October 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @awwwpuddin that is no big deal to me. You're going to your MILs, not out and about in town. @ellaf one was a zipper one, another was not @bkeane I totally think sleepers are adorable! I love DD in her sleepers...at home. I'm not someone who goes out of my house in my pajamas so why would I have my kid go out in them? Just my two cents
    lol because they are babies! Not adults like us. No one is looking plus usually they have blankets over them in the stroller anyway.
    Eh, I can see what you're saying...I guess I like dressing her up too much lol
    my mom insists i put a shirt and a pair of pants on LO when she watches her..she said it's easier to change her when she spits up.

1.) all of her shirts and pants are like legit outfits and not very convenient when getting her ready in the morning.
    2.) i don't change her when she spits up (for the most part) so neither should you, woman! 
  • Options
    PixiesDustPixiesDust member
    edited January 2014
    @dh13 that is EXACTLY how I feel about my MIL. #youarenotalone @bkeane you don't sound like a douche I met two other new moms in my area for coffee yesterday. One has a 9 week old and the other has one 5 days younger than DD. The FFFC part: I felt so good about myself after coffee because they both were in yoga pants/sweatshirts, ponytails, no make up and their babies in sleepers...at noon. I was in jeans, hair done, make up on and DD was dressed really cute. I don't think that being a mom gives you the excuse to be a slob, especially in public. At home, fine! Flame away!
    Agree.  Additionally, everyone has time for a shower at least once a day.  Even if that shower doesnt come until your children are in bed.  And to say you're too tired to take 5 minutes to bathe is ridiculous. 

I also dont take DD out in just a sleeper.  Pajamas are for bed or hanging out at home.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited January 2014

@dh13 that is EXACTLY how I feel about my MIL. #youarenotalone

@bkeane you don't sound like a douche

I met two other new moms in my area for coffee yesterday. One has a 9 week old and the other has one 5 days younger than DD.

The FFFC part: I felt so good about myself after coffee because they both were in yoga pants/sweatshirts, ponytails, no make up and their babies in sleepers...at noon. I was in jeans, hair done, make up on and DD was dressed really cute. I don't think that being a mom gives you the excuse to be a slob, especially in public. At home, fine!

Flame away!

Agree.  Additionally, everyone has time for a shower at least once a day.  Even if that shower doesnt come until your children are in bed.  And to say you're too tired to take 5 minutes to bathe is ridiculous. 

I also dont take DD out in just a sleeper.  Pajamas are for bed or hanging out at home.

--------------------------------------------------
    Hallelujah, thank you! ALL OF THIS!

imageimage    

• Options

Paris, you know I love you, but no... Lol I dress DD up real cute most days for daycare but a lot of times she goes in a sleeper. As long as the outfit is clean, she's clean, and I'm showered, I count it as a win. I've never done my makeup regularly and I consider brushing my hair to be "doing my hair". I've always worn a ponytail and I always will :-P and I'm still the hottest hotty that ever hottied, just ask MH ;)

You know I love you too, and for what it's worth I still think you're a hottie ;)

imageimage    

• Options
    I have another big one. I'm tripping out that I might be pregnant again. Getting a test today. I was on the Depo shot, but I think getting pumped with antibiotics and pain medication might have canceled it out a little. We really can't handle another one, so I'm really hoping that I'm not.

:-O Omhigoshyouhavetoupdateusassoonaspossible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

TGP: Oi!!! I never wear makeup or do my hair and I will wear whatever goes well with a target nursing top. You wouldn't call me a slob, would you? (.....Think hard about your answer. I have my post it ready).

I can understand the makeup thing because it is kind of an extra. But, come on, if you're going to lunch, to meet new people and you put in no effort with yourself or your kid, whatsoever..,yeah I think it's being a slob.
    But what if my sweatpants are trendy sweatpants like this?:
    Never even seen those before but that outfit is cute :)

imageimage    

• Options
    carawasa said:

bkeane619 said:

@awwwpuddin that is no big deal to me. You're going to your MILs, not out and about in town.

@ellaf one was a zipper one, another was not

@bkeane I totally think sleepers are adorable! I love DD in her sleepers...at home. I'm not someone who goes out of my house in my pajamas so why would I have my kid go out in them? Just my two cents

lol because they are babies! Not adults like us. No one is looking plus usually they have blankets over them in the stroller anyway.
    Eh, I can see what you're saying...I guess I like dressing her up too much lol

my mom insists i put a shirt and a pair of pants on LO when she watches her..she said it's easier to change her when she spits up.

1.) all of her shirts and pants are like legit outfits and not very convenient when getting her ready in the morning.
    2.) i don't change her when she spits up (for the most part) so neither should you, woman! 

@carawasa My MIL is like the anti-your mom! She never specially *asked* me to dress DD in sleepers when she watched her but she came home in jammies every time. The only time DD didn't come home in a change of clothes was the day I brought her to mil still in her sleeper because I was running late. Now I don't bother changing her out of her pj's on mil days. Jammies at Grammy's is easier on all of us :)
  • Options
    @mama2be12345

You're right, Definitely not what that post was meaning about ignoring your kids to get all dolled up.

My point was really that I think new moms make up too many excuses to not take care of themselves. Not showering/shaving/brushing hair etc. and if you're going out there should be some effort put into how you are looking. And in regards to the babies out in sleepers, I know they are comfy but regular outfits are too. I think it looks lazy when a baby is out in just a sleeper. But again, that is just the way I see it. Obviously lots of moms don't.

(And lulus are fabulous by the way)

imageimage    

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My first FFFC - hopefully not too flame worthy. 

I picked out a baby shower gift for my SIL solely because Target had it on sale AND was offering a $10 gift card with purchase.  It's still a good gift - a Boppy - and I'm going to get some other cute things to make a "BF survival kit" but still ... not handing over the gift card. 

Also, we started LO in daycare but I don't have many clients at the moment (I work a couple contract positions as a therapist and homestudy assessor) so I've been sitting at home alone being lazy and feeling pretty worthless this week.  Especially because the babysitter is better than me at getting him to go to sleep and he has been taking much longer naps at her house than he ever does when home with me.  I know it is probably because of the extra stimulation of being around other kids, but still gives me feelings of inadequacy as a mom.  

Oh, and @dh13 I also laugh at my baby when he cries.  I have tons of blurry photos on my phone trying to capture the cuteness of that lower lip sticking out about a mile ... so not do I laugh while my child is miserable, I  torment him with a camera in his face.   
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I hate coffee, but I'm making myself learn to love it. I've been drinking at least 1 cup a day. I'm to tired to not like coffee.

#lotsofsugar
    #lotsofmilk
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Amjoy25 said:
    I guess I have 2:

1. I went to happy hour last night with my husband and the baby, and we go so often the waitress knows Willa's name. Oh, and we got a babysitter for tonight so we can go to happy hour alone. #takemyPPvirginityplease. (But, I miss my baby! I will cuddle that fatty all day Saturday!!!)

2. I borrowed "fat" jeans from a friend of mine who recently lost 30 lbs...the flameful part? They are a size 8. @bkeane619...this sounds douchey...not yours. I'll own it.

Flame away!!!

Muhahahahahaha.

PPS I've already said "I don't fucking care" about a patient today...sooooo...I'm done!
    Not flaming... totes jealous! My skinny jeans right now are a size 8.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @awwwpuddin I constantly talk to LO in a British accent. I accidentally let a "well 'ello govna!" slip out when I got her from the nanny the other day. I can't help it, DD thinks it's hilarious! image
    Diaper changes quickly turn into a German accent. "Augh! Ha-sel, you schtink!" But don't worry, I don't reserve this for just the baby, I yell at the cats in a French accent. I am so embarrassing.

My husband does the weird diaper change voice thing too. But he is German, so he puts on this bizarre "white trash" (HIS description for it) accent. Part hiphop, part deep south, part whatever-the-hell-that-is and it is BRILLIANTLY funny for all four of us. 

• Options
    @kuhababy the whole vacation thing would make me cry too. My DH usually goes on a 4 day snowmobile trip over Presidents Day. He was being a douche about going, so we were gonna have my Mom fly up and stay with me. However, the stars aligned and he's not going, and my Mom is still gonna come in march. He did leave me for 5 days, but he was working so there wasn't really any abandonment issues there.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    @brit1983 they really are worth it. I bought a pair of full length yoga pants and capris on sale like 3 years ago, I still wear them all the time! They have an awesome waist band that sucks it all in and you still look cute and comfy!

@trackgirlparis, agree that it's nice to take care of yourself because every one should have time for that. It's nice to feel like your best self! LO sleeps in a sleep sack so I still see footed outfit as an okay for day wear but maybe that'll change when she starts sleeping in them? If she doesn't wear them during the day then they'd never get worn! I do enjoy putting her in her cute outfits for special outings ;-)
  • Options

I like when my dog licks my toes. It makes me giggle
  • Options
    KuhaBaby said:

My FCCC- last night my husband booked a 5 night, 6 days golfing trip with his buddies in Palm Springs CA. I started sobbing because A.) I am nervous to be home alone with DS and the dog for that many days. B.) I feel like my husbands life hasn't had to change much since DS has been born but mine has changed dramatically. C.) everyone gets to go on vacation except for me and this winter is depressing me. D.) I have been wanting to go on a trip with DH since our last one two years ago. His job doesn't let him do anything pretty much from March to November and my vacation time has been very limited.... And now he is going somewhere but with friends while DS and I have to stay home. Now my next opportunity won't be for another year I guess :(

This exactly!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"