June 2013 Moms
Options

I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your SPAM

Re: I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your SPAM

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have grandpa leo and grandma and grandpa D and rah rah. We went in with just grandma and grandpa because of daycare teaching familial relationships and to avoid confusion. But the nicknames have come naturally and are generated by the boys (ty calls my mom rah rah, it's himsrious)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    @WasNotWas‌ Jameson calls his sister Ra Ra :)

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @ColieAnn31‌ I love putting butterscotch chips in my brownies. So delish!

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    My mom insists on granny, it sounds like she's 90. B isn't saying anything yet.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    34blondie said:

Is anyone trying to call your kids by a dumb nickname yet? My SIL tried calling M "Mikey" last year and I seriously threatened her life before realizing what I said. I didn't realize how strongly I would feel about that until it happened. Nothing against the name, but it isn't my son's name!

We picked Grayson because you can't really come up with a nickname for it lol unless you think Gray would make a good nickname. I dislike most nicknames.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @34blondie‌ I'm not a fan of NNs at all, if that was what I wanted my kid to be called that's what they would have been named. My mom tried so hard to call Jameson Little Jam, I had to tell her multiple times to stop because it's not his name. She finally quit. Now she keeps trying to come up with a NN for Brantley and it's so annoying!

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @34blondie I call Arlo "lolo" sometimes and I hate myself for it. It's just hard to find a cute NN from a mom for Arlo. No one else can really think of anything but A-train and Lo which I am fine with.
    Both of my kids names are fairly NN proof.

• Options
    I lied. I occasionally call Grayson G-man.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    NN don't bother me so much. I call A "Addi" which over the past few days, she's been looking at herself in the camera when I take her picture and now says "Addi" which is just the cutest!!!

I don't like shortening names. People sometimes try to call me Cindy and that bothers me so much!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    This wrinkle on my forehead (first one that I have found) is seriously throwing me into an identify crisis. Is there any way I can go somewhere and have young 20-something's tell me how hot I am without it being weird for MH?
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options

We are going to the more local children's museum this AM with E's "BFF".  (Honestly, the kids could take or leave each other but the adults like each other immensely.)

I remember when my son was little and we took him to the Denver children's museum. He wanted to hoard all of the dress up items. He was simultaneously wearing the fireman, police, and doctor costumes. He refused to take them off so we had to sit there and wait for him to get bored, while other parents gave us stink eye. I think afterwards we drowned our sorrows in beer at Root Down, but I could be mixing up that lunch with one we had after the aquarium. Is Root Down still there?

• Options
    Aww, thanks @WorkInIt!  I barely find enough time to cook for DH and I, so I'm not sure I could manage :-P

And I'm really bummed that I missed the juiciest drama last night.

I was doing yard work yesterday afternoon, so caught up on the whoevermama2015 person drama at bedtime.  Which was good enough on its own.  Then I woke up this morning to the rest of it!  Holy cow.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    @wasnotwas You need an ego boost girl?? Come see some clients at the prison with me. They will tell you how hot you are! They won't care about that wrinkle, or if you are 7 months pregnant. Trust me, your ego can't help but be elevated. One time I heard them talking about my butt "dammmmn, that needs to be on a pedestool, look at that thing!" I didn't turn around because honestly, I needed the pick me up.
    Weird question can you wear an underwire bra when you go to the prison? We had a maximum-security prison in my town and The civic class went to go tour the prison every year and all the girls couldn't wear underwire bras. Wondering if this is like a thing? Edit I meant couldn't, (stupid phone) buy my question was answered anyway!
    I think you can wear them if you are visiting a client, but normal visitors, for visiting hours can't. My father mentored a boy who ended up in jail (worst mentor ever obviously) and he got sent closer to where I live so I visited him a few times. I had to take my bra off in the parking lot one time because they wouldn't let me in. I actually finally printed out the handbook before a visit to make sure I had all the rules down, there were SO many! I made homemade cookies once and they threw them in the trash in front of me :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"