October 2022 Moms
Options

Baby Movement

Hello

For those of you who have felt the baby move- how frequent is it? Do you notice some days you aren’t feeling them, some days you are?

Re: Baby Movement

• Options
    It has totally been off and on, more off than on. I remember it being the same with DS and with him I don't think I felt them consistently with him until after 20 weeks or so. Anterior placenta this time so I'm trying to not be too concerned if I don't feel them strongly or frequently.
  • Options
    Felt the first movements on Saturday (16w6d). They were little nudges and pokes, not really "flutters" like I remembered from my previous pregnancies. I notice them a few times throughout the day, when I'm sitting still and paying more attention.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tpecitpeci member
    Hey! Started feeling some movement at 14 weeks (now am a bit over 15 weeks) but definitely very sporadic. Most days I feel nothing then I'll feel a few bumps/swishes. It's ridiculously early, I didn't feel anything before 22w with my first so I really didn't expect it this early. I definitely wouldn't worry if you don't feel much yet, even more so if you're a first time mom!
  • Options
    I’m 19w today and felt the baby kick at 17+5. Never felt flutters just kicks right away and feel her every single day sporadically. My doctor did mention this is VERY early and unusual to feel this much movement this early, I just happen to be growing a soccer star. I believe the usual timing is around 23-24w. 
  • Options
    I think I’ve felt flutters/kicks and yesterday while sitting on the bed I definitely think I felt kicks. I’m 17/3 but I’m not sure. 
  • Options
    20+0, anterior placenta, FTM... and I THINK I might have occasionally felt... something. In particular between 4am and 5am. However, I have no idea if it's just my insides being weird. Definitely didn't feel like gas or stomach gurgles.
  • Options
    ficheyfichey member
    Since around 16w I think I've been able to feel her? It's like indigestion without the actual indigestion if thar makes sense? I told my husband it feels like poprocks got lost inside my body. This week I've definitely been feeling more pronounced. I just really want to be able to feel her from the outside 😭
  • Options
    Felt the first flutter sensation in week 16. I had a sharp cramp on my right side and then almost immediately after, a gentle tap tap in my lower left. It was funny, like my baby was going hey mom what was that?  I'm almost at week 18 now and have felt the flutter sensation about three times since then, so it's very sporadic. 
  • Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @fichey YES! The analogy about Poprocks is what I've been feeling like... weekly and in very specific spots. I wish it was regular, like daily, but I am not so lucky.

@krthouse That's so far awayyyyyyy
  • Options
    I've been getting little fluttery kicks a couple of times a day. I had more consistent movement with my first three at this point but I'll take any movement. 
  • Options
    20 weeks tomorrow and I am getting really good movements daily despite the anterior placenta. 
  • Options
    I have been told by my consultant that now I feel baby movements daily I should begin to monitor them 
  • Options
    17+3 here and I've been feeling fluttery kicks, rolling baby, and the occasional swift kick daily. My husband was thrilled to feel the baby push up. It makes me happy that he still gets excited about it even though it's our fourth baby.
  • Options
    I *think* I may be feeling flutters/movement the last few days - although still nervous I'm mistaking it for gas.  18w and anterior placenta, but I'm pretty sure at least some of them were baby...
  • Options
    @sandy5693 I bet some of them are! I have had anterior placentas with all four of my pregnancies and I always felt movement early on. OBs say it *could* delay feeling movement but not necessarily that it will. It's a good day when it becomes consistent obvious movement.
  • Options
    19W+2 here, ftm with anterior. To the best of my knowledge, still haven’t felt anything 😬 
  • Options
    I started feeling sporadic movement at 15 weeks. Now at 17 and they’re a bit more consistent but nothing reliable. My dr told me not to get too caught up in tracking movement until 22-25 weeks since until then sensations can come and go depending on the baby’s position etc. I doubt I’ll be able to really stick to that advice, but for now while I can go a whole day feeling nothing it’s comforting. 
  • Options
    16 w 3 days. Wasn't sure the last couple days since it is my first pregnancy but definitely confident I felt her move yesterday. It feels like a muscle twitch when I never really have a muscle sensation there. At the end of the night I felt it tapping on my right side; I thought it was all internal but my husband felt it with his hand and said exactly the spot I was feeling it. Posterior placenta so the tech said i'll feel a lot of movement. 
  • Options
    18w5d here with an anterior placenta. I ‘think’ I feel something every couple days, usually on my right side. No strong or definite movement but feels like a swish or rolling sensation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Doc said I’d prob feel something more definite by 22ish weeks.
  • Options
    Okay, I'm sure I am feeling something at this point (the "popping" sensation people describe) - but it is always in the same place...is that normal?  I'm still not believing myself  :D
  • Options
    @sandy5693 For me it was always the same spot until this week, so for a few weeks it was the one spot.
  • Options
  • Options
    The first times I felt it was about 4 weeks ago. I'm 18 weeks. It felt more like a little gas bubble that didn't hurt but just felt a little strange. Generally the baby is moving about every 3 hours or so depending on what I'm doing. Usually only lasts for like 5-30 seconds. I'm 18 weeks and 2 days and last night my husband was finally able to feel the movement from the outside. More of a tiny twitch then a kick for him.
  • Options
    Baby is wiggling tonight! She's sort of tickling an odd-feeling spot too and I can feel her much more distinctly tonight than I have before. I need to go to bed but now I'm too excited to!
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    I’m feeling what feels like kicks but only around the top of my pants when I’m sitting down (the waist line? Is that the word I’m looking for? My brain isn’t working yet). Or like in the car when I’m wearing my seat belt. That’s where I felt the first kicks with DD too but for some reason I’m having trouble believing that’s what they are? Is anyone else only feeling kicks there? I feel some fluttery rolling movement in other places but only when I’m laying down on my left side.
  • Options
    @bows22 The first place I felt flutters was to the left a little above my belly button. For three weeks, that was the only place and it took a while for me to realize/accept what they were.
  • Options
    @bows22 that's the exact same spot I've been feeling majority of the flutters!!! I have an anterior placenta so I don't feel anything on the front of my belly. 20+6 FTM so I was very hesitant to believe it was the baby, but for the past 3 days now, that spot is where I feel her most consistently. I'll lay down and try to feel her, and that's where I always feel her first. Then I'll feel on the sides, occasionally on top, but never in the front. 
  • Options
    @bows22 same for me - either lower left or lower center when i'm laying down.  Anterior placenta and almost 20w here.  Feels like popping/fluttering not real kicks yet.
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @stephers_ @sandy5693 I have a posterior placenta this time and a STM, so part of me is stressed that it’s not stronger yet, but am only 18 + 6 so trying not to get in my head about it!  
  • Options
    20+2 I've felt constant daily twirls and switching of positions as well as little pokes for the past 4 weeks. She responds to my pokes back lol im loving it.
  • Options
    @bows22 That's also where I feel them the most with this one!
  • Options
    My oldest and youngest were both able to feel really strong kicks today. It absolutely warms my heart to see the joy on their faces when they talk about their baby brother/sister. My second missed it because the baby was done by the time she came over. My husband has felt it a few times over the last couple of weeks. It's my absolute favorite part of pregnancy. I'm so excited to be able to feel consistent movement. I'm 20 weeks as of today with baby 4.
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022, I wish. I’m 20/5 and still haven’t felt strong kicks. I think I’ve felt yoga, but nothing resembling a kick. 
  • Options
    @jilliboo since this is my fourth I'm definitely used to the feeling. I tend to have larger babies so that usually factors in. I have my 20 week scan today. With my previous kids they were somewhere between 2.5-4.5 pounds for the twenty week scan so I'm nervous. Hoping for something a little smaller this time. 🤣 This one feels smaller so maybe he/she will just be normal sized like all the other babies born in our families. 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    I am starting to get stronger kicks and I’m so happy about that, but they also scare the crap out of me 😂 Also they are only on the left side which I guess is just placenta placement?