June 2013 Moms

Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! SPAMing All the Wayyyy!!!

lioness13lioness13 member
edited December 2014 in June 2013 Moms
12/8-12/14 SPAM

If you don't get the gif, here's the original : https://youtu.be/-RWzd3Q-Qtg

@ASmallWonder‌ @kdc2007‌ - sticky please
~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
imageimage
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! SPAMing All the Wayyyy!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck, @colieann31!

My kid turned 18 months yesterday.  I just can't believe it.  Apparently, at 18 months, he's also turned into a little monster at times.  He deliberately headbutted me twice yesterday.  WTF, kid?  Where did my sweet little guy go?
    Thanks! And I think we've hit the terrible 2's already. The last few days Grayson has been such a monster.
    image imageimageimage
  • Good luck today @ColieAnn31!

@Michelin82 - LO turned 18 months last week and has been seriously testing boundaries when it comes to hitting.  Lots of hitting this weekend plus walking right up to the cat and giving him swift kick.  It's easy to deal with discipline when he uses objects to hit (just take it away!), but when he's kicking or hitting us or cats, I don't know what to do besides explaining we don't hit, it hurts, and removing us/cats from the situation.  *shrugs*

And re: taking littles to the pediatrician ... LO and DH and I have all had a mild productive cough for nearly a month.  The fact that DH and I are having trouble kicking it too makes me think we're all just passing it around to each other.  I was going to wait out the pediatrician until LO's 18 month appointment next week, but he started having colorful snot yesterday and some super crappy sleep.  If that doesn't clear up in the next couple days, I suppose we'll have to go anyhow.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Regarding hitting, N has been doing it too.  But its still mostly in a playing way -- like, we're playing together while cuddling in bed and she's poking my nose saying "noooooo" (her way of saying nose), and then starts to get too excited and starts hitting my face.  I grab her hand and say "Gentle! gentle..." and show her how to be gentle.  Others talking of discipline makes me wonder if I should start doing more to teach her.... To me, it seems like it's still babyish behavior (for her).  Very rarely has she actually hit someone where I think she hit on purpose and not out of playing/getting too excited.  But I also don't want her to think she can hit when she's excited since that's not ok.

Those that are disciplining now with time outs - do you think your kiddos are hitting purposefully or are they just getting too excited when playing?

• @numbersgirl08‌ we haven't started timeouts, but M was hitting for a time (she's mostly stopped now). It wasn't playful, it would happen more when she was frustrated and being made to do something she didn't want. If she threw a tantrum and H or I was nearby she would give us a smack. I don't know where she picked it up because we don't spank or do anything that resembles hitting, but it was ongoing for a few months. I would just walk away from her tantrum telling her that when she calmed down we would do X. I don't know that anything we did helped. I more think she outgrew it. She's a kid who really has trouble controlling her emotions. I've had to find a balance between helping her work through them but also sometimes walking away to let her work it out herself. We seem to be making progress but it's going to be a struggle for a while.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• @bleachy14 I don't even want to try lol. I was sad he wasted my cereal! He just say they smashing the regular pieces to dust :(.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one with a kid testing boundaries. This weekend was rough. She kept saying "No!" to everything and falling out on the floor. And if she doesn't want something you give her she just throws it hard and far. Then she would tell me she wanted Dada but wouldn't go to him when he was there. She did the same to me sometimes when she was with him. It was very frustrating. When she does something bad I tell her to go sit in a specific spot. That's sort of like a timeout. She was going crazy during naps too. During Saturday's nap after screaming for 10 minutes I spoke through the monitor and told her to sit down. She looked around then sat and fell asleep within 5 minutes.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Someone please tell me that the screaming, crying, whining, clinginess and inability to sleep will go away once the canine teeth poke through. Or will this continue until the teeth have fully emerged?
  • Hugs to all the moms whose dealing with tantrums, hitting, and ornament braking.

J has a thing with pushing my head up as if my chin will go any further. Now throwing things at the television. He hits my mom in the face all the time, sadly they play rough so i have to tell him DONT HIT GRANNY, shes all "leave him alone". A firm no works, but in return he stretches across the floor screaming and crying. I usually ignore him but lately im begging him to come to me. STUBBORN.
    He destroyed one cheap christmas ball ornament but after that lost interest so far.
  • Re:gifts.. MH is predictable he usually get me what I've screamed Ive wanted for months. I do this on purpose. He's good at gifts independently. This year I'm more quiet. we honestly don't have the money for all the things our some that i need. I've tried to focus on the 12 children in our joined family and my 2 adopted residents at work.
    But because he's stuck by my cranky side I've worked out Bears tickets and tailgating for him and his 2 brothers who live oot. He deserves it. Im not expecting anything in return except a smile and occasionally a Earlu Saturday starbucks run ALONE.
  • Well I've survived the first half of the day. All of this is very overwhelming. The old Secretary was there and basically here is this this and this and then left :(
    image imageimageimage
  • @34blondie‌ for your sake I'm hoping they are way wrong on that estimate! That seems like huge jump from M to her. I mean 2nd babies are typically larger, but not by that much!

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • @34blondie I hope the estimates are off for you!

FWP:  I'm done with almost all of my Christmas shopping except for some gift cards but I still want to shop!  DH will kill me if I buy anymore stuff but I keep seeing stuff I want to get for people. 

:((
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Question for you all:  Does your baby (toddler, whatever) get aggressive with themselves when they get angry or upset?  Lily is throwing herself on the floor and then banging her head a few times or hitting herself in the face.  H is actually kind of worried because she will do it anywhere, even when there is concrete.  We have to catch her really quick in those places.  When she does hurt her head a little more than expected, she holds it and says "ow".  Should I be worried?
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @nikel13 - LO bites himself when he gets angry.  It's weird.  I think it's all pretty normal at this age where they're so frustrated at their lack of ability to communicate.

@NaChelleBeck - I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to wait longer!  Hopefully you'll have a quick recovery!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • mcbush said:
    Re: gifts oy you ladies get it!!! Yes my H is the same and has no forethought in that area. I wrap up and give my H practcical things, but he doesn't know about them. Maybe he hates it, who knows. Well one year I complained because my stocking had nothing fun in it - no candy no little favorite thing (lip balm, lotion). The next year, I kid you not all that was in my stocking was 2 pounds of mini Reese's candy. And a small token gift in the bottom. But I was so happy! ;) haha it's the little things! I think the bottom line is that we just want someone to think of us the way we go out of our way to think of others.
    Every year, I fill my own stocking.  Because DH never does it.  Ever.  Sigh.  He used to be such a thoughtful gift-giver!
    My Dh is thoughtful but doesn't think about filling my stocking. I fill it myself.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"