Pregnant after 35
Options

Random Thoughts Thread

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

• Options
    @Infantino22 amazing photo! Congratulations  <3
  • Options
    Hubby is at his monthly poker night. Toddler is finally asleep in his crib. Now it's just me, a big bowl of ice cream, and some episodes of Castle. Aaaaah. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    I slept a solid 6.5 hours last night without having to wake up to use the bathroom!  I don't think I'd slept more than 4 hours straight in nearly 2 months. 
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited March 2016
    Last night must have been miracle sleep night, @BernieRae ! My kiddo slept from 8:30pm-8:00am and I got some good long stretches in there between bathroom trips. I seriously feel like a different person!  Glad you had such a good night!
  • Options
    Baby girl decided to take up kickboxing during the night, so I only got a few hours of sleep. I'm relieved, though, because she had been moving less for the last few days. She's kicking higher now, too. Just under my belly button.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @carrieandroy Eeeeeeeee! I'm trying to imagine what that feels like! So cool, but of course sorry she kept you up. 
  • Options
    Baby girl decided to take up kickboxing during the night, so I only got a few hours of sleep. I'm relieved, though, because she had been moving less for the last few days. She's kicking higher now, too. Just under my belly button.
    That's awesome you're feeling movement! It was really inconsistent for me until about 24 weeks. I'd often go for days without anything. Just the past couple days baby started kicking me in the ribs and keeps getting my breasts if I'm hunched over at all. I can't believe that this baby is using up my entire abdominal cavity now. If you think belly button is high - just wait!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Omg if you need a laugh at your own expense watch this!!! Hilarious!! https://youtu.be/PKHOylg9ivI
  • Options
    I started feeling movement at 17 weeks, and I've been feeling it from the outside since 19 weeks. Last night DH and I were watching tv in bed and she started kicking and I would poke back. We did that for quite a while. It's like I was playing with my daughter for the first time. --I don't know if she was entertained or just stimulated by the poking, but it was nice to interact.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @createillumination
    BWAHAHAH! That was so me in the first tri. Except replace blow pops with burritos.
  • Options
    @createillumination I just got a chance to watch that video and I laughed so hard I was cackling. That is pregnancy in a nutshell.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Options
    I'm glad you ladies like the video as much as I do. My favorite is when she's like why didn't you wake me up and her DH says because you scare me. Ba ha ha ha!
  • Options
    I need to check out the video, wish I saw it as I was enduring the glucose test this am! Find out results this week, cross all fingers and toes I'm good, soooo uninterested in doing a 3 hr test. I've seen too many healthy ladies who haven't put in much weight not pass, what's the deal with that?!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Wyattnash00 I'm right there with you on nerves for the glucose test - I'm not sure when I'll have mine, but for some reason, I'm already nervous. I'm not sure what gives you a higher risk for it -- so I have no valuable information, just empathy! 
  • Options
    Thanks @infantino22! The tech who took my blood said it was good to not eat much. I actually only had coffee as it was first thing, I'll let you know if that worked :smile: 
  • Options
    Add me to the camp of being nervous about the glucose screen. Mine is next week. I think what scares me about it are the statistics for those that have GD being much much more likely to develop type 2 diabetes later in life. That's a chronic illness that I really want to avoid! I'm pretty low risk (no family history, only mildly elevated BMI) but I'm still really anxious about it.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Options
    Snoogle update: after using it for a couple of weeks, I LOVE it and get what the hype is all about. It took some adjusting on my part and I like to sleep facing the long part rather than away from it, but my back hurts less, I toss and turn less, and I love how my head fits at the top. So. If you get one and it seems iffy at first, don't give up! I may never go back to a regular pillow. 
  • Options
    Hello ladies have been missing for a couple of days since my in-laws have come to visit and it's been quite hectic...on another note...
    have my 14 week appointment with the doctor, praying For everything to be healthy and good and I get to see bouncy baby again today. My anomaly scan is next week, when will these tests be over, hate waiting for results...
    @sporty1216 wish I could get snoogle pillow here in Mumbai, gonna start searching online, sounds so comfy, sleeping on my side leads to lower ab pain 
    @mamafesto congrats to your family about the LO 

• Options
    Good luck with your appointment, @krupali78 ! I hope all is just great! And good luck finding the snoogle--or a pillow like it. It did take a while, but I find it so helpful now. I imagine it will be even better once I have a big(ger) belly!
  • Options
    So the 14 week appointment went good, baby is doing well, but I was very disappointed with the doctor as she didn't give me a picture of the baby, neither did she measure the heart beat per minute... Was looking forward to hearing these details... So my anomaly scan is nearly 4 weeks away, so the next time I see the baby is so far away...though she said not to worry, enjoy a hassle free pregnancy, at least till now, kind of underwhelmed today, feeling a bit blah about it, though had an awesome Chinese lunch with my parents, kind of made up for the doc visit

• Options
    Sad you didn't hear hb @krupali78:( very strange too. But you saw ur baby right? Happy everything went well though and you spoiled yourself with yummy Chinese!
  • Options
    @krupali78 next time ask for those things. Hopefully they'll accommodate you.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Options
    @Wyattnash00, I heard the heart beat but the doc didn't tell me the hbpm,and you are right yummy Chinese did help a lot
    @carrieandroy next time I am going to ask the doc to take a pic while she is doing the u/s and she hopefully will oblige
  • Options

Sorry that I've been MIA...quite honestly, last week stunk and I was so busy feeling sorry for myself that I didn't bump (or answer my texts or phone calls).  Long story short, I have been searching for daycare for these twins since I found out I was pregnant.  We live in a small town and you have to get on a waiting list ASAP for a newborn.  So finding daycare for 2 newborns was brutal.  We had heard really good things about one place, but when I went to visit, it just seemed like a depressing environment.  After much searching, it is the only place that can take two infants.  Friday I had to take the deposit check by the place, but I pulled up in the parking lot and just started crying.  I couldn't bring myself to go in.  Then the doctor's office called and told me that after 14 days of anxiously waiting on Harmony results, mine came back inconclusive.  My phone broke and I just had myself a pity party for a couple of days!

Anyway, I love reading about everyone's positive test results.  And @sporty1216, so glad the Snoogle is working for you.  I used to have one, but it made my neck sore in the morning!  Geez...I'm such an Eeyore!

• Options
    @Ssoccerball -- what a week! I'm so sorry! Are you going to keep searching for childcare then? Is a nanny at all an option? That sounds tough....

and, sorry about the inconclusive results too. Is that, at least in part, due to the fact that you've got twins? 

That at all just sounds like a lot to handle and process. I hope you are able to find some answers and, in the meantime, get some rest and maybe treat yourself to something you find particularly relaxing!
  • Options
    SsoccerballSsoccerball member
    edited March 2016

I've thought about a nanny, but again...it's a small town and there is no service or anything.  We'd just have to advertise for someone, which makes me crazy nervous.  I know that I would put nanny cams in every corner of our house and spend my entire day at work spying on them.  Not sure that's the healthiest route to go for me.  I always felt like at a daycare center, there were other people around and someone would be likely to report if there was anything inappropriate going on.  Though horror stories can happen anywhere.  I honestly just wish that I could quit my job and avoid this mess, but that's not going to happen.  So I'll remain paranoid and will keep looking. 

As for the results, she said that it didn't have anything to do with the fact that there were twins...The stated reason from the lab was "quality control," which she thought could mean anything.  She also said that there is a small segment of the population whose blood can't be tested with this test, so who knows.  I had my blood redrawn and we are starting the two week wait all over again, so maybe it will work this time.

• Options
    Ugh @ssoccerball:( fingers crossed for this 2nd test, waiting sucks. I was going to suggest a nanny share or someone that is reputable out of their home?
  • Options
    @Ssoccerball -- that all sounds stressful! I hope the right care situation appears quickly for you. And I hope the next test works out! Sounds like a pedicure or something is in order too! :)
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited March 2016
    It's nearly 4 pm. My kiddo spilled milk on the shirt he had slept in (which is the one he wore all day yesterday) and I told him not to worry, we'd get him changed. Well, it dried quickly, and became less urgent. He's still in what he slept in. Dried milk and all. Meh. It's Saturday. And I'm pregnant. And I'll change his clothes tomorrow morning for church? I should probably be ashamed of myself. But I'm just gonna own it instead. ;)
  • Options
    @Sporty1216 I'm still in my PJ's if that makes you feel any better :D it's 2pm! We love PJ days in our house!
  • Options
    BernieRaeBernieRae member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah for lazy Saturdays! It's just after 2 here and I've already had a nap today.  I just took a shower and have been promising my puppy I'll take her for a walk...I really should as it's beautiful out and the rain is coming back tomorrow...

p.s my sister sent me a belly band and I'm wearing it for the first time because the pants I picked out won't zipper :) 
  • Options
    Lazy Saturdays for the win! (I knew I liked you all).
  • Options
    @mthoomom congratulations!!!!! Glad that the version worked and hope you're all doing well! Can't wait to hear details!
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • Options
    So awesome @mthoomom!!! Enjoy every second of your beautiful baby and fill us in during a free midnight feeding;)
  • Options
    @mthoomom Congratulations on your baby boy!