January 2015 Moms

So I'm in real labor this time

Re: So I'm in real labor this time

• Wowsa!  Talk about a roller coaster so far!  At least you got to see the good doctor and she gave you the information you needed.  Hope everything works out spectacular and goes super smooth because goodness knows you deserve to have a smooth ride from here on out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, so that's big news. Does the baby's positioning change anything? Is she still transverse?
  • Wow, that's a lot to take in. I have no idea where my head would be.

Hang in there, NL. I know everything will work out for the best.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• That is crazy!  I'm glad you were seen by a better doctor.  How soon could labor start again after being taken off the mag?
  • Good luck today. I hope you get some rest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dang, updating throughout active labor, on magnesium all night, champ! =D>

I couldn't function on magnesium, let alone being in labor.

• Oh, I thought your baby was transverse?

• MusicFanaticMusicFanatic member
    edited December 2014
    Dang, updating throughout active labor, on magnesium all night, champ! =D> I couldn't function on magnesium, let alone being in labor.
    Me either, that crap made me CRAZY. Like I was drunk.. like weeeee!  Jittery, puking, hot flashes, sweating, headache from hell. Even looking at my phone made it 10x worse.  I do think there are different dosages, though, and I know I had a high one. Sounds like you did, also.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Hang in there momma, you are in good hands and are going to do great!
  • I think you have finally had a good thorough conversation with a doctor who has some damned bedside manner. Rather than just saying "elevated risk" and letting your imagination run wild with that, she explained your options and her recommendation. It seems like you trust her - I'd say go for the vaginal birth if you go into labor again.

For what it's worth, my Mom had really bad fibroids and ended up having a hysterectomy in her 30's because of them. Both my brother and I were born vaginally.

Is baby still transverse? Would that affect a vaginal delivery?

That's exactly it. The ominous sounding "elevated risk", coupled with the worst case scenario of the outcome of a placental abruption gone wrong, had me so scared for the baby's well being that a c-sec just seemed like a no brainer. I can't believe the difference in risk was so small, although admittedly I never looked for stats, I assumed the doc knew what he was telling me. I appreciate the fact that Dr. Parker really took the whole picture into consideration when discussing it with me. None of the other doctors did that, every visit they asked me why I was taking baby aspirin daily. Dr. Parker had me start that from the beginning due to my history of TIA.

• I'm not sure how long the mag could potentially keep labor away, but based on my conversation with the doctor, it didn't sound like it would be very long.

I talked everything over with my hubby, and I've decided to go along with Dr. Parker's recommendation. I really do trust her advice and her judgment. Not going to lie, the thought of delivering vaginally freaks me out since I've not even really entertained the idea so far. Hold me? ;)

The always trusty Dr. Google tells me 24-48 hours. 

You will do great. I know it's not what you planned or expected. It's kind of like the reverse of what many experience. They plan for a vaginal delivery and end up with a c-section. I'd say "you're lucky", but I know it's all relative. Really, though, good luck!!!

That makes sense, as I'm going to be here for the 24 hour urine catch, maybe contrax will pick up again during that time.
  • Now might not be the BEST time to say this, but if you ever have another child, I'd probably go with a different practice. They don't seem to communicate very well, and it sounds like they have very different ideas and philosophies, which I would find very confusing as a patient who is required to see multiple doctors over the course of the pregnancy. 

No kidding. I think that's going to happen when you have 8 doctors and 5 midwives in the practice. I haven't enjoyed being shuffled through providers, none of whom can remember or even get to know you very well. Dr. Parker "knows" me as I have been her GYN patient for the last 8 years.
  • Good luck @NatureLovers‌ Hope you and the LO get a new doc and have a smooth delivery!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you got a good doctor and she actually cares! Some doctors these days are beyond rude and annoying. But still FX that baby girl stays put for a little bit longer.

You're pretty badass to be able to keep us updated! And we appriciate it. Maybe knit a sweater while you push her out to keep you occupied ;) I have no doubt your daughter is gonna do just fine considering the Wonder Woman she has for a momma! Those superhero powers are genetic right?

Haha, thanks. :) I wasn't able to sleep, and I didn't start to feel really crappy until early this morning. The mag has given me hot flashes, a splitting headache, body aches, and blurry vision. It sounds like I didn't react as badly as @MusicFanatic‌ did, luckily.
  • Now might not be the BEST time to say this, but if you ever have another child, I'd probably go with a different practice. They don't seem to communicate very well, and it sounds like they have very different ideas and philosophies, which I would find very confusing as a patient who is required to see multiple doctors over the course of the pregnancy. 

No kidding. I think that's going to happen when you have 8 doctors and 5 midwives in the practice. I haven't enjoyed being shuffled through providers, none of whom can remember or even get to know you very well. Dr. Parker "knows" me as I have been her GYN patient for the last 8 years.
    I had only two practices to choose from - one had 4 doctors and the other had 7 doctors and a CNM. I felt the cohesion and team mentality was far stronger at the bigger practice - the smaller practice was more like 4 private practitioners who shared office space but never communicated. So it's more about office cohesion and communication than size sometimes! Sounds like Dr. Parker might be competent but the others not as much.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Good luck today!! 
  • Wow, catching up on this thread since I didn't bump this weekend. What a whirlwind adventure. Sending you tons of good vibes!
    DS born 1/8/2015
    BFP 1/5/2016   EDD 9/17/2016

• I am glad you had a good conversation with your doctor. Hopefully she stays put a little longer, but, if not, good thoughts for a healthy delivery.

• Wow that's a lot to take in but I'm so glad that you got to speak to a doctor that you trust. FX that everything goes really well for you guys!
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Finding a doctor you are comfortable with and trust is HUGE!  She gave you some things to think about but is still supporting you and whatever you decide.  Sounds like you have found the right one.  
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• So glad that your favorite doctor is on call today, and that you're off mag and can eat!! I can imagine that the thought of vaginal delivery is scary, but you'll be so glad when it's over and you're not having to deal with the csection recovery! Hope the mag is out of your system soon and glad they're keeping an eye on your BP and doing a catch! Thanks for keeping us posted. I kept thinking about you last night when I'd wake up to pee (in a creepy, concerned internet buddy kind of way).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • i'm glad you finally got a doctor who was completely open with you, rather than treating you like a moron and not giving you all the information.  you can do this.  vaginal birth sucks, i'm not going to lie, but then it's over and you have you baby.  plus i didn't have an epidural when i had DS, so that might improve your experience too if you want it.  good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • I hope everything goes well!

BabyFruit Ticker

• longcat07 said:

i'm glad you finally got a doctor who was completely open with you, rather than treating you like a moron and not giving you all the information.  you can do this.  vaginal birth sucks, i'm not going to lie, but then it's over and you have you baby.  plus i didn't have an epidural when i had DS, so that might improve your experience too if you want it.  good luck!

I can't actually visualize pushing the baby out, it just seems too weird! But I guess that's what I'll be doing. My hubby is 100% supportive and just wants whatever I want, so that's good.
  • Good luck @naturelovers, just catching up from not bumping all weekend but my goodness you have had quite a few days! can't wait to see pics of your sweet baby girl :)
  • Good luck! You can do it!!

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • i'm glad you finally got a doctor who was completely open with you, rather than treating you like a moron and not giving you all the information.  you can do this.  vaginal birth sucks, i'm not going to lie, but then it's over and you have you baby.  plus i didn't have an epidural when i had DS, so that might improve your experience too if you want it.  good luck!
    I can't actually visualize pushing the baby out, it just seems too weird! But I guess that's what I'll be doing. My hubby is 100% supportive and just wants whatever I want, so that's good.
    Let me help you visualize that: 

Ha! Thanks for the laugh. If I do deliver soon, at 35 weeks she shouldn't be too big, so I'm hoping it won't be that bad? Fingers (or should I say labia) crossed? ;)
    Won't be any worse for you than it will be for the rest of us. I promise. You can do it! 

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Wow! What a rollarcoaster!  I am sure that it is really hard to wrap your head around such a drastic change in plans when you have been preparing yourself for a c-section all along.  I just wanted to add that I have several large fibroids that were a concern in my first pregnancy because we were not sure how they would respond to the hormones (they grew) and I was able to delivery vaginally with no issues.  I hope everything goes well from here on out!  You deserve a break!!!
  • saiven said:

God, I hope my hair looks that good when I'm in labor.

Thanks! I just had it done on Saturday after not having it touched for 6 months. I looked like Cousin It. He colored it and cut off 6 inches! It's totally a coincidence that it looks that good. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"