June 2014 Moms
Options

**Wed 5/28 Random/AW/SS thread**

Re: **Wed 5/28 Random/AW/SS thread**

• Options
    LilNunz1 said:
    Just got an email that the 3rd season of Sherlock is on Netflix. Best day ever!
    Thank you for posting this! DH and I missed the last episode of season three when it was on PBS. I know what we will be doing tonight! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JujuB22 said:
    I have even weirder dreams PP. I dreamt that I was pregnant with our 3rd and when into full on labor at a random birth center I read about in a magazine. It was just me, my mom, and the midwife and I got to 7 cm and decided it was too painful and I didn't want to do it anymore. So I sent DF to do it instead while I went to the mall. I eventually met him at Arby's where I saw him showing off our new baby that was a little boy named John Luke. Crazy town..
    Still pregnant, but just had a dream that DH somehow impregnated himself. He was in the first tri and complaining he was tired. Sooooooooo damn weird!
    In between late night feedings I dreamt that I was drowning and Johnny Depp was throwing newborn clothes at me from the back of a boat, and I was using the clothes to keep afloat.
    Last night I had a dream that I had to break DW out of a large egg, I broke the top and it started bleeding and then she was just out and we were fine. I seriously can't remember any other context of that dream lol. 

• Options

We started cloth diapers today :-)

We did last night! I love it! Only one fits the girls right now though. I ordered more preemie covers last night after 3 dirty diapers in the course of an hour. Dear god babies poop a lot.

What are you using for your newbie?

• Options
    Bozzy2Bozzy2 member
    My rat ate my pillow. :(
  • Options
    Bozzy2Bozzy2 member
    Bozzy2 said:
    My rat ate my pillow. :(

LOL!  This sounds like code for something! But... I'm guessing it's not.  Sorry 'bout your pillow. :(

Nope not code my pillow somehow got hit into his cage while my DH was sleeping and I was watching movies in the other room. 
  • Options

MommyP710 said:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hM1nbhMgtc0/U4x36n0EgyI/AAAAAAAAHos/X2OkWQQ7FuU/w506-h750/IMAG0333-MOTION.gif

Here is Max and his buddy Ben who wants to hold his hand :) They are 3 months apart.

Oh my goodness, I didn't know we were going to get a gif when we clicked on that link!  Holy cuteness!!!!!! 

It is something Google is doing now! They sent the link to my husband who had taken several back to back pictures. It was a cute moment to capture :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Doing a serious happy dance over here because I'm GBS negative!! Woohoo!! Ok baby anytime you want to come out I'm ready!

Congrats Strawberry! If I recall correctly you really didn't want to do the antibiotics...isn't it nice when these things become a non-issue!
  • Options
    @JujuB22‌ OMG LOVE! Congrats on the beautiful family!
  • Options
    lest12lest12 member
    @jujub22 - beautiful pics!

image        image

• Options
    Baby is waaayyyy took mellow today. I'm barely getting 10 movements in 2 hours. Come on kid, don't stress me out.
  • Options
    vv826vv826 member
    edited June 2014
    Gif fail! Back to the drawing board!
  • Options
    vv826vv826 member
  • Options
    So I was just rear-ended. Just a small bump but uggghhhh. The people in the car were super mean bc I wanted to call the cops. They ended up leaving after we exchanged info. They also did not apologize at all even though I was just stopping at a red light and it was clearly their fault.

I had already been timing contractions while driving, then they got more frequent. They have slowed since I got home. Baby is moving around like usual so I'm not worried. Just super annoyed with those people.
  • Options
    Mia081081 said:
    So I was just rear-ended. Just a small bump but uggghhhh. The people in the car were super mean bc I wanted to call the cops. They ended up leaving after we exchanged info. They also did not apologize at all even though I was just stopping at a red light and it was clearly their fault. I had already been timing contractions while driving, then they got more frequent. They have slowed since I got home. Baby is moving around like usual so I'm not worried. Just super annoyed with those people.
    How scary. I hope you are okay! You should file a report just in case anything happens (medically or with the insurance claim) then you can put things back on those jerks.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    Does anyone see a problem with baby wearing after a c/s? I would using a baby ktan breeze or maya ring sling.
  • Options
    elsa1688 said:

Does anyone see a problem with baby wearing after a c/s? I would using a baby ktan breeze or maya ring sling.

I used my k'tan and moby wraps 5 days post c sec, no issues!

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I called the cops on the scene but the other people wanted to leave. They kept telling me the cops were going to laugh at me over such a small scratch. I took pictures, got a picture of her license plate, drivers license and insurance card. I waited for an hour but the cops still hadn't shown. I had to pee, was starving and having contractions so I left. Will follow up asap
  • Options
    @jshrop - I know. Welcome to Miami!
  • Options
    I was lurking on May 14 and there's people who were still not going out in public with their LOs at 2 weeks. Is this normal/helpful? (Not trying to be snarky, genuinely curious)
  • Options
    emilyh107 said:

@elsa1788 My first was born in October during flu season and I didn't really get her out till about 3 months. We went to grandparents house but that was about it.

This one we are waiting to really go out probably at 1 month. I am a paranoid mom though and she was born a little early.

Like you don't go to the grocery store, out to eat, etc?
  • Options
    @elsa1688‌ I had DD out around 4 days old. I was going stir crazy. I wore her and didn't allow anyone to touch her. She was born in the summer so I wasn't too concerned about her getting the flu or anything like that. I just couldn't handle being inside all day.
  • Options
    @snuff9861‌ I'm with you. I'm not necessarily planning outings just for the sake of being out but I'm not going to be staying home and locking her or me away! My mom's been very vocal about getting out of the house and running normal errands for both our sakes. She said she took myself and my siblings out within the first few days and we survived!
    Hoping to avoid the typical FTM overprotective deal but who knows! Best laid plans...
    MET: 12/31/06 ENGAGED: 5/23/11 MARRIED: 11/11/11 DD DOB: 6/6/14
    image image image
  • Options
    Am I in the minority here who will be taking LO out right from the get go? I have no qualms about going out in public and being around others. Not to say I'm going to pass the baby around but I think it's good for LO to build an immune system. And since I'll be breastfeeding, LO will also my immunity. 
    There's no way I can sit around the house or just go for walks. I will go crazy if I can't go out right away.
    This exactly.  I will go BSC if I have to sit around the house all the time.  I will be calling friends to come visit or take us places.  :)

June 2014 - June Siggy Challenge - Favorite Hottie
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • Options
    @snuff9861 I'm planning to take LO out, unless there's some specific issue.  Practically speaking, I don't see how staying inside all the time would work, and I certainly wouldn't enjoy it.
    image    image

• Options
    Is anyone else feeling almost constant lightening crotch?
    Yes.  Forget getting out of a chair and trying to walk.  Heaven forbid if I wait too long to go to the bathroom.  I'm lucky to make it to the bathroom if I do.

June 2014 - June Siggy Challenge - Favorite Hottie
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • Options
    crhein26 said:
    Yes.  Forget getting out of a chair and trying to walk.  Heaven forbid if I wait too long to go to the bathroom.  I'm lucky to make it to the bathroom if I do.

WSS. It is constant along with crazy pressure, worse if I have to go to pee at all or if I have to fart. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    @ugabamafans‌ yes. For two days now :( this happened to me two weeks ago also, had a doc app and I was dilated to 4cms and 100% effaced. I am hoping it means more progress again. Then at least here is an upside to it....
  • Options
    I'm so ticked off. We spent all day Sunday st my in laws house and FIL was sick as a dog. Now he tells DH that he has pneumonia. Great...hope I didnt pick it up. ..been feeling funny today, but could be my mind playing with me. Just what I need at 38 wks!
  • Options
    lalala8 said:
    Lightening crotch, lightening cervix, lightening hips... it's miserable!

Along with the sensation of being constantly head butted in the cervix. And getting out of the car makes me want to cross my legs.
    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"