2nd Trimester
Options

What week did u feel your baby move for the first time?

Hi ladies, just curious what week did u feel first baby movement? I m 13 w 2 days. Can’t wait to feel baby moves. I know I have awhile to go but really looking forward to it.  ;)

Re: What week did u feel your baby move for the first time?

• Options
    I was definitely sure I felt movements around 16/17 weeks with both. My second was an anterior placenta but off to one side. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really started feeling movement around 20 weeks or so. I have an anterior placenta, FWIW. (But they can move!)
  • Options
    I felt movement at 19 weeks on the dot. (Am 24 weeks now). At my last ultrasound they said it can really depend on placement of things like your placenta. Mine happens to be behind baby so when she moves around it's very easy for me to feel it. 
  • Options
    Around 22 weeks for my first pregnancy. 19/20 weeks for my second (currently 22w). I have an anterior placenta this time so feeling movement took longer than I expected for a second pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I had an ultrasound appointment at 19+1. My doctor asked if I started feeling anything and I was like, nope…nothing yet! Most likely it was because she mentioned it and I actually started paying close attention, but I started feeling the baby move the very next day! 
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy, I’m 15 weeks and feeling baby move at least once daily. It started last week at 14 weeks. 
  • Options
    I am at 16 weeks, first pregnancy and started to feel baby move for the first time on New Years Eve🧡 so at 15w2d. Now I can feel baby move at least once per day.
    What did it feel like for you the first time baby moved ?
  • Options
    Im almost certain i felt the first flutter around 14/15 weeks. Im 17 weeks now and i can feel every small movement. Everytime we tried to get his heartrate checked he was tossing and turning the entire time so we know hes very active when hes awake.
  • Options
    15 weeks I thought it was gas and 16 weeks I read it’s when I would start feeling it, so I was actually aware of it 
  • Options
    I became aware of little flutters right around 14 weeks, and every place I read said it was most likely just gas because the baby is too small to feel. But this baby has measured larger than average for the entire pregnancy, and I am very in tune with my body this time around. Today at 22 weeks, I can already watch him with my eyes as he twists around and he occasionally jabs hard enough I will actually pee a little. Strong little guy.
    I lost my first few pregnancies before I ever was aware of feeling their movements. My daughter was difficult, she was virtually still until I was about 22 weeks, and she was always pretty still (until birth, hahaha). 
  • Options
    I didn’t feel a thing until 19 weeks. Started feeling flutters. Right at the 20 week mark I started feeling him move regularly, now at 22 weeks I feel him all day. 
  • Options
    I felt him moving just a couple times throughout the day right around 20 weeks.  I'm 24w now and feel him all day. He especially perks up at dinnertime after a few bites of warm food!
  • Options
    Flutters at 16 and more bigger kicks at 18. Im 19 right now and I could actually feel them on the outside but it more than likely a head or a butt lol. Their feet are still tiny and kicking my bladder today lol.
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta so I started feeling my baby around 22 weeks.
  • Options
    I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow but I've been feeling baby move for about a week or two now though it's hard to feel sometimes unless im focusing on it, still don't know where the placenta is placed but I believe it's an anterior placement, I'm also small and skinny so that could be a factor for me as well. 
  • Options
    I started feeling hints of movement between 15-16 weeks while being very still laying down with my hand gently below my belly button. DH can feel him too but usually when he does I can't also feel it. I'm 18 weeks now and feel the softest little pokes here and there when sitting around. Nothing super strong yet, but I feel little things throughout the day.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I started noticing some occasional movement between week 16-17. I'm 19 weeks, this is my 2nd and can feel very distinct movement.  Especially at night. 
  • Options
    first pregnancy, i felt her move at 20 weeks
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2022
    I can't remember exactly, maybe 18 or 19 weeks. I felt him stomp straight down on my uterus. For the longest time after birth, about a year or so, he kicked his legs straight down to stretch them out during various times. We called him stretchy guy and I wonder if that's what he was doing in my uterus.  
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    I was feeling hints of it between 14-17wks? But nothing definite to say it was the baby. So it could be gas bubbles or cramp. But on my 19th week, (which was just last week) is when baby started making its movement known. 100% the baby this time for sure. And since that day its been active every single day. I feel it constantly moving inside especially when I rest my hands just below the bellybutton. Most times baby is on my right side. Baby is active and strong! Its moving as I'm typing this lol its been doing this for the past couple hours that I'm starting to wonder if normal for baby to be moving this much lol
  • Options
    Im currently 19 weeks and this is my second pregnancy. I felt my little peach move at about 14 weeks.
  • Options
    I am 19 weeks and felt movement at 18 weeks. This is my first pregnancy.
  • Options
    Random flutters and the occasional “stomach flip” type feeling every couple days starting at 13 weeks and now at 15w5d I feel little taps and flips throughout the day. 
  • Options
    Me too!
  • Options
    13 with my first and 15 with my second. My second is not as big a kicker as his older brother lol (who still routinely kicks me)
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I felt the “flutter” at 16 weeks but then didn’t start feeling real movement until exactly 19 weeks. It’s the most amazing feeling and the best part of my day!
  • Options
    chelleauchelleau Just Joined
    This is my first pregnancy and I just started feeling the tiniest little flutters and kicks at 16 weeks. It’s like the tiniest poke or flick from the inside. I have an anterior placenta, so this is extremely abnormal, but exciting! My husband is a physician and felt a tiny one today!!
  • Options
    I didn’t see this thread! I just posted this question on the great big questions thread. Lol 

Never felt a baby before, this one is my first, and I think I am starting to feel her now at 15 weeks. Started up a bit last week though but I wasn’t sure then. It’s definitely flutters and like I dunno something swimming in there lol it’s a trip! 
    Every time I sneeze she moves haha when we did our last US at 13 weeks she was moving so much! Tech said that it was good she’s moving a lot already. 
  • Options
    I felt my first at 16 weeks and now started to feel my second at 13 weeks. Almost at 15 weeks now and I’m blown away by how strong I’m feeling him (not nearly as strong as 3rd trimester).
    My daughter stayed very low my entire pregnancy. I had zero relief from frequent urinations, in fact it only got worse. The same thing seems to be happening with this little guy too. I think that’s partially why I’ve felt him so early.
  • Options
    19 weeks today w twins & haven’t felt what I think is them yet. Lots of movement in there but hard to tell if it’s gas or babies
  • Options
    16 weeks I knew for sure it was my little guy. I'm 23 weeks and he's extremely active, last night my husband was rubbing my belly in circles and everytime he touch a certain part the baby kicks him, he did it like 20 times in a row, silly baby! 
  • Options
    aggie1011aggie1011 member
    edited May 2022
    Second pregnancy and have been feeling sporadic movements since 14 weeks. 15 weeks 3 days now. I was 16 weeks before I felt movements with my first.
  • Options
    tpecitpeci member
    With my first around 22 weeks and nothing regular before 24 weeks (had anterior placenta as well).  With this one, I still have anterior placenta but have felt baby on off at 14 & 15 weeks and now feel him about once a day (16+ weeks). It's really different for everyone and also depends on if it's your first or more!
  • Options
    I felt movement in week 17, this is my second pregnancy!
  • Options
    I started feeling little pokes and kicks around 13 weeks! I thought it was just gas but I spoke to my midwife and she booked me in for an ultrasound and I was able to see them moving and feeling it at the same time, kind of freaky since this is my first but so exciting!
  • Options
    With my daughter (first baby) - 16 weeks! This baby is way less active, but I felt him move for sure around 10 weeks, and now at 15 weeks I am feeling a lot more movement, and my husband was able to feel him rolling around from the outside! So cool.
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy, and I just started feeling my son move at 18wks! 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    First pregnancy, 18 weeks, I don't think I have felt what I can confidently say is baby. It's probably something much less glamorous like gas or digestion.  :D I look forward to the day though!