April 2023 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Introduce Yourself:  I’m Laura. I’m 39 and live in Montana although I’m originally from Texas. This’ll be my second child, but my husband’s first.

Due Date:  I am a little confused on this, we had to resort to IUI, so according to that, it’s April 4th, but according to LMP, it would be April 6th. Nevertheless, since I am considered a high-risk pregnancy + am geriatric/AMA, I will probably be induced at the end of March.

How Did I Find Out:  
    Tested 12, 13 and 14 days post-IUI all of which were positive, then had beta HCG levels drawn on days 14 and 16 post-IUI. 

Tell Us About Yourself:  
    I technically work from home for the federal government but my job is too demanding for me to care for my 27 month old daughter, so she has the most wonderful nanny who is over the moon about me being pregnant.  My husband and I just got married 5 days before the IUI & his 40th birthday, so July was an eventful month. We’re in the process of buying a bigger house (thank God!) otherwise we would be in trouble once this LO arrives. We have 1 dog & were planning on getting a 2nd once we moved, but that might need to go on the back burner right now.  I wish my husband would relax because he’s terrified of me having a miscarriage.

How Am I Feeling:  The daily morning sickness hasn’t kicked in yet, although I’ve had it once, but I’m having all the other symptoms… my boobs are HUGE, hurt like **** & I’d chop them off if I could; my GI system has gone bonkers; my food aversion is one of my favorite foods 😭, etc.  Emotionally, I’m cautiously excited.  I’ve had one miscarriage years ago but never had a single symptom, so all the 👎🏻 pregnancy symptoms make me feel more positive.  I’ll feel better once I have my first ultrasound in 12 days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself: I'm Nicole, 33 y.o. Originally from the East Coast but moved to the PNW at the start of the pandemic, where I live with my husband, 14 month old son, and a menagerie of farm animals.

Due date? No idea yet...based on LMP, April 9. But I typically don't have a 28 day cycle, so maybe closer to April 15. Tbd!!

How did you find out? Hubs and I have been TTC #2 but I am still breastfeeding and didn't have a postpartum period yet. Finally got my first period in July. We were driving to meet my family for vacation (today!), I told my husband I'm either going to get my period on vacation or I'm pregnant so I should probably take a test before we arrive bc there will definitely be some drinking on this trip. Picked up a test, peed at a rest stop, and now here we are 😆

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):  My husband and I are from the East Coast (NY and PA)...lived in Pittsburgh for 12ish years but moved out to Oregon in Feb 2020. All of our family is on the east coast still so the timing of our move ending up being terrible!! We have a 14 month old son (May 2021 baby). I am a SAHM but used to work in the mental health industry. Husband is in cyber security. We have a small hobby farm of alpaca, sheep, goats, chicken, and quail. We also have a Bernese mountain dog, 1 indoor cat and 2 barn kitties (one of which is a tripod and the sweetest little thing)

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? So excited! We have been TTC but without having a postpartum period, it had been a little tricky and also disappointing anytime I would think I might be pregnant but then wasn't. Also feeling a little anxious---I had a pretty traumatic delivery with my first plus a really difficult first 6 months of his life, and I just hope this time things go differently. Physically no symptoms yet
  • lillynormallillynormal member
    edited August 2022
  • Hi! I live south of Chicago and I turned 32 last week.

Due date? April 14

How did you find out? POAS on my birthday and got a negative (the only test I had left). Didn’t get my period on Friday like I was supposed to so I picked up a pack of tests on Saturday and POAS and got a positive on a digital!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):

H and I have been together for 11 years and married for 8. We have a June 2015 daughter who does ballet and softball and an April 2018 son who is all about baseball and toy story! This will be babe #3 (the finale!). We also have a rescued lab mix, Georgia, that we got 1 month after we married. She’s getting older but still loves to chase the kids outside and romp in the snow☺️ I am a coordinator for a grant funded community health program. I work 3-4 days a week and love the balance it gives between adult interaction and mom-ing😅

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)?

Feeling ok. I had terrible shoulder pain over the weekend and got some crappy sleep but my heated rice pack seemed to do me some good last night! I’m waiting until next week to see if this pregnancy will be more like my daughter’s- barely felt nausea at all, or like my son’s- slightly more nauseous and lots of food aversions.

• Introduce yourself: Kimberly :)
    28 years old, ER nurse, in school for PMHNP. From ATL, GA

Due date? April 14th, close to my fiancés  birthday 

How did you find out? After checking the trash can… lol took a test out of curiosity before even missing my period. Threw the BFN test in the trash, checked it again and it was positive! So I found out at 3 weeks and 5 days. Called my fiancé while he was at work, we were already fighting. First i called to smooth things over, leaned over in the trash can, then said “sceindlyyy, I’m pregnant 😭”

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): one dog, first time mom and dad. I like to cook, learn about emergency medicine, explore eastern medicine, holistic eating. I have apaint brushes and an electric guitar that’s getting dusty. Would like to get back into that when I find time. 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Bloated, happy, sad, constipated, headache, hungry, scared, excited and sleepy 🥱 
  • Introduce yourself: Ana from north east Chicago suburbs, 34 yo and this is my first pregnancy!!

Due date?
    4/14

How did you find out?
    I tested 5 days before my cycle was meant to come and was negative.. was bummed and had a glass of wine 🍷 then retested 1 day after missed cycle and was shocked.
    Had to wait an hour for my hbd to wake up and surprise him!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): husband and I married in Mexico last year and decided to start trying this past May

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Breast soreness. Emotionally I feel the same which is great. Scared of nausea kicking in because I have a long drive to work and don’t have the luxury of staying at home
  • @babitobebe you might get lucky and not have to puke! Start keeping plastic bags in your purse now though. As a fellow commuter, it saved me a couple times last time around  :#
  • edited August 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Megan. 1st time momma and first pregnancy!

Due date? 4/14/23

How did you find out? Positive beta result from FET

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): my wife and I had 3 embryos from her egg retrieval after PGT, highest quality, female, did not take, but #2 baby girl did! We’re excited to expand our family. We love camping in our remodeled 1988 Fleetwood Terry Resort, traveling, karaoke, thrifting, time with family, and cuddling our sweet pups.

No symptoms yet besides general heaviness - almost feels like being on my period with the warmth. Just basking in the knowing our little girl is growing in there.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi I am Cortney, I am 30 years old and live in North Carolina with my husband, Jarrett.

Due date? April 16 according to app, haven't been to doctor yet to confirm.

How did you find out? Tested at home 4 days before missed period and again the day of missed period, both are positive.  Still no period, 3 days late, so finally feeling like this is really real!  

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): My husband and I got married last July and just celebrated our one year anniversary, the same weekend I was ovulating!   We have two dogs, a chocolate lab named Ellie and a mixed breed named Quinn!  We started trying earlier this year, and I am still in shock that it is real and just trying to soak in every moment!

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? My boobs are definitely swollen and slightly tender and I have had some on and off light cramping but other than that I feel great so far!  I don't get to go to the doctor to confirm everything for another two weeks, so trying to stay patient while we wait, but very excited!!
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hi, I’m Sarah and I grew up in Wheaton (Chicagoland area) but live in Mississippi at the moment.

Due date: April 10

How did you find out: I’ve been tracking my ovulation since my period returned after my son was born last August. My husband got back from deployment June 30 and my cycles are VERY regular. First positive test 10 days post ovulation.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): my son turned 1 last week and we have 2 dogs. I work in tech and my husband is an Air Force pilot which is why we live in MS.
    I liiive for my peloton bike and tread. I was on the bike when I went into labor last year 😂

Maybe more tired but I honestly feel pretty normal. My first pregnancy was symptom free other than fatigued from week 7-10 so I guess we’ll see if this follows a similar track.
  • sgpetriesgpetrie member
    edited August 2022
    @peachring87 YES to loving your Peloton!! Are you in any of the pelo preggo Facebook groups? They were everything during my first pregnancy.
    My leaderboard name is: VannaWhite
  • edited August 2022
    Introduce yourself: I’m Annie in Colorado, 33yrs old

Due date?: April 22, 2023

How did you find out?: 9 or 10DPO FRER with a decent line and then a digital test

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):
    I am an administrative social worker in grant management. My spouse is an elementary school PE teacher. We have two older small dogs. We go to lots of concerts. I’d like to take advantage of Colorado nature more often but it can be difficult to get out of the city sometimes. We’re pretty social people. Ive also nannied off and on so I’m feeling pretty confident about gear and products I like. Which is way off in the future but it takes some the anxiety out of planning.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)?: happy yet cautiously optimistic! I’ve had cramping but not the horribly painful kind I get before and during menstruation. I had a couple of nights of restlessness during the LP.
  • I’ll be thinking of you often and wish you healing.
  • iiireneiiirene member
    edited August 2022
    @knottie368418b34c1ebe43
      Yay! Another Colorado gal! Welcome! You might want to check out the post on changing your knottie user name  :)
  • edited August 2022
    Introduce Yourself: I’m Lexa. I’m 23 and in Indiana. (I changed my username to lexalea but it’s not showing up here for some reason…)

Due Date: April 20th

How Did I Find Out: I had a feeling I was, but I’ve had that feeling before haha. Decided to test 3 days before my period was supposed to start and was still shocked when it was positive.

Tell Us About Yourself: I’m an accountant and work from home. My husband and I have a commercial video production company as well, and he’s in grad school. We stay busy around here lol! We started dating in 2016, and got married in 2020. This is our first pregnancy and we are so excited!

How Am I Feeling: I have been SO nauseous. It’s been almost around the clock nausea. Can only sleep for a few hours at a time and it’s been pretty brutal. Boobs are very sore. I’m nervous about getting through the rest of the first trimester when I’m this nauseous already and I’m not even 5 weeks. If anyone has any recommendations PLEASE let me know!
  • B6 + Unisom helps with nausea and is pregnancy safe! I need to get some of that too, constant nausea is no fun. Otherwise, keep saltines on hand and try to not go too long between meals. Anything ginger or mint flavored might help too. 

None of those things completely get rid of it, but it can make it more bearable. I’m sorry you’re so sick so early! 
  • @cara206 I hear you on the covid fears! I've dodged it so far, vaxxed and boosted, but no one really wears masks anymore and we're going back to school at the end of the month. 🤞 we're all fine. Congratulations x2 due to the wedding, I hope all goes of without issue. Remember to stay hydrated and get something to eat at the reception. :) 
  • @cara206 my coworker who sits next to me tested positive last year, I still dodged it! I’m also vaxxed and boosted. Hopefully you’ll dodge it too, that’s horrible timing for an exposure! 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi, I’m Aimee! I’m from South Carolina and I’m 21.

Due date? - April 9th

How did you find out? - My husband and I were grocery shopping and he dropped a frer test into the cart, told me he just had a feeling. I went home, took it and it was positive. I was shocked as it was about 4-5 days before my period should have been due. It was confirmed as well with a blood test at the lab a few days after!

My husband is a mechanic and I stay at home. We have 5 dogs, 2 cats and an iguana!. We collect retro video games for fun and enjoy playing them as well.

Tw: We have a daughter who would be 4 in November but passed in 2020 due to medical issues. So we are extremely nervous about this pregnancy but excited as we’ve been trying for a while. : End tw

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? - My emotions are all over the place currently, mood swings are in full effect. I’ve been nauseous but haven’t thrown up much. The grocery store is currently my worst enemy, all the smells together are just too much.
  • @cara206 I tested positive for covid the day after I found out I was pregnant (also vaxxed and boosted), and so far everything is okay. Not meaning to scare you that you have it but reassure you that, even if you get it, it most likely will be okay! I was terrified, but all is well!  
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! My names Lisa and I’m 27 years old

Due date? Going by my period my due date is around April 17

How did you find out? We’ve been trying for a few months, I had no hope for this month but I just felt different so I decided to test!

This will be our first baby, but we have 2 dogs that we love very much! I’ve been married to my high school sweet heart for 8 years 🥰 I work from home for an insurance company

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? I’m excited but this all feels fake like tomorrow I’ll find out I was wrong all along. My current symptoms are mild cramping, weird taste in my mouth and sore boobs.

I scheduled my first ultrasound for 9/12 it could’ve been 9/5 but I’ll be on a cruise!
    I’m happy to be here with you ladies 🥰
  • Due date? 4/1

How did you find out? We had just started trying and my period was two days late. Was trying so hard not to get my hopes up but decided to take a test and was thrilled it was positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): Married to a wonderful husband and we have an adorable golden retriever who is turning two on Monday (pandemic puppy). I put a “big sister” bandana on her to tell my husband. I work in tech managing a sales team. Love hiking, gardening, art, reading, buying plants from Trader Joe’s, and being a homebody. 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? This week has been a rollercoaster. I had some bleeding last week, got blood tests done, found out my hcg only rose 23%, was told it wasn’t the best sign, prepared myself mentally and emotionally for a MC, went in for an ultrasound today and got to see the yolk sac and fetal pole and hear the heartbeat! I’ve been feeling really nauseous, so tired, sore breasts, and out of breath when I even go for a basic walk (which my dog doesn’t appreciate). 

@acleverusername, I live in Monterey too! (PG specifically). Assuming things go well for us, it’ll be good to have a local buddy!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi, I'm Abby! I live in Texas, and I'm 35 (I guess that puts me in the Geriatric pregnancy category over here! 🤣)

Due date? April 23

How did you find out? I ran out of my bulk pregnancy tests (the cheap ones from Amazon) this month, since I started testing WAY too early, just in case. Wasn't expecting anything this month, but while waiting for my next box of tests to arrive, I felt some cramping and felt off, so I picked up a FRER, (and cringed at the price. $20 for 2 tests!?! The cheap ones are like $0.12). It was positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): SAHM to two very energetic kids (5 and 2). My husband and I have been married for 6 years. I love to bake, read, and make things (I do a lot of different craft-type stuff).

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Happy, but a little nervous. I do not enjoy being pregnant, and tend to feel pretty terrible the whole time, so I'm worried about keeping up with my kids.

I recently started trying to lose some weight, and had finally found a good rhythm of diet and exercise. I plan to keep exercising, but I don't think I'm supposed to keep dieting, right? Anyone dealt with this, or have any advice? I'm excited to be pregnant, but a little bummed that I am going to lose any progress on weight loss.
  • @abbsters-2 I'm right there with you on the weight loss thing! I've always been a tad overweight but after my child I gained 35 pounds so I really packed on quite a bit. I've always struggled to lose weight so I just finally got back to where I was only 10 pounds away from where I was at the start of my last pregnancy. My goal is to basically maintain my weight during the first trimester, trying not to give into my unhealthy cravings too much lol. Ultimately I'm shooting shooting gain more like 25 for this pregnancy
  • Hello, my name is Alex and I’m terrified / excited. I really want this to stay real.

Due date: April 15th :)

How did you find out? I really was trying so hard not to get my hopes up so I didn’t test until 3 days past my period due date even though I know I’m a 28 day cycle on the dot girl. I took the only test I had and was ecstatic! I hope I always remember how good it felt to see that little blue positive. I had previously planned to tell him in a cute way but I immediately ran out and shoved the test in my husbands face lol.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I am in a senior leadership role at a MFG company. I love woodworking and anything that is typically marketed towards basic women.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? My boobs hurt more than they ever have before. I e had cramps and annoying bloating but haven’t felt much nausea yet.

Great to meet all of you!
  • TW: loss mentioned

Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Erin from South Carolina. I’m 31 and this will be my first child.

Due date? April 5 but I’m hoping a day early because that’s my grandma’s birthday!

How did you find out? I was feeling not great and super anxious. I was really not thinking pregnant but I keep a bag of tests under the sink and 8 tests later here we are!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): My sweet husband and I have no living children. We have experienced four losses over the last two years which has been really hard. We have one dog named Winston and he’s a handful but he’s wonderful too. I currently work part time for a chiropractor as my occupation but my vocation is writing and I’m currently working on a really fun novel! Other than that I love to bake and I’m getting into gardening and embroidery!

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)?  Hesitant and nervous because of our past losses but also really excited. This is the first time the docs have been optimistic early on and the ultrasound we got at 6 weeks showed a strong heartbeat with a nice roomy sac and everything measuring right one target! Physically my boobs hurt and I’ve started recently getting some nausea and I’m tired all the time but nothing horrible.
  • @baker_bee I am so sorry for your losses! Feel free to vent/share your anxiety in the Pregnancy after Loss Safe Space thread. Sending you hugs and hoping that this pregnancy will deliver you THB!
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• ashka86ashka86 Newbie
    edited August 2022
    Hi, I'm new to all this. First time pregnant.

Due date? Not confirmed yet but i think 18th of April 2023

How did you find out? Numerous pregnancy tests

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I'm 36, from Ireland, have two cats and a husband.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Feeling excited as its my first pregnancy after a long fertility journey and a bit anxious too that everything will go well
  • @sstoro2020 we have a Pregnancy After Infertility Safe Space in case you need a place to hang around. I know that it's kind of disbelief to be pregnant after such a long time of NOT being pregnant but trying so hard. I'm so happy that in the end, you'd found a specialist that heard you and helped you. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• Hey everyone!
    I'm Tay. I'm 36, born & raised in Texas and this will be my 2nd baby (12 years apart!)

Due Date: April 21 (my parents 39th anniversary!)

How did you find out?
    LOL! well.... we've been trying/not trying for almost 3 years and I thought it was weird that my nips hurt for 2 days right before my period. I was 1 day late, which is normal for me, but tested anyway just because. I was 100% confident it would be negative and when I glanced over there was a BLAZING purple positive line.
    To say I was shocked is an understatement.

We have a son, 11, who will turn 12 right before new baby gets here. It's a big age gap but he's soooo excited. He's wanted a sibling for forever. I'm a marketing coordinator & run an independent art business on the side. My husband is in Dev Ops and we're looking forward to this new adventure!
  • Hello all! I am currently 6 weeks and 2 days along with my third baby! I have a son and a daughter who are 7 and (almost) 4! I had two c-sections and am aiming for a Vbac. I also have a bicornuate uterus which means I have two uteri’s that share a wall!

I found out I was pregnant a couple weeks ago and it was a complete shock and surprise. I am over the moon and ready, even though this was and out of the blue gift ;)

The only problem I’m really struggling with right now is not knowing whether or not the father wants to be in the picture. Either way, I know I will be okay. My babies will be okay because they have me and I’m a damn good momma ;) some men just aren’t willing to grow up and do the right thing. But I got this.

My first prenatal appointment is on September 6, so I’m anxiously awaiting the day!

Due date is April 10, 2023! Anyone else??
  • Annalise36Annalise36 member
    edited August 2022
    Introduce Yourself:  Hi, I’m Annalise. I’m 39 and live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. 

Due Date:  April 22, 2023

How Did I Find Out:  10DPT, we had our first FET on August 4, and I took a pregnancy test at home and a beta blood test on August 15 and confirmed that we are pregnant!

Tell Us About Yourself:  My husband and I were married in May 2021 and have been TTC since then and we were struggling. We started our IVF journey in April 2022 and just had our first FET. Fingers crossed that "Shug" sticks! I am a meeting planner and my husband is a marketing manager. I enjoy reading, love traveling, drinking wine (when not preggo), playing ice hockey, and we have 3 cats (furbabies) named Maverick, Nala, and Massimo.

How Am I Feeling:  Overall, I am feeling good! I still have to take IVF FET Meds for the next 8-10 weeks, so I'm bruised and the exhaustion struggle is real and I've been turning into a pumpkin at 8 PM. I've been bloated, and I've had mild implantation cramping.
  • Introduce yourself: Hiii! I’m Krystal! I’m 35 and cure residing in SE Tennessee 

Due date? April 3,2023 (if we’re going by LMP)

How did you find out? I craved hotdogs, and my boobs were ridiculously sore. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? I have 2 beautiful teenage children from my previous marriage.(16 and 14). And a bonus 9 year old. Im currently managing the Accounts Receivable department for a nation wide Trailer company. Things you like to do? I love being outdoors, in the water. Pool, lake, river, ocean(when I can make it there) Spouse/partner?): my husband and I have been married for 8 months and we’ve been TTC since before we got married. I’ve had one MC back in December of last year.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? IM ridiculously excited and also a bit scared.  As far as symptoms go I’ve experienced nausea, vomiting, bloating, headaches and my boobs have grown about 2 full cup sizes. I’m only 7 weeks but I’ve had such intense symptoms. 
  • Welcome @kcerny87 and @Annalise36
    @Annalise36 we have a Pregnancy After Infertility Safe Space you may want to check out. 
    @kcerny87 also have a Pregnancy After Loss Safe Space that's been really helpful. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022