June 2014 Moms
Options

**Wed 5/28 Random/AW/SS thread**

Re: **Wed 5/28 Random/AW/SS thread**

• Options
    jshropjshrop member
    @lest12‌ I'm glad no one was seriously hurt! I'm sure that EMT was super relived you weren't in it lol
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lest12 - Sorry to hear your dad got in an accident because of some twat texting.  That irritates me like no other when I see people texting and weaving on the roads!  Glad he's ok!!!

June 2014 - June Siggy Challenge - Favorite Hottie
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • Options
    Taymiller said:

I wonder who will have the first June baby. Anyone being induced on the 1st? I am so excited for June, but mostly late June, I wish time would move faster!

@Taymiller‌ My c section is scheduled for 7:15am on the 4th! But I'm sure some momma is gonna go into labor before that :P
  • Options
    CJnKR2014CJnKR2014 member
    edited May 2014
    crhein26 said:

CJnKR2014 said:

Taymiller said:

I wonder who will have the first June baby. Anyone being induced on the 1st? I am so excited for June, but mostly late June, I wish time would move faster!

@Taymiller‌ My c section is scheduled for 7:15am on the 4th! But I'm sure some momma is gonna go into labor before that :P

I'm due June 4th, but I'm convinced I'm going to have an August baby.  She's too comfy in there.

--------------quote being weird------------

Good job on making it that far mama!!!!
  • Options
    That is awful @lest12! I hope your dad feels better soon. Seeing people texting while driving really upsets me...I see it all the time while DH is driving and I'm looking out the window. Don't people realize the consequences?!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    CJnKR2014 said:
    CJnKR2014 said:
    I'm due June 4th, but I'm convinced I'm going to have an August baby.  She's too comfy in there.
    --------------quote being weird------------ Good job on making it that far mama!!!!
    Right?  I feel like half the board has already had their babies.  They were just too damn impatient!!!

June 2014 - June Siggy Challenge - Favorite Hottie
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • Options
    Taymiller said:

I will gladly have the first June baby, but I'm guessing my LO is hanging out in here a bit longer too. Don't these babies know we are ready for them to be here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Today my dog has been so weird. Usually he follows me around, but today he hasn't left my side, wouldn't sleep unless it was on me, and now he will not stop bugging DH. He's been walked, run around outside, played with inside and taken out and fed at his normal times. Like really dude? And my cat was REALLY clingy today too. And I've got cat hair all over me now.

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    I'm sorry about your dad, @lest12! Texting and driving is never worth it. It's illegal in California, but I constantly see people doing it anyway. If you don't value your life, fine, but don't endanger mine and my loved ones lives!
  • Options
    Pretty sure in NY you get a ticket and 5 points on your license. As far as I understand you get a suspended license after 6 points. They aren't playing over here!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's 2:30. I've been awake since midnight. That's why I don't go to bed at 8 no matter how tired I am. H will be up in an hour for work, which means I will be up too.

I'm so incredibly swollen I hurt. The kid is having a soccer tournament inside me. Now I'm starting to cramp. All I want is to sleep.

Also, the thought of having to have a c section both terrifies me and saddens me. I'm gonna be really mad if they estimate this baby being huge and they do the section only to have a normal size newborn. Here's to hoping a miracle happens and baby decides to come on his own or he measures at a normal weight.

I sound like a total whiner!
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options

It's 2:30. I've been awake since midnight. That's why I don't go to bed at 8 no matter how tired I am. H will be up in an hour for work, which means I will be up too.

I'm so incredibly swollen I hurt. The kid is having a soccer tournament inside me. Now I'm starting to cramp. All I want is to sleep.

Also, the thought of having to have a c section both terrifies me and saddens me. I'm gonna be really mad if they estimate this baby being huge and they do the section only to have a normal size newborn. Here's to hoping a miracle happens and baby decides to come on his own or he measures at a normal weight.

I sound like a total whiner!

I totally get it. I had a serious ugly cry breakdown over having my c section next week. I knew it was going to happen that way but for some reason i am so intensely scared and idk how to alleviate that feeling
  • Options
    MrsBHMMrsBHM member
    My FTM is showing. Let's say you knew exactly when your baby would arrive...what would you stock up on at the grocery store the day before? Or don't even go because your parents are coming & can go for you while you're in the hospital?
  • Options
    @CJnKR2014‌
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. H thinks I'm crazy. He's in the mindset of whatever is the safest thing for baby. Which I totally am too, that is the most important thing 155%. But I just pictured having a vaginal birth and having them lay him on my chest right away. I have to grieve that. It sounds weird but it's true. Plus I've never had anything close to surgery and that gives me such bad anxiety. I still have hope that things will change, either I go into labor naturally or he measures smaller than they think he will. Monday can't come soon enough!
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm sorry you ladies are having such a hard time with c-section anxiety!  A teacher at C's daycare mentioned to me yesterday that due to pre-existing hip issues, she'll never be able to birth vaginally and it makes her sad.  I can't alleviate those fears directly, as I haven't had a c-section, but I have a friend who just had her second, and ten days later she and her family (DH, 2 year old, and 10 day old) were up and walking around Boston Commons!  I hope that eases some of your fears! 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    elsa1688elsa1688 member
    edited May 2014
    MrsBHM said:

My FTM is showing. Let's say you knew exactly when your baby would arrive...what would you stock up on at the grocery store the day before? Or don't even go because your parents are coming & can go for you while you're in the hospital?

I'm going the day before
  • Options

@CJnKR2014‌
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. H thinks I'm crazy. He's in the mindset of whatever is the safest thing for baby. Which I totally am too, that is the most important thing 155%. But I just pictured having a vaginal birth and having them lay him on my chest right away. I have to grieve that. It sounds weird but it's true. Plus I've never had anything close to surgery and that gives me such bad anxiety. I still have hope that things will change, either I go into labor naturally or he measures smaller than they think he will. Monday can't come soon enough!

Hugs to you! I'm also having a c-section, which is the opposite of the midwife- natural birth I was planning. While it's the safest option (breech baby), I am a little sad too.
    Also, I do not know exactly what your situation is, but a baby is rarely so big that it can't be delivered vaginally.
  • Options
    lest12lest12 member
    @mrsdbc‌ - that is super creepy.

My sister's bridal shower is Saturday and I invited about 9 women over tonight to get ready - put together favors, etc. Now I'm totally dreading it, not because I have to clean, or go buy some appetizers, or socialize, but because my dog hates my aunt. Usually he needs a few meetings to warm up to someone and then he's your BFF, but not her. And it doesn't help that instead of ignoring him or doing the other things our dog trainer suggested, she challenges him. Lady, why do you want to go one-on-one with my dog? You're not the dog whisperer and your "techniques" are the opposite of what our trained professional told us.

image        image

• Options
    lest12lest12 member
    @mrsdbc - agreed! But with her, I feel like she is disrespecting me. My house, my dog. I am telling you how we deal with this issue here. You're not listening.

So now the dog just hates her. I feel bad that Buddy has to deal with her tonight, not the other way around.

image        image

• Options
    I'm irrationally upset that I tested GBS+ this pregnancy. It makes me feel defective and I hate that it's putting a wrench in my birthing plans. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kbellizio3kbellizio3 member
    edited May 2014
    @lest12‌ you and I must have the same dog. He is the same way. Usually after a meeting or two he's fine. But DH's grandma doesn't get that, and Apollo doesn't like her. But she thinks that by chasing him around with his "quiet time" toy (which is the only toy he's semi possessive over) he'll want to play. DH kept telling her to ignore him. And sure enough when she did the dog was fine! But then she'd start up again. Worst part was my sMIL was reprimanding my dog (who was listening to DH and I completely) for giving the "leave me alone" warning to DH's grandma, he would just give a little growl, no snapping, sorry but my dog was listening, grandma wasn't! I'm telling you how to handle my dog, and you're not listening to me. It's so frustrating. She's the only person he's had an issue with. Sorry poor Buddy has to deal with that tonight! I totally get how you feel.

And @mrsdbc‌ that is terrifying. I got the heebie jeebies reading that!

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    MrsRahlMrsRahl member
    Mease8 said:

That seriously just made me laugh until I cried! I also am a little sleep deprived at the moment lol
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Pepper6‌ - You inspired me to get my oil changed today (I've been putting it off for too long!). Unfortunately, I didn't get it free like you but thanks for unintentional reminder to me!
  • Options
    I was offered a part time position that would be perfect. I asked the lady that will be watching the baby if she'd consider lowering the cost per day since it's half the hours he'd need to be taken care of. It's the only way it'd make sense for me to take the position. I can't cut my hours and still pay as much as we would be. I don't think she's going to. I'm so disappointed.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"