April 2014 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

SerenlaSerenla member
edited September 2013 in April 2014 Moms
Have a good Thursday!
I will be in and out as we are swamped at work, cheers.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
 All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sick of the whole essential oils thing. Sure, I can see how they may work for minor cuts, scrapes, and burns, but don't tell me that choosing modern medicine over them when I was TTC is going to cause a miscarriage during this pregnancy.
  • Options

MegJ17 said:

There should not be participation trophies for every activity. Trophies are for winning. Kids need to learn how to win and lose with class.

I will go a step further and say parents should not let kids win at board games. Candy land takes no skill and is all luck, I win as much as my kids. On the other Han I think it is just as important to be a gracious winner as a good loser.

I agree 100%. I think parents that let their kids win at everything are doing them a lot of harm. I think the earlier they learn winning and losing the better!
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MegJ17 said:
    There should not be participation trophies for every activity. Trophies are for winning. Kids need to learn how to win and lose with class.

I will go a step further and say parents should not let kids win at board games. Candy land takes no skill and is all luck, I win as much as my kids. On the other Han I think it is just as important to be a gracious winner as a good loser.
    Ugh, yes. I  see this all the time with my younger students in speech.  We play a lot of games and I have had to teach some of them that you aren't always going to win.  I'm very competitive, even at Candy Land :)    
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    I hate the licensed women's sports fan gear that is pink. Cheer for your team in their ACTUAL COLORS.
    I agree with this, especially when you are at the event.  You look stupid in the crowd if everyone is wearing red and black (or insert your teams colors) and you are wearing hot pink or lime green.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Serenla said:

JWest07 said:

I hate pink guns.  Why do they have to be special colors for women to shoot them?  My guns aren't "ladies" guns.

Anyone remember the bic for women debacle?
    That's the one with the truly amazing Amazon reviews, yes? Love it.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    If I have a daughter she will wear just bottoms until she actually has boobs to cover up. I think bikinis on little girls are just ugh. 
  • Options

Serenla said:

JWest07 said:

I hate pink guns.  Why do they have to be special colors for women to shoot them?  My guns aren't "ladies" guns.

I loved the reviews, those and the binder reviews are hilarious as well.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
     All AL welcome.

• Options
    Holljade said:
    I don't let DD wear a bikini. Not sure when she will be allowed.

I don't allow bikinis but I do allow 2 piece suits.
    My daughter uses rash guards and bottoms...I'll allow a tankini if its appropriate, she has extremely fair skin so along with the age appropriateness, her skin is a huge factor in her bathing suits. My son also wears a rash guard with his swim trunks because of his fair skin. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Serenla said:

Serenla said:

JWest07 said:

Have you read the reviews for Wendy Davis' tennis shoes she wore during her filibuster of Texas' (ridiculous) new abortion legislation??? Golden.

• Options
    thomas930 said:

Holljade said:

My daughter uses rash guards and bottoms...I'll allow a tankini if its appropriate, she has extremely fair skin so along with the age appropriateness, her skin is a huge factor in her bathing suits. My son also wears a rash guard with his swim trunks because of his fair skin. 

Yeah if I have a daughter and she inherits my pasty white ass, I will probably put her in a tankini.

All AL welcome.

• Options

Serenla said:

Serenla said:

JWest07 said:

Have you read the reviews for Wendy Davis' tennis shoes she wore during her filibuster of Texas' (ridiculous) new abortion legislation??? Golden.

Yes! I loved those as well lol.

All AL welcome.

• Options
    thomas930 said:
    Holljade said:

Yea tankinis and two pieces are different than bikinis. I do prefer to use one pieces though.

DD is fair like I am. But I don't let her wear a bikini for more than just her skin.

• Options
    Holljade said:
    thomas930 said:
    Holljade said:

Yea tankinis and two pieces are different than bikinis. I do prefer to use one pieces though.

DD is fair like I am. But I don't let her wear a bikini for more than just her skin.
    I don't either :)
  • Options

Serenla said:

Serenla said:

JWest07 said:

OMG those are my favorite reviews. Lol and I bought the shoes, oh and joined Wendy's team. Side note but I hope she runs for governor!
  • Options
    eme520 said:
    Serenla said:
    You mean this?

https://www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-0mm-Black-MSLP16-Blk/dp/B004F9QBE6

I spent waayyy too much time reading the customer reviews and Q&A. Best waste of time.
    OMG I've never seen this! This just made my day!
  • Options
    My daughter wears takin is because I am lazy and she can potty in them herself.
  • Options
    thomas930 said:
    I think all Apple products are over rated and overpriced  :-O

I also giggled while looking through facebook last night when everyone was complaining about not being able to download the software because they either, didn't have enough room or that their phones claimed to not have it available. We are strictly Windows and Android in our house and never have issues with limited memory :) Both my tablet and phone have expandable memory.

My Iphone 4 was free
    Mine was 99 cents. I love having a smart phone but wasn't willing to pay hundreds for a phone when I used to get it free. This was a great compromise. Paying for data is expensive enough. 

I guess mine is that I don't get people who pay for expensive phones (really anything over $30 seems excessive to me). I have no desire to have the newest of something, I just need something that works. Paying for data is expensive enough, and I have the lowest plan possible. That $20 still feels like a spluge. Why someone would pay hundreds for a phone and than $100 a month to run it is mind boggling to me.
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options

I don't like when people take naked pictures of babies. A picture is just as cute when they have clothes on. Or when they put pictures of children in the bath on the internet and don't cover them up.

Aw there is nothing cuter than a baby butt.
  • Options
    thomas930 said:

I also giggled while looking through facebook last night when everyone was complaining about not being able to download the software because they either, didn't have enough room or that their phones claimed to not have it available. We are strictly Windows and Android in our house and never have issues with limited memory :) Both my tablet and phone have expandable memory.

My Iphone 4 was free
    But there are better free phones out there :) my DH got the Samsung Note 2 for free and I only paid $20 for my Galaxy S3, 3 months after it came out. 

BTW, I'm just teasing, I don't want you think think I'm being mean :) people are free to choose whatever technology they want. 
  • Options

Serenla said:

Serenla said:

JWest07 said:

OMG those are my favorite reviews. Lol and I bought the shoes, oh and joined Wendy's team. Side note but I hope she runs for governor!
    I think she will. I am terrified of Greg Abbott. He might be worse than Perry.
  • Options
    thomas930 said:

*GASP!* Where's my pitchfork?  ;) I'm totally a MAC person, but mainly because, like someone else said, they are super user-friendly and I don't use it for much more than spreadsheets and internet surfing. 
  • Options

Serenla said:

Serenla said:

JWest07 said:

I think she will. I am terrified of Greg Abbott. He might be worse than Perry.
    I totally agree!
  • Options
    @Rogue237

It's ok. I'm in the minority with my group of friends too, we can still be friends :) I mean we both like comics!
  • Options

I don't like when people take naked pictures of babies. A picture is just as cute when they have clothes on. Or when they put pictures of children in the bath on the internet and don't cover them up.

Aw there is nothing cuter than a baby butt.
    Baby feet ;)

All AL welcome.

• Options
    @thomas930 - comics trump computer preferences all day!
  • Options
    I think r
    CalinAZ said:
    thomas930 said:

My Iphone 4 was free
    Mine was 99 cents. I love having a smart phone but wasn't willing to pay hundreds for a phone when I used to get it free. This was a great compromise. Paying for data is expensive enough. 

I guess mine is that I don't get people who pay for expensive phones (really anything over $30 seems excessive to me). I have no desire to have the newest of something, I just need something that works. Paying for data is expensive enough, and I have the lowest plan possible. That $20 still feels like a spluge. Why someone would pay hundreds for a phone and than $100 a month to run it is mind boggling to me.

Y'all don't know how good you have it! Every phone here is full price. I bought a dumb phone, nokia, no touch screen, nothing! It was 8500 Icelandic krona. 70$ Iphones? Yea, they are 160,000 icelandic krona. Look that one up. You won't feel so bad about buying phones anymore :-D :-D
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    thomas930 said:

@Rogue237

It's ok. I'm in the minority with my group of friends too, we can still be friends :) I mean we both like comics!
    I dislike macs very much, I also dislike some of the more pretentious users riding their high horse around. Not everyone is like that obviously but I love to tear down the people who are ;)

All AL welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"