October 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC!

Re: FFFC!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FamousEa said:
    H and I only sleep in the same bed if we are traveling or have visitors at our house. We both sleep better and prefer it, although I know a lot of people think that it is weird.
    I totally get this, DH started sleeping alone during my pregnancy with DD#2 because I had sooo many pillows and took up the whole bed. We have a nice pullout sofa that he sleeps on plus it allowed me to co-sleep and nurse with plenty of room and he was able to watch his scary movies without disturbing me.

We do this as well.  DH and I also rarely sleep in the same room these days.  Between his snoring, my normal sleep issues plus pregnancy sleep issues, we haven't slept in the same bed more than a handful of times since last summer - we both tend to sleep better apart.  Luckily, we have a guest bedroom so I have taken that over for sleeping. Both sets of my parents do this as well, so it isn't strange to me.  

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member

I still sleep with the bear that DH gave me for the first Christmas we were dating. I am super embarassed about it but I like having my arm around something little like that.

Also it's "jeans day" at work today if you pay $6 (the money goes to the American Heart Association), and I wore jeans but didn't pay $6. I sit at a desk all day with 1 other person on my floor and I wear jeans almost every Friday. I spent my $6 on a giant iced tea & bagel.

We have random jeans days on Friday at my office.  I have been the "sponsor" of one and it was great to see all the money I collected go to a good cause (St. Jude).

But occasionally I have my own jeans day by accident.  It is totally acwkard but to comfy!

• Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I wish I could get my husband to sleep in the other room! Tips, ladies?

I don't feel well and am in the foulest mood today. My coworkers are driving me crazy, and I swear they're being extra obnoxious on purpose. I was stuck sitting next to one of them in a meeting earlier whose smells (cigarettes, perfume, and cough drops) were overwhelming, and she was being super animated and loud throughout our entire meeting. After she almost hit me in the face a second time with her maniacal gesturing, I decided to stop trying to control my nausea. Unfortunately I never managed to puke on her, but I really, really, really wanted to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ADH0906ADH0906 member
    @ginabina11‌ Holy shit. In glad your family and LO are okay!

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @ginabina11 Holy crap!  I am so glad everyone is ok!  So scary.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Last week my parents took my LO home with them from the restaurant we all met at to save me a trip in the AM because I had a long doctors appointment. On their way home a drunk driver missed them by literally INCHES. They would've been killed and my LO killed or seriously injured because he was going so fast. The guy crashed into a pole 10 feet away from their car and was killed on impact. My dad is all kinds of fucked up from not being able to revive him and seeing a dead, mangled body. Do I feel bad for the dead guy? Hell no. He very well almost killed my family. And you, @Jennifer18131‌ are just as ignorant and irresponsible as that guy every. single. time. you text and drive. I really hope you reconsider next time you feel the urge to text and drive. It's not that important.

Damn. I am so glad everyone is okay!!!
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    MrsL2B said:

I wish I could get my husband to sleep in the other room! Tips, ladies?

I don't feel well and am in the foulest mood today. My coworkers are driving me crazy, and I swear they're being extra obnoxious on purpose. I was stuck sitting next to one of them in a meeting earlier whose smells (cigarettes, perfume, and cough drops) were overwhelming, and she was being super animated and loud throughout our entire meeting. After she almost hit me in the face a second time with her maniacal gesturing, I decided to stop trying to control my nausea. Unfortunately I never managed to puke on her, but I really, really, really wanted to.

I just LOL'd so hard! I hope you get to puke on the smelly bitch.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    @ginabina11 I'm glad to hear your parents and LO weren't hurt. Your poor dad, though.
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Mrssinner402, Every time you post I have to watch your siggy for a few seconds. The Harry Potter one and now this one! For some reason I can't stop watching the second guy on the left. @-) @-)
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    @ginabina11:  That is so scary and sad.  T&Ps to you , your dad, and everyone involved.  So happy that your son is ok.  It is easy to forget that it only takes a moment to change your life.
  • Options
    MrsL2B said:
    I wish I could get my husband to sleep in the other room! Tips, ladies? .
    I just whined and bitched a lot! But really, my DH has restless leg syndrome - it drove me crazy that he couldnt just lay still. I used to go to be an hour before him, and then I would be asleep already when he came in. Usually that worked ok. But the tipping point was when we had DD. She slept so bad that it felt like we were up all night. So we started switching nights - one of us would get a full nights sleep while the other slept in the guest room and listened for DD. And now we have morphed into the couple that doesnt sleep in the same bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member

DH works at a body shop and people who text and drive are their main source of business.  Wreck occur all the time when drives are distracted.  When you are driving you have one job and that is to drive your car.

That being said I have a very heavy foot and very prone to road rage.  I really do try to keep it under control but it is such a bad habit to try and overcome.

• Options
    Wino411Wino411 member
    mel689 said:
    If I hear someone dies in a car accident because they were texting I don't feel bad, at all. It's their own fucking fault. I just hope they didn't kill/injure anyone else in the accident. Texting while you're driving is such a reckless, selfish, stupid thing to do. 
    A woman here died this week in a car accident from posting on Facebook while driving. My very first reaction was to call her a dumbass. I know that may be harsh, and I do feel bad that she died/for her family, but still. It's just such a fucking stupid, preventable way to die. Those who kills others doing it? I have no words. 

This is why I believe cell phone usage should be banned in cars, period. If you need to use the phone for any reason, you can pull over somewhere. 
    I read about that. I felt bad she died, but thought what a stupid way to go! I'm glad the other driver wasn't harmed by her carelessness. 

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since Jan '13

BFP#1 - EDD 3/24/14 - d&c 7w5d

BFP#2 - EDD 6/14/14 - cp 4w2d

BFP#3 - EDD 10/28/14 - It's a BOY!!! - Born 10/26/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    lrobi13 said:

That being said I have a very heavy foot and very prone to road rage.  I really do try to keep it under control but it is such a bad habit to try and overcome.

DH has been bitching at me over my driving for the last couple of weeks. I have always had a lead foot and road rage. Apparently, it has gotten worse since being pregnant and he has definitely let me know it. I actually ended up crying the other day because he pointed out I was doing 60 in a 40 and made a smartass comment about it.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Probably at least once a day, I check my profile to see how many love tits I have. I care about this way more than I should.
    Ditto..
    I take it one step further and try and figure out what I said that got me the tits. 

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    H and I only sleep in the same bed if we are traveling or have visitors at our house. We both sleep better and prefer it, although I know a lot of people think that it is weird.
    Like I Love Lucy or like separate rooms?

• Options
     @ADH0906 said:
    When we had the Bump Hump (bump n' bump? Hump a bumpie?) I put off participating because I was afraid no one would reply to mine. When I worked up the nerve to participate, no one replied. I was self conscious...like, in real life...for days afterwards. I'm a 16 year old girl.
    I totally almost replied to yours because I knew the thread was dying and wanted to give you some tits. Then I thought that people would think I only replied because I wanted more attention. Self proclaimed AW here. I am self conscious about that, but also I am an AW, so... not really.

You're awesome, the end. You too @pushgal84.

• Options
    My confession: I'd much rather smoke pot than drink alcohol. Obviously I don't do either currently. 
     This is so me!  I can only stomach about 2 glasses of wine or pints of beer before I tap out on alcohol.  I can't drink the hard stuff anymore.  But, if there's pot, I'm much more likely to enjoy to the point of inebriation.  I hate the way I feel if I'm drunk, not to mention the hangover, but being stoned doesn't make me feel so blah.  Disclaimer, obviously I don't do either right now, and my drug use begins and ends with pot.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    Di_126 said:
    @ginabina11 Glad everyone is okay, and sorry your Dad is having to deal with that!  That's horrible.

That's my biggest problem with texting and driving.  People KNOW it's incredibly dangerous.  You'd have to live under a rock to have not seen the commercials/billboards/documentaries/etc. dedicated to stopping texting while driving.  Most of these campaigns with horrific accounts of people or families being killed.  To me, to still do it, is more than being reckless...it's heartless, because you're basically saying you don't give a fuck.  If you want to kill yourself, go for it, but don't kill/endanger anyone else while you're at it.
    YEP. 

I got rear-ended at a red light when I was 8 weeks along. The accident wasn't that bad but the lady basically admitted to me and the police that she had been texting before she hit me. I was terrified. The pain in my back was horrific, the seatbelt crushed into my abdomen and I went immediately to the hospital to be checked out.

Now that my car's been fixed, I'm still having bad back pain that I'm sure will last for a long time. I won't close the case with insurance until I'm sure my kid's FOR SURE OK and I'm pissed as hell at the lady who was so involved in her stupid text messages or whatever to not even care or think about smashing into someone else and putting an unborn child at risk.

I *used to* talk on the phone when driving (using Bluetooth) but have since cut even that out because I do NOT want to be remotely distracted when driving, ever!
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    FamousEa said:
    bennikki said:
    DS and this currently cooking bean were conceived on nights DH and I were smoking pot.  We're in MN, where it's illegal, so we don't keep it in the house, but in both instances, DH had come home from a hunting/fishing trip with a little extra from one of the guys, so we smoked, had a big bowl of ice cream, great sex, and BAM - a BFP (a couple weeks later).  Maybe this is what they should be handing out at fertility clinics.  I can tell you the side effects of briefly increased appetite and a great night's sleep are a whole lot better than the hot flashes, insomnia, and crazy mood swings I dealt with on clomid.
    Not alone, this current baby was conceived while both DH and I were high as a fucking kite. For the record it is illegal where we live too and we only do it if my parents have our kids for the night. And yes the sex is fucking great
    We were drunk as shit when we conceived both these. No biggie!
    We, too, were drunk. Birthday sex baby in the oven. 
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    Wino411 said:
    mel689 said:
    If I hear someone dies in a car accident because they were texting I don't feel bad, at all. It's their own fucking fault. I just hope they didn't kill/injure anyone else in the accident. Texting while you're driving is such a reckless, selfish, stupid thing to do. 
    A woman here died this week in a car accident from posting on Facebook while driving. My very first reaction was to call her a dumbass. I know that may be harsh, and I do feel bad that she died/for her family, but still. It's just such a fucking stupid, preventable way to die. Those who kills others doing it? I have no words. 

This is why I believe cell phone usage should be banned in cars, period. If you need to use the phone for any reason, you can pull over somewhere. 
    I read about that. I felt bad she died, but thought what a stupid way to go! I'm glad the other driver wasn't harmed by her carelessness. 

I read about it as well and just thought it was sad. I would never wish that upon anyone and although it was her fault, no one deserves to die over it.

I would never wish that on someone or think you deserve to die because you text and drive. I just have a really hard time feeling sorry for anyone that selfish, who could have just as easily hit a car full of kids and killed everyone. I realize I sound extremely harsh, but as a mom, thinking of my own kids, I can't help the way I feel.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    SusieBW said:
    Over the last month, I've very, very, very seriously considered turning in my bar license. I don't know if I want to practice anymore. 

I will be using maternity leave time to find another job. 
    I always say that I hate being an attorney, but if I have to do it (and I feel like I do because no one else will pay me enough to be able to pay my loans along with all my other bills), then I like the job I have.  I like my job but hate my career.  Hence the amount of procrastination time I spend on here. 

I hope you can find something more satisfying to you.  Also, I'm jealous that you're going to do something else. 

My mom and sister are attorneys, I completed my first year of law school and quit. People ask me all the time if I regret my decision and I ALWAYS say no!  It's no walk in the park, that's for sure.  Have either of you ever considered arbitration?  You still get paid well and they seem to always be looking for attorneys...
  • Options
    SSFC2014 said:
    I could never smoke pot. Well really could never smoke anything. I had asthma as a kid and smoking made me feel like I was dying at times. I hope to never experience that again.
    Eat it. You aren't allergic to cookies, brownies, or rice crispy treats are you?

• Options
    @TheOtherJacobsons Aw shucks! You're not so bad yourself :-*

• Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member

My mom and sister are attorneys, I completed my first year of law school and quit. People ask me all the time if I regret my decision and I ALWAYS say no!  It's no walk in the park, that's for sure.  Have either of you ever considered arbitration?  You still get paid well and they seem to always be looking for attorneys...

My stepdad is an attorney and I have worked as a legal secretary for sometime and people always ask if I want to be a lawyer.  I do not.  I get to leave my job at the door at 5pm.  When they complain about their hours I always reply " that is why you make the big bucks!".

It is not a glamorous as most people think and involves a whole bunch of paper work and phone calls!

• Options
    Heartwood0519Heartwood0519 member
    edited May 2014
    I totally judge people who do drugs, pot included.  I also feel really disappointed when I find out that someone I know smokes pot.  Like I felt disappointed and almost let down when I read all these pot smoking confessions.

I'm not sure why I have such a strong reaction to it.. I drink alcohol (obviously before the BFP) and it causes a stupor just like I imagine drugs would, but I don't mind people who drink at all.  I grew up around alcohol, though, so maybe that makes a difference.

I actually got really upset when my parents talked about how they tried it when they were younger. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I spend 95% of my shower time sitting on the shower floor. Getting ready in the morning exhausts me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    JessAnnJ said:
    I spend 95% of my shower time sitting on the shower floor. Getting ready in the morning exhausts me.
    Me too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I totally judge people who do drugs, pot included.  I also feel really disappointed when I find out that someone I know smokes pot.  Like I felt disappointed and almost let down when I read all these pot smoking confessions.

I'm not sure why I have such a strong reaction to it.. I drink alcohol (obviously before the BFP) and it causes a stupor just like I imagine drugs would, but I don't mind people who drink at all.  I grew up around alcohol, though, so maybe that makes a difference.

I actually got really upset when my parents talked about how they tried it when they were younger. 
    DH feels the same as you. I, on the other hand, don't see anything wrong with occasionally indulging. However, since he has such a strong view on the subject I don't partake. I think he only has images of stoner burn-outs and hasn't seen anyone use it recreationally without it effecting their day-to-day life. I'm hoping if it's legalized everywhere he won't be such a stick in the mud about it. He loves his beer, so I don't see the big deal.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    @pushgal84 I seriously can't focus today because your fish taco picture in your siggy is mouthwatering. I want to leave work and find fish tacos that look just like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"