August 2011 Moms
Options

You know what this board needs?

Re: You know what this board needs?

• Options
    FFS I can get behind the board changes, but the FLAG button HAS.GOT.TO.GO!!

There are too many whiners for this button to be effective, right?
    No kidding!! I've already been flagged 4 times.
    If I flag you for this response would that be funny?  ;P

That would be cruel. Haha!

On the bright side I heard that serial flaggers can be banned.

• Options
    Duffgurl said:

Say what?! Who flagged you wash!? Pffft some people.

If you click on my name it will show that I have 4 "abuse" points. If you click on it it will show you what I was flagged for.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Duffgurl said:
    JK and Wash are you gals having any weird cravings? Is this pregnancy way different from the LO being a girl oppose to being a boy?

I don't know if it has anything to do with having a girl but this pregnancy is a lot harder.
  • Options

Duffgurl said:

JK and Wash are you gals having any weird cravings? Is this pregnancy way different from the LO being a girl oppose to being a boy?

I don't know if it has anything to do with having a girl but this pregnancy is a lot harder.

Awww sorry wash I hope it gets better. :hugs:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Duffgurl said:

Say what?! Who flagged you wash!? Pffft some people.

If you click on my name it will show that I have 4 "abuse" points. If you click on it it will show you what I was flagged for.

WTF seriously....oh some people's children lol. I loved them both :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Duffgurl said:
    Duffgurl said:

Awww sorry wash I hope it gets better. :hugs:
    Thank you! :) It's almost over!!
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

All of a sudden, every time I change Joey's diaper, he now waves at and yells "Bye!" to his penis.

What a boy... Or maybe he needs more play dates?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

Here is a long XP for your reading pleasure:

My mom and I have differing opinions about an incident at a birthday
    party on Sunday. I think she's overreacting, she thinks I'm being too
    laid back.  I'm interested in what other people think about it.

I agree with you. The other mom was obviously paying attention and watching her son out of the corner of her eye. She immediately reacted and tried to correct/address the situation. Had the child, autistic or not , been running around wild, bullying, violent, etc. throughout the party without the other mom saying or noticing the situation... Well that would be a different story.
  • Options
    amywalt1684amywalt1684 member
    edited August 2013
    Kimbus22 said:

Help me.  Our sitter (who Joey loves and has been with us since last November) is leaving to take a full time job. I feel like we need to get her something but I don't know what.  She loves the pottery my MIL gives us that is stashed all over my house.  I'd like to give her a bowl or something but feel weird since it's technically regifting.  But she loves the stuff and I have pieces that we've never used that are stashed away places where she wouldn't have seen them.  But is that really tacky?  Is it less tacky if I give her a gift card too?  If a gift card, how much?  She makes $70 for one morning a week with us.

I don't think it's tacky to give her some of the pottery but I'd also give her a gc.
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

Cycle 2 was another BFN.  Again, not terribly upset.  What little upset there was was easily consoled with a vodka cranberry.

@shanado Good!

So what's new BumpLand??

Not much. Listening to Baby Boy cry and hoping he will put himself back to sleep (ha!)

He actually did! Woot!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

TB is being weird with my posts. Anyway...

What returning shows are you looking forward to? What new shows do you plan to watch?

Game of Thrones!!! (when is it returning again?) And whatever is on by the time I plop down on the couch :)
    Currently following Master Chef.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Duffgurl said:

Aw sorry Wash. For me, my 1st pregnancy was also my easiest (and 3rd was hardest)

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:

; That's a lot of freaking birthdays for the first week of August.  Goes to show you that people really have nothing better to do once the weather turns cold than get it on.

Lol

• Options
    Team @Kimbus22.
    Even if the other kid wasn't on the spectrum, kids that age always know/remember/are able to react calmly when someone invades their space. The important thing is that no harm was done and the other mom apologized. IT's not like her kid was bullying yours, you know? I think your mom needs to chill.
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

Help me.  Our sitter (who Joey loves and has been with us since last November) is leaving to take a full time job. I feel like we need to get her something but I don't know what.  She loves the pottery my MIL gives us that is stashed all over my house.  I'd like to give her a bowl or something but feel weird since it's technically regifting.  But she loves the stuff and I have pieces that we've never used that are stashed away places where she wouldn't have seen them.  But is that really tacky?  Is it less tacky if I give her a gift card too?  If a gift card, how much?  She makes $70 for one morning a week with us.

I would give it to her, along with a note that says something like "something to remember us by" and throw in a gift card. I'm thinking $50 would be enough.
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

What do you guys think?  Should she have been closer to her kid? 
    @kimbus22
    I was standing close enough to DD to touch her when she fell and broke her arm.  Kids are quick, and things happen in the blink of an eye!  So, point is, I don't really think it matters how close she was to the kid.  What I do think matters is that she was watching him, and she came over and immediately addressed the situation as well as apologized.  I think it sounds like both you and the mom handled the situation well.

(not sure if this got quoted or tagged right....I'm still learning my way around the new format...so,  sorry if you got dup notifications!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I was going to try to stay up to play on the epic thread last night, but I passed out in my bed with DD2 when I was nursing her.  It's tough on nights when the kids don't go to bed till close to 10pm, I don't get any "me" time!  On the flip side, they're both actually sleeping right now, and I'm having coffee ALONE.  It's a rare and wonderful moment!
  • Options
    I want that house that Mha posted. I really need a wine trap door and basement pool. Dh is depriving me [-(
  • Options
    I spoke too soon.  The baby is awake and fussing. Go to sleep, grumpy little troll!  That's her nickname when she is fussy, after the grumpy old troll in Dora.
  • Options
    I was going to try to stay up to play on the epic thread last night, but I passed out in my bed with DD2 when I was nursing her.  It's tough on nights when the kids don't go to bed till close to 10pm, I don't get any "me" time!  On the flip side, they're both actually sleeping right now, and I'm having coffee ALONE.  It's a rare and wonderful moment!
  • Options
    shanado said:
    I want that house that Mha posted. I really need a wine trap door and basement pool. Dh is depriving me [-(
    Come on Mr ShanAdo - Nothing says "I love you" like wine trap door, you should know that!
  • Options

shanado said:

Come on Mr ShanAdo - Nothing says "I love you" like wine trap door, you should know that!

Gawd! He's so selfish!!!!!!11!!!
  • Options
    So is summer over? I mean, wtf?
  • Options
    NotSharknadoNotSharknado member
    edited August 2013
    ;;)
    (Y)
  • Options

I was going to try to post more last night - oops. I had a mini melt down when DD wouldn't go to sleep. I had laundry to fold. I'm a bit obsessive about folding laundry, mostly because I want to fold it before it gets wrinkled so I won't feel bad about not ironing it...

But she finally went to sleep right before 10:00 (which is late for me these days) and I went to bed ASAP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

What returning shows are you looking forward to? What new shows do you plan to watch?

Game of Thrones!!! (when is it returning again?) And whatever is on by the time I plop down on the couch :) Currently following Master Chef.

I miss Game of Thrones - I have to wait for it to come out on DVD :-( I kept up with the last season be reading recaps online.

• Options

FIL just left after being here for a week. I cried -- he was so good at playing with DS.

And I'm not sure whether this is good or not, but DS barely noticed. He usually has a meltdown when people leave, but he was too busy playing with his cars. I'm hoping we don't have a delayed meltdown later when he realizes he doesn't have anyone to play with except his party pooper of a mommy.

Now I'm back to days on my own with the kids, which means a dramatic increase in amount of tv watched each day. FIL pretty much kept DS entertained all day and we never watched DS's shows during his visit. Is it sad that I've missed watching Octonauts and seriously considered watching it while nursing DD last night after DS went to bed?

• Options
    shanado said:
    Right? I have had to put a jacket on my kids these past few mornings. Thankfully it warms up during the day but still. 
  • Options

I was going to try to post more last night - oops. I had a mini melt down when DD wouldn't go to sleep. I had laundry to fold. I'm a bit obsessive about folding laundry, mostly because I want to fold it before it gets wrinkled so I won't feel bad about not ironing it...

But she finally went to sleep right before 10:00 (which is late for me these days) and I went to bed ASAP.

Aw I'm sorry Mama. I've been there (the meltdown part). I hate-hate-hate it when my kids keep me up so late that I have zero time to unwind before going to bed myself.
  • Options

Game of Thrones!!! (when is it returning again?) And whatever is on by the time I plop down on the couch :) Currently following Master Chef.

I miss Game of Thrones - I have to wait for it to come out on DVD :-( I kept up with the last season be reading recaps online.

Can't you find the episodes online?
  • Options

FIL just left after being here for a week. I cried -- he was so good at playing with DS.

And I'm not sure whether this is good or not, but DS barely noticed. He usually has a meltdown when people leave, but he was too busy playing with his cars. I'm hoping we don't have a delayed meltdown later when he realizes he doesn't have anyone to play with except his party pooper of a mommy.

Now I'm back to days on my own with the kids, which means a dramatic increase in amount of tv watched each day. FIL pretty much kept DS entertained all day and we never watched DS's shows during his visit. Is it sad that I've missed watching Octonauts and seriously considered watching it while nursing DD last night after DS went to bed?

But hey, at least you won't have to sort through your recycling bin anymore, so yay for that?
  • Options
    shanado said:

Seriously. I thought August was the hottest month. I have yet to get in the pool since I was cleared for swimming!

• Options
    Last night, at the dinner table, DH asked the girls if they'd like to for a walk. They looove to go for walks, so they were super excited. Then when it was time to go, he informed me he'd hurt his foot and wouldn't be joining us. Um WTF DH, did you not know your foot hurt before you made that suggestion?
  • Options

Last night, at the dinner table, DH asked the girls if they'd like to for a walk. They looove to go for walks, so they were super excited. Then when it was time to go, he informed me he'd hurt his foot and wouldn't be joining us. Um WTF DH, did you not know your foot hurt before you made that suggestion?

Ohhhhhhh no, no. I'd be pissed!
  • Options
    Me attempting to streak through this thread:

// I love you too. //

• Options
    Dude, that's the worst.  Right up there with DH offering her a snack that we don't actually have in the house, which she then asks for over and over and over again. 
  • Options

Now I'm back to days on my own with the kids, which means a dramatic increase in amount of tv watched each day.

I'm actually nauseated when I think about how much TV DD watches compared to what I hear/read about on TB.  But when they are both awake and clamoring for my attention, it's the one thing that I know will settle DD down for a short stretch of time.
  • Options

Now I'm back to days on my own with the kids, which means a dramatic increase in amount of tv watched each day.

I'm actually nauseated when I think about how much TV DD watches compared to what I hear/read about on TB.  But when they are both awake and clamoring for my attention, it's the one thing that I know will settle DD down for a short stretch of time.

I'm right there with you. DS1 asks for Bob, Thomas and Go Go Go (Go Diego Go) all day!
  • Options

Yeah...I was so good about TV until we lived in the hotel back in January. It's just increased since then. When I'm having a hard day with DD and DS keeps pestering me to watch something, it's just so easy to give in.

I try to do tv-free days at least once a week, and I'm hoping we can start going to the park more now that DD will stay happy for longer stretches.

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:

Does anyone watch True Blood?  I think they're just writing the episodes drunk now. I can't decide if it's terrible or completely hilariously awesome. 

I had to stop watching it a while ago, it was just getting too stupid for me. There were too many secondary storylines going on. I remember looking at DH and saying, "when did this show stop being about vampires??"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"