July 2013 Moms

Spic and Spam (Wed)

Re: Spic and Spam (Wed)

• Kitten80 said:
    So LO decided to celebrate her birthday by getting up at 530 am. After being up from 1 45 - 230. Luckily, DH came up to see her (he could hear her) and played with her for awhile and then got her back to sleep. :-< so very very this today. Hoping DD gets in the water for swim lessons again today. I am just too tired for the big production that it has been. I wish I liked ~O) Will have to catch up on everyone after lessons. We are meeting IL'S for dinner since they happen to not be at the lake. Since it is LO's day, I told DH we have to go somewhere she can eat. Sweet Tomatoes? I have to figure it out this morning. Happy Hump Day, all!
    @Kitten80 happy bday to your LO! we went for dinner on Sunday to a pancake place (Dutch have pancakes for dinner) because LO could eat pancakes right? wrong! he didn't even taste them and ended up super hungry anyways... so I'd take a plan B menu for her just in case 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Loading the player...
  • @casey78 @pinl724 I want cuddles with LO too! He has been pushing me away for the last 6 months... he is ineterested only in boobs  :((
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Thanks @casey78 everything is fine was just crazy busy with birthday party fun. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mermomo5 said:
    mermomo5 said:
    mermomo5 said:
    UO? I think sometimes there's some over "refereeing" going on.  We are adults, not children, if someone wants to duke it out let them.  There was no reason to close that second thread IMO.  It seems like the minute someone gets their feelings hurt or it starts to get a little headed one must close the thread! It's silly. 
    To a point but I also think if left open it would escalate. I also think not all adults always act like adults in the heat of the moment. I try to think of the person who is getting piled on. I think if any of us were the one getting, let's say flamed it wouldn't be so funny.
    Incorrect.  I've taken my lumps.  Guess what... none of those threads were ever closed for me, they were closed for the proverbial "attackers".  I know this because there were a few mud slingers because I was the one who had the differing opinion from the "group at large" therefore I was being viewed as the "attacker" even though I never said anything remotely disrespectful.  So, no sympathy from me.  Pull up the BG panties and deal.  This isn't baby center. 

ETA: Bolded for clarity. 
    Carrie I'm not going to fight with you but I disagree. I'm also not the mod and don't have to deal with the bs she does so I can't pick what gets shut down. I have zero issue with someone being put in their place but for 20 people to keep stressing the point, it's too much.
    Disagreeing and talking about it even if it gets heated to a point is not fighting.  I think that gets confused around here a lot. 

I wasn't fighting with you either, but you seemed to think I was.  See... I was just pointing out my disagreement with your bolded point.  That's not fighting Mer. 
    Yes, Carrie I understand that. I should have said I disagree and moved on. I do disagree. No need to bold, my grammar may suck but I can read.
    What?! I bolded your original statement to show you which part of your comment I was discussing in my post.  I never said you couldn't read.  I know you can read, and I never make comments on your grammar. Where did that come from?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @simone711 nice and super nice!

• Haddock didn't sleep well last night. I guess because of the shots he got yesterday, but he seems just fine today and I hope tonight is better :) 

I haven't been to the gym since Friday and I'm feeling super unmotivated but I'm making myself go right now! I have been walking in the mornings with LO but it just doesn't seem like enough, blah. I need to stop being so tough on myself. 
  • @KikiCohen‌ I would enter the first temp and note the second one.
  • haddocky said:
    Haddock didn't sleep well last night. I guess because of the shots he got yesterday, but he seems just fine today and I hope tonight is better :) 

I haven't been to the gym since Friday and I'm feeling super unmotivated but I'm making myself go right now! I have been walking in the mornings with LO but it just doesn't seem like enough, blah. I need to stop being so tough on myself. 
    I know how you feel about the gym, we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves. I haven't been since Thursday and have been inhaling Oreos.. Why are they soooo goood?  Was going to go this morning but LO decided he wanted to party at 3:30 and was too tired when my alarm went off at 5. 

• casey78 said:
    Have you seen this yet? https://youtu.be/ebrc-vLj-S8
    Ha, I saw this yesterday and cracked up! I can totally see Corri having a meltdown like this over Gavin!
  • Mentally preparing for month end reports..... and getting ready to have a discussion with an employee who tried to put a hotel bill on her expense report then I clearly told her that we would not pay for a hotel for her training! Urgh. Dumb people!

I would definitely love a Starbucks right now!

• 3 Pages at 7am. Good morning happy hump day. @mermomo5‌ I love summer vacation for about 2weeks then I can't wait for school so I don't dream of locking my older ones in closet. I hate when they throw out I am bored. PlayStation, Wii, bikes, cell phones, skates, legos, swimming and that is not even close to everything. My 11 year got mad he had to do some kind of chore everyday.

• I also have more luck with just using my browser for tb. Its still glitch but its better. 

It looks like this 3 am and stuck in the bathroom thing might be my new norm for awhile. I may have told DH that I was an idiot for wanting to be pregnant again because I forgot how much this part truly sucks. 

And one more piece of spam, we got one of those duckies for the bath that's supposed to tell you if the water is too hot and it's defective. It says hot any time it gets wet. 
    I'm still traumatized by the first tri, I would do labor five times over in exchange for the hell of MS.

We have an octopus that tells you the water is too hot over 100 degrees. The water he was born into was 101. It also reads "ideal" for anything between 90-100. A 90 degree bath would be chilly.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Yes, @dragonmom35, big congratulations!! :-)

Well, I just got home from my liver MRI. They used the contrast stuff and said to pump and dump for 24 hours. Pffffffft!!! I don't pump anymore! Yay!!! Not about to pull that thing out. I won't nurse again until 7pm tonight and I'm sure it'll be fine to do so.

Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday!
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • And when the mod tells people to stop and they don't the thread is going to be closed.
    the point was the following, the TOU is stupid here anymore.  Every time someone cries foul or things may toe the line of "heated" they go away.  It's ridiculous.  If one cannot take the heat one should not dish it out (that's not at you just in general). 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• And when the mod tells people to stop and they don't the thread is going to be closed.

8-|

But name calling is totes fine.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • People were told to stop and did not and the new TOU were broken. Don't like how I mod? Take your concerns to BJ or stop coming around altogether. Same goes for not liking the new TOU. I done discussing my mod decisions with you guys. I am sorry if you feel I have been unfair about it. I have tried to be as even about it as I can. I also try to let as much as I can go, but lines were crossed yesterday whether you think no so or not.
    Slow your roll champ. I believe I specifically blamed the TOU not you.  So, maybe before you tell me to GTFO you should sit back sip on some wine and chill a bit.  I did go away for quite some time, I can do that again, but I'd rather not.  

I actually said, I am not saying it's the mods I'm saying it's the TOU.  So no, not a problem with how you mod, and no I'm not going to go cry to BJ, I'm just making the observation that the TOU changes have made this place suck a little... that's all... Wow... Really.

• @enchanted did you write the TOU?  No?  Then why so friggin butthurt over people bitching about how the TOU have turned this place into a freaking daycare?

• casey78 said:
    @dragonmom35.  I don't know if I got to tell you properly -- congratulations!
    Ditto.  By the time I got back home yesterday, the one thread was closed and wasn't long before the other one was.  Congrats :)
  • Team @carrie3102. I'm a BG. I've taken my pistol whippings.
    I see what you did there. 

Knew you would

Sorry, gals. I'm in a giffy mood today.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • @Carrie3102, if you weren't talking about how I modded, then that part wasn't directed at you, was it? However, in the past and the present, people have bitched about how I did my job, especially thread closing, though I've closed only six or seven since becoming mod. So no, no roll slowing here. 

@econmama, "Fuck you" is a TOU violation (and what I got reamed for the most in my post the other day, despite calling that person trash. See? Mods catch hell, too.) Etoille's whole post in which she said no one on this board like dragonmom falls under the malicious clause. Everyone dog piling on that does as well, especially since dragonmom did not start that post at all and everyone decided to dump on her. The second thread was closed because after telling everyone to stop in the one, they carried it over to the other. I did not have time to babysit yesterday. Maybe that thread didn't need closing, but seeing as it looked to go much like the first, it was.

@sparkymcgeee, if you're referring to my post the other day where I called someone names, yes, it does violate the TOU. I knew that going in and still said my piece. I was fine with getting in trouble or even getting banned over it and I would do it again. I got my ass handed to me over that by one of the BGs. I should have. I would still do it again and if the ban hammer falls, so be it.
    I wasn't. 

Meimsx no more
  • @Carrie3102, if you weren't talking about how I modded, then that part wasn't directed at you, was it? However, in the past and the present, people have bitched about how I did my job, especially thread closing, though I've closed only six or seven since becoming mod. So no, no roll slowing here. 

@econmama, "Fuck you" is a TOU violation (and what I got reamed for the most in my post the other day, despite calling that person trash. See? Mods catch hell, too.) Etoille's whole post in which she said no one on this board like dragonmom falls under the malicious clause. Everyone dog piling on that does as well, especially since dragonmom did not start that post at all and everyone decided to dump on her. The second thread was closed because after telling everyone to stop in the one, they carried it over to the other. I did not have time to babysit yesterday. Maybe that thread didn't need closing, but seeing as it looked to go much like the first, it was.

@sparkymcgeee, if you're referring to my post the other day where I called someone names, yes, it does violate the TOU. I knew that going in and still said my piece. I was fine with getting in trouble or even getting banned over it and I would do it again. I got my ass handed to me over that by one of the BGs, though again, the "Fuck. You." was what was railed against the most. I should have gotten in trouble. I would still do it again and if the ban hammer falls, so be it.
    Please tell me then, who it was directed at? Because I'm fairly certain nobody in this thread said a damn thing about anybody's modding capabilities.

The whole conversation was directed at the point that the Terms of Use are crap anymore. That entire comment is completely irrelevant because of the points I mentioned above.

• The truly sad part about all of this is that if it hadn't been a constant barrage of posts regarding lauren's maybe baby in the last several weeks we would have all been happy for her congratulated her and none of this would have happened. I'm genuinely excited and happy for everyone when they get a much desired BFP. It was just such a one track mind and I didn't think the board was being contributed to in any other fashion. And for someone to notice that who has been MIA is saying a lot I think. 

Meimsx no more
  • Good morning ladies. Looks like not much has changed on J13. In typical fashion I have nothing new to add. 1st appt today. Stopped nursing last week.
    Did you stop nursing because supply go low due to pregnancy? Did LO self ween? I'm curious because I might TTC (as soon as period comes back!) but not sure what is going to happen with nursing. (Only nurse twice a day.)

Good luck at your first appointment! I can't believe it's only your first...seems like you've been pg for awhile now. :) How are you feeling?
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • @dragonmom35 Do you nurse? I can't remember? If so, would you entertain the idea of tandem nursing? I never thought I would, and might never get the opportunity, but I'm fasinated with peeps that can make it work! :)
  • @Altima80‌ I totally thought that I would nurse through pregnancy, or at least until after C's birthday, but wasn't sure about tandem.

I just couldn't do it though. It wasn't painful, but it was horribly unpleasant sensation. Hard to describe, but I just felt like "getitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoffgetitoff get it off" the whole time and had to fight the urge to slap him away.

I think it was my body's way of telling me that I should stop and that I needed to use my resources for the new baby instead.
    I would alway nurse C when he asked, but I would stop him when he stopped actually eating and was just comfort nursing because I couldn't take it any longer. That led to my supply dropping and so shorter and shorter sessions, so he stopped asking as frequently. When I noticed my supply dropping I started a bottle of formula at bed and nap time.
    It was actually great because the bottle broke his nurse to sleep associations and is a huge part of what made him such a better sleeper.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"