July 2014 Moms
Options

Pregnancy brain...when it's not funny anymore

I got out of my car this morning, locked the door, shut it, and started walking away. It was still running. Luckily a coworker was standing there and pointed it out. 

I was so paranoid about forgetting to bring the bagels for this morning's staff breakfast that I lost sleep and then when I did sleep, I had dreams about it. 

I graded two quizzes today that had one wrong answer, and I gave them each a 100%. 

This is becoming really not funny and I'm getting very paranoid that I'm going to mess up something important. Other than making a conscious effort to concentrate on what I'm doing and start writing everything down, any thoughts on what I can do to get my brain back in check? Also, feel free to share your pregnancy brain stories. Or we can argue about whether or not it's a real thing. We need some drama up in here anyway...

imageimageimage

Re: Pregnancy brain...when it's not funny anymore

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I once locked my keys in my car with the ignition running for over an hour when I was not pregnant. Luckily I had a spare key in my purse. It was pouring down rain when I got out of the car and was so worried about not getting wet. The rain was so loud I didn't hear the car running. At least you have a good excuse, I was just being dumb.

I feel so forgetful lately. I don't know if its "pregnancy brain" or if its just because I'm so tired, which is pregnancy related. I haven't noticed anything major, but that's what worries me. I always feel like I'm forgetting something huge.

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's totally fake, it's just an excuse women use so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions.
  • Options
    Ylvelill said:

It's totally fake, it's just an excuse women use so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions.

I do hope that's sarcasm.
  • Options
    Ylvelill said:

I totally used to think this but now I know it's a real symptom.

I can't say how many times I check the stove, lights and garage door before I leave anymore. And I've put juice back in the cupboard with the glasses. Ugh. It's even worse because the construction crew asks me about paint colors, carpet, shower tile...I need to write down everything. Hopefully it stops when LO is born or I'm leaving the hospital without her.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It is a real thing. And it's sad. I sat at a green light and tthe guy honked at me and I yelled and said it just changed and gave him an angry look. DH HAD to correct me and say I was in the wrong. Not to mention like other, bills have been late and I argue my points. DH is loving it and pointing it out every time which is so annoying and makes it worse IMO.
  • Options
    lks18lks18 member
    I had to get the rho shot the other day at the end of my ob appointment. She told me to put my clothes on and walk across the hall to the nurses' station for it. I got dressed, then the nurse had to flag me down in the reception when I was making my next appointment. I couldn't keep her instructions in my head for the amount of time it took me to put my underwear and pants back on. Duh.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've bought so many bags of shredded cheese recently, it's not even funny. I keep needing cheese for recipes and it never ever occurs to me that I already have a bajillion bags in the refrigerator. DH was sorting through them the other night and was very kind, but wondered why I kept buying shredded cheese. Heck if I know!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options

There was an article about the validity of it in one of the pregnancy mags given to me at my first OB apptmt. 

And yes... that makes it real.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ylvelill said:

AMEN sisterfriend!!!!!  Its like when people say their naushus during pregnancy, you know that's just silly gurls looking for attention.  Or when ppl think they diserve special treatment for having twins, SO WHAT if you're having two,  your not more special than the rest of us.  Don't let ppl call u a cunt for being STRONG!

Sisterfriend. I like that.

• Options
    I know i said this before, but i GOT OUT OF THE CAR WITHOUT PUTTING IT IN PARK. That shits not normal. I havent put anything in the wrong spot (that I know of...) but when DH had to fling himself over from the passenger seat to grab the wheel and I had to dive in and slam my palms on the brake I knew... this will not ever end well.
  • Options
    I wish I could blame it on pregnancy brain, but as DH likes to point out, he's always had the better memory between the 2 of us.  Maybe because I've developed "coping" mechanisms for it before pregnancy I haven't had anything as bad as what everyone else is describing, but I don't doubt for a second that it happens. 
  • Options
    avacek1avacek1 member
    edited April 2014
    beff12 said:

I've bought so many bags of shredded cheese recently, it's not even funny. I keep needing cheese for recipes and it never ever occurs to me that I already have a bajillion bags in the refrigerator. DH was sorting through them the other night and was very kind, but wondered why I kept buying shredded cheese. Heck if I know!

This! I have bought so many bags do shredded cheese and cartons of eggs. DH keeps reminding me not to buy anymore, but somehow I manage to come home from the store with at least two bags of shredded cheese and a carton of eggs. I've lost it!
  • Options
    avacek1 said:
    Haha I did the same thing! I also kept buying a large carton of eggs every time I went to the store. So we have at least 5 bags of shredded cheese and 3 cartons of eggs!

Dude, omelets or breakfast burritos!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    beff12 said:
    But cheese is *delicious*!!  I'll be over for dinner, just cheese, please!!  :):)
  • Options
    I forget nouns all the time....also someone asked me how long I had been married this week and I totally blanked. My Dh laughed hystarically at me...sigh
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"