June 2013 Moms

Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! SPAMing All the Wayyyy!!!

Re: Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! SPAMing All the Wayyyy!!!

• FFMC: DH and I never exchange gifts for Christmas, birthdays, anniversary, etc. and I'm very ok with this. Purchasing gifts for an occasion is such a hassle for me. We may actually make an effort this christmas because DS asked last year where our presents were.
    I've tried to push my DH to do this but he insists he likes to get me gifts. 8-|  I don't believe him.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lioness13 said:
    mcbush said:
    Re: gifts oy you ladies get it!!! Yes my H is the same and has no forethought in that area. I wrap up and give my H practcical things, but he doesn't know about them. Maybe he hates it, who knows. Well one year I complained because my stocking had nothing fun in it - no candy no little favorite thing (lip balm, lotion). The next year, I kid you not all that was in my stocking was 2 pounds of mini Reese's candy. And a small token gift in the bottom. But I was so happy! ;) haha it's the little things! I think the bottom line is that we just want someone to think of us the way we go out of our way to think of others.
    Every year, I fill my own stocking.  Because DH never does it.  Ever.  Sigh.  He used to be such a thoughtful gift-giver!
    My Dh is thoughtful but doesn't think about filling my stocking. I fill it myself.
    Confession:  I hang stockings every year but don't put anything in any of them.  Maybe when DD is older.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Loading the player...
  • B started "visiting" the Toddler room today.  Does this mean I have to get 4 holiday presents for his teachers?

Also don't kill me if this has been discussed before but any chance we can unpin the two posts about social groups?  That would keep more current threads on the first page. @asmallwonder

• @notquiteblushing‌ you can dismiss the social group thread yourself. You have to be on a computer to do so though. Should be a little down arrow that you hover over, or something next to the star, I can't remember exactly. Hope that helps you a little bit though :)

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • 7 pages?! I'm just going to take a moment to complain that B's daycare just called and said he has a fever. M and I just got discharged this afternoon. :( here's to hoping it's just a molar.

Anniversary

• I really hope thebump.com isn't blocked at work. It was so hard to keep up with you guys today! I'll be in the office by myself in the morning so I'll need some distractions! Lol
    image imageimageimage
  • I just started a thread about gift from your LO. Forgive me please if I missed posts about that somewhere. I'm drawing a blank.
  • What is this grapefruit reference about?
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • @notquiteblushing Yeah unfortunately, I can't remove stuff bump admins post :-/  So we're all forced to just dismiss them.  I'd done it a long time ago so I didn't even realize they still were showing up for some folks.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Ugh, this stomach virus keeps plaguing poor E. He ate normally yesterday but woke up at 5:30am with a nasty diaper, screaming his head off, and wouldn't go back to sleep. His 18 mo appointment is at 11am -- when I usually put him down for a nap. (When I scheduled it he took naps at 1pm). It's going to be a rough doctor's visit...
    Can you call them and see if you can come in another time today?
    imageimage
  • Let's play everyone's favorite game.... What's that vanity plate??? Today's contestant: RDY1DNUP -- all I see is 1D. As in One Direction. Ready for a 1D prenup?
    Ready 1 down up or Ready wound up? Yeah, neither makes sense....
    imageimage
  • @mcbush‌ That sounds like what P's symptoms were for his ear infection. We caught it at the beginning so he didn't get too bad. He'd never had one before.
  • @heelibrarian‌ Is this your husbands sister? You said step-kids. Do they have full custody of them? If They don't, I wouldn't buy them anything. Especially if they hadn't acknowledged past gifts. But the family gift idea is nice.
  • Grayson had me up at 3:30 this morning.  He's getting sick again.  He had a runny nose last night and woke up coughing this morning.  I am a zombie today but at least I'm the only one in the office right now.  And bumping from a computer is so weird....
    image imageimageimage
  • Thanks @WorkinIt‌ it is hurtful and there is even more behind the scenes crap that I haven't shared with y'all. If I did it literally would be a novel! I really want to go do some retail therapy but it's not in the budget right now so I'm going to sit at home and hope the day gets better. Pity party for one happening right now.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • @riansmommie  Understandable.  That stinks.  Maybe just ignore them and try to focus on being excited for the baby itself.  
  • @Michelin82‌ Replied!

@steamboat123‌ It would be a 3.5 hr drive which, in reality, isn't that bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"