September 2014 Moms
Options

MOTN Check-In

Re: MOTN Check-In

• Options
    @jaime52005 I hope they call back soon. Good luck!

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Options
    @jaime52005‌ @mcstrepp‌ Good luck from a fellow NJ gal!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    good luck to you all in labor!!!!

3am feed/pump session. Thank the good Lord that she finally settled down after all that gas. Although she definitely still has it because I changed her diaper and she farted like 5 times while I was doing it. Also I finally figured out how to retract the bassinet wheels to make it into a rocking one. She loves it.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Up feeding my LO who is spending his first night in the crib. He's done wonderfully... But I was still enjoying our living room camp out. He's only a week old and I'm already sad at the changes he's made!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Just now done nursing, and I have insomnia...great. B has gas so he's been cranky for two days and yesterday was worse so I guess it's going away. He's been sleeping about four hours between feedings so I get a little sleep. Just not tonight but DH sure is snoring. I-) I just want sleep
  • Options
    I'm up because of pregsomnia. My tummy is growling but food doesn't seem appealing right now. I just want to fall asleep, I'm going to be up enough in motn when LO is born!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
  • Options
    I just want to sleep. I've only gotten about 3 hours tonight...2 of which were when DH had DD downstairs. Everytime I put her in the PNP, she's good for about 5 minutes and then she wakes up and starts to scream. She wants to be held constantly. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty desperate at this point.

GL to all the ladies in labor!
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Options
    Up at 4:40 for our second feed. My right boob was hard as a rock and she's popped off twice coughing and sputtering. So hooray, I'm practically drowning the kid.
    image        image
  • Options
    @brittneyandadam‌ No suggestions, but you're not alone. I am so tired tonight. I hate the five minutes where they seem okay after you put them down because each time you start to get hopeful and then nope, they're up.
  • Options
    I hate MOTN feeding since my boobs get do full and DS has a tough time latching due to my forceful letdown. I'm trying not to pump it off which would lead to more milk. I think if LO is back up to birth weight going to try block feeding to decrease supply a bit.
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • Options
    My dog just ran downstairs yelping and crying...DH thinks her tail is hurt, I think her anal glands need to be expressed and might be infected. We agree that having this happen when our baby is 5 days old sucks. Poor doggie. She has been so good since we got home from the hospital.
  • Options

Wow there's a lot of NJ girls up in here! Hiiiii me too.

Anyway. My milk supply has been low today so LO has already finished up everything I had pumped, so I tried to get her to nurse and that was working out. I finally got enough to feed her like an oune and a half which is less than she normally eats and she slept for a little but she keeps waking herself up and I'm just trying to pump so I have something to give her. Uggggh

keep up the hard work momma!

• Options

I just want to sleep. I've only gotten about 3 hours tonight...2 of which were when DH had DD downstairs. Everytime I put her in the PNP, she's good for about 5 minutes and then she wakes up and starts to scream. She wants to be held constantly. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty desperate at this point.

GL to all the ladies in labor!

You are not alone. I have tried everything on the internet. I am going to call pediatrician see if they have advice. I really don't want to buy something else for her to sleep in just because she is picky. If they have good tips I will let you know.

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

• Options
    @conradraging‌ how did I not know you were from nj too? I'm from south jersey...Burlington county

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Options
    bodziochl said:

@conradraging‌ how did I not know you were from nj too? I'm from south jersey...Burlington county

Ocean county haaaay :)

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options
    emmylu30 said:

I hate MOTN feeding since my boobs get do full and DS has a tough time latching due to my forceful letdown. I'm trying not to pump it off which would lead to more milk. I think if LO is back up to birth weight going to try block feeding to decrease supply a bit.

Have you tried maybe hand expressing a little before feeding? Same problem as pumping but I figure it would be less... Or perhaps changing the position of your nursing:

Cradle hold, but with mom leaning back (a recliner or lots of pillows helps)

Football hold, but with mom leaning back

Baby sitting up and facing mom to nurse instead of lying down (good for nursing in public).

Side lying position – this allows baby to dribble the extra milk out of her mouth when it’s coming too fast

Laid back positioning- in this position, mom is reclining comfortably and baby is on top (facing down), tummy to tummy with mom.

I obviously don't have experience with this but maybe it could help. Good luck!

• Options
    Not MOTN, but I'm highly discouraged. Remember yesterday how I said I am pretty sure LO hasn't been latching correctly? Well, he isn't back up to birthweight at 2 weeks, so to the LC I go. I know it will be a good thing, but I feel so bad. Apparently, he has been getting enough to not be hungry, but not enough to gain. :(

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Options

emmylu30 said:

Have you tried maybe hand expressing a little before feeding? Same problem as pumping but I figure it would be less... Or perhaps changing the position of your nursing:

Cradle hold, but with mom leaning back (a recliner or lots of pillows helps)

Football hold, but with mom leaning back

Baby sitting up and facing mom to nurse instead of lying down (good for nursing in public).

Side lying position – this allows baby to dribble the extra milk out of her mouth when it’s coming too fast

Laid back positioning- in this position, mom is reclining comfortably and baby is on top (facing down), tummy to tummy with mom.

I obviously don't have experience with this but maybe it could help. Good luck!
    Thanks so much. I'm trying leaning back with cross cradle and football now but will try the others. My post partem duola friend is coming over tomorrow so will talk to her more and see if she has some other suggestions as well.
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • Options
    @PumpkinNHunny‌ @conradraging‌ what up neighbors!

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Options
    @conradraging‌ try upping your fluid intake, it should help with output (sorry if you've already done this, just figured it may help)

@brittneyandadam‌ I'm just seeing your comment but a couple things to try, put something that smells like you with LO, ex:sleep with her sheet for a night or put a t shirt that you slept in/wore with her when you put her in the pnp. Another thing to try is put something warm in the pnp while you're feeding her and then take it out when you put her back in to keep her spot nice and warm, you can heat up rice in a sock or if you have a heating pad. I hope you find something that helps!
  • Options
    Jenner37 said:

@conradraging‌ try upping your fluid intake, it should help with output (sorry if you've already done this, just figured it may help)

Drinking enough water is something I always struggle with so I'm working on it. But I think I wasn't pumping often enough, so I'm going to try adding extra sessions and see if that helps.

• Options
    First feed of the night... That was only a 2 hour stretch... Le sigh...

• Options

DH has really stepped up as a Daddy! This is our first and I had no idea how we'd handle it. He's amazing, so patient. I'm a hot mess. So stressed DS refuses to latch. We worked a ton with a LC and tried EVERYTHING!!! I have no idea if it's because he spent his first couple nights in the nicu and was on an IV the whole time? Or, because once he was off the IV, the first thing they gave him was a bottle. No idea, but he literally has a meltdown when I (or anyone) try to get him to latch. I've been a pumping machine and still have to supplement some. Frustrating.

Hope it gets a bit easier for you! Hugs!

• Options
    @conradraging have you looked up hands on pumping? I always get way more doing that than pumping by itself.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Options
    I'm gonna be whiney

We have nursed from 10 to midnight non stop, h slept. After that H got up to swaddle, and she went to sleep in her crib thing (we're still in the hospital)... For 30 mins. She screams bloody murder until we nurse again, for 5 minutes and she goes to sleep. Try to swaddle and put in the crib but nope she screams. She will only sleep on my chest. She is fine during the day, but at night she just wants me.

I just want to sleep and H is too frustrated to try and do anything but hand her back to me. He wants me to nurse with her swaddled but it just doesn't work for us. So he's sleeping and I'm here with 30 mins of sleep. He sees what a d bag he is during the day to let me nap, but I'm at my end right now. We go home tomorrow. Maybe her swing or something we have will help. For now I'm trying to stay awake. I'm so scared of sleeping and her rolling off.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Round 2 of feeding tonight. That stretch was a bit longer... Where are the 4 hour stretches that he does during the day and why can't those come at night!!

• Options
    I've gotten two hours of sleep the last 4 hours..gassy baby gives mommy no sleep :(
  • Options
    @1983lindsey‌ I feel your pain. I had to do that for the first week of LO life to help him gain weight. When pumping, try hands on pumping.ut really helped me to get more. Google it. And I hope you're able to stop that schedule soon.
    REVENGE!

• Options

Round 2 of feeding tonight. That stretch was a bit longer... Where are the 4 hour stretches that he does during the day and why can't those come at night!!

Charlie was like that until I started getting her up every 2 (maybe 3) hours during the day to eat. Now I get 3-4 hour stretches at night for the most part.

• Options
    JustCricketJustCricket member
    edited September 2014
    @Timscutie01‌ that's kind of what's been happening here. I feed her... lay her down, she fusses and then h picks her up and snuggles while I pump.
    By the time im done pumping she's sound asleep.

• Options
    @GingerGiraffe‌ awwww a giraffe!!!

I just fed dd and she was awful whiney towards the end. So I'm sitting there rubbinf and patting her back thinking she needs to burp.. nada. I put her down and hear the loudest fart ever. I may have checked twice to make sure it wasn't a poopsplosion. also, I'm so tired I forgot to put the memebranes on for the pump... I turn it on and took a solid 5min figuring out why there was no suction

• Options
    First MOTN feeding tonight...luckily I smartened up and kept cookies next to the bed ;)

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • Options

Finally got LO to sleep! We've been in a growth spurt so cluster feeding has been keeping me up the last few days and now he's decided that he will not sleep unless attached to my boob or laying on my tummy. Needless to say, my 2-3 hour window of sleep between feedings and changing has been reduced to under an hour. Blah.

THIS! All of this exactly, and unfortunately my DS is on the pillow in my lap and if I move him to his bassinet he will more than likely wake up and demand more food. I've been feeding him cluster style almost straight since 1 am YESTERDAY. ONE 3 hour span of straight sleep for both of us, now..my eyes burn and I've cried twice while SO is sleeping. He will be up and gone at 4 until Sunday :'(
  • Options
    I got up to feed DD2 and put her in her bassinet. Not even 10 minutes later, she is being miss fussy pants again. At least she let mommy go potty in peace. She then went back on the boob only to spit it all back up. Now I have spit up all over me and I'm too damn tired to get up and change my shirt.

stitches+cold+newborn+toddler=not fun. This shit sucks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LO ate great during our outing today, but has been mr fussy pants all night. He's been lasting only an hour from one feedings end to another ones start. It's exhausting. Normal but exhausting.

DH has been getting up with him first to see if the fussiness is something else. I'm grateful because otherwise I'd be on no sleep right now. 
    REVENGE!

• Options
    Ditto others. DD won't sleep without nip in mouth or on my chest. Getting ready to try the 20 min thing someone suggested.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hugs to you @crystalangel79‌! I'd visit you if I could!
    REVENGE!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"