June 2013 Moms

I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your SPAM

Re: I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your SPAM

• smpeachey said:

@lioness13 I kind of figured. I am shoe challenged. The party is cocktail but in a mountain town that means something different then it would anywhere else. A little more anything goes, less formal. DH will probably wear dark jeans and a nice button down.

I love the dress! I am not one to change my style for the crowd. I'm more likely to be more dressed up than under dressed. What about a sweater dress? Or flats with that dress like @libberluru‌ suggested?
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Has anyone had whole house speakers installed? Like some type of system that could turn on and off music in different rooms from a central control? I feel like this would be the world's best gift for DH given the extent he take setting up music any time we have guests, but I am 100% clueless about how to make this happen and where to start.
    He literally asks me where I think people may congregate the most every time we have a party. And then if I guess wrong he insists on setting up a new plan mid party in the "it" room. Drives me nuts. Especially since we have a pool so I may not know about rain benign a factor before a party.

• Loading the player...
  • calikat80 said:
    Has anyone had whole house speakers installed? Like some type of system that could turn on and off music in different rooms from a central control? I feel like this would be the world's best gift for DH given the extent he take setting up music any time we have guests, but I am 100% clueless about how to make this happen and where to start. He literally asks me where I think people may congregate the most every time we have a party. And then if I guess wrong he insists on setting up a new plan mid party in the "it" room. Drives me nuts. Especially since we have a pool so I may not know about rain benign a factor before a party.

no, but I'm interested to hear what you learn. I just mentioned to my H that I thought we should do something like this. And I did see it in some of the showhomes my SIL and I visited the last time we were in the city. There was an iPod dock in the wall by the kitchen with a control panel, so you could play it on different speakers. Best idea ever.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• @calikat80 - I wish I could help. The house we bought has whole house speakers, but we haven't had anyone come show us how to set it up.

Anniversary

• @calikat80‌ I personally have not but when we built our house they put a tube in our walls and they said that it could be used in the future to make wiring easy if we did choose to run a speaker system throughout our house. Apparently it is very, very expensive to run wires once a house is built unless you prep for it beforehand.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • And I know it's all FWP.  I just can't shake the grumps right now.

I'm having this problem right now. Alex isn't doing anything in particular but I am just getting annoyed with him. :(
    image imageimageimage
  • @calikat80‌ I thought you were thinking of like an intercom/speaker system.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @subliminalrabbit‌ - Glad you have something to look forward to and it's soon. Your inlaws sound awesome!

Feeling stuck in the house sucks. Can you get out and about around your neighborhood or another area where you can walk on flat ground tomorrow?
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Could you just get a few wireless speakers that connect with Bluetooth? Not a speaker person, but we have a jambox. It's pretty decent. Also one of our favorite features in our 1960's house is the radio/ speakers. They are in every room

I'm open to really any options, I just don't want to cut corners or have kind of a half baked solution. DH is super picky in terms of music sound and quality. I will look into this thing you call a jambox.

• KJ woke up screaming and crying around 4am. She stood up and screamed for a minute or two then settled down and went back to sleep. I hate when she has nightmares :(
    imageimage
  • wren1212 said:

lioness13 said:

KJ woke up screaming and crying around 4am. She stood up and screamed for a minute or two then settled down and went back to sleep. I hate when she has nightmares :(

This happens to us too and it's so sad.  Usually my heart is racing so much from waking up to her screaming that I have a hard time falling asleep after.  Poor babies.

Yeah, my heart was racing. I just wanted to run to her and hold her. I had a hard time falling back to sleep.
    imageimage
  • Why are we all in such a funk?! I can't get motivated to do anything, I'm picking fights with H for no real reason...can anyone suggest a good reset?
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • @heelibrarian That sucks. Using credit is not the end of the world as long as you have an action plan to pay it off. If you usually have a little left over each month that you could use to pay of a small debt I would not stress and try to enjoy the trip.

@candynicole26 I'm sorry you are filling down. praying that everything works out for your family.

• Thank you @calikat80‌, @CL8badB‌ , @heelibrarian‌, @babygmommy i hope im not forgetting anyone. ((Hugs)) to all the moms and los that need them.
    Its good but not in a good way, if that makes since, to see that were not the only ones in this situation. My H family live in IA so we will be driving down for thanksgiving and then back home the next am because i have to work. Im hoping to keep it calm.
    On the bright side i guess, my H got a second overnight job. This mean more income but he will be away all and wont be able to drop off lo to daycare, which h helps me get to work on time. I know we have to make sacrifices.
    I cried a good silent cry in the bed before my H got to bed and I feeling much better.

• Thanks @momofacat.. can i just say im used to reading the names but when i came to responding i had to write down the names of some moms...
    My phone need a auto for your lovely names. Happy Tuesday.
  • I know I'm late circling back on this but not going out to eat with the kids isn't a big deal for us.  If I'm going to spend the money to eat out, it's going to be with DH.  Peacefully lol  I can't get on board with shit like paying $9.95 for a bowl of Easy Mac for the kids, kwim?

This is why Grayson and I usually share something :P I can never eat a full meal and neither can he!
    image imageimageimage
  • WasNotWas said:

Why are we all in such a funk?! I can't get motivated to do anything, I'm picking fights with H for no real reason...can anyone suggest a good reset?

PMS for me :(
    image imageimageimage
  • We're having financial issues too. Well not necessarily Alex and I but my mom still hasn't been able to find a job and my dad has been really sick and hasn't been able to work so Alex and I have been trying to help out financially where we can. My dad's drinking caught up to him and his liver is shutting down. I haven't said anything to you guys because I'm still trying to process everything. He needs a liver transplant asap but has to complete therapy before they'll put him on a donor list. I want to be sad that this is happening but I'm pissed at him for letting it get this bad. He was told a couple years ago he needed to stop drinking when he got sick the first time. Was sober for a couple of months and then started drinking again. I should feel sad but I just can't. He did this to himself. And I'm also mad that there is a chance my dad won't be around to walk me down the aisle when I get married. There are so many emotions that I haven't been able to process. Sorry to bring things down but it was time I got that off my chest :(
    image imageimageimage
  • @ColieAnn31 I'm so sorry.  I can 100% see why you have mixed emotions.  My dad is also a drinker and it is causing health problems.  It's hard to be sad and angry at the same time :(

Thanks. It's been very difficult for all of us. And the financial problems just make it even worse.
    image imageimageimage
  • @mcbush‌ thanks. It's hard for us to talk about our feelings because it's just not something we've ever done. I've kind of talked to my mom but who knows if she's said anything to him.
    image imageimageimage
  • @ASmallWonder‌ we don't go out to eat often, mostly because we live in a small town. Our options are pretty limited and it seems like a waste when I can make a meal I like better at home. One thing I did do though was when Boston Pizza was running a fundraiser (can't even remember what for) they were selling gift cards worth 5 Kids Meals for $5. Paying $1 even if she only eats a few bites of Mac and cheese or whatever is nbd imo. Also, there's a few places in Jasper and Edmonton (the only places we go on a regular basis) where kids under a certain age eat free. And they aren't divey places either, the ones I choose from are usually really nice, but still family friendly. It varies place to place, but at 17 months M is under the age everywhere we go.

• daffy2kdaffy2k member
    edited November 2014
    @ColieAnn31‌ I am so sorry dear! Big hugs!

• WorkinIt said:

@WasNotWas‌ this may sound ridiculous but sometimes when I'm in a funk I take it out on my house. I end up cleaning everything really well and organizing clutter. If that doesn't work @mcbush‌ is probably right.

This is a great idea. Maybe I need to get to work cleaning! Lol but Grayson actually wants me to hold him this morning and watch cartoons :)
    image imageimageimage
  • @megsw85‌ Kids eat free at East Side Mario's on Mondays (I can't remember if there still is one on the west end...) and at Montana's on Tuesdays. If you got one of those cards from BP's (they might still be selling them) there is a Boston Pizza on Bourbon St in the mall. Jungle Jim's is also on Bourbon St, kids eat free on Tuesday's. I haven't been in a long time but they used to have really awesome veggie burgers and Jungle Sized Caesars that got you just drunk enough that you couldn't remember what your New Years Eve dress looked like by the time you got home,haha. A personal favourite of ours is Famoso. It's attached to the mall, but the entrance is outside. Laid back pizzeria, really great food (the Famoso salad is to die for. We usually order a pizza to share and then share the salad too). Kids don't eat free, but M just has a piece of our pizza and some bites from the salad. I could go on raving about the place, but you have to try it for yourself. It's awesome.

• Hugs @colieann31.  I feel constant funk, being able to get some yard work done last weekend was a little motivating.  I definitely have to find things that have been on my mind and complete, or do dishes and finally put away clothes to be in less a funk.  Good music helps me start that!
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"