July 2013 Moms

Spic and Spam (Wed)

Keep it clean ladies so our Mod doesn't have to ref again today ;)

Kitchen is mostly clean and some decorations made (not that I suppose she will know but my 5 year old was excited). Speaking of said 5 year old, he just finally fell asleep at 1 am. :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spic and Spam (Wed)

• @Alicia0817. I'm sorry you won't be able to fall back asleep. I would be annoyed - sleep is precious. I'm afraid the minute I get to sleep, LO will wake up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Audrey1787 >:D<  nausea is another reason why I am not ready for TTC again... sleep deprivation is the winner of course, but nause can lead to sleep deprivation too... so it's a very close second :( I hope you feel better soon, eat crackers, don't drink too much in one time but stay as hydrated as possible, only that helped me!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• @Clyde013 nice start of the day! It has been ages since I've been able to exercise  :((
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• @Audrey1787‌ sorry you're feeling sick.. that's the worst
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • I am on the browser but I like the app better :((

Bonus: 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @dliz87 I'm right there with you, I hate it that they don't stay rolled up so when I do use them I also commute in heels, then when I get home I swear never to do it again, 3 weeks later I do it again... rinse & repeat 

• @Audrey1787‌ We have the window shaded for the car and they always say it's too hot unless it's like 30 degrees.
  • Any charting/temp experts?  I'm going to post this on TTGP later, but figured I'd try you ladies too.

Since we've been in teething hell, I basically try to take my temp as long as I've had three hours of sleep.  Last cycle, it worked fine and I still saw the appropriate temp rise.  Last night, P woke up at 2:30 and I took my temp and entered it on my phone.  After I got him back down, I went back to sleep and took it again when I woke up at 6.  I didn't realize that I had already taken it till I saw that there was a temp already in my phone.  So which temp do I use?  They're pretty different and the second temp is typically a post O temp for me.  

FWIW- I had more sleep with the first temp.  The second temp is closer to the "normal" temp time for me.  I haven't had a positive OPK yet and I test twice a day, so I'm all confused.
  • fabkfabk member
    Morning Ladies!
    So my MIL keeps calling herself Mom when playing with Mom. We told her not to do this back when we got Remy.
    I have asked her not to do this with Alex a fee months ago. Yet she still does it, just adds at the end, " I mean Grandma".

Yesterday she went so far as to refer to me as Grandma.
    We have wondered a couple of times about her memory. Now I don't know whether to be pissed or worried.
  • mermomo5 said:
    UO? I think sometimes there's some over "refereeing" going on.  We are adults, not children, if someone wants to duke it out let them.  There was no reason to close that second thread IMO.  It seems like the minute someone gets their feelings hurt or it starts to get a little headed one must close the thread! It's silly. 
    To a point but I also think if left open it would escalate. I also think not all adults always act like adults in the heat of the moment. I try to think of the person who is getting piled on. I think if any of us were the one getting, let's say flamed it wouldn't be so funny.
    Incorrect.  I've taken my lumps.  Guess what... none of those threads were ever closed for me, they were closed for the proverbial "attackers".  I know this because there were a few mud slingers because I was the one who had the differing opinion from the "group at large" therefore I was being viewed as the "attacker" even though I never said anything remotely disrespectful.  So, no sympathy from me.  Pull up the BG panties and deal.  This isn't baby center. 

ETA: Bolded for clarity. 
    --------------------- I've taken quite a few punches here as well over the last year with no interference. I'm not upset about that, though, I can handle whatever comes my way. But I was thinking yesterday that there have also been others who have gotten piled on with no interference- @cdumovich @darladumo comes to mind as a recent one. That said, I believe the rules on TB have changed so there's more refereeing in an attempt to prevent flaming turning into personal attacks. I've noticed more threads being closed across the board on various other groups I have lurked or participated in.
    I guess it is more an attack on the rule change not the mods... I think the change in TOU were ridiculous and stupid.  And seeing that the line doesn't even really get crossed and threads get closed because no one can even toe the line is overkill.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• mermomo5 said:
    mermomo5 said:
    UO? I think sometimes there's some over "refereeing" going on.  We are adults, not children, if someone wants to duke it out let them.  There was no reason to close that second thread IMO.  It seems like the minute someone gets their feelings hurt or it starts to get a little headed one must close the thread! It's silly. 
    To a point but I also think if left open it would escalate. I also think not all adults always act like adults in the heat of the moment. I try to think of the person who is getting piled on. I think if any of us were the one getting, let's say flamed it wouldn't be so funny.
    Incorrect.  I've taken my lumps.  Guess what... none of those threads were ever closed for me, they were closed for the proverbial "attackers".  I know this because there were a few mud slingers because I was the one who had the differing opinion from the "group at large" therefore I was being viewed as the "attacker" even though I never said anything remotely disrespectful.  So, no sympathy from me.  Pull up the BG panties and deal.  This isn't baby center. 

ETA: Bolded for clarity. 
    Carrie I'm not going to fight with you but I disagree. I'm also not the mod and don't have to deal with the bs she does so I can't pick what gets shut down. I have zero issue with someone being put in their place but for 20 people to keep stressing the point, it's too much.
    Disagreeing and talking about it even if it gets heated to a point is not fighting.  I think that gets confused around here a lot. 

I wasn't fighting with you either, but you seemed to think I was.  See... I was just pointing out my disagreement with your bolded point.  That's not fighting Mer. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gutsymama Yeah, "ideally" you should temp at the same time every day and after about four hours of sleep.  Impossible with our current teething status lol  Good call about noting the other temp!  

@casey78 Yes, yes... all the sex ;)
  • @Casey78 heart melted. 

• Sitting at the midwife's office after drinking the glucose drink. It didn't taste bad, but left the grossest aftertaste in my mouth, and now I really want to eat some crackers or something to get rid of it. :-&
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• fabk said:
    Morning Ladies! So my MIL keeps calling herself Mom when playing with Mom. We told her not to do this back when we got Remy. I have asked her not to do this with Alex a fee months ago. Yet she still does it, just adds at the end, " I mean Grandma". Yesterday she went so far as to refer to me as Grandma. We have wondered a couple of times about her memory. Now I don't know whether to be pissed or worried.
    @fabk this is just borderline weird! MIL sometimes says to me "your LO" refering to DH instead of LO but that at least makes sense because he is her own LO after all lol I can't picture a reason why she would call herself 'mom' in front of LO  8-}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"