January 2015 Moms

So I'm in real labor this time

Re: So I'm in real labor this time

• Yikes- your doc sounds terrible, I hope you get a new one soon. Sending lots of good thoughts your way!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Good luck! I hope the shift changes soon and you get the best care available.
  • Loading the player...
  • Fx for you and baby
  • Good luck, @NatureLovers‌!
    Hope your little lady stays put for a bit linger, but if she doesn't, you're in the best place for both of you.
  • Geez, good luck! Sending out good vibes that everything will be alright.
  • T&P's your way! Hope all goes well (either stopping it or safely delivering your LO)
  • I'm glad you were finally told to go to the hospital, sorry about your doctor! Good luck and thinking of you.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thoughts and prayers to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • (((Hugs))) Fx'd for no complications.... (I know, too late, right?) But I hope the mag works long enough to get a better doctor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LOL @ Dr. Nick!

I'd like to get snarky with the doctor, but I'm distracted by the back labor, headache, and nausea. The mag has me feeling like I was dropped into a hot bath, with the flu. But it's gotten a little better since the initial 4mg bolus has been toned down to 2mg.

I just lost my mucous plug and am having a bit of bloody show, and the contrax have yet to slow down. Ideally she will stay in for a little while longer, but I know if she has to come out she's far enough along that she'll be okay. However, the current doctor is the one that wanted to pressure me into a vag delivery, because he feels the risks to me are more important than the risks to the baby, so I can't wait for him to go off call so I can get one of the doctors that respects my wishes.

Thanks for all the support J15!
  • Wow that sucks so much and doesn't sound like things are slowing down. Can you advocate for yourself (or have your husband advocate for you) or get a second opinion. I'd at least like to have a clear plan laid out (at what pout they'll stop mag and prep for surgery) and feel like you're entitled to that much! Sorry your Dr is a dick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry that you have to deal with that dickhead of a doctor. FX that everything will go well and as planned.
  • Good luck I hope everything works out for you and your lil one
  • BookitBooBookitBoo member
    edited December 2014
    What will happen if you progress before shift change? When is shift change? I'm so anxious for you

Edited because of fat fingers
  • Good luck!!!
  • BookitBoo said:

What will happen if you progress before shift change? When is shift change? I'm so anxious for you

Edited because of fat fingers

I think it's 7am? I don't know what will happen, I'm trying not to think about it! :) Hopefully the mag will work and she'll stay in for a little while longer.
  • Ahhh! From all the PP I say we punch this doctors lights out through the internet!!! I'm sorry that this pregnancy totally went the negative route but FXed, good vibes and prayers! Hopefully she can at least stay put until a legit doctor comes and respects what YOU want since HELLO you're the one going through all this! It's easy to say sleep it off when nothing's happening to you. Ugh. But anyways! I hope everything works our whether she comes today, tomorrow or in 4 weeks :)
  • Wow sorry your doc is a dick. Best of luck and wishes for you and baby girl
  • Good luck and I am thinking of you!! The magnesium drained the life out of me but it does seem to help a little! I hope that they can slow things down and give your LO some more time on the inside! I know you'll both be fine! T&Ps coming your way!
  • T&P to you and baby! I'm sorry your having such a time dealing with your dr! I'm not sure if this has been asked but could you share some of these concerns with your nurse? Its also your nurses job to advocate for you and make sure your concerns/fears/questions are answered. :-)
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• Oh my gosh, hang in there! Thinking of you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NatureLovers‌

How are you doing? Have you stopped progressing? fX
  • Thinking of you!   Only a few more hours until the new doctor comes in.  I am glad they put you on liquids only.  How has your blood pressure been?  My hospital won't stop labor this far into the pregnancy so maybe they are using the Mag just until you are clear of food for 12 hours?  Hopefully you get more information at 7AM.  Hang in there!  The good news is that even though it is early 35 plus 4 is not terrible although I know you want every day inside for your little one.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your little one.
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • You are one tough bitch to be updating through the mag! FX for you that holds off for a while, but if not that I hope things start to go more smoothly. T&P for you and LO.
  • JoaPata said:

Thinking of you!   Only a few more hours until the new doctor comes in.  I am glad they put you on liquids only.  How has your blood pressure been?  My hospital won't stop labor this far into the pregnancy so maybe they are using the Mag just until you are clear of food for 12 hours?  Hopefully you get more information at 7AM.  Hang in there!  The good news is that even though it is early 35 plus 4 is not terrible although I know you want every day inside for your little one.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your little one.

The highest my BP has been in 151/108, and the lowest is 135/99. I have actually been cleared of food for 12 hours since 10pm, so I don't think that's it. I think it's the agenda of this particular doctor.
  • soon2bejp said:

You are one tough bitch to be updating through the mag! FX for you that holds off for a while, but if not that I hope things start to go more smoothly. T&P for you and LO.

LOL @ tough bitch. The mag isn't too bad once they lowered the dose. I just feel hot and have a headache. I can't sleep between the pain, blood pressure cuff, baby's monitor whooshing away, etc.
  • The mag should also (FX) help your blood pressure. Changing docs should too... ;)
  • Wishing you the best!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So it appears the mag has been effective in halting the contractions. But I take back what I said about it not being that bad. It's given me a pounding headache and body aches. But it's worth it since it's stopped the contrax. I'm assuming they're going to keep me on it for 24 hours, but I won't know for sure until the doctor does rounds.
  • Hope she stays in for as long as possible, and hope u feel better

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • T&P!  Hope you're doing better today!
  • Good luck! My mom was one of the early labor stories with me as well, they stopped it multiple times beginning around 5 or 6 months and I ended up only 3wks early. Hope LO holds off a bit longer for you!

• What a crazy night! Fx everything is ok!! And what a crap doctor! Hope he is gone for a while.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Oh, and the mag has not helped my elevated BP, so we're doing a 24 hour catch now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"