March 2015 Moms

Nurseries!!

Re: Nurseries!!

• @cafecreme and @gnomemom‌ I love the idea of the frame too. My first thought was actually painting a big rectangle around the whole thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a work in progress. I never in a million years thought I would have a pink room! But here we are with all pink :) I just have lots of details to still do, everything else will be white and gold.

@Tacocatmom‌ love this! This is my daughters color scheme as well and I too said "I will never have a pink room"..until my 4 year old picked the color *sigh* but it's actually more of a dusty rose and it's grown on me. I am having a heck of a time finding the perfect bedding for the color scheme though!
  • Crib mattress arrives today & I can't wait to put on the turquoise crib sheet I found -- it matches our fox art perfectly! (Our Keekaroo changer, however, totally clashes. Thank goodness it's across the room!)
    The real nursery is not photo ready, but I'll re-post our nursery idea board. The only different thing so far is that we got a 6-drawer dresser instead of a changing table.

Where did you get all the cute fox stuff? Our nursery is still set up like it was for my first son with baby animals & alphabet theme but thinking about changing it up.
  • I feel like I'm totally slacking! We've painted the walls a peach color, but honestly that's all I've gotten done. A lot of stuff I'm reusing from dd, I have light purple bedding with peach accents. And all the furniture is a natural finish. No real theme just more of a color scheme I guess.
  • cesquer said:

Today's accomplishment: crib painted and assembled!

cesquer said:

Today's accomplishment: crib painted and assembled!

I love your curtains.
  • Loving all of these!

Colors are white, gray, lavender.

Walls are light gray, fan and fixtures are white.

Dresser is white and gray with white hardware looking at some lavender resin flower knobs or crystal knobs but haven't bought them yet.

Cribs on our registry are white too. Crib bedding will be polka dots and chevrons in gray and white, with lavender being the accent color and aiming for Owls, Elephants and some gaming nerd references in art etc.

Debating on doing a paper pom mobile in those colors in the corner over the crib or over the changing table dresser.

Still in search of a rug for the nursery husband really wants it to be purple/lavender and gliders/rockers we're looking at are white and gray.
    photo 2eaeec32-4781-4bd4-a9e0-fe86f486b516.jpg

~~~~For SuzyQ and all our loss moms~~~~

Met: 02.2007 / Engaged: 11.21.2009 / Married: 07.09.2010

EDD: 03.02.2015 / Scheduled Delivery Date: 02.25.2015

• I need wall ideas for a piratey room.
  • @lifeisnot2fear‌

Your curtains! I love them! Where did you get them?
  • Oh wow, all of these nurseries are so amazing! I feel behind since I only have the walls painted in mine :p
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • bmstee03 said:
    I need wall ideas for a piratey room.
    @bmstee03‌ We have a pirate theme for my LO's room- we did porthole mirrors on the wall (DIY for super cheap) and shelves I made from stained wood and rope. I'll add pictures in a little bit! Hobby lobby has a ton of pirate/nautical theme things as well and you can shop online if you don't have one nearby.
  • cesquer said:

Little clouds on the wall. I am getting close! Sorry for sideways pic.

Edit to add that I am in love with @janda426‌ 's nursery and @thetoms‌ curtains are from pottery barn kids. Love.

Super cute! And I love the way the curtains mimic the light fixture!
  • @MrsH288 Really cute! I didn't even notice that the tan stripe needs to be covered. It looks so spot on and intentional. Love the alphabet!
  • Thanks everyone for sharing your beautiful nursery pics! You all have some amazing taste.
    My husband and I are huge procrastinators and your pics helped give me that last little bit of motivation needed to get started.
    We (and by we I mean he) started this morning and somehow managed to get the room painted and the baseboards replaced... While I read him posts from the pregnant fat shaming thread, he enjoyed that. :) lol
    We're team green so we're doing a travel theme. I bought a huge vintage map to hang over the crib. The walls are a soft neutral, "toasted almond." The crib is butter yellow and the rest of the furniture is maple.
    We scored on the paint and got it for $1!! The color we picked somehow managed to be already made that someone never picked up so they hooked up us! Our furniture came from Habitat for Humanity and the crib was fairly inexpensive. We've managed to only spend $300 so far... We're super cheap so this makes me happy. Haha can't wait to share pics when it's all put together. Fingers crossed that's next weekend. I get asked at least once a day of the nursery is ready, I can't wait until I can answer with a big fat YES!
  • We're still waiting on some of the furniture to be delivered & we need to pick up our crib... This is making me feel so behind! You guys are so creative, I love it!
  • I love seeing all your beautiful nurseries! Ours is still the guest room
  • Gah- sometimes I hate the mobil app because it cuts off half of my posts.
  • See, it did it again! Unless my posts are showing up multiple times. So sorry guys!
    Anyhow- our nursery is still the guest room. I loved our sons bedding set so much that I'm reusing it for our daughter. The plan is to do a scatter wall with pretty black and cream frames- some empty, some with mirrors and some with pics of baby girl. I also have some beautiful sketches of Christ holding babies that I love that will be on her walls or on the dresser.
  • edited January 2015
    Finally finished painting the dresser from my childhood and loaded it up with some of the stuffed animals and all of the books my parents brought down! Animals include Max and three wild things from Where the Wild Things Are, Curious George, Babar and Clifford the Big Red Dog. My mom is a retired children's Librarian and these were part of her personal collection.

We also decided on a crib and changing table - classic white Jenny Lind. Baby will probably be here before the crib is, however.

Grr, photo didn't post. Will try again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"