July 2013 Moms

Spic and Spam (Wed)

Re: Spic and Spam (Wed)

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck @saphires!

@Missymr That photo is adorable!! What a frickin cutey!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KKinATX said:
    @Altima80‌ This convo just happened and I immediately thought of you! Back story: our DC does periodic parents night outs and they just announced one for this Saturday 8/2 that I signed the kids up for. It just so happens our anniversary is next week on 8/6. DH is pretty funny.
    LOL, Love it!! :) It's funny too because we have PNO and live by a Fogo and Ruth's...are you in KC by any chance?

I will look back at your reply to me in the thread from yesterday. :)
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Holy moly. What is with crazy busy threads on Wednesday?! I have so much to catch up on. Picture my hands out weighing "catch up on spam or get ready for her birthday dinner?" decisions decisions.

It would be wrong to turn the tv on for the older two so I can read spam, right? ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I picked him up and he went back to sleep. I'd post a cute pic but can't... maybe later, stupid bump.
  • I'm dying to know more details about the off-board that's been created according to my poll lol

Me too! How did the shots go?
  • @HannahAlex‌ We're trying....

@ramy3695‌ It is. :-<
  • @Altima80‌ I totally thought that I would nurse through pregnancy, or at least until after C's birthday, but wasn't sure about tandem.

I just couldn't do it though. It wasn't painful, but it was horribly unpleasant sensation. Hard to describe, but I just felt like "getitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoff get it off" the whole time and had to fight the urge to slap him away.

I think it was my body's way of telling me that I should stop and that I needed to use my resources for the new baby instead.
    I would alway nurse C when he asked, but I would stop him when he stopped actually eating and was just comfort nursing because I couldn't take it any longer. That led to my supply dropping and so shorter and shorter sessions, so he stopped asking as frequently. When I noticed my supply dropping I started a bottle of formula at bed and nap time.
    It was actually great because the bottle broke his nurse to sleep associations and is a huge part of what made him such a better sleeper.

I experienced this when nursing DD (child 2) when pregnant with DD2 (child 3). I had not experienced this when nursing and pregnant between 1 and 2 so I felt horrible. It took all my self control not to toss her off of me :( I finally did some googling and found lots of mom's had experienced this sensation. That made me feel better about it. I feel bad because I literally don't remember the last time she nursed. At all. I would try tandem if LO didn't wean before a new baby.

• KikiCohenKikiCohen member
    edited July 2014
    KikiCohen said:
    @HannahAlex‌ We're trying.... @ramy3695‌ It is. :-<

@KikiCohen‌ >:D< I know. I'm sorry if that came off mean. I was more laughing at the crazy of all three of them seeming to copy each other, as you predicted. Don't worry, your future lo will be soo much cooler. :)
    Nah it's cool. I knew what you meant :) 

ETA: I just don't want to be lumped in with their competition, KWIM?
  • haddocky said:

I'm dying to know more details about the off-board that's been created according to my poll lol

Me too! How did the shots go?
    They're in two hours. I'm scared. We took the train to a restaurant where the is brought to your table on a little moving train and took the train back home and it was the cutest thing ever. Now the kids are napping and I need to work on a report but the bump is distracting me lol
    Two toots? Which location? We have been talking about doing this with the kids. Although we have one without riding the train.

How are the kids' lungs? How was your eval/ Interesting?

• Writing out reminder cards at work. These people live on Peaceful Trail. I want to live there. Haha.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • atlvolatlvol member
    I missed something too! @etoille

I planned our mini vacation at work today. I didn't do much actual working. :) 

• KikiCohen said:

KikiCohen said:

@HannahAlex‌ We're trying....

@ramy3695‌ It is. :-<

@KikiCohen‌ >:D< I know. I'm sorry if that came off mean. I was more laughing at the crazy of all three of them seeming to copy each other, as you predicted. Don't worry, your future lo will be soo much cooler. :)

Nah it's cool. I knew what you meant :) 

ETA: I just don't want to be lumped in with their competition, KWIM?

That's why I was making the joke. Glad we're on the same page. :)

I'm a natural blonde. Don't tell anyone ;)
  • DH and I got into a huge fight. I can't say anything without him yelling at me. I am struggling and he is making it all out to be about him. I want to leave him but I just can't. It all started because I asked for a couple hours alone each week.
  • DH and I got into a huge fight. I can't say anything without him yelling at me. I am struggling and he is making it all out to be about him. I want to leave him but I just can't. It all started because I asked for a couple hours alone each week.
    so sorry to hear that! Is this an ongoing thing or just lately? Have you suggested counseling? Huge hugs!
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

so sorry to hear that! Is this an ongoing thing or just lately? Have you suggested counseling? Huge hugs!
    This is been going on about six months ever since we fought about him having more free time than me. And I asked for more time off. Have not really gotten any yet. I take DD everywhere and to all her events. He has taken her nowhere. The thing is I know he is not busy or anything since he works from home. But he tells me he is 'always working'.
  • MRadsMRads member

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • @Altima80‌ That would be funny if we lived in the same city! We live in Austin, TX. That's where the ATX in my sn comes from.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

• I'm sorry @squirmworms >:D<

Its really hard juggling a marriage and a little one.  I hope you guys can work it out
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • @squirmworms >:D< I'm sorry. It is really hard to make some men realize they aren't always working and that they need to do more/give you a break. I second the idea of counseling - I know it can be hard to get him to go, but if you do maybe a third party can make him see what the rest of us know. Could you hire a sitter for a few hours a week? If he complains tell him he is welcome to do the child care during that time if he prefers but otherwise you have a right to some time and that seems to be the only way to get it?

*hugs* really sorry. PM me if you ever need to vent/chat. I've dealt with similar.

• MRadsMRads member
    And @haddocky‌ he is simply adorable!

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • haddocky said:

For anyone who needs a chuckle.

Adorable! Also, Darn, we were posting simultaneously. I would have just added my photos here.

Here is a giggly face one.

• A girl asked me if I was pregnant today. Not a little kid. Probably a teenager or early twenties. Whatever.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"