January 2015 Moms
Options

Poll: Push Presents

NatureLoversNatureLovers member
edited September 2014 in January 2015 Moms
Where do you stand on this? Are you for or against? If you're getting one, what is it?

Poll: Push Presents 272 votes

Damn straight I'm getting one, it's the least he can do after I incubated his fetus!
26% 71 votes
Nope, the baby is my present.
52% 142 votes
Special snowflake
21% 59 votes

Re: Poll: Push Presents

• Options
    I told my H after what I've been through and what I will continue to go through, a present would be nice. Maybe a modest necklace from Etsy with the baby's birthstone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 99% sure that I will not be getting a push present, but I would like something with the baby's initial. I have an initial necklace for my son. If I don't get anything (which I won't) I will just buy something for myself.

I like the idea of sentimental gifts.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    llambrosellambrose member
    edited September 2014
    I had to vote SS. I would love one but know I won't get one. My husband doesn't really think like that and we really shouldn't spend the money anyway.

ETA:  Not a huge fan of the term though and I wouldn't want anything major.  Just a sentimental thing having to do with the new baby.  He still wouldn't think to do it though..
  • Options
    My husband didn't even think about ever getting me a Mother's Day present. Finally on my third one I ordered myself a bracelet with my daughter's name and birthdate on a charm.
  • Options
    lavet22 said:
    I don't have a problem with men giving women push presents, but I have a lot of girlfriends who gave their husbands presents. Like, other than the baby. WTF? All he did was sit on his ass flipping through sports center while I suffered nausea, back pain, discomfort, labor pains, and then pushed a PERSON out of my body... He's not getting a damn thing from me. Lol Maybe I'm a terrible wife, tho. Haha
    omg. NO.....
  • Options
    lavet22 said:

I don't have a problem with men giving women push presents, but I have a lot of girlfriends who gave their husbands presents. Like, other than the baby. WTF? All he did was sit on his ass flipping through sports center while I suffered nausea, back pain, discomfort, labor pains, and then pushed a PERSON out of my body... He's not getting a damn thing from me. Lol Maybe I'm a terrible wife, tho. Haha

I have heard of this too, that is just stupid IMO. I would NOT do this!
  • Options
    I voted SS because I'm not going to ask for one, and I doubt my husband will get me one, but I don't care what other people do. I'm not "for" or "against" them.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    llambrose said:
    I had to vote SS. I would love one but know I won't get one. My husband doesn't really think like that and we really shouldn't spend the money anyway.
    This is me.  haha.  I'd LOVE something-- like set me up a day at the spa.  lol.  But realistically I know I won't be getting anything.  Well, I didn't with DD1 and I doubt this time around will be any different.

Maybe I can talk DH into making a "push present" for me that NO ONE can come visit like FOREVER after the baby is born.  Or for him to take more than a week off to help out since this time I'll have a newborn AND a toddler.  hahaha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    To be fair it doesn't have to be a thousand dollars but like @NatureLovers‌ said something sentimental like a initial necklace-
    My husband got me a ring I really wanted for the Mother's Day right before I had my daughter as like a welcome to motherhood gift-
    This time I would love the initials of both kids from etsy. But part of me wants him to just surprise me because whenever he does that he does a good job- my friends husband surprised her with a matching wedding band...but I don't understand how it could be considered gross that your husband would want to buy you something after you give birth to their child - really weird sentiment ...although they aren't necessary for all that you will do as a wife and mom I think it's wonderful if your husband shows his appreciation even if it's your favorite candy
  • Options
    I bought my DH a box of really nice cigars. He got me an eReader (I had been bugging him about wanting one). I was hoping for something a little more sentimental, but he isn't great at that stuff so I was happy I got anything ;-). This time around, I'm not sure we will do a push present.
  • Options

This is probably a dumb question, but is a push present a gift for having given birth?

Yup, although the mode of delivery doesn't matter, or if you adopt or use a gestational carrier.
  • Options
    Yes @ladyamanuet‌ although I looked at it more as a gift for entering motherhood, carrying the baby for 9
    Months and celebrating the exciting occasion - I smile every time I look at
    My ring because it reminds me of that special time
  • Options
    mmblake08 said:

I think it's a crazy idea, just me

Even after the torture you've gone through? I probably wouldn't have been so open about wanting one if my pregnancy hadn't been so miserable.
  • Options
    to be fair, my ex would NEVER get me a present. Getting stuff out of him was like pulling teeth, and then he would grunt and moan about it forever after. Not even worth it. So I totally used to have the opinion that these presents were stupid-- coping mechanism, personally
  • Options
    Duh, I'm getting a push present if you count insurance! I have my own through work, but it's an 80/20 and SO is putting me on his for 2015. Best believe I will be using that coverage up. LMAO. Gosh, I am so lame. :(

• Options

I should get a new car for this shit.

Yes. And a boob job.
  • Options
    DH got me DS' birthstone earrings as a push present last time...except he was due 12/5 and born 11/30, so it was the wrong birthstone. But I like Dec's birthstone better anyway.

He got me garnet earrings as our anniversary present, so maybe he will do a necklace for the push present. Not that I'm expecting or demanding it, but it's a sweet thing for him to do.
  • Options
    DH didn't give me anything when DS was born, and I don't expect to get anything this time. I would like something with initials and/or birthstones like a necklace eventually, but most likely I will end up picking it out, ordering it, and asking him to wrap it and give it to me at some point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I should get a new car for this shit.

All of this. Plus new boobs.
    -------------
    I fully intended to get new boobs after I'm done having babies.

That said, with DS my husband got me a 32gb SD card and a 100somethjng GB jump drive to store pics. And I think some headphones? And then after DS was born we went and bought a ring that had his birthstone in it. This time around he has already said he will get me something, I dont know what. And then I'll probably get a ring with this baby's birthstone.
  • Options
    that's it, i'm totally asking for a tesla from SO.

seriously though, i voted SS.  i'm also not a huge fan of the term, but really, in this case, they're just words.  i would love one, but i'd never expect or even ask for one.  LH passed before DS was born, so i had a birthstone ring (DS's) custom-made by an etsy artisan around christmas a couple years later.  i called it a christmas gift for myself, but really i was thinking it was something i wanted just for having him.  it's rose gold, split shank in a cathedral setting (very organic-looking), with a very clear asscher-cut aquamarine.  i kind of splurged on it, and i love it so much.  i would like something in that vein, eventually.  SO is on board with doing it when the finances are in order, so it likely won't happen right away.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options

amt1983 said:

I thought mode of delivery did matter? My husband is getting me one but only if I actually push, and no epidural.

no way! You're joking, right?
    Holy shit I missed that. Is your H that much of an a-hole? Really?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"