May 2014 Moms
Options

random thoughts.

Re: random thoughts.

• Options
    Know what's not cool? 2 weeks of waking up between 2-4am to feed DD and then she STTN leaving me with majorly engorged boobs that hurt so I'm up regardless at 4:30am. FML. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why does DH always put LO's clothes on backwards? Is it that hard? This morning it was his onesie with a big pattern on the front. Yesterday it was his pants. They have a football on the butt and DH thought it went in front. And both days DH got pissed because I had to fix it. DH was like, he doesn't know the difference. But I wasn't sending him to DC like that!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @athn64‌ hope you get better soon!
  • Options
    Sam0905 said:

ho11yday said:

My dh wants a hairless cat.

... Is that a euphemism?
    Not my intention but yes he'd like both kinds of hairless cats.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    Omgz!11! The Slow Regard of Silent Things is coming out on 10/28.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    I love the smell of butter.
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I'm loving this fall weather even though it's gloomy and rainy. But...I am wondering how the heck I'm going to clean the poop stains out of DS' s clothes without the sun. :/
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hate waiting for repair people to show up.
  • Options

I hate waiting for repair people to show up.

I've been dealing with contractors for the past three days, one of which they didn't even show up. It's super fun.
  • Options
    All I wanna do at night is watch some trash TV (typically on Bravo) and eat icecream. I can never do it since I nurse DD to sleep and can't move from about 8p-10p.
  • Options
    kendy20kendy20 member
    edited October 2014
    Still not liking how everyone wants to see dd when we are out and about. DH and I went out to dinner with dd and used a high chair for her, btw was awesome to not have to hold her while we ate, and I got so tired of all the " she's so cute, how old is she? Your going to miss her being this age, ect". I. Used to like it but now I'm just over it all.
  • Options
    I'm so mad at myself. I came into the bedroom to go to sleep and was switching out the monitor cord with the fan cord and I dropped the heavy monitor plug on the hardwood floor. Now I'm nursing LO back to sleep instead of going to sleep myself. :((

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I ugly cried to DH today because I feel like a burden after this surgery. And not being to pick up DS like I want because it's pretty painful still. Thank gosh he's been there for it all because he knows I cannot handle not being in control and it's getting to me!
  • Options
    An unexpected hospital bill from delivery came in today. DH decided to flip out about it because he was expecting to use that money to buy a diffuser for my car and now is delayed. I called him immature. He said I was going to give our kids mental disorders.

We've apologized since but I'm still anxious about the whole thing now and probably will have difficulties falling asleep. Ativan or hydroxyzine... that's my dilemma.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    ns1ns1 member
    @THD7580‌ so sorry you're feeling crummy! I know what you mean about being a control freak. I'd probably be a mess in your shoes as well. Just keep letting yourself recover letting DH bond with LO. Hopefully this will pass soon and you'll be back to new!
  • Options
    I discovered there is something more painful than childbirth - getting your teeth drilled before the Novocaine kicks in! I now have to get a root canal and crown. At least I now know I need the highest dose of Novocaine possible...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hugs @thd7580!   Try to let things go.  You'll have plenty of time to catch up on chores later.  You don't want to do anything to delay your recovery and being able to enjoy those snuggles again.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    QOTR said:

Hugs @thd7580!   Try to let things go.  You'll have plenty of time to catch up on chores later.  You don't want to do anything to delay your recovery and being able to enjoy those snuggles again.

@ns1‌

Thanks ladies! Yeah it's a tough one with the little and not being able to care for him like usual. But my post op is on Monday so I'm hoping my dr says go ahead and resume normal activity! Fingers crossed

• Options
    My dad canceled weekend plans with us because his cat is sick. I'm a huge animal lover but I hurt my back, have a toothache and it's my birthday. And I know he's caving to my stepmother. So I'm pissed. But he made it clear that sick cat wins.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Why is it I have to apply now for my 2yo to go to preschool in September and why does it cost $20,000/year??? This is ridiculous!
  • Options
    @Cook251‌ that cake is adorable!
  • Options
    I want cake!
  • Options
    Hell, no one ever told me about baptism cake.  I might have given up my heathen ways years ago!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    ha!  It was unintentional, but that's funny.  :)
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I bought myself a keurig 2.0 today because I needed the new generation. I told DH I only paid half of what I actually did online for it., what he doesn't know won't hurt him.
  • Options

Why doesn't DD get the concept of Saturdays and sleeping in?

Same here. I tried to just put dd in her crib hoping she would just go back to sleep after feeding her, crazy thinking! Now she's in bed with us talking up a storm. Gotta love it!
  • Options
    Is comicsans banned?
  • Options
    Today is my nephews first birthday! Seems like just yesterday I was at the hospital meeting him and thinking "In 7 months i will be meeting my little one." :x
  • Options
    So DH decided he wanted to dtd while I was in the shower, LO was outside the bathroom door in her jumper...is that wrong? I mean it's not like she can see anything. Just feel a little mommy guilt I guess, we normally do it when she's asleep. Oh well ;-)
  • Options
    @Babybarlow2014‌ I was thinking I missed something.
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I'm feeling confused between all the name changes and talk of catfish. I only read threads on this board because when I have time to read more sleep wins out, and I feel like there's something really important going on elsewhere. I feel a little uneasy...
  • Options
    I fed DS his first applesauce today and he didn't like it as much as he's liked his veggies.. I guess that's a good thing! But I was really hoping he would love them as much as I love fruit. He may be a veggie guy and that's ok with me just odd I guess. :-/
  • Options

THD7580 said:

I fed DS his first applesauce today and he didn't like it as much as he's liked his veggies.. I guess that's a good thing! But I was really hoping he would love them as much as I love fruit. He may be a veggie guy and that's ok with me just odd I guess. :-/

I plan on doing only veggies the first four weeks or so. I'm really hoping it'll lead to DS loving veggies, 'cause I'm not a fan and I want him to have a more balanced diet than I... maybe I'm totally off base thinking it'll work though.

Yeah that's the route I was going for also. I just threw it in to see and also today he's had it and liked it more than yesterday. But he still loves his veggies. So I'm satisfied at that so far! Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I hurt my back and am laying in bed. DH is taking care of LO and I can tell that LO is cranky and am trying to resist the urge to help because DH will yell at me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"