Cloth Diapering
Options

~~~UOs~~~

Re: ~~~UOs~~~

• Options

What is this romance you speak of, jane?

I hear it's when the guy tells you sweet things and cuddles with you under a quilt at the beach. But maybe it's just a myth.

• Options
    Mapleme said:
    A quilt at the beach sounds too warm and I don't like Reggae

You're just not listening to good reggae.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    A quilt at the beach sounds too warm and I don't like Reggae
    #teammaple
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Calling someone else's kid 'my baby' is totally gross and unacceptable.

I am in a pissy enough mood right now that I'm tempted to answer the next person with, 'Wow, I didn't realize that I was screwing you when I got pregnant.'
    Also, it is not cute to refer to someone as "mommy" "daddy" "Grammy" etc when you are talking to them one on one as an adult. Like when I answer my phone and you say in a babyish, sugary sweet voice, "hey, mommmmmy. How are you doing today?" I should get to throat punch you. I'm not your mother.
    I hated it when people called me "Mama" while I was pregnant.  Just because I'm gestating does not make that my new all consuming identity.  
  • Options
    Maple, you should come over to my pine-covered house and we should drink and listen to Phish.
  • Options
    Maple, you should come over to my pine-covered house and we should drink and listen to Phish.

Oh, no, it's cool Stoney. I didn't want to do that or anything.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

Oh, no, it's cool Stoney. I didn't want to do that or anything.
    You're invited, too.  You'll have to have O'Douls, though ;)
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    Maple, you should come over to my pine-covered house and we should drink and listen to Phish. almost anything else
    FTFY
    I won't tell DH you said this ;)
  • Options
    @Stoneycakes State Radio?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    @Stoneycakes State Radio?
    I had to just google them and I think I've only heard like one of their songs.  I could listen to it, though.
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    Ooohhhhhh, you mean every boy I dated in high school?
    You mean the guy I married?
    Ditto.
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    Mapleme said:
    Maple, you should come over to my pine-covered house and we should drink and listen to Phish. almost anything else
    FTFY
    In truth I can listen to just about anything, but music is a background thing for me. If you sat me down and told me to "Listen, I mean, really LISTEN" to Phish I would feel really tortured. But if we were all hanging out smoking meat (and not weed) and Phish was playing on the ihome, I probably wouldn't even notice.
    I would never.  That's obnoxious.
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    Mapleme said:
    Mapleme said:
    FTFY
    In truth I can listen to just about anything, but music is a background thing for me. If you sat me down and told me to "Listen, I mean, really LISTEN" to Phish I would feel really tortured. But if we were all hanging out smoking meat (and not weed) and Phish was playing on the ihome, I probably wouldn't even notice.
    I would never.  That's obnoxious.
    I agree, that's why I was worried when DH told me he was really into music when we first started dating. But it turns out that we have really similar music tastes (even about Phish), so now he creates playlists for me to listen to whatever I want. He made our wedding playlist and both a "chill" and "power" playlists for the hospital when M was born. Now I want him to make M a lullaby mix. Oh, if you do tell YH about our Phish tastes, just be sure to mention that DH and I just picked up two cases of Heady Topper this morning.
    So you want to come over next weekend? ;)
  • Options
    @mapleme Who said anything about reggae? And the quilt is for the cool evening breeze...and to cover up if you get festive.

• Options
    Ok, I will try to cover everything here.

Country music sucks. It's just pop music with a twang.

Cake>Phish

The Doors rock

Christmas music can go DIAF. I love Christmas, but the music is annoying.

Cats :x
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Gah, stupid rough morning and being on the west coast. We're just now finishing breakfast and I've practically missed the whole thing.

As a classically trained musician, it's a pretty UO, but I LOVE playing musicals. I mean, I enjoy a good Beethoven symphony as much as the next violist, but my favorite is still being in the pit for shows. 

It also seems to be an UO around this house that there is a recovery period post partum. I have no family to help and was barely able to convince DH to stay home for a week. So here I am with a toddler and a newborn, all by myself. We all cried while I made breakfast this morning. Then we all sat on the couch while I fed the newborn and our breakfast got cold. At least the newborn slept through breakfast and is still sleeping. My toddler finally found something to do other than cry for a big hug too, so I can decompress a little. My husband just left. In the middle of all that insanity. He just left. Because getting up at 8:45 when you have a work call at 9:30 and are supposed to be in charge of getting the toddler up and breakfasted is totally appropriate. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    violajack said:
    Gah, stupid rough morning and being on the west coast. We're just now finishing breakfast and I've practically missed the whole thing.

As a classically trained musician, it's a pretty UO, but I LOVE playing musicals. I mean, I enjoy a good Beethoven symphony as much as the next violist, but my favorite is still being in the pit for shows. 

It also seems to be an UO around this house that there is a recovery period post partum. I have no family to help and was barely able to convince DH to stay home for a week. So here I am with a toddler and a newborn, all by myself. We all cried while I made breakfast this morning. Then we all sat on the couch while I fed the newborn and our breakfast got cold. At least the newborn slept through breakfast and is still sleeping. My toddler finally found something to do other than cry for a big hug too, so I can decompress a little. My husband just left. In the middle of all that insanity. He just left. Because getting up at 8:45 when you have a work call at 9:30 and are supposed to be in charge of getting the toddler up and breakfasted is totally appropriate. 
    I can't tell you how many times I ate breakfast, lunch and/or dinner while breastfeeding. I just brought the boppy to the dinner table.

Also, if you think it will help, I'd get a good carrier.  
  • Options
    violajack said:

This is also a UO around my house.  I feel for you. ((hugs)).  My husband took 3 days off (while we were in the hospital) and yesterday had the nerve to tell me that he thinks I"m doing a good job, but I could be doing better.  That I could be using my time better in order to get more things done.  It was all I could do not to beat the crap out of him.

I have a 7 year old, but I couldn't imagine doing it with a toddler.  That's hard work! Today my DD did complain that no one feeds her. I'm still trying to figure out how to manage 2 kids.  I hope your day gets better!

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Options
    Calling someone else's kid 'my baby' is totally gross and unacceptable.

I am in a pissy enough mood right now that I'm tempted to answer the next person with, 'Wow, I didn't realize that I was screwing you when I got pregnant.'
    Also, it is not cute to refer to someone as "mommy" "daddy" "Grammy" etc when you are talking to them one on one as an adult. Like when I answer my phone and you say in a babyish, sugary sweet voice, "hey, mommmmmy. How are you doing today?" I should get to throat punch you. I'm not your mother.
    I hated it when people called me "Mama" while I was pregnant.  Just because I'm gestating does not make that my new all consuming identity.  
    I hate when anyone calls me mama except DS and DH (when talking to DS).  When other women do it it is like nails on a chalk board to me.
  • Options
    cedentoncedenton member
    edited August 2014
    Ok, I will try to cover everything here.

Country music sucks. It's just pop music with a twang.

Cake>Phish

The Doors rock

Christmas music can go DIAF. I love Christmas, but the music is annoying.

Cats :x
    The bolded is a recent development only because MTV bought CMT. I prefer mostly country music before around 2005.  

Edited: What I mean is when Viacom bought CMT and then sort've included it with it's MTV networks.  Took a few years for the changes to take effect, but it definitely became more pop.
  • Options
    Good lord I'm behind in this one.

Romance in country music equals beer in the back of a truck on a dirt road, no?

I also married an ex-hippie. She went to woodstock 2. I'm sure she's seen phish live. She now listens to country with me. Though she also loves bob marley.

I noticed a tree across the street with leaves turning this morning. For serious. Fall is here. Commence apple picking.

And Christmas music is generally annoying when in public shopping places or the radio. At home, not as bad.

I like you. yes to all of this. Except I didn't marry an ex-hippie, mine's an ex-hardcore punk rocker. But then, so am I.
  • Options
    @violaja, hugs it hard, but you will get use to it. You need to set a new routing, and made sure both kids take a nap at the same time. When they are sleeping forget about cleaning or whatever needs to be done, you need to take a nap while they are sleeping too. Try to wake up before everyone,and take a bath. Then do your normal routing. Take it easy don't try to do to much. Remember what's important is to give attention to your toddler, the newborn baby is most of the time sleeping,eating and diaper change, but your toddler is the one the needs more attention right now. The way will be fast and easy for him to adjust to his/her sibling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks gals. I do have several good carriers, but right now, DS2 will just root and get mad in the ring sling or wrap. I can nurse him in the ring sling, but he doesn't have enough head control, so I still have to support him with one arm while he eats. I have eaten with him on the breastfriend many times. The problem this morning was that I made soft boiled eggs and couldn't peel them with only one hand. I did however get them out of the pot and into the ice water with one hand while holding DS2 and nursing him. But my toddler was going nuts through all of this, so once I got the eggs into the ice water, we went and sat on the couch so DS1 could calm down while DS2 finished eating. 

Some ibuprofen fixed the toddler, so I guess he's finally getting some 2 year molars. Fun times. And the newborn screamed while I cleaned the kitchen enough to be able to cook and then prepped breakfast, but by the time I could get to him, he had nearly given up and fallen asleep. That made me feel like a great mother :/

Oh, and DH tells me he doesn't feel like getting up at 7:30 to get up with DS. I about killed him. I definitely would have if he had tried to tell me how to manage my time better to get more stuff done. That's knife-in-the-back-while-you-sleep worthy. Or at least it's worth leaving him home alone with both kids for a while. I'm going to a conference in October, and I was planning on just taking DS2 so I could nurse directly, but at this rate, I may just leave DH home alone with both of them. I think I can have enough milk pumped by then. 

Another UO for your trouble - I really don't like listening to music in general. It's like work for me. I can't just let it be in the background. It's distracting and drives me crazy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    UO: I abhor country. I find most top 40 grating. I'm perfectly happy driving in silence.

I would throat-punch anyone who told me how to manage my time. Especially after having had a baby. *glower*

I used to dislike cats. Now I have 4 and adore them!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Ever since my work changed a year ago and I now have to drive in the car for 40 minutes, I actually listen to *gasp* talk radio while I drive. I feel much more knowledgeable about world events. And the radio sucks.

Maybe this is a confession. UO: Talk radio is ok.
    Talk radio is the best! NPR FTW!
  • Options
    Except for Prairie Home Companion.  That show is weird.
  • Options
    nevertunenevertune member
    edited August 2014

Ever since my work changed a year ago and I now have to drive in the car for 40 minutes, I actually listen to *gasp* talk radio while I drive. I feel much more knowledgeable about world events. And the radio sucks.

Maybe this is a confession. UO: Talk radio is ok.

When I worked I could listen to an ipod all day. I "read" so many books and listened to so many podcasts... I enjoyed learning stuff while my hands were busy. Talk radio is up my alley.

• Options
    @violajack‌ i am impressed with your restraint toward YH! I would be livid if mine didn't contribute fairly. I'm also impressed that you are cooking. I can't remember the last time I cooked breakfast!! Since DS2 came home, we always have a muffin or nutrigrain bar or toast with PB and fruit. I am still working on the eating-while-nursing thing. And half of DS1's meals are served at his plastic table in the living room. While he grazes. With the TV on. (Bad, bad mom!!)

• Options

Except for Prairie Home Companion.  That show is weird.
    This must not ever be on during my commute. WTF is it? Companionship for lonely prairie dwellers?
    It's on Saturday or Sunday or basically EVERY time I go out to run an errand on the weekend.  And I just listen to it and I'm like "I don't get it." I can't even explain it to you.  That's how much I don't get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"