October 2013 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• I'm so ashamed about mine and feel like such a hypocrite.

I've shopped at Walmart 3 times since we moved a week and a half ago. It's half a mile from my house and our finances are super lean right now.

DH made me do it!!!! Ok, not really, he just suggested I shop there until we are caught up.

#hatethatplacewithafierypassion

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yesterday my husband went shopping with our LO. He was so excited he bought her several outfits including two sleeveless dresses. I didn't want to burst his bubble by telling him he should have gotten them larger since theyre sleeveless, While he's at work I'm going to go back and try to exchange them for bigger sizes without telling him.
    You're a good wife.  Dads need to not be constantly told they do this or that wrong.  Sometimes the outfits my husband picks out in the morning are a little, well, strange, but he's proud of them and she's a baby so who cares.  I just make a big fuss about how cute she looks and he walks away feeling good about his dad skillz. 
    Thank you, so are you!  8->
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• bkeane619 said:

I once forgot to change LO's diaper for over eight hours. I.felt.horrible!

Uh I do this overnight every night
    Overnight, yes. This was during the day and it was soaked. He doesn't poop overnight, and pees very little.

But I guess it's not that flameful.
  • This will get me flamed.
    I  had caught the 24 hour flu earlier and was sick as shit and stuck in the bathroom. I called DH and had him come home. But I let DS CIO until I could leave the restroom. I could see him in his happy butt chair and tried to to talk to him. But I could not get him. He had bad gas and I couldn't do the usual walk/bounce for him. I felt awful and was so happy when DH got home to take him.
    Flame away, I deserve it. 
    Don't be too hard on yourself.  It is not like you were letting your LO CIO because you were being lazy. The other night DH had to completely care for our LO because  I had such a bad migraine I was pretty much incapacitated.  I don't know what I would have done had DH been off at work.  We cannot be super women all the time.

• DH comes back tomorrow night from a 2 week work training out of state.  Between coordinating two events, a fussy LO, a sick DS1, and not feeling so hot myself I have gotten nothing on my to-do list done and the house is a wreck.  To be honest, on the bit of free time I have had where I could be doing productive things, I have watched Netflix, done my nails, and other me-time things. I will be frantically cleaning tonight!

• TGP: Oi!!! I never wear makeup or do my hair and I will wear whatever goes well with a target nursing top. You wouldn't call me a slob, would you? (.....Think hard about your answer. I have my post it ready).

I can understand the makeup thing because it is kind of an extra. But, come on, if you're going to lunch, to meet new people and you put in no effort with yourself or your kid, whatsoever..,yeah I think it's being a slob.

imageimage    

• hartsl01 said:
    I walked outside this morning without my coat on to start my car and thought "wow, it's pretty warm out today". It's 27 degrees.

I did the same thing!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • TGP: Oi!!! I never wear makeup or do my hair and I will wear whatever goes well with a target nursing top. You wouldn't call me a slob, would you? (.....Think hard about your answer. I have my post it ready).

I can understand the makeup thing because it is kind of an extra. But, come on, if you're going to lunch, to meet new people and you put in no effort with yourself or your kid, whatsoever..,yeah I think it's being a slob.

Babies in sleepers are slobs? No. And huge kudos to those women in being comfortable enough to meet new mommys without getting dolled up. It was a play date. Not a date date. Why do they need to get dressed up for it? If you feel more comfortable getting dressed up for it-great. But really, if you are trying to make new friends, maybe you shouldn't start the judging train quite so early.
    Not changing your kid out of a sleeper to go out of the house for more than a walk to the mailbox is being sloppy/slob ish to me, yeah. It's not that hard to change them. I think moms use the "I'm a new mom" excuse way too much. It's just lazy.

FWIW, I really liked both women, and plan on hanging out with them again. But I don't see why you can't put a little effort into at least dressing your child.

imageimage    

• @trackgirlparis
    Were they zipper sleepers??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I never bought my MIL a Christmas gift. I told her I forgot it at the house but really, I forgot it at the store. I"m making her some scrapbook pages for her birthday(it's in 2 weeks), so I don't feel too terrible about the Christmas gift. Besides, she was/is being an asshat about LO. She fawned all over her 2 grandsons, never letting their feet hit the floor from holding them all the time but has held Ellie for MAYBE 6 hours total. She says she doesn't want to "monopolize the baby".

Bullshit. She resents MH because he resembles her ex(she divorced him 27 years ago, mind you) moreso than he does her.

photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg

• @awwwpuddin that is no big deal to me. You're going to your MILs, not out and about in town.

@ellaf one was a zipper one, another was not

@bkeane I totally think sleepers are adorable! I love DD in her sleepers...at home. I'm not someone who goes out of my house in my pajamas so why would I have my kid go out in them? Just my two cents

imageimage    

• edited January 2014
    jgslr said:

My fffc- I don't remember who said it, but that one comment about their SIL commenting on how the house would be a mess post baby and how proud they were bc their house is still very much clean and NOT a mess rubbed me the wrong way.

One reason it bothered me is because my house IS a wreck post baby and I've learned to let go a little bit, but I do miss my pre-baby spotless/dust free home. I only clean what's necessary and the rest can go to hell. Secondly, the assumption that all babies are the same and if you can do X, so should everyone else is annoying. Like Trexbeck mentioned earlier on here, her baby is pretty chill and let's her get things done, and that's awesome, but she knows she's lucky for lo to be like that and doesn't brag. BUT others, like me, do not have chill babies that will allow for a moment to pass unattended or they'll scream bloody murder till you pick them up. I baby wear, but scrubbing my shower, moving furniture to sweep&mop, etc doesn't really work well. She also doesn't nap unless being held, and the last couple days she won't nap unless I let her comfort nurse during it. Showering/ RR breaks are still an issue for me, dd will cry the entire time I put her down. Ok, vent over.

Lol that was me...looks like I'm on a roll today! I never meant that as a brag BTW. My SIL can be a bitch and it is more of an issue with her. Sorry your babe cries and you can't clean like you wish you could :(

imageimage    

• Oh I have another...our alarm didn't go off so we were running late getting DS1 to school so I totally dropped him off in my pajama pants and tshirt I wore to sleep in.  I dropped him off in the drop off lane so no one saw me, but I'm pretty sure the Starbucks guy saw me when I drove through to get coffee.

• Some days I take longer than necessary on my pumping breaks, I just need a mental break for a few (ok, I am normally catching up on Bump stuff!) I never do it when we are busy though. Except for today, DH called while I was pumping to tell me William rolled back to belly for the first time and I was trying not to cry about missing a milestone bc of stupid work. First thing I've missed and I hate it, I guess a second FFFC is that sometimes I resent DH being home with LO even though I prefer that to daycare.
    Oh and I also only did two days of the plank challenge before I stopped.

• bkeane619 said:

@awwwpuddin that is no big deal to me. You're going to your MILs, not out and about in town.

@bkeane I totally think sleepers are adorable! I love DD in her sleepers...at home. I'm not someone who goes out of my house in my pajamas so why would I have my kid go out in them? Just my two cents

lol because they are babies! Not adults like us. No one is looking plus usually they have blankets over them in the stroller anyway.
    Eh, I can see what you're saying...I guess I like dressing her up too much lol

imageimage    

• @awwwpuddin that is no big deal to me. You're going to your MILs, not out and about in town. @ellaf one was a zipper one, another was not @bkeane I totally think sleepers are adorable! I love DD in her sleepers...at home. I'm not someone who goes out of my house in my pajamas so why would I have my kid go out in them? Just my two cents
    @trackgirlparis ... FWIW, I still agree with you... Plus DS has so many cute outfits that he is getting close to growing out of.. I like to dress him in those while he can still wear them! :)

I just feel like a slob if I go out in yoga pants/sweats/no makeup. Some people can pull that look, most cannot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• edited January 2014
    hartsl01 said:

@awwwpuddin that is no big deal to me. You're going to your MILs, not out and about in town.

@trackgirlparis ... FWIW, I still agree with you... Plus DS has so many cute outfits that he is getting close to growing out of.. I like to dress him in those while he can still wear them! :)

I just feel like a slob if I go out in yoga pants/sweats/no makeup. Some people can pull that look, most cannot. 

--------------------------------------------------

#loveallofthis
    #happysomeoneagrees
    #iswearimnotabitch

imageimage    

• Sometimes I wish MIL/FIL wouldn't speak to LO in Vietnamese as much as they do (I'll never tell them not to, though).  They see her every 2-3 weeks for a couple of hours at a time.  H and I do not speak Vietnamese at all and he doesn't know that much.  I'm fairly certain she won't be able to learn/retain any of it because she sees them so infrequently.  I don't want MIL/FIL to get upset that she doesn't know it, and I don't want LO to be frustrated that she can't understand what they are saying. 

I've thought about teaching her some words here and there, but MIL/FIL have full on conversations in Vietnamese between them when we are over there and I don't think she'll ever be on the same level.  H knows some Vietnamese and he doesn't even know what they are saying half the time. 

And now I feel bad that I've typed it all out because it makes it seem like I don't want her to know about H's traditions and where his parents came from. 

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • bkeane619 said:

I just realized I sound like a douche saying I only gained 11 lbs. Just as an FYI I never lost the 50 from DS and am over 200lbs.

I didn't think that. I thought "rock it lady".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"