July 2014 Moms

Pregnancy brain...when it's not funny anymore

Re: Pregnancy brain...when it's not funny anymore

• Loading the player...
  • I am running "borderline" red lights & keep forgetting to turn my headlights on at night, I'm like a sober drunk driver

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aliletz said:
    Oh, this is one of my favorites.. I totally blank when people passively mention my pregnancy.

When the random guy passed me on the street and said in my ear "somebody's been fuckin'," I totally didn't get what he meant until DH explained that it's because I'm pregnant.

Also, we went to get donuts last week.  While she was boxing up our order, the counter girl said "Do you know what you're having?"  and I stared blankly for a second and was ABOUT to say "uh.... donuts?" before I realized what she was asking.
    WTF?! This really happened? I would've died laughing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • emy730 said:
    aliletz said:
    Oh, this is one of my favorites.. I totally blank when people passively mention my pregnancy.

When the random guy passed me on the street and said in my ear "somebody's been fuckin'," I totally didn't get what he meant until DH explained that it's because I'm pregnant.

Also, we went to get donuts last week.  While she was boxing up our order, the counter girl said "Do you know what you're having?"  and I stared blankly for a second and was ABOUT to say "uh.... donuts?" before I realized what she was asking.
    WTF?! This really happened? I would've died laughing!

Totally happened.  I was so startled at first, but now, totally hilarious.  And a little gross.
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • I locked DD and myself out of the house during the winter.  I just wasn't thinking.  My phone was in the car which luckily I had left unlocked so I was able to call a friend whose husband came to pick us up so we could go to their house for dinner. 

This friend also happens to be our cat sitter/can you check on the house person so they had a key to the house.  DH was out of town for work.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bullybutt said:
    Danipg said:
    -I bought a 4L of milk...two days in a row because I really thought we had run out, in a 24hr time frame.
    -DH asked me to not put dirty dishes in the half of the sink that was empty because he needed to drain noodles or something...and 30 seconds later I put a dirty cutting board in the sink...he just looked at me and slowly asked what he had just asked me not to do.
    -I almost forgot I was curling my hair...as I had the curling iron in my hand.
    -I also have to check the oven all the time to make sure I remember to turn it off. 
    Also, I thought @Ylvelill is a regular poster and not a troll, or is that also my baby brain?
    This.  WTF is going on here? A case of the twat Tuesdays?
    I'm still catching up on the thread, but I thought she was a regular too...
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @alyssa719‌, come on over! I'll make you a delicious cheese salad. It'll be fabulous.

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• YlvelillYlvelill member
    edited April 2014
    Glad I could help with some entertainment today :) should have checked in earlier to see what happened but got busy. :(

@Salsera29‌
    Sorry, I was just responding to your request for some drama. Didn't mean to actually hurt your feelings. Guess me posting every day hasn't made me known enough that people would know that I was completely kidding :)
  • Not much I can do about that I guess.. :)
  • Aww at least someone went and looked up other posts, I feel special. Yeah bed rest is boring however being in the hospital does not mean you have control of all your time.

But since I apparently had already made my way onto some postits it is kinda pointless for me to continue to explain. :)
  • I didn't close m car door after returning from lunch one day  last week. It was open about 6 inches in the work parking garage. I was super happy the car started since the overhead light had been on for hours.

Saleslady at work told me about how she called a client a "total control freak" and some other things in an email, and CCd someone at the client. We got fired from that account. Oopsie.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I might get flamed for this but I must've missed some major drama in previous threads. When I read her post from this thread, I thought she was being sarcastic.
  • DH found a bobby pin in the freezer.

TELL ME that pregnancy brain isn't real...

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• BoraBoraBabyBoraBoraBaby member
    edited April 2014
    Some of these deserve awards. I'm loving the amazon purchases. Peanut butter pretzels from amazon? Tell me you got free shipping @SuperTinkerham‌!
  • About 20 minutes ago I went to put gas in my car (which I've obviously done a million times before). Instead of pulling the lever to release the gas cap (next to my steering wheel), I pulled the lever to release my seat (down on the floor). Scared the shit out of myself and of course had to look around to make sure I had no students close by (since the gas station is right by school). Not just did it hurt my pride but it hurt my back!

Also, I left my cell phone in the fridge. DH and I figured it out when it started ringing. Luckily that wasn't too long after or I don't know if it would've worked!

So, yes, I believe pregnancy brain is real!
  • @Ylvelill, I don't have a post-it, but I have noticed you have a tendency to write things in a way that make you sound douchey and sanctimommy.  If you are just generally a sarcastic person, you need to start working some winks into your statements to make the sarcasm more clear, because clearly a lot of the ladies here aren't sensing the sarcasm.  

Yeah, it is a problem I have, even out here irl. Plus a terrible tendency to want to stir the pot. I will work harder at my winking, thank you :)
  • Ylvelill said:
    @Ylvelill, I don't have a post-it, but I have noticed you have a tendency to write things in a way that make you sound douchey and sanctimommy.  If you are just generally a sarcastic person, you need to start working some winks into your statements to make the sarcasm more clear, because clearly a lot of the ladies here aren't sensing the sarcasm.  

Yeah, it is a problem I have, even out here irl. Plus a terrible tendency to want to stir the pot. I will work harder at my winking, thank you :)

Exactly. I suspected you were just responding to my "dare," but there were no indications you were being sarcastic and then you didn't come back...so this happened.

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"