deal going for a $25 gift card if you spend $100 on diapers, wipes, training pants, and/or formula. Text SAVE to 827438 to get the barcode. Also DH has not one, not two, but THREE possible job opportunity interviews coming up! One sounds weird bit we're giving anything a shot, the second sounds too good to be true (but hey it's about time we caught a break, right?) and the third is the company he interviewed with before but for s different position they think he'll like. ALL THE CROSSED THINGS!
    @Victoria+james - Good luck !! 

View Full Size Image
  • @victoria+james‌ yay! Fx for DH. Keep us posted!

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"