January 2015 Moms

So I'm in real labor this time

Re: So I'm in real labor this time

• Just said a prayer for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck, and T&Ps that everything goes smoothly!
  • Good luck, NL! Hopefully a bed opens up for you soon. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one when she's here!
  • Wow! Good luck with your induction and delivery!
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

• peggels24 said:

Thank you ladies! I'm just waiting on a bed in L&D to open up to get this show on the road.

Wait, where are you now?  In the hospital in a different section, I hope?
    I'm in the triage type area of L&D. It's where they keep people who aren't in labor, but who aren't stable enough to be sent to the high risk perinatal floor. I just checked again with the nurse, and the labor rooms are still full. :(
    The area where I'm located is part of the L&D department, but it's not a specific room that is set up for delivery, as the room is quite small. The labor/delivery rooms are much bigger, has a couch for Dad, a baby warmer, etc. This hospital is known as the baby factory, so they have it down to a science in terms of categorizing everything. :)
  • @naturelovers are you STILL just chillin triage? I hope you're being taken care of.
  • Oh my! Good luck! T&P to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • T&P's your way!
  • @naturelovers I hope it all goes well from here on out! 
  • Good luck! X
  • They just broke my water. Holy shit that was weird! And fluid is still gushing out, I've soaked like 5 towels, lol.
    Ha ha! And that will keep happening! It was so weird the first time they broke my water. I was like... how the heck is there still more in there?! It will keep producing more fluid even after it's broken! :) Good luck NL!!
  • Good luck with everything! How exciting!

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Looking forward to more updates!! 

• Good luck Mama!!
  • Oh my goodness, I am so late to the party!
    Good luck and T&P being sent your way!!

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• NatureLoversNatureLovers member
    edited December 2014

I'll keep y'all updated as long as I feel up to it, and everything stays calm. We're just sitting around playing Scrabble, waiting for my pitocin to arrive.

How's your niece doing? She at the hospital there too? 

No, she's with a neighbor, thank goodness. :) I just spoke with her, she's very excited about the baby.
  • I am also loving the play by play. Enjoy (if you can...) the next few hours - soon you'll have a whole lot more to keep you busy!
  • Thinking of you! Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck with everything! Hopefully this process doesn't drag out very long (like your wait for a room) and everything goes smoothly! Enjoy scrabble while you can :)
  • Good luck, @NatureLovers‌! Hope your delivery is smooth, and can't wait to see pics of your sweet DD! :)
  • Just stopped by the thread to see how everything was going. Good luck and I hope everything is going well!
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pitocin sucks! The epidural is amazing :D hope they place it quickly and you get some relief!
  • I hope you get some relief.
  • Sorry you had to deal with all of the pre e crap leading up to this...and although you arent making it to 37w, it sounds like your babe is doing great. Sending you lots of love and positive vibes for a smooth delivery!
  • @NatureLovers‌ I thought you take baby aspirin? I do too. You can't get an epidural if you do, no anesthesiologist will risk it.

Eta tag

Say what? It's part of my medical records, they've given me the baby aspirin here in the hospital, and all along I've been given the ok for an epi from the doctor and nurses. I will ask the nurse when I see her again. Thanks for the heads up.
  • I would think your platelet count might go into effect when deciding if they can do an epidural, hopefully there wont be any issues.
  • Pitocin is the goddamned devil. The contrax are 3 minutes apart and double peaking. I've asked for the epidural, so they're giving me a bolus of fluids now and calling anesthesia. The baby looks great, which is the important thing.

Pit is the worst. I have to have it every time. :( I was peaking like that the first time I had it too. Hopefully you can get that epi and soon. I was told to stop my baby aspirin at 36 weeks, but I just assumed it was so I would bleed to much post delivery. I've got to hear what your doc says about that.
  • I was thinking, how is this thread still going on? Something must have happened today... apparently so! Good luck!

• I would think your platelet count might go into effect when deciding if they can do an epidural, hopefully there wont be any issues.

If she's double peaking already - she's getting ready to hit transition, probably don't have time to check platelets, let alone get an epidural. 
    ------------quote fail------------

Okay, I'm not going to lie, and please don't laugh. I have NO idea what double peaking is X_X

Edit: going to ask Dr Google

You are not alone! I also have no idea what double peaking means....anyone care to explain??
  • I would hope/assume they've already done a coag study on her, especially if an emergency section is a possibility. 81mg of aspirin is not as big a risk as 325mg, but it will be interesting to see what they decide if her count is fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"