August 2011 Moms
Options

You know what this board needs?

Re: You know what this board needs?

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    I did not do a good job of keeping this up last night. I'm so stinking tired lately.  I already had a giant coffee tonight and I'm having tea now so maybe I can be better...
    Tsk Tsk!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    My MIL keeps bringing me books from her mother's bookshelf.  (Grandma passed away last fall and left behind billions of paperbacks.  MIL reads and then brings them to me since I'm too lazy to go to the library.)  Grandma was RAUNCHY.  These books are hilarious.  If I read about any more tumescent penises, I'm going to pee myself laughing.
    Wait what?! Bwah ha ha!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    Joey loves loves loves to play with my cousin's 4yo daughter.  Except my aunt (her grandma) drives me bat shit crazy when they play.  The little girl is wonderful with Joey and he worships her.  She lets him play with all of her toys and is great about taking turns.  But being nearly 2, Joey doesn't react well when it's not his turn and he has to wait.  He screams and drops to the floor.  I tell her she's doing a good job sharing and tell Joey he needs to wait his turn and if he needs to yell, he can come play when he's done.

Except every time Joey so much as whines my aunt is yelling across the yard to the little girl, telling her she needs to be nice and share because Joey is just a baby.  Even when I tell her the girl was being great and already gave him a turn and he needs to wait.  I get more "But he's a baby!"  Ummmm....no.  1.  He's not a baby.  He understands taking turns.  He just doesn't like to. and 2.  The last thing I want is my kid thinking he can get whatever he wants whenever he wants just by being the youngest one there.  Argh.
    Your aunt should keep her mouth shut. I feel sorry for your poor cousin's DD. I can't imagine how it must feel to a 4 yo to be scolded when you are actually being good. 
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    One of my best friends (since kindergarten) just found out she has precancerous cells on her cervix and apparently very extreme prolapse.  She has to go get some sort of electrical thing shoved up her hoohah to try to kill the cells and have a cone biopsy.  They told her they don't recommend having any more children.  She has two healthy boys, 4 and 7, and wasn't really planning on more but she's still having a hard time having the choice taken away from her.  I'm not sure what I can do to help and it sucks.
    Aw man, I think I would be having a hard time, too (and y'all know I'm D.O.N.E. with kids). Not much YOU can do either. Just be there to offer a shoulder to cry on or whatever she needs. 
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    My freaking supervisor just gave me shit because I'm not trying to potty train yet.  The kid is not interested.  Oh well.  He'll get to it when he's ready.  Your kid is in prison so as of now, I'm winning the parenting contest.  Suck it.
    Um yeah. I think between you and your supervisor, it's not hard to pick who to give this to.image
    Also, I won't even think of PTing til September.
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    (@)(@)

Boobs.  Just because.
    I love than @Shanado loves this
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    What kind of stupid party crap should I buy for Joey's now birthday party?  Curious George?  Elmo?  Jake?  Dinosaurs? 
    Meh. Call me old fashioned, but we just had a bunch of balloons that either said "Happy Birthday" or "2" or nothing at all. Worked fine enough.
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    I still don't like the new Bump.  I'm trying to but it really annoys me to not have the list of boards on the left.
    That is one of my biggest complaints about the new Bump
  • Options
    Today is the day DH picks up our new dishwasher!!
    I am way more excited about this than I should be.
  • Options
    @shanado - I just noticed your new siggy pic. Love it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    What kind of stupid party crap should I buy for Joey's now birthday party?  Curious George?  Elmo?  Jake?  Dinosaurs? 

We're going with superhero theme, but it's really small scale...like, I'm only inviting two families with small kids because they are the only people we know with kids DS's age.

Jake was the second runner up, but I try to avoid things that are specific character-themed.

• Options
    ladybugpjbladybugpjb member
    edited August 2013
    Kimbus22 said:
    I still don't like the new Bump.  I'm trying to but it really annoys me to not have the list of boards on the left.

Preach it. I pretty much only check this board and DD's BMB now because going to another board takes too many clicks.

With Old Bump, it was like window shopping when I was bored - scroll down and think, "What other board can I visit to waste even more time?" Now, I don't see the other boards listed, so I kind of even forget they exist.

edit: typo

• Options
    We are doing a Pete the Cat birthday party.  Meaning, we're using Red, Blue, Brown and White as colors throughout the party, and I am painting a Pete the Cat on cardboard and then cutting it out.  We'll put him on the cake, and that'll do it for the theme. 

Although based on the presents that I've seen from family, he'll be getting a ton of Pete books too.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm making a fire engine cake and getting a few red balloons - that's it. We leave for the Cape Friday so no big birthday. Next year....
  • Options
    Guys.... Epic just isn't what it used to be. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Guys.... Epic just isn't what it used to be. :(

I know, right?
    I'm not giving up though. I'm going to keep this sucker going, even if it's with only one post a day.

• Options
    I guess I need to chip in on this post more.
  • Options
    I'm telling you right now, this baby girl has a huge head!!
  • Options

Kimbus22 said:

Meh. Call me old fashioned, but we just had a bunch of balloons that either said "Happy Birthday" or "2" or nothing at all. Worked fine enough.

We did Thomas the Train. But, I've honestly never done a character birthday before. Jack just goes crazy for Thomas like a teeny bopper goes crazy for Justin Beiber. He loved all of his Thomas The Plates.

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:

Yep.  I still suck.  I blame Netflix.  I'm still trying to like Parenting. I feel like it might be possible if Kristina gets less annoying.  Please tell me she does.

She totally gets less annoying. You should keep watching. I was trying to watch a movie on DH's iPad last night and Netflix wasn't working for me either. Womp. Womp.
  • Options

I'm telling you right now, this baby girl has a huge head!!

I can't wait to see these kids that are a'cookin'.
  • Options
    5953fpp said:

I'm making a fire engine cake and getting a few red balloons - that's it. We leave for the Cape Friday so no big birthday. Next year....

Cape cod? So jelly. Hopefully we can go next year. I've been wanting to take the kids. But, it's a 16 hour drive from where we live. So, even though we have a free place to stay, the travel time is just exhausting.
  • Options

Kimbus22 said:

My freaking supervisor just gave me shit because I'm not trying to potty train yet.  The kid is not interested.  Oh well.  He'll get to it when he's ready.  Your kid is in prison so as of now, I'm winning the parenting contest.  Suck it.

Um yeah. I think between you and your supervisor, it's not hard to pick who to give this to.image

PTing is for the birds.

• Options

5953fpp said:

Cape cod? So jelly. Hopefully we can go next year. I've been wanting to take the kids. But, it's a 16 hour drive from where we live. So, even though we have a free place to stay, the travel time is just exhausting.
    Yes! Cape Cod. I'm so stressed now with all the packing. I'm basically packing up the house. 16 hour drive! That would be exhausting!
  • Options
    We need a juicy thread. Like, reinvigorate FFFC or WTF Wednesday or a $ex post, etc. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    Yep.  I still suck.  I blame Netflix.  I'm still trying to like Parenting. I feel like it might be possible if Kristina gets less annoying.  Please tell me she does.
    At first, I thought you meant the Parenting board. lol
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    At first, I thought you meant the Parenting board. lol
    I thought the same thing.

• Options

Um...I went to bed at 9pm last night. Apparently DD's response to shots is to give in to bedtime much more easily, though we had a rough afternoon and evening before she went to bed.

But yeah...9pm. It was awesome.

• Options
    Hi. I've been so caught up with Snapchat that I've been ignoring everything else. Thank you ladybug! Now Imma go back and read the last few pages instead of skimming.
  • Options

DS is currently driving me crazy with his habit of rubbing his pacis and sippies on his feet. We're sitting on the sofa watching TV and he just keeps rubbing the spout on his nasty feet. Sometimes he's doing the same thing with his paci when I go get him out of bed.

Also, his feet aren't especially nasty - I just generally think of feet as nasty.

• Options
    I really want to go to Ikea, but they don't open until 10:00 and DS's ideal naptime is 10:30. I hate going out in the afternoons after his nap because I feel rushed in my effort to get home before rush hour.

• Options

Also, I get irrationally irritated at the number of stores that don't open until 10:00. Outlet mall? 10am. Regular mall? 10am. Barnes and Noble? 10am.

So we're stuck with Target for morning shopping, and that's never a good thing for my wallet.

• Options

My other reason for not going to Ikea is that I can't figure out how to manage it with both kids. I guess I could wear DD in the Ergo and put DS in the cart like usual, but I'm still intimidated by it since DS usually melts down halfway through. (See previous comment about Ikea not opening until right before his nap time...)

• Options

Halfway through my Trader Joe's trip yesterday, I realized I've been stress eating - I realized it when I was trying to decide which ice cream to buy and how I was going to hide it so DH couldn't eat it.

Stress eating - caused by this whole thing about deciding whether or not to work, as well as researching daycare. I'm terrible at making decisions, so when I have to wait on other people in order to make a decision, I tend to eat. (They are supposed to make a decision on Friday for the job I interviewed for on Tuesday.)

• Options

Womp womp....I'm being a Debbie Downer. I blame it on the fact that I haven't showered yet and also on the fact that I have no junk food left to satiate my "need" to stress-eat.

Does anyone have a donut to spare?

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    I'm hoping it rains today because I can already tell I'm going to be too lazy to want to take Joey outside.
    I know what you mean. I want it to be nice this afternoon because there is a free outdoor concert we want to go to (our local symphonic orchestra is playing - how awesome is that) but at the same time, I wish it wasn't so I could stay inside and just be a bum.
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    I kind of want to go get a new haircut and get my hair colored.   I shouldn't because I just lectured DH on how we should be cutting back our extra spending but I want to anyway.
    How about you each get a "fun" budget, lika an allowance? That way, you can still do fun things without breaking the bank. 
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    I made stuffed peppers in the crock pot yesterday.  I've never done that before but they came out pretty good.  Joey liked helping.  He helps me cook EVERYTHING.  It's simultaneously  horribly annoying and the most adorable thing ever.
    Both girls helped me make cookies the other day. I can make a batch in about 15 minutes, but their helping turned it into a 40 minute ordeal. LOL. But hey it kept them busy :)
  • Options
    I want to vacation in Cape Cod so bad! Also a 16 hour drive for us, though. ::Sad face::
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    PTing is for the birds.
    Tell that to the one that took a dump on my car this morning. I hate cleaning bird sh!t
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"