• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wasnotwas Ha. Yah, I like that one.
  • Options
    Also, since I'm posting! LFO for life!  :P :)>-
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Options
    Ok. Is it about time for a growth spurt? She has been asleep for 2.5 hours and did this yesterday too!
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Options

I thought I was looking hot today, confirmed by these two dudes blatantly scoping my ass as I walked out of the sandwich place for lunch...cut to checking myself in the mirrored building and noticing that my ass, in the 3-times worn pants I am rocking, is flat, almost concave.

IN MY DEFENSE: laundry is hard, yo. and I am wearing a size too big pants because I have lost weight but haven't ditched my "fat" clothes yet  

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    I'm gong to hide this here because I just need to get it out of my system. My coworker and I were chatting about working in a manufacturing plant setting and she says "Now that you brought it up, I hope you don't mind my asking, and I hope this isn't rude. You are smart, like really smart. What the hell are you doing here? How did you get here?" Here meaning in our industry, not just me company (which she's worked in for 20 years).

I appreciate her honestly, and I'm not mad at her for saying that, but that statement hit me like a ton of bricks. In the back of my mind I am constantly doubting my career path and this just about made me cry. I really feel like I've screwed up my life (even though I love the industry I'm in) but am too scared/too averse to risk to try to go back to school to do something different.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What would you guys do? Thursday is a meet and greet at daycare for the fall semester. Both boys will have new teachers that I haven't met, so should we go from one class to another or divide and conquer? If we divide which room would you take and which would you have H take?
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    @momofcatan‌ Don't feel alone. I'm constantly doubting everything that is going on in my life career wise right now. I'm not where I thought I would be at 28 and I really don't know what I need to do to get a career and not just a job. If you ever want to talk, feel free to hit me up.

I will say, I am thinking about going back to school, but I feel that I just keep throwing degrees on a problem and not fixing it.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @phishgirl29 it almost depends who challenged you. DH launched a full public shaming media campaign against the one person who didn't respond to his. My sister tried to get an extension from him and his answer was "no way." So if you were challenged by an intense person like my DH it might be better to dump a bucket on your head!

• Options
    @nikel13 @steamboat 123 Thanks. I keep worrying that I'm only 26, so if I want to change now is the time. We plan on having more kids (maybe) so I feel like I need to make a decision NOW before it gets even tougher to switch paths. Right now DH I both make less than 1/2 of what our parents do (and I feel like I have very limited potential to grow that) but we want the same lifestyle we had growing up. I talk about going back to school because I think I could do/might enjoy accounting which would require going back to school.

At the same time I hate the idea of change...

• Options

FTR:  I'm not against dumping a bucket of water over my head.  I'm NOT for sharing it on the internet and roping three friends into doing it just because it's "the thing to do".  I will probably do it (once I recover from the surgery I had on Thursday) and just share the video with the person that challenged me.  

I'm not sure this whole thing is raising awareness. It seems like a silly chain letter.
    See DH is friends with Pete Frates, who has ALS and started it among our circle of friends. He has done fundraisers for him before and is really active in the cause. The public shaming part of it was more making sure the people he challenged understood it was a real cause and was mostly videos of people with ALS who were interviewed for this challenge. So basically he really believes in this and wanted to raise money and awareness and the people he chose are close enough to him that he was hurt if someone didn't even respond. He's not an asshole!

• Options
    @phishgirl29‌ you and DH probably wouldn't get along because he is friends with Pete Frates and that kid is really awesome and is doing as much as he can for charity before he dies. It's a cause he believes in and wanted to raise money for them, so if you said you made a donation to help cats instead he'd be hurt.

• Options
    I am definitely about time and money being the best way to help any cause. But in this day and age of fundraising, viral high jinx is the best way to raise a lot of money. And it is obviously working. So "awareness" is more getting free PR to get more donations. Which is why when DH picked people he specifically chose people that we knew weren't in a tight spot with money and wouldn't want to dump ice on their heads, because his point was to get them to donate.
    But the ribbons and pink stuff does need to stop. Especially since there is so much overhead on those organizations now and it's more of a for-profit enterprise. No matter where you chose to give, if you can, make sure you know your money is actually going to the cause, not a CEO for the org.
    There is a pink vacuum?!

• Options
    We eat out too much. I have to get my shit together and start putting things together so that I can make dinner at least a few nights a week. I used to do this before I had KJ but now it seems so much harder. Also, I'm trying to decide if I should continue the four hour body diet. Not eating carbs sucks! I cheated all last week because it was my birthday but now I don't want to start back. But I also don't want to be fat. *sigh*
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    @WasNotWas‌ It's not that he's opposed to making donations elsewhere or something, but if you approached someone for fundraising cause and they were like, "well not you, but that reminds me to give to this other cause" it would be a fundraising fail and that would suck. And I'm NOT saying that's what phish did. I just specifically said that phish should know who chose her and why before just ditching it. Which she obviously knows better than me. Anyone that knows DH knows this is something he feels strongly about.

• Options
    The pms is strong today. I feel never ending hungry like a bottomless pit. I need to stay out of the kitchen.
  • Options
    So this convo brings up a question DH and I have been talking about. The friend with ALS, Pete is 27 or 28 years old. When he was diagnosed a few years ago he was dating a girl, whom he ended up marrying last year. She is now pregnant. So they got pregnant knowing that it was very probable (and unfortunately looking like he won't last until delivery) that he will not be here raise his child. Would you guys have a baby with someone who is terminally I'll? I can see both sides. DH said he wouldn't want to if it was him because he would feel like it's irresponsible. But that being said they have a huge support network and if I loved someone I may want to be able to kind of keep a piece of them in this case.
    Just curious what others think they would do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"